Arkr's Cairn OOC [Horror] [Mystery] [Survival]

M'kay. I just felt I couldn't post yet since I was the previous post before yours. I just didn't want to post every other or something.

In slow periods, don't worry. And if I post, feel free to respond to the new scenario or information I'll give you as soon as you'd like, regardless of whether you posted last or not.

This seems really interesting. Are you still accepting new characters? O.o

Yes! Feel free to submit a sheet! Remember to PM it to me, and hopefully I'll get you sorted quickly.

I'm also giong to be a pain and just politely request that as you navigate the town, you try and mention which general cardinal direction you're heading in, i.e. north, south, etc. Left and right are okay for some of the streets, but using the compass will be more reliable.

Edit: Stick and DGraves, don't worry about your last posts; you both use notable buildings that I can easily find a reference point from. I was just thinking about future endeavours!

Name: Anna "Sophia" Whitacre

Appearance:

2vs3s4l.jpg

·Description: Medium-Brown hair down to her lower back is one of the first noticeable features of Sophia. She has glasses, which cover her light-brown almond eyes. Just above them, she sports bangs. At only five-foot-one, Sophia is often teased about her height. Or rather, lack there-of. Her skin is a pale cream color, though not pale enough to blend into any walls.

Her general attire consists of a pair of fitted blue jeans with a simple tank or tee. She always has an engraved pendant necklace tucked below her shirt. Most people would consider Sophia a tom-boy with girly aspects. She is not really one or the other. In most terms, she looks completely average.

·Height: 5'1"

·Weight: 130lbs

·Hair Color: Medium-Brown

·Eye Color: Light brown

Biography: Sophia grew up as normal as anyone could be. She had two loving parents who were separated, each having a significant other. She was the only child, meaning she was often doted on hand-and-foot. It wasn't as if she would receive anything she wanted. Both parents were in the lower middle class status. However, they both loved her unconditionally.

When Sophia turned fifteen, her father was in an automobile accident that left him in a coma with no prospective to awaken. Since then, the only contact she has with her step-mother is if by chance they are at the hospital at the same time.

Her mother and step-father are still well, though Sophia has distanced herself from them since her miscarriage when she was eighteen. She decided to head from her small, redneck town in Indiana to the big life in NYC. She had dreams of becoming a model, though since arriving two years ago, she has gained weight. Between that and her short stature, modeling is not really a valid option anymore.

For the last year, she has been working at a party store while hanging out at the local coffee shops. That is, until now.

Sample:
Early morning Tuesday, Anna Sophia waltzed into the local coffee shop just two blocks from her studio apartment. It was overcast, though the temperature was perfect. Warm with a cool breeze. As she walked into the small shop, she went right for her usual spot in the far corner. Without needing to be asked, the barista tipped his head toward her and began to make her usual Caramel and Butterscotch Latte. So she had a sweet tooth.

Sophia took out her kindle and began to browse her large book collection before selecting one, Open Minds. She enjoyed the supernatural teen stories the most, despite being twenty. The barista called her drink out, causing her to put the device in sleep as she stood up to retrieve her drink. It tasted perfect.

"Thank you," she said with a smile.

"Always welcome," the blonde barista replied before taking another order.

She snuggled up into the booth with her left hand holding the kindle and her right hand wrapped around the warm latte. As she was about to indulge in the sixteenth chapter, her phone rang out. It was unusually loud in the shop, so she fished it from her purse as quickly as possible. Work. Just wonderful. Sophia should have known they would call her in on her only day off.

"Hello," she said solemnly into the receiver.

"Hey, Anna," she hated when they called her by her first name. "Can you come in today?" As much as she hated it, she needed the money. Of course she would say yes. "Well, could you possibly come in right now?"

"Of course," was her reply. Stuffing her kindle in her purse and grabbing the latte, she huffed out the door. Just another day in NYC with no goal in mind.

Whoever entered the Town Hall opened up a whole barrel of mess. This will be fun.

Okay this one has got my attention...from what I've read it is a really good one.

I definitely will be submitting a CS within the next 24 hours.

Hey, you joined EDEN in the Guild way-back-when. Cool. Welcome back.

I look forward to receiving your application.

Hey, you joined EDEN in the Guild way-back-when. Cool. Welcome back.

I look forward to receiving your application.

Couldn't wait...the creativity kicked in...you should have it now.

Name: Veronica Holland (also goes by Ronnie or "VH")

Appearance:
Annie-Wersching-Revolution-season-1.jpg
Veronica is in very good shape. She has to be as it is part of her job. She usually feels most comfortable in blue jeans, a dark colored t-shirt, and running shoes. Veronica has a scar on her left hand from when she was tracking down "Acer".

· Description

· Height:
6 foot

· Weight:
130 lbs

· Hair Color
:Flaming Red

· Eye Color:
Green.

Biography:

Veronica was born and raised New York City. She went to the University of Syracuse on a swimming scholarship. If she wanted to Veronica could've made the U-S Swim team and gone to the Olympics. Veronica's heart though was in police work ever since she was a child she wanted to be a NYPD Detective, so Veronica applied herself and went into the academy the day after graduation.

Veronica displayed keen insights and natural gifts for being a great cop and graduated in the top of her class. The NYPD was practically begging Veronica to join up and she did so without even thinking twice.

It was a great time in Veronica's life she had a job she always wanted, she got married, and became the mother of twin girls. It seemed that it couldn't have gotten better for Veronica, but it did when she got her dream job; a promotion to homicide detective. She was paired up with a vet by the name of Lenny Montgomery, and it was like a dream team. They worked so well together it seemed like any case they were assigned it was solved in a matter of days not weeks. This wasn't a case of Veronica just riding the coat-tails of the vet Veronica proved that she belonged among the ranks of the best in the division.

Then came the case that changed Veronica forever. Lenny and Veronica had been tracking down a serial killer called "Acer." "Acer" would murder someone and leave an Ace playing card at the scene of the crime. Veronica and Lenny tracked him to a warehouse. They went into the warehouse where Lenny was shot in the head protecting Veronica. Veronica pursued "Acer" through the warehouse and she eventually caught him. They fought which resulted in Veronica's scar on her left hand, but she killed him.

The loss of Lenny struck Veronica hard. She became much more sarcastic and cynical, but Veronica also became obsessed with her work. To the point that more than once her Captain Ed Simmons has had to call her into his office to get her to ease up on her work. This change in Veronica also cost Veronica her marriage. Though she says that her twin daughters, Candice and Faith, are better off with their father their absence in Veronica's life is a source of great pain.

Sample:

Veronica stormed into Captain Simmons' office and slammed the door. Simmons was working on a file and said without looking up, "Come on in its open."

Veronica stood in front of his desk and said, "Captain why did you order my key card deactivated? Luckily Lopez was coming into the building at the same time or I might still be standing out there."

Simmons replied without looking up, "You need some downtime Ronnie. This last case took a lot out of you I want you to get some rest for the next two weeks."

Veronica shook her head and said, "Cap I'm fine I took yesterday off. You got a back log that is unreal, and I'm ready to go. Besides the 'Eastside Striker' is still out there. I can take that one of your hands."

Simmons wrote something in the file and said, "Henderson and Gates are dealing with that one."

Veronica shook her head and said, "Those two? Gimme a break Cap. They couldn't find him with a map, a neon sign, and if they blew up the city."

Without looking up Simmons threw a softball from his desk at Veronica who flinched as the ball hit the floor. She asked, "What the hell was that for?"

Simmons finally looked up and said, "Two reasons one disrespecting two fellow officers. Two the VH I know would've caught that and thrown it back at me. VH you're not with it right now. The Denshaw murder case took a lot out of you, and though you won't admit it Lenny's death and your divorce are still eating you up inside. I've got two daughters myself and if they turn out like you I'll do cartwheels all the way to City Hall."

Veronica said, "Well you might wanna leave out that whole nasty divorce thing, but thank you Cap. I'm telling you though I…"

Simmons let out an exhale and said, "Veronica take the next two weeks off. " Simmons shook his head slightly and with a look of deep concern he looked Veronica in the eye and said, "Please Detective Holland don't make me ask for your Shield and Side Arm, because if I do you have no idea when you'll see them again."

This caught Veronica's attention as she looked at the floor and then back up at Simmons. She asked, "Two weeks and that's it?" Simmons nodded and said, "Don't even think of calling anyone or texting anyone here. You're a ghost as of now Veronica."

Veronica said, "Careful I might haunt this place from time to time."

Simmons smirked and said, "Get going your vacation starts now."

Veronica smirked back and replied, "Thanks Cap."

Last edited:
Thank you! You've been added to the roster.

Haha, only two people have made male characters so far and I'm the oblivious old guy who is under the assumption this is all just one big hoax.

I'll have something up shortly, I'm reviewing whats all been posted so far and trying to get my brain working; but I can't seem to get anything particular to come to mind. I should have something before the evening wears on to much though.

And a quick question: What's the name of the asylum?

"Demented Hills" ......nah, too comical.

I'll go back to my post later to put in a name for the asylum, until then I'll just assume the sign is either unreadable or there is no sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
The signage is far too rusted and blackened for your character to discern its original name, but it was once known as the 'Rhua Asylum for the Disabled'.

Define 'disabled', or are we going along the lines of a latter 1800's asylum which consisted of the usual horrors taught about asylums back then. Patient abuse, neglect, torture etc.

I wouldn't know about torture and abuse, but the establishment was certainly not like the intelligent, experienced wards we have today.

Reference to Danvers State Hospital, an insane asylum.
It was one of the first places to professionally, accurately and successfully perform lobotomizing patients. Other cases of neglect and abuse floated around about the hospital and some cases proven, though only a handful. Turned into a bit of a local legend eventually spawning something of an urban legend about insane asylums back in the 30's, 40's and 50's before advances in x-ray and MRI technology in the 60's and 70's.

My assumption, or at least my assumption while in the role of Jon, is Asylum translates as 'a place you don't want to be'.