Arizona man and cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be AWESOME is if people could spread good messages without also tearing down or contradicting someone else's good message at the same time. O___O I don't understand why people feel it necessary to correct others with their stories. I don't really understand those people that like to contradict GOOD stories too with the "BUT NOT ALL _____". (Not all guys! Not all feminists! Not all cops! Not all rich kids!) Everyone knows that things don't apply to ALL people/situations. @___@ It's unnecessary to diminish one's statements to remind everyone of the fact. Why can't we just appreciate a story for what it is.

But I guess that is just the nature of people. People want to correct things at all times. O__O It's hard to just appreciate good things without pointing out bad things.

What would be AWESOME is if people could spread good messages without also tearing down or contradicting someone else's good message at the same time. O___O I don't understand why people feel it necessary to correct others with their stories. I don't really understand those people that like to contradict GOOD stories too with the "BUT NOT ALL _____". (Not all guys! Not all feminists! Not all cops! Not all rich kids!) Everyone knows that things don't apply to ALL people/situations. @___@ It's unnecessary to diminish one's statements to remind everyone of the fact. Why can't we just appreciate a story for what it is.

But I guess that is just the nature of people. People want to correct things at all times. O__O It's hard to just appreciate good things without pointing out bad things.
Actually some people don't know that. That's why we have extremists.

That's political correctness for ya darling.

Well... we know how I feel about extremists. >:/ And they are not nice words.

I have to agree with Utsuho here.

What we're seeing today is two things:

1) People taking the vast minority of abusive cops, and making it out to be something insanely common.
2) People taking rough situations, and cherry picking specific parts of the recording/story so the cop looks bad, without understanding any context.

And honestly it tries my patience to see this "Screw the Cops!" or "We need to remember how many Cops are actually bad people" mentalities.
Because it is built upon nothing expect fear, ignorance and paranoia.

Hell, Ferguson alone should have made this clear to people.
Not only was something attacking officers forcing them to defend themselves, but crowds of 'peaceful' protester's were blockading the Police from getting in.
And if Police were truly these monsters that Media paints them to be, do you really think they would have stayed back? Or do you think they'd have beat that crowd down?

Hell let's remember that the entire neighbourhood was being pillaged, ransacked and robbed by people just looking to take advantage of a crisis.
Those Protestor's by all accounts were aiding criminal activity and actively siding with criminals while prevent the police form upholding the law.
The Police would have been fully in their right to take own and arrest the lot of them. But they didn't.

This, something which should clearly address that most cops are still good people that don't want to hurt others, even if the people are being outright revolting.
But do we see that?

No, people see this and somehow twist it to be about how cop's are abusive and racist...

Ok, rant over.
I don't intend to debate this so please don't bother making any long responses trying to argue back.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Foxy and Mid
Wish I could contribute to this in some meaningful way but all I'm getting is flashbacks to cop stories my grandmother told me on her days of the force and my uncle's theories on how to properly handle the cops and something about legally being allowed to call the station and tell them you're not pulling over for their officers until you get to the station. (No idea if that's even true or not). Haven't had an experience with an actual cop since I pretended to be lost as a young young child just to get a ride in a cop car.

I appreciate what this guy is trying to do here -- I really do, because it is pretty horrible to see people act as if all cops are bad when many of them are not.

However, I can definitely see why his wording would bother people. It pretty much reads as, "Hey, I'm still alive after all this, so, maybe police brutality isn't really a thing and cops will be nice to you if you're nice to them...?" which almost seems to act as if there are no cops who are needlessly aggressive or racist or whatever, and that is something I might disagree with.

I definitely don't think all cops or even the majority of cops are bad, but I also understand why people would want to spread the word about instances where cops do seem to be in the wrong. It gets more people thinking about it and maybe considering that cops should perhaps be better trained or w/e, and, yeah, I'd say that that's a good thing.

You shouldn't demonize cops, that's for sure, but I also wouldn't say it's right to act as if a certain thing isn't an issue at all -- especially if there's evidence to suggest that this sort of thing is a problem and you don't exactly try to debunk that evidence except by saying "I didn't die, did I?".

There's a happy medium in here somewhere, I'm sure.

Hey, me neither.

Being a white guy fucking rocks.
Shit, I guess my white privilege card is broken, because I was once yelled at by a couple of cops for crossing a road. Legally. They then proceeded to ignore my ass nearly being made into pasty roadkill by a couple of whooping dipshits. Stupid small town bumblefucks.

PS: Never live in Beaumont, AB. It sucks dick and is full of French people. Bloody French. Hon hon hon.

Anyway, on-topic: The happy medium is obviously to point out when problems exist without presuming that it represents the entire sum or whole by association. If one police department is a corrupt shithole, this does not mean that all police departments are corrupt shitholes, but it also does not mean that it shouldn't be addressed and dealt with as necessary. If people were logical, they would examine it as a case-by-case basis, look up statistics, and address issues as they appear.

However, because the average human has an IQ of a near-retarded 100, we're instead stuck with large groups of roving twats who screech "conservatard" or "libtard" each respectively at each other without actually addressing any problems. As though admitting that there are some shitty cops somehow condemns all cops by association, or that if there are some bad cops that somehow means that all cops are shitty by association.

Oh well. Maybe one day people will learn this world is grey and not black and white... Probably not, though.

Reactions: Esmeray
Shit, I guess my white privilege card is broken, because I was once yelled at by a couple of cops for crossing a road. Legally. They then proceeded to ignore my ass nearly being made into pasty roadkill by a couple of whooping dipshits. Stupid small town bumblefucks.

PS: Never live in Beaumont, AB. It sucks dick and is full of French people. Bloody French. Hon hon hon.

Anyway, on-topic: The happy medium is obviously to point out when problems exist without presuming that it represents the entire sum or whole by association. If one police department is a corrupt shithole, this does not mean that all police departments are corrupt shitholes, but it also does not mean that it shouldn't be addressed and dealt with as necessary. If people were logical, they would examine it as a case-by-case basis, look up statistics, and address issues as they appear.

However, because the average human has an IQ of a near-retarded 100, we're instead stuck with large groups of roving twats who screech "conservatard" or "libtard" each respectively at each other without actually addressing any problems. As though admitting that there are some shitty cops somehow condemns all cops by association, or that if there are some bad cops that somehow means that all cops are shitty by association.

Oh well. Maybe one day people will learn this world is grey and not black and white... Probably not, though.

I'm pretty sure with IQ tests, 100 is always the median score, meaning the absolute average across everyone tested. If 100 is the middle-score, then it stands to reason that it's not a fixed number and what would be considered an IQ of 100 in say the 1940s wouldn't be the same as an IQ of 100 today, simply because education has become much better and things like resources like the internet (near-instant access to any knowledge you wish and ability to share it) and scientific advancement are invaluable to our collective intelligence.

So, an IQ of 100 isn't near-retarded. That's actually closer to 70.

I'm pretty sure with IQ tests, 100 is always the median score, meaning the absolute average across everyone tested. If 100 is the middle-score, then it stands to reason that it's not a fixed number and what would be considered an IQ of 100 in say the 1940s wouldn't be the same as an IQ of 100 today, simply because education has become much better and things like resources like the internet (near-instant access to any knowledge you wish and ability to share it) and scientific advancement are invaluable to our collective intelligence.

So, an IQ of 100 isn't near-retarded. That's actually closer to 70.
Warning: This reply is extremely pessimistic and sardonic. My grandfather is dying of kidney failure right now, so my vain attempts at optimism are failing right now, and all you're going to get from this response is my unbridled, most pessimistic view of human beings imaginable. Also, it's only kind of on topic, so, you know, ignore it if you want to keep talking cop-stuff.

It was more of a joke at the expense of the population because saying "we have the literacy and general comprehensive ability of seventh graders" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. The average (being 100 that it is) is dimwitted and generally incapable of perceiving much beyond their inherent beliefs. Ergo why you can have millions of people screeching incoherently about many various ideologies from the religious to the political to the economic. Even things as completely idiotic and unimportant as "dem vidya gaemz have titties" gets tens of thousands riled up and screeching, news media rolling propagandist black and white pieces on one side or the other, and so on.

The reason giant parties like the Democrats and the Republicans exist in the US is specifically because the median average is borderline retarded and entirely incapable of seeing beyond their own conceptions of what the universe should be. Instead of having several views, you always wind up with a few powerhouses because people get indoctrinated into a viewpoint and then never question it. Not many people accept the universe for what it is and how very infantile we are in our general understanding of it, leave alone on complex socioeconomic issues like poverty and cop abuse against blacks. There are hundreds of thousands of cops and millions of blacks, and we're supposed to draw conclusions on the entirety of all cops or black people based on a handful of examples from news media that has been time and again proven to be politically biased? Or from facebook posts that talk about personal experiences that nobody can even physically verify if they occurred in real life most of the time? Hell, look at this raving stupidity where someone attached a quote from the fucking unabomber to a picture of Bernie Sanders. It got over 9,000 shares. Only a few people actually clued in that this was nonsense.

The average, 100 IQ level human being in the United States of America, is borderline fucking retarded. They could save themselves very easily if they wanted to by manipulating the very political system they have by starting from the bottom up. They don't do so because they're too busy staring at pictures of Kim Kardashian, or playing video games, or watching movies, or fighting over stupid, pointless, idiotic nonsense. Change in society--meaningful, productive change--comes incredibly slowly because the majority of people are content to live in a fantasy world where everything they believe to be right, is right, without question. Look at the sheer number of petitions on Change.org. Look at the sheer volume of people who are too fucking lazy to do anything about real problems, so they throw off a single 60-second "signing" of a petition that has only as much political power as those in charge allow it to have.

As much as I believe in and seek to protect core individual rights, it's not because I think the individual is in any way, shape, or form, important or meaningful. The vast majority of individuals are popcorn eating fucktards who think that Transformers is good film, who think that blatant over-sexualization and stereotypical minority roles are somehow reflective of the real world. People who never, ever change their views of the world, who never consider another side, who preach tolerance only if it conforms to their interests. No, I believe in individual rights, because those few not-retarded people, are the only thing keeping this species going, and the laws which best enable them to slowly implement changes necessary to society, should be kept sacrosanct.

Orwell was wrong: We're not going to get fucked by a 1984 government. We're going to fuck ourselves over, as Huxley predicted. This is just going to be yet another pointless story about how not all cops are bad, and then the other side is going to screech pitifully "yes all cops are bad", and this cycle is going to repeat itself another thousand fucking times.

So as amusing a topic as this is to discuss, the fact of the matter is, I made the IQ joke fully well knowing that 100 is the median average. Because our median average is frustratingly retarded. It doesn't matter what you believe, for every one rational thinker in your camp, there's gonna be at least 10 screeching idiots that follow along. :ferret:

Warning: This reply is extremely pessimistic and sardonic. My grandfather is dying of kidney failure right now, so my vain attempts at optimism are failing right now, and all you're going to get from this response is my unbridled, most pessimistic view of human beings imaginable. Also, it's only kind of on topic, so, you know, ignore it if you want to keep talking cop-stuff.

It was more of a joke at the expense of the population because saying "we have the literacy and general comprehensive ability of seventh graders" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. The average (being 100 that it is) is dimwitted and generally incapable of perceiving much beyond their inherent beliefs. Ergo why you can have millions of people screeching incoherently about many various ideologies from the religious to the political to the economic. Even things as completely idiotic and unimportant as "dem vidya gaemz have titties" gets tens of thousands riled up and screeching, news media rolling propagandist black and white pieces on one side or the other, and so on.

The reason giant parties like the Democrats and the Republicans exist in the US is specifically because the median average is borderline retarded and entirely incapable of seeing beyond their own conceptions of what the universe should be. Instead of having several views, you always wind up with a few powerhouses because people get indoctrinated into a viewpoint and then never question it. Not many people accept the universe for what it is and how very infantile we are in our general understanding of it, leave alone on complex socioeconomic issues like poverty and cop abuse against blacks. There are hundreds of thousands of cops and millions of blacks, and we're supposed to draw conclusions on the entirety of all cops or black people based on a handful of examples from news media that has been time and again proven to be politically biased? Or from facebook posts that talk about personal experiences that nobody can even physically verify if they occurred in real life most of the time? Hell, look at this raving stupidity where someone attached a quote from the fucking unabomber to a picture of Bernie Sanders. It got over 9,000 shares. Only a few people actually clued in that this was nonsense.

The average, 100 IQ level human being in the United States of America, is borderline fucking retarded. They could save themselves very easily if they wanted to by manipulating the very political system they have by starting from the bottom up. They don't do so because they're too busy staring at pictures of Kim Kardashian, or playing video games, or watching movies, or fighting over stupid, pointless, idiotic nonsense. Change in society--meaningful, productive change--comes incredibly slowly because the majority of people are content to live in a fantasy world where everything they believe to be right, is right, without question. Look at the sheer number of petitions on Change.org. Look at the sheer volume of people who are too fucking lazy to do anything about real problems, so they throw off a single 60-second "signing" of a petition that has only as much political power as those in charge allow it to have.

As much as I believe in and seek to protect core individual rights, it's not because I think the individual is in any way, shape, or form, important or meaningful. The vast majority of individuals are popcorn eating fucktards who think that Transformers is good film, who think that blatant over-sexualization and stereotypical minority roles are somehow reflective of the real world. People who never, ever change their views of the world, who never consider another side, who preach tolerance only if it conforms to their interests. No, I believe in individual rights, because those few not-retarded people, are the only thing keeping this species going, and the laws which best enable them to slowly implement changes necessary to society, should be kept sacrosanct.

Orwell was wrong: We're not going to get fucked by a 1984 government. We're going to fuck ourselves over, as Huxley predicted. This is just going to be yet another pointless story about how not all cops are bad, and then the other side is going to screech pitifully "yes all cops are bad", and this cycle is going to repeat itself another thousand fucking times.

So as amusing a topic as this is to discuss, the fact of the matter is, I made the IQ joke fully well knowing that 100 is the median average. Because our median average is frustratingly retarded. It doesn't matter what you believe, for every one rational thinker in your camp, there's gonna be at least 10 screeching idiots that follow along. :ferret:
I'm sorry about your grandfather, I went through something similar a few years ago with mine. If you need to talk, you know where to find me.

I'm not going to reply to most of that because it's pretty clear you're in a rough place and need to vent.

Cops are ultimately humans.

And even if one does not like it, humans make mistakes, have bad judgement in certain situations, are not perfectly logical and are prone to questionable decisions. Another attribute that humans have is that they have problems, which are sometimes not immediately visible. Whether it be a small quirk of theirs that annoys others or perhaps a deeper issue, one can simply not filter all of them out because then they are left with an empty sheet of paper and a department without any people, including themselves. Put these two factors together, multiply them by the manyfold, add connections between different people, give them authority to enforce the law and suddenly, you have a fallible, very much human police force.

Does that sound familiar? Because it should. Every single human organisation on this planet works this way and why should oe expect the police to be clean and spotless when it comes to their actions? That is simply impossible. One can certainly hold them to a higher standard as one entrusts them with their safety, the upholding of the laws that shape society, but one has to realise that certain standards are simply impossible to achieve. The sad reality of the situation is that no matter what one thinks of themselves or the rest of the world, there are always going to be chinks in certain places, faults that will never be corrected because humanity is not a species of machines.

Does that excuse individual acts of police brutality? No. Does that excuse the rioters or the people who demonise the police? No. Does that negate a personal experience? No. Does that highlight a greater issue? Yes, it does. It is so easy to think of others as flawless machines, as people who are simply not people that it is frightening. As others have pointed out, a bad apple tends to spoil the entire bunch, but that is true for both the police and those who paint them with pitch black paint. In their grief, people forget that the rational response is to ask for the punishment of the individual, not the entire organisation.

Certainly, there are some problems in the police force as in any organisation, but the right course of action should be to seek out the factors which are responsible for these problems, whether they be people or perhaps the way that the organisation itself is set up. But howling like a wolf at the moon about how evil these people are or how good these people are will eventually divide people into camps and well... That always turns out to be for the better does it not?

So in short, what do I think? This message does not nullify occasional acts of police brutality, nor does it paint all policemen as saints. It is just trying to tell others that the police they pile so much responsibility on is also a human entity.

@Brovo So sorry to hear you're going through such a rough event in your life. Well wishes to you and your family. *hugs*

I would love to be a cop! Americans are whiny, needy people. Let's look at NYC as our example. People were so pissed at Bloomberg's tough administration politics like stop and frisk. They voted in De Blasio because they liked his talk of taking the power away from the police starting with stop & frisk. They felt it was racist and made only to target young black males.

Guess what?

Those same kids being protected by Al Sharpton are now running the streets free. Gun violence, assaults and drugs are on the rise and it is by young Hispanics and Blacks. That's just the reality of it. There was an assault of 20+ kids on a mother and her teenage daughter, caught on video. They were assaulted twice within two days and ended up getting an emergency transfer because they feared for their lives. This old lady had her purse snatched by a couple of girls. A group of teens assaulted one person in a pop eyes. Fights break out in subways. There have been multiple shoot outs over various weekends. There have been cops shot while in their patrol car, dead. Where is the outcry for them? A little girl was shot dead in her apartment by a stray bullet.

I cross the street when I see a group of teenagers because they make me nervous. De Blasio has lessen the amount of overtime a cop can have and has turned a blind eye to the violence escalating around us.

I support cops because I know 90% of them are good people. Fuck the bad ones. Just like any job there will always be screw ups. When I hear things like don't be a snitch, don't trust the pigs and so on...I feel these people are so ignorant. These people are making our newer generation stupid and wild. But really, they are selfish people who expect to get everything but give nothing in return.

My brother is stopped all the time, asked about his tattoos and let go. Cops talk to him and see he's a good person. He's been frisked with no problems. It kills me when I see situations of someone being pulled to the side and the response given is, "awww hell naw, you're pulling me over because I'm a brother. Racists cops can never let a brother talk a walk in peace!" Or some ridiculous comment like this. Why do minorities always make it about race? Always. When you call them out on it, you are instantly labeled a racist. O.o

It is just...ridiculous to me at this point.

Here's a dancing cop for you.

c22d99399d0c3d8b46b5411c29aae84f.jpg

"Maintiens le droit, broooos."

Reactions: Torsty and Brovo
Status
Not open for further replies.