Arkr's Cairn OOC [Horror] [Mystery] [Survival]

Reference to Danvers State Hospital, an insane asylum.
It was one of the first places to professionally, accurately and successfully perform lobotomizing patients. Other cases of neglect and abuse floated around about the hospital and some cases proven, though only a handful. Turned into a bit of a local legend eventually spawning something of an urban legend about insane asylums back in the 30's, 40's and 50's before advances in x-ray and MRI technology in the 60's and 70's.

Very interesting. I used to study Psychology, so irritated I didn't know this.

My assumption, or at least my assumption while in the role of Jon, is Asylum translates as 'a place you don't want to be'.

Yep. The others better pick up that damn book...

Okay.
I've never studied psychology, but when it comes to history I've learned never to trust what your taught as school, its almost always a half truth.
For example, on the day Washington crossed the Delaware it's stated "a day no one died". Well, its in reference to soldiers dying, not the couple dozen orphans who stayed back to hold horses who froze to death.

As for asylums, I feel alot of it is hyped up by urban legends, but in any legend, a piece always rings true.

Come on guys! Get in the Town Hall! Investigate the blood! Pick up that mysterious book! Explore! Etc!

I'm just waiting for somebody else to get a post up. I just don't like double posting too often, though if necessary, I may as well.

That and was halfway expecting something to happen when entering the asylum.

You entered the asylum? Crap, I need to pay more attention. My apologies, I've been busy. Expect another narrator post this afternoon.

Sorry for my absence, been having internet issues

You entered the asylum? Crap, I need to pay more attention. My apologies, I've been busy. Expect another narrator post this afternoon.

It's all good. I just happened to take a different route than some of the others and wandered into the asylum.

I'm waiting to see if Ray has noticed Veronica approaching.

I'm sorry I've been slow on this end! I was originally waiting to see if Sophia would go into the Town Hall first, but then I never... got any other notifs for this thread? Super weird. I should have time to check the threads properly now (and I think I'll just go ahead and check out the Town Hall myself, if no one minds :D).

Love the idea but I'm not strong enough a writer and ,I've been denied enough times can ,I just watch the story unfold?

Of course! I hope you enjoy where we've gone so far.

I'll have a new post up soon, but I've hit a total block in my brain and can't seem to write my way around it.

I guess I'm trying to hard to see from the perspective of John, while shedding my own bias for a prolonged period of time.

I've been rather busy all week, considering the coming of the forth of July; endless amounts of placed orders for thousands of hungry guests.

Anyways, I'll have a post up before the end of the day in the next few hours. Just gotta unwind.

I tried to create a roleplay like this a while ago but couldn't get enough interest :p
Is it full?

Not at all! Not sure it ever will be. Feel free to send me a sheet!

It has been a little slow going, but I chalk that up to people busy with work or whatever other nonsense comes along in our daily lives. To be honest, I just couldn't think of something 'till last night and it hit me like a brick wall.

It's not a problem - Arkr's Cairn is about slow, prodding exploration and uncovering, so I'm not too worried about a slow, prodding IC! People certainly still seem to be invested, and we still seem to be getting new interest regularly. All in all, it's going well, I think.