Armada Rising

C

Cromartie Sarkissian

Original poster
Armada Rising
It is a new age of prosperity for the galaxy!

20 years ago, a common foe United the free Galaxy under a symbol banner- the banner of the Galactic Armada. They fought so others didn't have to. They fought for peace-- to keep the Galaxy safe from those who would toss it into turmoil

Then there is the Jacobin Society. The common foe. Terror in the name of "Liberty". What they lack in numbers they make up for in zeal- a combination few can ignore the strength of. They fight as if they have nothing to lose

In the name of all that is good in the universe, you have been tasked with tracking down and dismantling the leadership of this terrorist organisation, cutting the beast off at the head. You are the ones who will stand against the force without a face. You are the Cross Bearers: the Armada's first and greatest line of defence

Forgot the Truths you think you know
Prepare for the worst
Fight till the last man
In the name of democracy and freedom
Let the Cross Bearer's stand

---
Characters
You will take the role of a member of Cross Bearers- the Armada's Elite Spec Ops task force. Each player will play a specific role on the team based around their particular skills, e.g. Team sniper, team scout, tech expert, medic. As the best of the best, it's your job to fight so others don't have to-- to force the Jacobin threat out of out of our homes, out of of the front line and back into the shadows where it belongs

Unlike the previous 'Singularity' games, this game will be made up almost entirely of OCs or Canon OCs, including the playerbase. What this essentially means is you can create your own unique member of the Cross Bearers Strike Force, and if you choose they can borrow the powers, equipment or abilities from a specific canon. E.g. Your character could, if you've wanted, possess a Green Lanturn Ring, or Star Trek style phaser. If your character is 100% OC, then that works too. Feel free to get ad creative as you like!

Posting Rate
Posting speed is not the most important thing in the world. I mean, of course we want you as involved as possible to make the most of the game, but we won't go starting a witch hunt if you don't post for a few days. Try to post a few times per chapter to keep up, because if you fall too far behind without explanation, the odds aren't our character will be killed of. On the topic of killing off...

Character Death
Characters are fragile. The Cross Bearers do not have the plot armour you might find in your traditional story. If one of your team mates gets shot, it will leave a scar. If an injury isn't treated in time, it can get infected. If you climb into a barricade as start scream "You and what army?" at the enemy, the odds are you won't survive the first day of battle. If something can kill you can you don't play your cards right, it will. I don't mean to imply that this game will be a player massacre, I just want to highlight the consequences of your decision-- they really do matter in Armada Rising

Rules
Pretty much the usual:
  1. No God Modding or Mary-Sueing
  2. Try to avoid Metagaming- don't make your character make a choice because you think it's best OC, make them make a choice because they believe it to be best IC. It helps to add to the feel of things and helps give the characters some realistic faults
  3. Don't be a jerk. Nobody likes a jerk
  4. Let's try to keep this MA12. Romance is allowed (encouraged, in IC) but keep things Sunday school safe. If things are going to get physical, fade to black or take it to a PM. Somebody think of the Children!
  5. For the sake of having possible thumbs, please use humanoid characters only.
Name:
Abilities/Skills: (E.G. Sharpshooting, hacking etc.)
Canon Base: (Does your character borrow form any particular canon? If so, name it (or them) right here)
Bio: (How did your character join the Armada? Do they have a particular grudge against the Jacobins? Any family? Any partners?)
Other info:

Cast:
@Cromartie Sarkissian GM

I'll have a CS up in a few hours. Can't immediately as I have to leave soon, And then have class for 2 hours. after that I have 3 hours of nothing. if I can't get a CS up in that time I should be shot. xD

~Name~
Mori Filius

~Age~

~Equipment~
One Hidden Blade.
One Glock.
One pair of Nike Air Jordans.

~Abilities/Skills~
Receiving combat training early in life, he finished his 'training' as it was at the hands of the Assassin Order. A talented freerunner and hand to hand martial artist, he however lacks any true superhuman abilities and, as a squishy human, is best suited for recon.
While lacking the true status of a marksman, he does bear proficiency in the use of a close range sidearm, when the old fashioned hidden blade is rendered obsolete.

~Canon Base~
Assassin's Creed

~Bio~
Early history is redacted.

Needing a place to lay low and call home, Mori made his way to the unnamed and uncharted world that housed the conflict of the forever war of the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order. Born on the battlefield, despite his attempts to lead a quiet life, he was drawn to the conflict. Choosing a side, he became an Assassin, completing the will of the Mentor for ten years until his disgust with the emptiness of the war consumed him. Deciding to fight for something he could believe in, he left the world entirely and signed on to the protector's of the galaxy, the Armada.

~Other Info~
You don't want to know.

Name: Taiki Kunigiri

Equipment: Armour That, While not designed for strength, as it is structured in a form of laminated layered metal strips, serves both as a defense and his primary means for Offense, able to manipulate the strips like flying Razorblades (and as such the edges of each layered strip is just as sharp)

Abilities / Skills: Using his armour as a weapon. (Akin to Korra's Kuvira. Best Parallel) Skilled Tactician, Hacker, and Combatant. He's been through his fair share of fights.

Cannon Base: Inspired by several, But the majority is OC in nature. Not one of those carbon copy characters some people have.
Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, fantasy, Tales of, Fullmetal Alchemist, and more used as inspiration.

Bio: Not much is TRULY known about Taiki, Other then he has been a Nomadic individual for most of his life, often being a sort of Mercenary for hire, trying to survive and work to make sure he can. This includes Work as a tactician, Hacker, and Mercenary. Nothing is known about his family, Origins, any siblings. Early Life? Only he can say.

Other Info: Often a Quiet and reserved individual, mostly due to his being contained in his own thoughts. If asked something, he tends to be blunt, regardless of others feelings. For this reason, he can be perceived as cold and heartless, but this is not true.

Appearance isn't finalized, so for that reason references are left out.

Name: Taiki Kunigiri

Equipment: Armour That, While not designed for strength, as it is structured in a form of laminated layered metal strips, serves both as a defense and his primary means for Offense, able to manipulate the strips like flying Razorblades (and as such the edges of each layered strip is just as sharp)

Abilities / Skills: Using his armour as a weapon. (Akin to Korra's Kuvira. Best Parallel) Skilled Tactician, Hacker, and Combatant. He's been through his fair share of fights.

Cannon Base: Inspired by several, But the majority is OC in nature. Not one of those carbon copy characters some people have.
Avatar the Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, fantasy, Tales of, Fullmetal Alchemist, and more used as inspiration.

Bio: Not much is TRULY known about Taiki, Other then he has been a Nomadic individual for most of his life, often being a sort of Mercenary for hire, trying to survive and work to make sure he can. This includes Work as a tactician, Hacker, and Mercenary. Nothing is known about his family, Origins, any siblings. Early Life? Only he can say.

Other Info: Often a Quiet and reserved individual, mostly due to his being contained in his own thoughts. If asked something, he tends to be blunt, regardless of others feelings. For this reason, he can be perceived as cold and heartless, but this is not true.

Appearance isn't finalized, so for that reason references are left out.
~Name~
Mori Filius

~Age~

~Equipment~
One Hidden Blade.
One Glock.
One pair of Nike Air Jordans.

~Abilities/Skills~
Receiving combat training early in life, he finished his 'training' as it was at the hands of the Assassin Order. A talented freerunner and hand to hand martial artist, he however lacks any true superhuman abilities and, as a squishy human, is best suited for recon.
While lacking the true status of a marksman, he does bear proficiency in the use of a close range sidearm, when the old fashioned hidden blade is rendered obsolete.

~Canon Base~
Assassin's Creed

~Bio~
Early history is redacted.

Needing a place to lay low and call home, Mori made his way to the unnamed and uncharted world that housed the conflict of the forever war of the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order. Born on the battlefield, despite his attempts to lead a quiet life, he was drawn to the conflict. Choosing a side, he became an Assassin, completing the will of the Mentor for ten years until his disgust with the emptiness of the war consumed him. Deciding to fight for something he could believe in, he left the world entirely and signed on to the protector's of the galaxy, the Armada.

~Other Info~
You don't want to know.
Double Approved

The Recon and the Gun are set

how many paths does one have to do in this rp

how many paths does one have to do in this rp
I'm not sure if I 100% understand the question, so correct me if I've misinterpreted you, but there is one pathway through the first half of the RP, but at chapter 3, the game splits down 2 seperate paths. I don't want to give away too many spoilers, but the two different pathways will definitely be morally driven, and may cause some rifts between the Cross Bearers members and the Armada. Feel free to create a due to experience both sides of the story of you want- one for each pathway- but it's not compulsory

However, like with all the games we GM with the Singularity, there is wriggle room. There is always the opportunity to change the story and help stir things down a different path depending on how your character interacts with the world around it. The game isn't scripted, so it's a lot more fluid in regards to the changes you can make.

I'm not sure if I 100% understand the question, so correct me if I've misinterpreted you, but there is one pathway through the first half of the RP, but at chapter 3, the game splits down 2 seperate paths. I don't want to give away too many spoilers, but the two different pathways will definitely be morally driven, and may cause some rifts between the Cross Bearers members and the Armada. Feel free to create a due to experience both sides of the story of you want- one for each pathway- but it's not compulsory

However, like with all the games we GM with the Singularity, there is wriggle room. There is always the opportunity to change the story and help stir things down a different path depending on how your character interacts with the world around it. The game isn't scripted, so it's a lot more fluid in regards to the changes you can make.
ugh typo i mean to say posts i tend to do 3-4 lines as a rule but i can do more but good to know

ugh typo i mean to say posts i tend to do 3-4 lines as a rule but i can do more but good to know
Ooooohhhh yeah, post length isn't the most important thing in the world to me. I mean, if there's some form of tradeoff between post length and frequency, great, but at the end of the day, as long as we keep up, length really doesn't matter. 3-4 is great

Reactions: Rads
Name: Phillip ( Goes by Phil) Clark ( Also refer to as Moment Man)
Equipment: He owns a glock pistol that he keeps for protection/ anxiety reasons along with an umbrella and a pair of sunglasses.
Abilities/Skills: Phil has the ability to move forward in time to see events that haven't happened yet, but only for a moment. After seeing the event, he is immediately sent back to the past, often leaving a terrible headache. These moments often happen by touch of a person or object. Diplomat skills/ Charisma for days- Phil knows how to charm most humans and aliens and is skilled at this art, he knows how to use a gun, but isn't particularly skilled at it. He mastered the skill of boxing rather well and uses if he has too. Phil also has a knack for picking up languages ( both human and alien) within a few days.
Canon Base: DC Comics ( Specfically the Meta-human element) with a touch of inspiration from Groundhog Day
Bio: Phil joined the Aramada after his love was killed by the Jacobins ignoring the moment had had of her dying, not believing ti to be possible at the time. Originally fueled a bit by revenge for the Jacobins, but also his own desire to prove that it wasn't his fault. He hopes to defeat them and make a better world for his son Antonio Clark.
Other info: ( For appearance, Phil is based on Andy Karl and I will be using the actor as a face claim for him) .