Status
Not open for further replies.
✿ Xanthe Liliana Selwyn ✿
x29t2q.jpg

@Thomas McTavish

Xanthe bore an expression of confusion at first, towards Kirtah, before a smile blossomed in its place. She did not understand the language but the later translation turned confusion to a calmer expression. "I must say I envy those people." She mumbled softly, her head once again propped onto her palm as she watched with listened with rapt attention. "Their adventures and ability to weave their adventures into an art..." A small sigh strayed from her lips as eventually just shrugged softly, letting her eyes flutter close for a few moments.

Though she nodded quite happily when he mentioned his own tales, her eyes opening as she studied Kirtah quietly. "A...hunter dog tore out its owner's throat?" Xanthe looked both horrified and intrigued at the summary. Xanthe was certainly horrified at the fate of the hunter at his own dog's jaws, she was curious to how exactly Kirtah could have a presumably trained dog do such a thing. His mention of a lighter note caused her to snap out of her thoughts, only to grin. "Though I wish to know how exactly you made a dog tear out its own owner's throat..." She trailed off, only to take a small pause before continuing. "How exactly did you acquire this lifestyle? Or...How exactly have you started 'doing what it is you do?'" She asked, a brow raised as she remained attentive. "Why did you become a wanderer? If I may ask."

Kirtah stared into the swirling grain of the wooden table, memories flashing through his mind. "I... left home as a young whelp. Hardly knew a thing about what the world was like. I stumbled out into the wilderness and wandered there for a week or two. Eventually, a man found me. I was small, weak, starving, thirsting to death, covered in sores and cuts and bruises, but he saw the fire still in my eyes. He was a wanderer of the same ilk as m'self now. He took me under his wing, and from 'im I learned all I'd need t'get by. How to fish, an' hunt, an' fight. Taught me how to be strong. Aft' he taught me how t' survive, he taught me how to live. What it was to be a Wanderer bah choice. To be a wild spirit, beholden to none but my will. He taught me that death was a part of life, and all one can do is defy him at every turn and when ye can't run anymore, fight. Fight until you can't fight. And when he finally gets you, greet each other with respect, as friends. But 'til then, until that day, never kneel to anyone. He taught me what it was to accept the blade before the chain, to choose Oblivion before submission. To live as a warrior. To die as a warrior." He looked up, shaking himself from his thoughts.

"Eventually, he taught me all he could. He was getting old, almost too old to fight, and so we parted ways. He set off to find the man or monster t'would grant him the death he sought. I guess he found it, because we haven't met since." He finished his drink, and set the tankard down, smiling at Xanthe. "Tha's m' story, lass. Hope ye found it interesting."

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
x29t2q.jpg

@Thomas McTavish

Throughout the time Kirtah told the tale, Xanthe was fully attentive to every detail she could get. She was used to listening and taking information. A smile decorated her features, the expression gentle in nature, as she pressed her cheek further into her palm as her fingers rest by her eye. "The wanderer who took you in as a child...He sounds like a wonderful man." She mumbled. "It sounds like an honorable way to live. The way of a warrior...huh..." Xanthe just smiled brighter. "You have a wonderful story, Kirtah~"

Leaning back a bit she stretched out her arms, yawning softly before letting her arms go limp onto the table. "I wish I could say something more interesting about myself. I simply decided one day that I wanted to travel around and see new things. People who thought differently and different ways of life...So! I simply told my adoptive parents and days later left!~" She almost cheered, a large grin on her lips. "Nothing more. I guess now I just cant settle to one place..."

A flicker of amusement danced in her gaze as she raised a brow in curiosity. His previous mention about the hunter dogs returned to her attention. "So...How exactly did you have a hunter's dog tear out its owners throat?" Xanthe asked, cocking her head to the side slightly.​

A mischievous gleam twinkled in Kirtah's eye. "Now that," he chuckled, "Is a real tale. I hope you're not affiliated with Aunryha, or we're about to have some trouble. See, I was trav'lin 'round and ended up in Aunryha. After a few drinks and a display of my... particular talents, I was immediately declared a heretic and set upon by guards. They kept screaming about catching the heretic and preparing the fire-stake, so I figured they meant to burn me alive or some shite. I get into blows with one of the gate guards, and he gives me a nick on the leg wif 'is sword. I nab a horse, and ride it 'till the poor nag almost faints. I leave it by a stream, and set off on foot. Now, Aunryha is home to some of the best headhunters in the known world. They breed the best bloodhounds in the known world. Their sense of smell is impeccable, but the eyes," he pauses and taps the side of his eye socket for emphasis, "Not so good. Poor things are all blind. Don't seem to inhibit them none, so the breeders seem to let it slide.

"Back to me. I was camped up in the woods well out of Aunryhan territory, when I get woke up by the sound of a baying hound. Deep an' throaty, ah knew it was a headhunter from Aunryha. Bastardly thing musta smelled me blood from when that guard nicked me. So, did what any traveling warrior would do. Drew me axe and prepared for a fight.The hound charged me first, and I kicked it against a tree. Think I broke a rib or two on it, it just laid there for a bit. It's master charged me with a spear, but I hooked it with me axe and got close enough to give 'im a solid punch. Dog charged me again, so I kicked it's face. As I was about to bring my axe down on it, the headhunter cut my arm bad. I remembered that the dog's tracking my scent, not my face, so I wiped some blood from my arm wound onto my hand, and charged the headhunter. I knock his spear away and grab him by the throat, smearing my blood on him.

"I throw him over by his dog. Dumb beast smells my blood before it smells him, and bites his throat. The man's terrified screams die out as he starts to drown in his own blood. The hound smelled I was still standing, so it rushed me again. Put a boot to it's jaw and my axe to it's head. I checked if the headhunter had any valuables, packed up, and I haven't been to the region since." the wanderer took a breath and leaned back after relaying such a lengthy story, smiling and waiting for Xanthe to respond. It was one of his favorite stories to tell, because it amused him so much, looking back on it.

@Aka~Kitsune

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
@Thomas McTavish

At some points in the story, Xanthe looked horrified, though she masked it well. She did not like violence but the story itself was interesting. She event felt bad for the dogs, being born blind as their masters went uncaring. "Oh my..." Her brows furrowed for a moment as her eyes strayed to the table for a second. "Is it bad that I feel sorry for those dogs?" Xanthe ended up mumbling, fingers tapping repeatedly by her eye, teeth biting her lip. "To be born for such a violent thing..." She grumbled out before sighing, the tiredness that resounded with the action opposed her previously bright and peppy mood.

However, that only lasted a second as she shot up properly only moments later. She realised his first statements and ended up shaking her head harshly as her hair whipped around her head with the movement. "Sorry I got lost in your story." Setting her hands down in her lap she smiled. "I am nothing to do with Aunrhya! Personally...I don't really ever want to be either." Xanthe explained as she shrugged her shoulders lightly. "In all of my travels and time travelling, I have avoided that place. It has never appealed to me to go there and some of the times I hear of it...it is never good."

Thinking for a moment she seemed to let her head fall to the side once more. "If this is to personal, please ignore it. But...Why did your talents cause such a ruckus with Aunrhya? What happened?" Xanthe thought to her own situation, something that caused a more serious edge to her expression. She honestly wanted nothing to do with that land...it was sort of nice to know someone else wanted nothing to do with that place...

Last edited:
A wine colored brow would loft when the creature in front of her spoke of it's knowledge, of it's worth, and even with every ounce of this information being tucked away in the back of her mind, she still wasn't too interested. The woman, though still quite noticeably watching the creature's every move from it's casual adjustments of garb to even the way it breathed...if one could call it that. Letting a sigh slip from plump lips, she curled back onto her box.

"That might be worth something to anyone else. To me, it's just words. You're worth nothing to me until you become a mark."

Her unorthodox eyes were cast out to the sea they sailed upon, skimming over the ripples as the boat cut through effortlessly. Gloved fingers drummed along the crate she was perched on indicating her boredom with the current conversation. She just wanted to get off the boat, and back to the familiar seclusion she so loved.​

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin and Willow_
He stared at her slightly shocked, due to her lack of interest before sighing "Oh, so that's what you are" he chuckled as he leaned back against the boat and crossed his arms "Your a hired thug, no wonder your so simple" he said slightly hurt due to the lack of interest. It was new to him, all the races no matter who it was from peasants to lords wanted to pick and prod at him but this one person wasn't even slightly interested? It irritated him greatly being ignored.

He tried to ignore these weird emotions as he thought of his situation. His main priority was to get to a blacksmith soon, his repairs wouldnt last long especially if any enemy's appeared, and who new what could happen on this boat with so many people on it. The fact he'd probaly sink if he fell into the ocean didn't help. He sighed, how long would this take?

"You seem to misunderstand....nonetheless it would be pointless explaining to you....not to mention highly frowned upon." She would let out a slight scoff, the drumming of her gloved fingers upon the wooden crate growing more aggressive as irritation began to rise. A hired thug...how offensive. She was far more complex than just some miscreant. Briefly her mismatched gaze fell upon this creature scanning his injuries, taking in the way he moved once more. It was far too clear he was hurt, and for all the wisdom he claimed he held within that 'head' of his. With how valuable he claimed to be, he did jack shit to keep it concealed that he was vulnerable right now.

Another scoff, and then the woman was on her feet, the robe of noir feather billowing out behind her as she kicked the toe of her left boot upon the deck of the ship tightening the boot more firmly. She then reached upward, and pulled back the hood from her head revealing a mess of wine colored hair, pale skin, and long pointed ears which may or may not have twitched as the sea breeze brushed against them. "Why are you on this boat?" she would suddenly question, mild disinterest in her naturally cynic tone. She'd peer over her shoulder at him, head tilting slightly though it was clear she still remained ever cautious. Her gaze on him though...everywhere else simultaneously.​

• Love
Reactions: Willow_ and Wolfsin
Jet titled his head up to look at this strange women, pointless to explain? What she thought he couldn't understand it? I mean he was supposedly an artificial intelligence made by basically gods but no he couldnt understand. This women was the worst, in his entire life no one had ever annoyed him so much,

He stared at her with his blank face which hid his true agitation, "Isn't it obvious enough why I'm on this ship?" He said wiggling the injured areas of his body trying to draw attention to them "I'd ask the same to you but I can only presume what your mission is" he stare at her suspiciously. "Where you there during the attack on the arena?" He said coldly

• Love
Reactions: Azzy
The assassin turned toward the creature, fair features blank even as fiery, mismatched eyes peered deep into him from their sockets. His odd, sharp movements, and loud creaking indicated his injuries which she'd already known about. He'd very plainly been patching them up next to her. That wasnt what she had meant, however. Oh well, no sense pushing it....she didnt much have the patience anyway. With a slight huff, she lifted one of those sleek, gloved hands and pinched the bridge of her pointed nose. Her head shook before her hand dropped, gaze then falling upon him once more, his question most intriguing.

"Attack?"

A simple answer, or rather, question. He didnt need to know if she were, or weren't there. Her lie masterfully smothered in a curious, unknowing tone. She blinked over at him, though her features now became most unreadable, a mask so practiced that even this creature would likely find it difficult to read if he could at all. "Suddenly so curious...." she would mutter, pointed ears wiggling as another breeze drifted by. "I saw the light from the docks. Brilliant...near blinding; even from that distance." her plump lips curved as she wove silk words. "Result of this attack you speak of? Must have been serious if it deserved the equivalent of what looked to be the smiting of Gods." an amused chuckle slipped from her then. She looked him up and down then nodded toward his injuries,"That the aftermath?"​

• Love
Reactions: Willow_
He stared at her, as usual his face unable to give away anything due to the lack of any features, except his mouth which was just a row of teeth which went from where his ears would be. He sighed it was true he didn't have really any other mission except repair himself however, that would need a smith of extraordinary skill. He'd probaly have to go back to the dwarves to get repaired as well as to give them the rundown, and the tell them of the loss of their goods. They would not be happy.

He smirked as she replied "'smiting of gods'" he quoted "how oddly specific, a coincidence maybe? I mean a thug like you couldn't possible hide the truth or maybe your something more refined than that?" He said still sitting down as the woman stood over him "or am i wrong?" He smirked, there was definitely something unsettling about this woman, so either she's bad news or I'm just over analysing her jet thought.

Kirtah idly drummed his fingers on the table, a smile brought to his face. "I'll 'ave t' show you once we reach port, I don't think the sailors would take too kindly to it. Especially not below deck." he remarked, hinting at the nature of his "talent." The sun tattoo on his left hand waved and danced as his fingers beat a steady gallop onto the wood. It was interrupted by a loud growl from his stomach. "Gods, is it taking them a long time to call for dinner or what? I feel like I'm starving. And I know what 'starving' feels like." he commented, looking at the cooks with a rather irritated expression.

"SOUP'S ON!" called a cook while ringing a bell, almost on cue. "'Bout damned time. Lass, didn't you walk outta the kitchens earlier? I'm thinking that's your cue to start dishing out that stew they've been teasing us with."

• Love
GM Post

~The Storm-weaver and the Red Serpent~

"Excuse me?" Hirin followed both women before him with a cautious gaze but made no movement to attempt and retaliate. he'd known from the very moment that he'd interfered that it would seal him the fate of a prisoner. Now the question was whether that was the right decision, and that had yet to be seen still. "I was witness of what you did to the others, not saying they didn't deserve it. But do I seem the sort of brave fool that wants that for himself? In fact I wasn't exactly fond of my companions, certainly not the company I prefer." Hirin found his eyes wandering again, but regained his control before it was a problem. "I am unarmed against a witch and well... Im not sure what to call you. Beautiful ladies regardless though I must say. So.... what now?" Hirin questioned and looked between the two ladies... only just in time for possibly the loudest crack of thunder any of them had ever heard.

The sound was believable as a roar from the sky itself. Shields of gods clashing against ancient metal resounded and shook the earth below. From the split in the sky a single light beamed down over the sea of whispers and the northern lands. The sky twisted and the clouds became a contorted mess for everyone in Aristara to witness. Then from the the split a dark fire rained down. Three spheres of celestial fire shot out from the sky and in the moment they crashed into the ground somewhere within Aristara the entire world shook, and then......

sssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

A wind swept through every kingdom and every valley and with it came a feeling of peaceful dread. Silence and then the air was still as lightning streaked like a web through the sky. Followed by a crash of thunder that could be heard throughout all the land.

Words cut short as the vessel on the great sea tipped almost completely. glass clashed against the wooden floor boards and the crew of the ship scrambled to the yell of their captain who barked orders. "Hold the mast. Keep it all steady we are in for it boys!" Chaos befell the ship but the crew was veteran to the sort of hell that befell the great seas and they showed their prowess now. "All hands! We need all of the help we can get!" The first mate shouted to anyone that could hear him against the crashing thunder above them. "get above deck and Start scoopin, or we are gonna sink!" With that he too ran up the stairs and joined his crew leaving behind several large buckets.

The sky above was relentless (For when you guys go above deck.) Darkness was almost nothing against the constant flash of lightning and the raging waters all around them. A beautiful day devastatingly ruined in the same day that angels had eclipsed the world. Every member of the ship worked desperately to keep up with the constant waves so that the ship would not be capsized to the weight of the hellish waters. They needed all the help that they could get.

Aunryha too was not spared by the wrath of unseen gods. The torches all at once went out and a collaborative lasp of breath only preceded the screaming nobles who panicked. Every window in the banquet hall shattered and the guards moved to block the highest of nobles. Gerant held his hand up and any glass that came towards his lord was instantly turned to dust around him.

Aurelia whom had already been making her rounds with the nobles ducked under one of the tables her ever preservative nature taking hold over her composure. While the scholar that she'd been talking to seemed less afraid than any of them. A true Scholar of fangiella could never accept a catastrophe of this level as something natural and so with the arcane spirits that encircled the hall now he couldn't help but find himself fascinated by the powerful storm. All that remained now was to survive this omen so that he might study its origin.

So it was the sky raged in a purely primal fury and the earth below suffered for its tantrums. A storm of the like no one had ever witnessed before now threatened to savage the land.... Especially the holy land.

Hirin felt at his aching ribs, now on the ground due to the force of the great cutting winds. He couldn't see against the dust, and the lightning but from the darkness a dim green light appeared... Hirin looked to the sky and against the green; a black eight legged monstrosity could barely be seen weaving lightning through the sky. Surrounding it...flying... was a Monster of Legends... a ruby scaled....

"Dragon."​

A crash. A boom. A roll. Flesh and bone and glass and tin on wood on water. Searing pain. Screams and shouts, not his own. Pain? Arm. Can't move it. Too loose, too long. Dislocated. Boat hit by storm, shoulder hit hull. Stand, rage. Fight. Battle the pain. Words? No, commands. Get bucket, move water off of ship. Ship will sink. No using absolutes, ship could sink. Fix my ar-RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH THAT HURT! Getting better. Can move arm. Don't fall, find bucket. Get topside. Battle the storm.

Fight.

Kirtah's mind was racing, his whole being thrown into discord as the ship was wracked by an unexpected monster storm. To avoid weighing himself down, he quickly stripped out of his cuirass and fur shirt, mail and plate and hide clattering to the floor, rolling away as the ship tossed. The pain from his re-located shoulder was feeling significantly better now. The cool, wet, salty air felt harsh and refreshing against his bare chest and back, muscles rippling and shivering to compensate. He grabbed a bucket that was being used by a crew member to clean earlier, dumping it's contents and rushing up the stairs to the deck. Frigid rain and hard wind pounded on him mercilessly. The crew was in complete disarray, everyone scrambling to dump the water rising up and pouring down onto the deck as the helmsman and another man tried to keep the vessel from toppling. The captain was shouting orders and men scrambled up the masts to draw up the sails, so the wind of the storm didn't catch them and rip the ship apart.

He considered using his gift to combat the water, but he figured the ship might burn. A sinking ship was bad enough, a burning sinking ship was a sealed fate. A crew member almost fell off, but Kirtah was able to grab the man by his forearm and yank him onto the deck. The bucket wasn't enough. He summoned all the rage he could muster, all the strength, and picked up a barrel rolling around nearby. He was glad it was already empty- whether it was that way before or if the tossing had emptied it was irrelevant. He used the open top to scoop large amounts of water in and dump it overboard. Some of the stronger crew and passengers took to the idea and joined him in using barrels instead of buckets.

It was helping, but they were nowhere near through with this battle...

Last edited:
The windows screamed with the sound of glass exploding- and the wind gusts passing through the now open panes. It was only a second before that a thunderous boom was heard outside. Panic ensued immediately, the long banquet hall filled with nobles, guards, and servants turned into a squealing herd of scurrying people. Stained glass danced across the ground, and around everyone.

Roderick- who was standing outside the banquet room door as even the glass here shattered into the long open hallway, spun around immediately and threw the door open. These cathedral-style buildings were all so strange to him- as the enormous stained glass windows proved to be weak points. He slammed his helmet over his head, and slid his visor up- and out of his face so when he began to yell orders at the guards inside, it wouldn't sound like he was shouting in a closed off barrel.

He marched into the long rectangular room with a swift pace, his left hand instinctively gripping the scabbard on his left hip, and his right hand pointed to the closest guard- "You!" Roderick shouted to the man who was jogging toward the center of the room to help the attendees. "Keep people away from the windows!" he continued marching as he spoke,and the guard acquiesced with a sharp nod, and hurried to the other side of the room. Roderick continued marching across the room, gesturing and guiding panicking nobles to the exit doors.

He looked to two guards that were assisting the fleeing nobles and barked to them, "Make sure they are being lead to central corridors and large rooms without too much ornamentation."

Despite how quickly Roderick's body and mind wanted to take control and make sure everything went off without a hitch, he realized he was starting to fear the outside, as well. He slowly walked toward the center of the room to get a better view of the outside. "...A storm?" he muttered to himself. He looked outside to the darkened skies- the thunderous booms, and lightning dancing in the ominous storm clouds before them. Something felt off.

"Sir Alar-" he said beneath his breath. "He may have seen something like this before..." He then shook his head to bring himself out of his daze- clearing his throat. He then began to march toward the other exit door, gesturing for the last few civilians to get out of the room. Marching toward the large ornate door, manned by three guards assisting the escape- he barked orders. "One of you find Sir Alar, he should be nearby."

The three guards looked to each other. "Sir Alar?" One responded-

"Yes, a Paladin. Can't miss him. He should be in one of the nearby rooms- ask Sir Garant if you can't find him. If you find him, tell him to meet me in the foyer."

He then passed through the doorway and headed toward the foyer. Walking through the long hallway with a very high arched ceiling, then downs a winding stairwell to a landing that had two staircases on the ends of the room that lead to the foyer. Scurrying down the stairs, he watched as two guardsmen were talking to a sergeant. "Sergeant, a word?" he asked, as he was trotting down the last few steps.

"Sir?" he asked, turning around quickly. The other two men stood by the door patiently.

"I need you to gather a patrol and send them around the main streets. Vagrants should report to local temples and abbeys- and citizens return to their homes if they are sturdy enough. It looks like a heavy storm is coming... We're not sure how long this will last... I'm going to be consulting with Sir Alar shortly, and we will send word to the garrison with any new information."

"Yes, sir."

"I don't think I need to say this. But. ...With haste, Sergeant."

• Love

Xanthe had gotten herself to her feet when the call of food was announced, a smile on her features at what she perceived was a so far peaceful journey. However, the tone of the once cheerful room was broken when the ship lurched and items smashed with the rocking of the ship against the water. Having just gotten to her feet she stumbled before falling completely with the shift of the ship. Despite her normal balance, the ship was thrown nearly to its side and Xanthe was left to tumble back with the furniture of the hall into the wall.

Out of instinct she twisted herself as she was sent flying, till she faced the wall she was thrown into to throw her arms out to catch herself. If she hadn't she surely would of hit her head while she was thrown about and if anything else fell was thrown into her... Pursing her lips as she hit the wall, she tried to stop herself from making a sound as a veil of platinum blonde settled around her, pale blue eyes fluttering open as pain erupted in her lower arms and legs, broken shards of glass having cut into her skin in a few places. Tables had been thrown into the wall around her, glasses shattered and the occasional barrel had broken into splinters all around...Only the call of the crew members snapped her out of her observations...

Peering over, silently, towards the crew as they gathered themselves to go to the deck, Xanthe found herself worrying for the safety of the other travellers on the ship. She inhaled sharply as she pulled herself to stand, albeit slowly, before moving her way over to the door with all intentions to help. Fingers hastily pulled at the smaller cloak around her shoulders, yanking open the golden clasp as she shoved it hastily into her bag that she had picked up. She did not want to be dragged down by anything unnecessary for now and so moved to unclasp her weaponry next to shove into her bag if it fit. Eventually finding one of the cabins for the travellers, she threw open the door almost violently.

She could hear the shouting of the crew as they worked on getting the water off the boat to avoid sinking but her eyes were focused upon the family that had settled in the room. A shuddering breath fell from her lips as she took note of everything. It was a mess as the table and chairs place in the room, between the beds, had broken themselves when they were thrown about. The child by first glance was safe but sobbing loudly while the father was trying to calm both the child and the wife who had a large gash across her leg from broken pieces. Heading over to the trio she fell to her knees by the woman and looked over the wound critically before looking to the ladies husband, studying him for a moment before pointing over towards the door. "You are fine, right?" She asked, almost shouting against the noise of outside before looking to the wife once more when she saw him nod. "Go outside and help the crew scoop out water. I will help your wife and child...Just go."

The man seemed to argue but Xanthe steeled her gaze and shot him a look before looking back to the lady. Xanthe settled a smile upon her features as she shuffled closer to the woman and sat her bag at her side with her sword. The woman seemed to not be well around blood and looked pale... A grumble tore itself from her throat before she looked to the child, a young girl. "Little one...Everything will be okay, alright?" She waited a moment but the girl still seemed shook. "I need you to be brave, okay..." "Marie..." "Okay Marie, I'll need you to open my bag and get out my canteen, okay?~" She cooed, getting a nod before turning to the woman's wound once more.

Xanthe's knowledge was average on this but she would use whatever she knew. Pursing her lips she reached over to one of the nearby sheets from the bed, drawing the knife from her thigh as she always left one, before cutting strips from the white material. Folding a few of the strips up she pressed it over the wound. "It's not that deep... But Ill bandage it up and try get someone to check it as well as soon as possible, Ma'am." Marie passed her over the canteen and Xanthe quickly uncapped it and grabbed more strips of sheets. Pulling away the bloodied rag she tried to remove some of the blood from around the wound to take a better look. "Okay...I'm going to keep telling you what I'm doing so focus on that...Or even better, focus on Marie here. Marie, you go talk to your mother or something..."

She reached her canteen over some of the strips she had cut up, Xanthe focused on cleaning the wound for a moment as she continued to chatter idly with the duo. Only when she thought the wound to be clean, as she had to brush away some of the wood splinters, did she grab the rest of the strips to wrap tightly around the cut to keep the pressure there. She eventually leaned back, pulling her gloves from her arms before shoving them also into her bag and looking back to Marie. "Right. Your mother will be okay but just keep chatting to her, alright?~" She instructed, getting herself to her feet. "I'm going to see if there is anyone else and if not go help get rid of some water. " Gathering her items once more she smiled at the girl. "It'll be alright..."

As she got to the door, Xanthe could make out the mother talking quietly to Marie and it brought a little comfort to her. She gripped the frame of the door as more pain shot down her arm, from her fingers to her elbow like lightening. A sharp hiss tugged itself from her lips as she reached over to her long sleeves and pulling them over her elbow. Some thin cuts littered her skin, as they did on the rest of her arms and legs, but large bruises were seeming to slowly creep into exist upon her pale skin from where she hit the wall. Xanthe dragged herself out of the cabin room and moved to the next. "First Haribut and now this..." She muttered under her breath before heading to the next room.

Luckily, not many people were on the ship and so Xanthe was able to locate a good amount of people and patch up whatever she could. Though by this point she had her own blood caking her skin and clothing and even some of others. With no more people to focus on, she was moving through the lower halls to reach the steps up to the deck to at least try and help get rid of some of the water. She had directed whoever she could, whoever was able to go up and help while she worked as she knew she'd possibly tire easily with this. It did not take her long to reach the deck and her eyes were left wide open at the sight painted before her. The waters were raging violently, the roars of the sea against the clash of thunder brought a dull ache to her skull as the lightening brought her attention to the vision of the boat and its workers hurry as it was illuminated in a ethereal flash. "Oh God..." She was only stunned for a moment before she headed over to help in the efforts to remove the water, grabbing at a nearby bucket to help the best she could.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Ulysses sat with the nobles his gaze fixed on the windows as he lifted his tome, his gaze had shifted to the tome studying it for anything that had resembled the storm that was terrifying the nobles into a stupor, their heads hidden under the tables as if that would help if the storm took down the building.

His free hand twirled a little out of habit which to the nobles stood out as a peculiar habit, in truth he had developed from restoring worn and destitute tomes. His mind wandered through the ideas of what might cause the storms strength was it summoned by a Mage such a small himself or was it the work of something more primal and powerful than man itself. The idea that a creature could cause this made him smile as such a creature would not have been studied in depth as there was no time he could recall that could control weather let alone cause such a dark omen such as this.

His staff resting on his shoulder as the sound of the thunder brought his attention back to reality, glancing over at the cowering nobles he felt envious that they could still feel fear over such trivial things his history robbed him of such fear and as such a part of himself had gone missing from the world.

GM Post

~The Storm-weaver and the Red Serpent~

"Excuse me?" Hirin followed both women before him with a cautious gaze but made no movement to attempt and retaliate. he'd known from the very moment that he'd interfered that it would seal him the fate of a prisoner. Now the question was whether that was the right decision, and that had yet to be seen still. "I was witness of what you did to the others, not saying they didn't deserve it. But do I seem the sort of brave fool that wants that for himself? In fact I wasn't exactly fond of my companions, certainly not the company I prefer." Hirin found his eyes wandering again, but regained his control before it was a problem. "I am unarmed against a witch and well... Im not sure what to call you. Beautiful ladies regardless though I must say. So.... what now?" Hirin questioned and looked between the two ladies... only just in time for possibly the loudest crack of thunder any of them had ever heard.

The sound was believable as a roar from the sky itself. Shields of gods clashing against ancient metal resounded and shook the earth below. From the split in the sky a single light beamed down over the sea of whispers and the northern lands. The sky twisted and the clouds became a contorted mess for everyone in Aristara to witness. Then from the the split a dark fire rained down. Three spheres of celestial fire shot out from the sky and in the moment they crashed into the ground somewhere within Aristara the entire world shook, and then......

sssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH

A wind swept through every kingdom and every valley and with it came a feeling of peaceful dread. Silence and then the air was still as lightning streaked like a web through the sky. Followed by a crash of thunder that could be heard throughout all the land.

Words cut short as the vessel on the great sea tipped almost completely. glass clashed against the wooden floor boards and the crew of the ship scrambled to the yell of their captain who barked orders. "Hold the mast. Keep it all steady we are in for it boys!" Chaos befell the ship but the crew was veteran to the sort of hell that befell the great seas and they showed their prowess now. "All hands! We need all of the help we can get!" The first mate shouted to anyone that could hear him against the crashing thunder above them. "get above deck and Start scoopin, or we are gonna sink!" With that he too ran up the stairs and joined his crew leaving behind several large buckets.

The sky above was relentless (For when you guys go above deck.) Darkness was almost nothing against the constant flash of lightning and the raging waters all around them. A beautiful day devastatingly ruined in the same day that angels had eclipsed the world. Every member of the ship worked desperately to keep up with the constant waves so that the ship would not be capsized to the weight of the hellish waters. They needed all the help that they could get.

Aunryha too was not spared by the wrath of unseen gods. The torches all at once went out and a collaborative lasp of breath only preceded the screaming nobles who panicked. Every window in the banquet hall shattered and the guards moved to block the highest of nobles. Gerant held his hand up and any glass that came towards his lord was instantly turned to dust around him.

Aurelia whom had already been making her rounds with the nobles ducked under one of the tables her ever preservative nature taking hold over her composure. While the scholar that she'd been talking to seemed less afraid than any of them. A true Scholar of fangiella could never accept a catastrophe of this level as something natural and so with the arcane spirits that encircled the hall now he couldn't help but find himself fascinated by the powerful storm. All that remained now was to survive this omen so that he might study its origin.

So it was the sky raged in a purely primal fury and the earth below suffered for its tantrums. A storm of the like no one had ever witnessed before now threatened to savage the land.... Especially the holy land.

Hirin felt at his aching ribs, now on the ground due to the force of the great cutting winds. He couldn't see against the dust, and the lightning but from the darkness a dim green light appeared... Hirin looked to the sky and against the green; a black eight legged monstrosity could barely be seen weaving lightning through the sky. Surrounding it...flying... was a Monster of Legends... a ruby scaled....

"Dragon."​

Sehrana Mirri

The young witch wasn't sure how to feel about the man. He seemed sincere, and more importantly, seemed fully aware of how futile trying to kill them would be at this point. He was unarmed, but still, just what was his plan? Sehrana lowered her spear, pondering what to do with him. If he meant them no harm, then surely, could just let him go. When he spoke again, she simply sighed outwardly, putting the spear in her quiver.

"I do not believe you are fool enough to walk into a lion's den with no weapons, but, your motives for approaching us are unclear."

Of course, he continued speaking, referring to them as beautiful, which only prompted Sehrana to roll her eyes and take a step towards him. She was going to speak again, but that sound, the crack of thunder louder than any she'd ever heard, and the screech that reminded her of horror stories her former master had told her of, screamed into her ears. The winds were indescribably fierce, throwing the young woman hard to the ground. She rolled, immediately moving into a predatory crouch as she looked up at the seemingly broken sky.

The wind raged, throwing her hair about as her eyes focused on the strange sight above her. The man's voice managed to catch her ear, barely above a whisper just as the figure came into view. Her amber eyes would seem to diminish in their beautiful color, widening in nothing short of shock and horror. Her jaw slowly opened, her fists reflexively flexing as her nails extended into claws. The sound was deafening, almost. The closest was when she'd heard Ursine roar once in the mountains, but compared to this, it was barely a whisper.

"N-no...it's not possible...Ursine protect me..."

The words barely manages to escape her lips, fists clenching tightly enough for the claws to draw blood. If she didn't know any better, her eyes were watering like they had the day she discovered her master was gone. Why was this happening? Just like he had said all those years ago, and in the weeks leading up to his disappearance. Something was coming, and his time was running out. He was terrified. What could be so terrible, she had wondered, that it could frighten even the Great Bear? Well, now she knew, though, she wished she hadn't.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.