Arkr's Cairn OOC [Horror] [Mystery] [Survival]

Name: Jolina 'Jo' L. Persinette

Appearance:

tumblr_mgxjxz9x021s3g6ceo1_500.jpg

Description: Jo is tall and tough. The typical country girl you could say if you took a long, hard look at her tan skin, dirty boots, and fiery attitude. Her face is long and angular with dark blonde hair falling to her breasts. Her lips are always pulled taunt as if she's thinking hard or possibly planning something. She comes from an Irish family, but her mother married a European man and had her, despite her Grandfather's furrowed brows. She bites her lips whenever she's nervous and there is a strange four-claw claw swipe scar going down the left side of her neck. It's completely white and sort of upraised from her natural skin, it is constantly a turnoff to others. There is also a matching bite mark on her right thigh towards the side. Jo typically wears comfortable and ratty shirts covered in paint as well as ripped jeans or shorts and her trusty brown boots or sneakers if she feels up to finding socks. All her bracelets and rings means something or belong to someone else.​
  • Height: She is 5'7" and that may be as tall as she gets.​
  • Weight: About 145lbs, she used to do boxing.​
  • Hair Color: A dark and light blonde mixture.​
  • Eye Color: Honey brown.​

Biography: Jo was born to a cocaine-high mother and an actually decent father. He was in the Navy and constantly gone, day in and day out, which meant her mother was lonely and pathetic. She raised Jo on corn dogs and only fed her decent meals when her father returned home. School was a constant struggle due to her vapid home life and she got into too many fights out of boredom. She managed to pass elementary a school with low 'N's' and she got into middle school with the same demeanor. Snore through classes, bullshit the work, and defend herself from the bitches that pranced around with money and Smuckers Starburst Chapstick on their lips.

Eventually, her mother was busted for dealing and makingheroine slash marijuana. She was given jail time and a Drug-Use rehabilitation course. Her father came home and divorced her mother, taking little Jo to Kansas where her Grandparents lived. A tutor was hired and Jo somewhat got better in her school work, even going as far as joing an art club after school. In highschool, she was a straight 'A' and 'B' student despite it all, making her father the proudest man when she walked across the stage in a special gold one to get her diploma.

She moved a few towns over after that. Getting a job, buying a car, and finding a small condo to stay in for the time being. Jo was a dreamer and she really wanted to travel the world like any other girl. She was a free-lance artist and she sold some of her work for extra money, which she saved up to get a ticket to Italy.

Jo is tough, but peaceful, not getting into conflicts anymore because she is in tune with her Chakras and enjoys helping others instead of hurting. When you tick her off though she can be your worst nightmare. Revenge is practically her middle name, whether its serious or just a simple prank. She is now incredibly lazy since graduating from highschool and has been fired seven different times in two years. Her recent employer has threatened to fire her for a few months now, but it's her Grandpa, he can't just fire her. In all, Jo is impulsive, cunning, cocky, lazy, selfish, and all around full of knowledge that nobody gives a shit about.

Sample: It was Monday, the day when Jo's favorite magic shop got their deliveries. Just last week she had ordered yetanother deck of Tarot Cards as well as a new Ouiji board since the last had been tossed out her window. This story will be saved for another time, but she would be lying if she said her anger had dissipated.

She pressed her fingers against the glass door, sending a shrill "BRIIIIINNNNNNG" throughout the cluttered shop. There were stacks and stacks of books piled in every corner, packs of whoopie cushions hanging on their own wall, and even little marionettes hanging beside the cash register. The air smelt of years worth of dust and the mahogany floor did not look mahogany anymore. "Al?" Jo called out, cupping her hand around her mouth and looking around some shelves. Al was the shop owner and he was the only one that worked her, which meant he had her packages as well as the local gossip. He may not get many customers, but he did reside near the two elder woman that owned the cupcake store across the way and they did have a lot to say.

"Yes? Jolina is that you-hoo-hoo?" The man's voice was scratchy yet warm, bouncing off the walls as he hopped out behind the counter from the back room and gave Jo a bone crushing hug. "Yeah, it's uh me!" Jo squeaked at the old man's strength and then took a deep breathe as he backed away.

"Your package is here! Your package is here! Fresh out the truck darling..." Al hobbled behind the counter again and fished out a semi-large box from the cluttered space. He dropped it on the counter and twiddled his fingers happily, a grin so wide across his wrinkled face that Jo thought he may have froze like that. She grabbed the box and thanked him kindly, asking about anything new that he may have heard from Marge and Linda. Sadly, he shook his head no and offered her a free whoopie cushion instead.

This was like her tenth one this month, but that's okay. She was thinking of starting a collection actually. Jo grasped her box beneath her arm, rather disappointed, and said her goodbyes, pulling open the shop door and heading out into the Kansas sun.

Thank you EMajyyks! You and Jo have been added to the roster.

We also have some Town History now! And, with 5 players, I feel content to begin the IC thread and get this game started. So look forward to that tomorrow!

Kewl beans.
May not be able to log on until somewhere around eight in the evening. (18 hours from post)

As long as you can post once or twice or week, it doesn't matter when.

Before I begin, there is the decision of where exactly in Arkr's Cairn your characters find themselves. Almost universally this will be in the cellar of one of the many houses in the town - but would you rather choose your own spawning point, or have them chosen for you? And would you like your location to be kept secret from the other players?

I will adhere to the majority vote.

Exciting times, players - the IC is up and alive, with the first post made and the rest eagerly awaited!

I'm fine with either picking a location or having one picked for me... just so long as Ray ends up somewhere close to at least one other character. I don't care if it's secret or not, because I don't think Ray is going to keep it a secret for very long.

What does everyone else think? I imagine it'll take a while for everyone to get out of their respective basements, so we have time to figure out who's where.

I thought if it was kept secret, it might be a nice way to enable completely organic solo exploration, at least initially; however, I'm not certain it would succeed in the intended way if we were to go ahead like that.

OH, I get what you mean. It'd also add suspense in that you don't know WHO you'll run into next. SO OKAY, I change my mind. Secret and picked for me. :|b

See, that's what I was thinking. I'm just not sure how to track everyone's location playing in this format.

I'd like it chosen for me and kept from the other players. In suspense/horror RPs like this, it's usually best for knowledge of the players and characters to match up as closely as possible. It's much easier to write realistic posts that way, and keep the suspense alive. :3

I suppose I could keep track personally of each character (since you all have access to a town map anyway, and I know where you spawn), and post as the narrator when one approaches another. Or approaches something else...

I think that'd be the best, yeah.

Okay. We'll see what the other three think and go from there, but at least I have workable plans for either avenue now.

Name: Conan Locket

Appearance:
tumblr_ljz9ghQHTi1qd5i0fo1_500_large.jpg

· Description: Conan has pale white skin due to her lack of going outside. Her skin is delicate but it doesn't mean she's as white as a white wall. Her hair is short and has always been that way. She really can't stand having it longer than shoulder length. She has strong facial features and is pretty slim. She was once told that she could probably make it as a model but one thing just wasn't in her favour...her height, she was too short. I guess that really doesn't bother her though. Conan always wears the latest tends in fashion, she likes to get the attention of others.

· Height: Roughly 5'6

· Weight: 130

· Hair Color: Dark brown

· Eye Color: A dark brown that almost seems to be black

Biography:
Conan grew up as the oldest of five children, in a good catholic family. Which made her know the rights and wrongs of life. She was a little angel in other peoples eyes but would always pick on her younger brother. Who doesn't pick on younger siblings? Whenever she hurt her siblings to the point when she made them cry, she would quickly say "sorry, please forgive me" then her mother would walk in and tell her "Chasey fell and bumped his head again". I don't know how many times she gave this excuse but her mother knew that her brother didn't always 'bump his head'.

Her and her family lived in a small town without a high school, so it was pretty common for students to leave their family and hometown to finish their education. Some went to boarding schools, some families moved into larger cities together but Conan moved into a large city where she knew nobody except her aunt. She knew she had to leave by herself for as long as she could remember. A lot of people left the town for this reason, making the population decline. Pretty soon it probably wouldn't even exist anymore.

When it was time to move, Conan was really looking forward to it. Living in a new place, no more rules, no parents but just a cool aunt. YESSS! This seemed like a whole new world and a place where she could create a whole new her. Everything then seemed like it was a dream, she was the perfect student. Slowly things spiralled downwards, pursuing her own goals and dreams started to fade away right before her eyes. She missed home, she felt alienated, and her mother was getting sick..very sick. She didn't know what to do. Go back home and tend to her sick mother or stay in the city and move on to get her diploma. Naturally she went back home. A few years went by and eventually came the day that was the last day she would ever see her mother again.

After her mother passed away, she broke down and gave up everything she enjoyed. You could say she sort of went into a depression. She did things she never would've done before. She started drinking and partying at a young age and even ran away to join a group that wasn't really her thing. Today she is still in the rebellious group.

Sample:

"You're so crazy"
Today was one of those days when Kyle was on his good side. Truly you really wouldn't get on his bad side. He'll literally tear you to pieces. When he was with Conan, it was like he was a whole different person.

"Like you aren't just as bad as I am" Conan teased as she was walking on the ledge of a bridge.

"Pttff...Well maybe you're right" He replied, grabbing her hand so she wouldn't fall.

It surprised her when he grabbed her hand but she tried not to sweat about it and didn't show it on her face either. The rest of the way back to what they call their 'home' was silent. It wasn't an awkward silent but a sweet one.

Just then, the sounds of guns firing made everyone on the block startled and were scattering left and right to find shelter. Kyle and Conan ran to hide in the nearest alley. The groups in the city hated each other and were practically at war. They knew who they were and they were out to get them. Conan could feel it. Was she going to die this way? When they seemed like they were at a safe distance Conan look at Kyle to see if he was still trailing behind her.

"Are you ok? You seemed a bit slower than usual"

"No I'm fine. I probably just need more exercise or some...."He trailed off as he was starting to fall.

Conan quickly grabbed him before he hit the ground. Something was wrong..very wrong. She looked at her hand , which was now covered in blood. "Why don't you ever tell me things...stupid!!" She yelled while taking her jacket off. "We need to put pressure on it" Then placing her jacket against his gun shot wound on his stomach. Kyle groaned at the pain.

"Go back to the hideout. I'll be fine here"

"No, I'm staying here with you. You're going to be ok." She said still trembling wondering if her words will soon become lies. Was he really going to be ok? Was she going to lose someone important to her again? No, she wouldn't be able to bear it.

Chosen random location kept from my knowledge.

And I've got an idea.
And I won't share.
Yet.

I wouldn't say Jon is creepy.
Just damaged through numerous extreme and some subtle events that have shaped his life; however, as any soul, this is mirrored through his own actions. Not sure if it'll play out, but I've got an idea behind Jon's character that may add depth to his part of the story. Of course, I've know idea what Roman has in store in terms of horror; whether it be psychological, demons, suspense or even some whacked out mind bender which tortures the mind, soul and body in a hell bent world which has but one purpose; that is to destroy you or cause you to destroy yourself.

Hmmm, I seem to be getting off track.
Back to the stereotypes of horror, more specifically, horror flicks. I suppose the only question we have to ask ourselves about the number one rule. Is any character a virgin? If not, well, death may wait for you, but not for as long as one would wish.

Btw, this song right here seems like it'd be a perfect intro to this story if this were a horror movie.

Imagine, the scene starts off black, this melodic sound playing in the background. Images of each character in there current state in the cellars flashes into view for but a handful of frames; followed by a heavily distorted handful of frames of their darkest secret. The music begins growing, the scenes become distorted with creatures forming within the shadows and the images of past events in each of their lives play through in uneven frames, slowly become more erratic in motion.
The film begins shifting side to side with the effect of tearing film. The music hits its peak and a series of disturbing images, heavily distorted, flashes in front of the audience.
Finally, it subsides and takes a dramatic decline in the music, the film follows with a slow change in its lighting, the characters dissolve into the shadows and a cellar door is seen closing by a disfigured disembodied hand.
And then...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, Silex would be gravely offended if you called him a "creepy older dude"... >w>

Haha, sorry, I was being too general. :') Ray might be offensive, but I think they're both cool and I'm really excited to play with 'em. :]

Brownie points for a NIN song. The Frail would probably be a good album to set the whole game to, one way or another. C: