Arkr's Cairn OOC [Horror] [Mystery] [Survival]

The Fragile as a whole would do the job. Though I always do right side first, then left, if I'm going to sit down and listen to the whole thing.
I gotta say though, I'm really revved up to do any roleplaying. I haven't done any since at least 2007. Though I've found how hard it is to hope anyone will reply to an interest check you posted yourself. I never had to do any of that back then since it was the same eight people I played with for about three years.

I'm just happy I've gotten this much response, and so much of it eager and excited.

I'll note your song choice. Thank you for the post.

So, you've all got your spawn points and a town map, so feel free to start exploring the town! The houses you're in are unoccupied (for now), and two-story buildings (not including the basement).

Sweet! I assume that the houses are furnished and stuff, do they just look like no one is home? And not that my character would know the difference, but do the town and the houses still definitely look like they're from the 1600s?

The town was populated until the fire in the 19th century, so its buildings are generally 1800-era in aesthetic. There's a small amount of dust, but none of the houses look decrepit or otherwise overtly abandoned.

I look forward to watching all of you do so.

Right now I'm trying to figure out turns or posting order. Are we to wait until everyone has posted their piece and then post again, rinse and repeat?

As long as you're not double-posting and aren't posting so frequently as to be every other post, then you don't need to wait for your explicit 'turn'. Remember that right now, you're all alone in the town and your exploration, so you're free to advance it how you wish.

Last edited:
Made it outside! On second thought, Ray would maybe like to go back and hide in the basement again. D:

I'll fix it if I need to, but my vocabulary isn't quite so hot. By overtly abandoned, you are saying they weren't intentionally abandoned? So this implies the house still looks as if it were on any normal day during its time? I suppose this goes for the scene outside as well? Evacuated suddenly leaving some older cars in the streets or a meal left uneaten on a dinner table comes to mind.

It occurs to me they probably didn't have cars in the 19th century. At least, I don't believe they did until the early 20th century in the early 1900's.

Hnng, would it be okay if I dropped out of this? I know it just started and I'm really sorry but I have an online class that just started a couple days ago and I've severely underestimated the workload. Gotta cut some RPs out so I have time for everything. ._.

@DGraves , 'overtly' means to be done obviously, or plainly apparent. When I say 'but they don't look overtly abandoned', I mean that there are some small signs of non-residence, i.e. dust, unmade beds (just small things you wouldn't immediately notice), but otherwise the houses look occupied, just empty - there are no obvious or 'overt' tells that the building was abandoned. No rafters crumbling from the ceiling, no three-thick layers of cobweb, etc.

@Moogle-Girl - it's a shame to see you go, but I'm not forcing your participation - otherwise this whole site loses the point of it. RP'ing is for fun, and if it would stress you out, or make you unable to perform higher priority tasks correctly, then it doesn't matter. Hopefully we'll (or I'll) see you around again soon!

EDIT: No fixing necessary, DGraves, except one minor detail; it's light outside. While not explicitly 'daytime', because the fog makes you unable to see the sky and the sun therein, it is light outside.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
I'll go back in and edit my post to make for light outside.
And thanks for the explanation, even looking it up in the dictionary, I just have a hard time putting some words to use in my own head.

...no? EMajyyks has run across some difficulties that make access slightly more restricted, and Moogle-Girl left, but the rest of you are still here, and you're the ones that hold the power. I can only advance the plot as your characters uncover it. So go uncover it!

I'm still here, I'm just waiting for a little space before I post again. :X

The Bartender, darkred
Name: Dorian Emiliano Felice

· Description: Dorian's been referred to on more than one occasion as a shoe-in for Slenderman, being taller than most of his friends and people he knows. He's quite thin, and despite himself, tends to slouch, which makes him seem all the more towering when he stands up straight. His skin is a shade of pale combined with his faded native american heritage that keeps him from turning ghostly.

He dresses casually in button down long sleeved shirts, black jeans, and a pair of hiking boots. He also rarely goes anywhere without his sunglasses as bright light has a tendency to give him headaches. Dorian's body is toned, and hides more power in it than it shows.

· Height: 6'4

· Weight: 203 lbs

· Hair Colour: Black

· Eye Colour: Dark Grey

Biography: Dorian was raised in a lower-middle class family, with just himself and his younger sister. Life wasn't easy, his parents had divorced when he was four, and his stepmother was abusive to him as he got older. His mother never managed to settle down until he was around fourteen, and didn't become a real part of his life until he was nearly sixteen. From the ages of sixteen to eighteen, he lived with his mother and stepfather, working on their exotic animal farm.

School-wise he was considered a mixed case. He had a deep fascination with psychology, theology, history, anatomy, and a few other things, and when left to his own devices, learned quite a bit, but getting him to pay attention in class was always a challenge. What was worse was his disorganisation left him incapable of getting his homework turned in on time as he'd always forget it at home. His biggest short-coming was math, which he was never much use in.

This foundation left him in somewhat of a disorganised state when he finally struck out on his own. He tried a little of everything, never finding anything that he liked, until he walked into a bar for a drink and walked out with a job. He learned all the various cocktails that he could, and invented a couple of his own as well. His favourite drink for himself was an easy thing to make called a green spider.

He has a strong taste for mint flavours, but hates chocolate. His friends, those that he still talks to, usually see him as the safest person to be around. He talks cheerfully, and aside from occasional bouts of depression, he is actually cheerful. One of his favourite activities is playing cards. He doesn't care what the game is, he just finds it interesting to play.

He collects three distinct things. Cards, be them playing, tarot, or just about any other kind, he has a lot. Grandfather Clocks and Pocket Watches also seem to be a heavy draw for him. The last thing he seems to have an excessive amount of are his books. He doesn't have a single genre he collects, rather, he reads just about everything. He believes that knowledge is the most valuable thing a person can ever have.

He's also been referred to as a Paradox, constantly doing counter-intuitive things, such as listening to depressing music to cheer himself up. One friend said that if they had to pick one word to describe him, he would be the question, "Why?" due to his questioning how everything works.

Sample: Dorian groaned, immediately pulling his sunglasses on. He'd slept in too late, and his head was killing him. That's what he got, he supposed, for staying up all night playing cards with the bar owner after his shift had finished. Still, it had been a good night.

Slowly, he forced himself out of his bed and into the shower. He didn't have to leave for work for about four hours, and that was more than enough time for him to accomplish everything that he needed to. Once his shower was finished, he grabbed the phone and dialed up his best friend, a girl slightly older than himself he'd met over a forum. She lived in a different state, quite a ways away, but she was just as bad as he was about waking up late and it was their custom to call and wake the other if they woke up late.

The phone rang a few times before catching her answering machine. Dorian rolled his eyes "Heeeeey! Soph! Wake uuuuuup! Wakey wakey! C'mo-"

"Alright, alright, I'm up!" The disgruntled voice of his friend clicked on the line. Her voice was gravelly, having just woken up. She let out a loud yawn causing him to laugh. "Oh shut up. What time is it anyway?"

Dorian looked over at the clock before answering "It's 12:45. Plenty early enough to wake up. I don't know how you managed to sleep as late as you did" He remarked.

"Shit... Hey, I'll catch you later, I've gotta go, I'm like, really late. Thanks for waking me up, love you, later!" She said hurriedly before clicking the end call button on her end.

"Typical." Dorian murmured to himself, still amused at how she had reacted. "Ahwell, guess I'd better find something to do for the next few hours." He said to himself, popping open his laptop. A little music was just the thing he needed.

Thank you Requiem! I'll add you to the roster, feel free to jump in to the IC!