Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman sat upon the crates, her gaze locked upon the rocking waters over the edge of the boat. Reclining back against one of them, long legs crossed and it would seem she began to relax, settling in for the ride. Her seemingly calming demeanor was instantly shattered when the large, metal man approached sitting beside her and setting about repairing himself. Her fingers twitching towards the hilts of her daggers, a puff of breath passing naked lips

"You've a brain in that tin head of yours, yes?"

she would question at that point, her tone dry, mix matched gaze narrowing over at him. She peered over at him from beneath that feathered hood, almost expectant of an answer from him.​

• Love
Reactions: Willow_
Jet continued work as he tried to stop the black mist pouring out of his wounds so obviously. His body had already started creating a thin sheet of metal over his wounds however, it was weak and could only take a few blows unlike his normal armour it also wouldn't be finished for a few days, he needed a smith to fix him properly.

He tilted his head as the girl next to him talked to him suddenly "I don't know if I have a brain, the anatomy of my species is a secret even to us" Jet replied seriously as he rapped his wounds with ripped peices of his clothes covering his left shoulder and side injury holes. "I am also composed of many high quality metals, tin would not be sufficient to build or repair me." He sighed as he finished patching himself up "Just to warn you even with my wounds you can't damage me, especially with those little toys...." He said as he turned to face her.

Thunk.

"Ha! Gotcha again, waterdog. C'mon, keep arm wrestling me. That's what, six o' ye I've beaten now? And you twice! At this rate, I'll make back every bit of coin in bets that I gave the captain for me to get aboard!" a rowdy man sitting at a table in the ship's galley jeered boastfully. His taunts were accompanied by the raucous laughter of himself and the small group of sailors gathered around him. The sailor he had just beaten in contest slid a silver coin across the table and walked off, head drooping. Slowly, the rest of the group followed to return to their duties before the captain gave them a harsh time about it.

The victor chugged the rest of his tankard of ale as the men walked off, and slumped in his seat with a grin of both satisfaction and amusement. He heard a faint groan in one of the corners of the room, and looked over to see a woman in a rather expensive looking dress staring at the ceiling in distress. He felt he should go and try to help the poor girl- but he also fretted he would be more of a burden than a help by approaching her. Most people preferred to keep their ills to themselves, he had found.

Above him and below him, thunderous stomps and commanding shouts resounded throughout the ship. The briny stench of crashing waves stung his nose as the ship tossed, interrupting the tantalizing aroma of the cooking stew a few yards away. He had been craving that stew since they started making it. He needed to keep himself occupied until it was served, however, else he might be liable to sneak in and serve himself a bowl.

With a shrug and a devil-may-care smirk, he slid his empty mug to the middle of the table and approached the woman. He plunked down beside the black-and-red clad woman with a woeful look on her face. "A copper for your thoughts, lass?" he invited, rolling a small copper coin he had won in the arm wrestling competitions across his knuckles. "I hate t' see such a pretty face with such a mournful look on it."

@Robin man

it was in desperate struggle that the elves swung their steel. After all they were simply rangers, hardly anything of consequence and this.... this situation... This man he was a Deathless. Only terrors, horrible stories had ever come to them in their lives within the great forest. "Kill him already! he isn't going to go easily!" The farthest back of them screamed out as he readied his spear once more and took up a frightened stance. The elf that was closest continued to batter down against him... and only when this monsterous... undead rose his mighty cleaver to deflect his blow did the elf.. finally drop arms and take off for the forest... Unfortunately he didn't get far either...

"Sssssnng!"

A sharp whistle buzzed through the air, followed by a second one and then almost simultaneously two arrows planted into the side of the young elves head. A third whistle disrupted the peace of his death gargling and all that remained was the rapid pace of the final elf whom was rushing off into the forest.

From the trees a man drawn in tattered cloaks appeared and in his right hand he clasped a intricately designed longbow. It appeared elven made but the man by his stature alone was certainly not elf. His voice was filled of rasp, and the age and wisdom of a hunter who held many trophies; and yet he spoke without fear to the deathless face before him. "Were you going to just sit there and keep letting them hit you? I waited a while but after it seemed like you were going to sit there and die... I decided I didn't feel like weighing that in my mind over dinner...." The man didn't reveal his face, but from under the cloak it was easy to see a rough blonde beard, and the veins in the mans neck popped similarly to the muscles in his haughty arms. "Where you traveling to... dead man?"

@DoomyCakez

Even with the soft words of Errol spoken, there was still a solemn vow of silence that lingered over their camp. Gerath was the only one to keep his eyes trained on her, and the rest strayed their vision to the earth below. Geraths haughty sound protruding through the peace as he slid her some dry cooked meat in a bowl. "Eat. If you are not hungry then you are not a hunter. We need hunters here if we are to return to our forests. Lyra will ask many things of you that you will not like, if eating when you are not hungry is too difficult then I fear in seeing you forever at her side." He was a very blunt man. Commanding, large. His muscles bulged without effort and his voice was bass.

Gerath followed his statement taking a bite of his own nightly meal as he watched Errol carefully. Thanks was a bittersweet thing to acknowledge for them even now. "It was my choice. Lyra has missed you even though she would not say as much." Gerath grunted before looking back at the other lycans around the campfire. They were still quiet as stones as if they expected that somehow the next few unspoken words might save them from a fate that they knew was inescapable.

The bravest of them finally realized differently. "You will talk to her right?" A lycan named Haruk looked to Errol and his eyes were of a pleading nature. Like a whipped pup he begged... "You are close to Lyra so maybe if you explain things... then she will....."

"Silence!"

Gerath commanded as he growled towards his brother and grasped him by his throat. "I will not sit here at fire, and eat with a sniveling dog! We knew well the consequences that came with this task!" Even though he said it... Gerath still had not taken in the reality of the situation either.... He was just better at pretending. "No more talk of this... you will leave Lyra's first alone. We will discuss our tactic to get over that damned bridge crawling with Paladin scum... That is all." Gerath then turned back to Errol, having released Haruk and he took his seat again. "Did you learn anything in your captivity? I doubt they allow you to learn much in their cages but anything about these damn humans might be helpful for the task we hope to accomplish..."

@Wizzy The Wizard

"Make sure the table is set.... the masters will not be pleased if they come to this convening and have no wine."

The servants scrambled to set the tables in dark crimson red linen... clothes and delicate tableware. The motivation in the crack of a whip could not be replaced in kindness. It was an elf that directed them. Solris... was a Guardian to the powerful host of the covenant meet. Shroud in the blackest of armor, bones from demons protruded through the intricacies of darkened plate metal. His black hair pulled back into a long and well groomed tail of sorts that fell below his waist.

chairs of dark-wood were set all around the rectangular fixture, and the halls were set with venomous purple and crimson rugs that lined the perfectly. It was rare that the Temple of Necrosis was ever this well decorated, but for all of the Grand witches to come to one place... well surely this was the time to show off.

The haunting winnie of a ghostly steed echoed through the open corridor and all agents of the web took place in their allined placed through out the main hall. They remained crouched, kneeling with their head lowered and eyes shut as they would not allow themselves the honor of looking upon the masters as they come. At the back end of the Hall the two guardians that reside with the hosted master, kneel but their eyes were fixed on the archway that lead into the temple.

Silence followed and then in ornate and dark gowns the first of the guests appeared. At her sides were the two chosen guardians of the witch of the thorn..... Izala. And of course with the loud roar of ... something... alike to a dragon... the next to appear was the beautiful temptress of the Frozen Hells.... Silisra. The two of them joined hands and started down the corridor just as the guardians who await them rose up slowly and bowed their heads. From behind them.. foot steps echoed the blackened stone floors as the third Grand witch come to meet his sisters.

The Guardians spoke in unison as the took wing to either side of the open corridor. "Your host this evening... beloved of Necrosis... we offer you refuge and reunion. This the will of our master.. Grand witch Kaathe."

Reactions: Wizzy The Wizard
✿ Xanthe Liliana Selwyn ✿
x29t2q.jpg

@Thomas McTavish

Xanthe soon was told to go wait for food when Asdan found little more for her to do to help, though she had made sure of this by spending a few minutes standing by before relenting and leaving. A small pout played on her lips as she grabbed her stuff and left, a sense of boredom overcoming her as she headed over to the eating area. A few steps inside she had located a table and quickly headed over, tossing her bags by her feet before folding her arm upon the wooden surface, letting her head rest on her arms with a small huff. There was so little to do and she much preferred to be active than left to her own thoughts.

She soon ended up glancing at the ceiling, fingers drumming against the table one by one. "...Right...Yep...definitely bored..." Was her muffled mumble as she let her arms slip from her their spot so her head hit the table with a small thud. "Much prefer travelling by land..." Though she had to take a boat to reach Barigot...which caused her to grumble once again at the situation, internally cursing at nothing in particular. Her eyes soon drifted close as her thoughts began to swarm till soon enough she was consumed by them, her focus unwavering from her current internal debate on her current actions. Currently she was at a point believing it was a stupid one...

"A copper for your thoughts, lass?"

The voice broke her out of her trance like state as blue orbs snapped open with caution briefly dancing through their depths, her back quickly straightening up as she spun her head around to look over towards her side where someone now sat. Xanthe was briefly forced to brush some of the platinum strands from her face as her movement caused them to settle over her shoulders, strands flickering in the corner of her gaze. Xanthe quickly settled though and a smile painted itself upon her features as she propped her arms back up upon the table.

Xanthe propped her head up on her hand as she hummed under her breath, only pausing to chuckle softly. "Just thinking that I am pretty much bored on this ship without anything to do...I was helping with the food but they don't need much more help back there so I was kicked out." She grumbled, once again seeming to sulk at her lack of things to do. She quickly brightened up though, smiling once again. "Though now you appeared I'm not stuck by myself." Shifting on her seat she turned slightly to face him, holding out her hand. " I go by Lily, what about you?" She didn't even hesitate when giving one of the few names she used. Xanthe cocked her head, curiosity reflected in her expression as her grin grew. "So where are you heading exactly?"

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
Ansgar Staudinger

Page-break-12.png

It had been quite the trip before the sight of Haribut's destruction had caused a change in plans, however, Ansgar was nonplussed by the fact that his original destination, according to the Order's hints, had been wiped off the face of any new maps that might be made in the following years. Rather unfortunate really, all things considered, seeing how other places might have acted or run was always interesting. Usually, far better than some places he might be able to imagine from his memories. Ahh, but what good were memories to a faceless order? None at all, the man thought with a rare smile, walking easily about the ship, doing rounds idly to stave off boredom. The cooks were overmanned, from what he could understand, which was a rarity, and he was not some swashbuckling, strapping young lad that had the gumption to go swinging about the main mast, hang from the crow's nest, all that nautical nonsense. He rarely sailed the seas, beyond necessary transport between places after his swearing of oaths, and much preferred to walk. Far more reliable, his own two feet, than the sails on a ship like this. He was also taking stock of the crew during what would merely look like the restless wanderings of a man ill at ease when at sea. All the more useful, really, having someone underestimate you.

Not many people had jumped out at Ansgar in his rounds, a few, but not many. A Sentinel had caught his ear as he wandered by, catching mentions of construction of high quality metals. They were a source of curiosity for the man, mostly due to their reaction to how his flames struck. Or, rather, the lack of contact. He had yet to get his hands on a dead Sentinel to investigate further. They were rare, and did not die easily. Hell, complete obliteration was the only method he was aware of, and that left nothing to investigate. A rather puzzling conundrum, to be sure, but one that was not at the fore of his thoughts. Rather, his mind drifted over others of note. The boisterous cries of a man victorious in contests of strength, making his coin back from the crew providing the service his fare paid for. Simple, but clever, if that had been the plan beyond simply entertainment. He was no strong arm, so he did not entertain the thought of giving the man a go. No, he found himself a table to sit at, corner table that overlooked the room, and settled in.

Conversation between a platinum blonde lass, and the same man with great mirth, if that shouting had been anything to go by, was the most catching thing. Well, that and the smell of a stew that would likely be tantilizing to the hungry now, but by journey's end, he imagined, most folks would be rather tired of it. So, why not join the two and see what he might learn? After all, a great many refugees had fled to the ocean's waves in fear of the reprecussions of the destruction of Haribut, and they might be more wise to what happened than he. Rising up, he casually walked over, pulling a chair over should there not be one available, pausing before seating himself, dependent on a question answered. He spoke with a calm, genteel manner that invited a sense of ease from the unaware or those not readily guarding themselves. He hardly meant any trouble, and it helped to sound like it as well. "Good day to both of you, might it not be too bothersome to allow a fellow half blind a seat at the same table? It grows rather boring to be seated at a table by one's self, after all."

@Thomas McTavish @Aka~Kitsune

@Aka~Kitsune @Rax Rosetta

The man gently took her hand before lowering his head to kiss her knuckles. "Kirtah Junir. I'm headed... north. No destination in particular, really. I'm a wanderer, ye see. Prefer to live under an open sky, rather than another man's heel." he explained, unashamed to be counted among the ranks of lone nomads and vagabond that rarely settled in a place for too long. Often, men in his position would try their best to hide this fact, as those without homes are often looked down upon as poor or exiled.

"I must say, tha' dress yer wearin' doesn't seem befitting of one of my ilk. Headed to one of the northern cities, then?" reasoned the traveler. As he ended the question, a second man approached. Probably a poor fellow unsettled by sea and bored out of his mind. He looked such that if he caused trouble he likely wouldn't be trouble for very long, if Kirtah got a say in it.

"I've no mind of it, Stranger, but I can't speak for the lass here." he welcomed, seeing no harm in the man joining the conversation. It was only well for them to be friendly towards the people they would be spending the next while with until they hit land. Enemies and sea voyages mixed just as well as fire and ships. "What brings ye aboard?"

Kaathe Klujhar
@Wolfsin
Kaathe entered the corridor with a rather wide grin on his face, he was genuinely pleased with the meet up it seemed, anything involving other followers of necrosis meeting up seemed like a great idea to him. His footsteps echoed as he walked down the corridor, looking around at the decoration and it's details. He waited for the guests to sit down around him before he would proceed to the head of the table, he however stopped before reaching his destination at the sight of a rather nervous lad, a fidgety young servant who coughed a couple of times, which was what caught Kaathe's attention. He turned to him and kept the wide toothy grin on his face as he immediately closed the distance between them, he stared him in the eyes for a few seconds, dead silent, you couldn't even hear breathing. Before anybody could react he put both his left hand on his cheek then gave him a rather loud sounding slap on the other. He then repeatedly smacked and punched him, about 7 hits later he stopped and screamed into his ear.

"HOW INSOLENT!"

"Why are you uneasy in the most tranquil of places boy!? The house of necrosis is the safest place you could be at! What are your doubts, what are your worries? Allow me to rid your mind of them." he said

He grabs the boy's forehead with his palm and brings him down to his knees forcibly at this point the boy is frozen with fear, pale and sweating. Kaathe smacks the boys head against the wall with extreme force and then closes in to say.

"My what a lovely face you have there."

Kaathe proceeds to kneel down and chop off 4 of the boys fingers 2 on each hand, when the boy screams and cries out in agony, Kaathe covers his mouth with his hands and says.

"Far too dramatic! Think of the guests around you! You wish to continue to disrespect this home!? You have shown me your true colors indeed child."

Suddenly a dark shadow covers the boys face for a second and he passes out after it dissipates, the limp body of the servant showing no resistance, a spurt of blood shooting from his mouth as Kaathe pulls out the boys severed tongue. With a little chuckle he dangles it over the boys body before gently putting the severed tongue back in the boys' mouth. He puts it in the tip of the tongue first and laughs, he looks to the guardians and says.

"Look! He's eating his tongue!"

He stops laughing abruptly after 1 minute of straight laughter and says to his guardian

"Take him to my ritual site. He was a faulty decoration."

He turns to the company with once again a bright smile, looking genuinely happy at his dinner party, the guests remained calm for the most part as Kaathe's behavior was known to sometimes be sporadic. But due to his incredible amount of contribution and boost of power he brought the covenant, they were not much of a concern to the leaders. He walked along the table, his hands bloody, as he walked along he touched the guests shoulders and whispered them greetings, leaving a small hand print of blood on each. Although the sullying of the guests outfit did not concern him very much.

He finally reached the end of the table and smiled as he looked at his sister grand witches and the rest of his guests.

"Welcome! To a dinner prepared in the name of our Father, and dedicated to the progression of our lovely home!"

He grabbed a cup of wine and sipped some as he sat down, he then raised his cup once again as if signifying a toast.

"For Necrosis and the success of the Spinner's, we shall enjoy this feast and then discuss what we shall do next! This shall be a table filled with not just food, but revolutionary plans on taking over the Holy land!" he announced

He then sat and simply waited.

Last edited:
x29t2q.jpg

@Thomas McTavish @Rax Rosetta

Xanthe had been stunned for a moment when he kissed her knuckles, only to brush away her shock within seconds. Her smile returned quickly as seemed to become quite enthusiastic quickly. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Kirtah Junir." She replied, her tone polite and soft, a remembrance of her time as nobility in Barigot. "A wanderer huh?" Xanthe seemed, in that moment, to have perked up considerably as she leaned forwards, grin wide as curiosity remained seated within the twinkle in her gaze. "You must have seen quite a lot then while travelling! Interesting people and places...~" She cooed gently, propping her elbow once again up on the table as she settled her chin into her palm. "Do you enjoy it?."

When Kirtah brought up her attire she paused once more, glancing down to the red and black dress she simply shrugged her shoulders gently, her shock having gotten her to sit up properly. "This clothing is just easy for me to move in...to fight If I absolutely have to..." Idly, she played with the hem of her red sleeve, tilting her head slightly. "I'm just travelling around... I plan to go visit some of the bigger cities for a while, maybe a few smaller places throughout." Xanthe explained, though it was not exactly the truth as she had her eyes set on Barigot of all places. Though she still argued with herself on this... "No place definite yet..."

She had been brought out of her thoughts of her travels when a seat was pulled out, the noise snatching her attention as a blue gaze left Kirtah to look over at the new comer. As always, a bright smile painted her features as she shook her head. "I do not mind." She replied almost instantly. "One should not have to sit alone. I'm Lily, nice to meet you, Stranger." She greeted happily, a large grin still in place as she looked over to Kirtah when he asked his question, then back to the newcomer in mild curiosity of his reason to be aboard this ship.​

Reactions: Wizzy The Wizard
Ansgar Staudinger

Page-break-12.png

Much to Ansgar's relief, the two seemed more than welcoming of the half blind man's request to join the two of them at the table, the platinum blonde calling herself Lily mentioning how one should not have to sit alone. A nice ideal, to be certain, and he inclined his head with a faint smile, taking a seat at the table, apparently relieved to be off his feet now that they were well and truly under way at sea. The world's a stage indeed, he thought with a mental smile. Resting himself at the table, he decided introductions were indeed in order. After all, his newfound companions were introducing themselves as well. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, fair Lily. Friends call me Ans, tis certainly a pleasure."

They had asked after why he was here, at least the strong arm fellow had and Lily seemed interested in what he had to say as well. Well, he thought, might as well enjoy spinning a wee bit of a tale, as some might put it. Sitting back and steepling his hands, he shrugged in a half absent minded manner, presenting himself as not all there, before continuing to speak. Besides, half truths were easier than outright lies. "Well, I am a traveling scholar of sorts, been looking for hints at what we've forgotten. I was on my way to Haribut, on a lead, but alas, she suffered quite the catastrophe from what I understand. I was, luckily, not actually there. So here I am, wandering once again, seeing what I might find abroad."

Ansgar smiled warmly at the two of them as he sat at the table, leaning idly against it. His equipment was concealed or would have likely brought questions that would have made for interesting answers, to put it mildly. And the half truths made far easier a story than if he had come up with blatant lies on the spot. He remained relaxed as he had spoken and rested at their table, more at ease to the casual glance than he had been before, as he continued to talk, the soft tones contrasting his rather rough and tumble appearance. "That is the short version of my humble, uneventful story. How about the two of you, if I might be so bold as to ask. What brings you out to the curious seas between lands?"

@Thomas McTavish Aka~Kitsune

@Wizzy The Wizard

"My my what an interesting display of power and cruelty, one might think it were staged to moisten my loins dear Kaathe."

It was Silisra that spoke first with cold almost icy blue lips topped against the glass of her wine. The tip chilled with just the touch. White hair with fractals of frozen mist fell down her back in an elegant knot. Her eyes were a frozen blue, almost lifeless, but the seductive twist of her smile said plenty for the woman's coy and playful persona. "Were he mine I would make him a slave to his desires... but ... alas the poor soul will be subject to your rituals instead.. pity." A whimsical laugh passed through her cold lips and Silisra raised her glass to toast.

Next it was Izala of the Thorn that spoke up. Her voice was deeper, more controlling and synced with missionary impulse. She was the eldest of the trinity, and rarely did she say much to stop the other two from talking so informally. "Yes Silisra you would have fucked the boy and let him feast upon you until he was frozen from the inside out. We are not new to your ways... and certainly we are not eager to hear you repeat your fetishes either." The two women stared angrily at each other for a moment but ultimately Silisra smirked and sipped once more at her wine.

Izala then turned to face Kaathe, the Master of the meet this eve. "We are thankful that you would have us Brother. By Necrosis let our meal be seen and blessed. And as you said.. a toast." Izala also raised her glass then touching its tip to those of her companions and their powerful guardians. Izala settled in once more and took first bite of the meal had been prepared for them.

Silence passed for a while, no one willing to disturb the peace of their Lord as he watched them devour the flesh of man on platters made of gold. This was a ritual all its own, as the Dark father thought less of the mortality of man... and only in undeath could one find them-self close enough to feel the fathers touch.

The meal finished and bones lay in tatters at the table. The two ladies wiped the remnants from their near flawless faces and as if on Que, the servants came and wiped away the tables leavings leaving it bare to a carved indented map that glowed of all of Aristara. Izala got up from her seat and pointed to the largest becon of light on the map. The capital of Aunryha, the Holy City. "Here believers of a false god waltz around in their fancy and stare down at us from their complex towers..... As you said Kaathe, this meeting is to discuss the victory of the spinners,... and our next step.. and so.. I open the floor to you beloved brother. You may begin this covenant."

The assassin watched the metal shell intently, curiosity briefly flashing in her dual toned gaze. Instinctively, her gloved fingers twitched toward the handle of her sheathed dagger, however she would never make a move to draw them. Not here. Not now. Not for a lack of profit. The woman would let out a scoff, her hands instead reaching up to draw back the hood, the shadow cast over her pale visage now dissipating to reveal oddly beautiful features. Her long, pointed ears would twitch a bit as she tilted her head over at the....thing beside her, his words causing usually stoic features to flicker with amusement.

"You think I would try to harm you? You are wrong, there is no benefit of doing so. Though, I can assure you, metal shell or not....If I wanted to hurt you, I would find a way."

Her tone was laced with amusement, though it quickly faded away, and the curve of her lips followed suit falling into a tight line causing the pale flesh to pale even more.​

• Love
"Well met, Ans." greeted the grizzled man cheerfully. "Me own name's Kirtah. I'm headed to the northern coast, at the edge of the land. Not been there fer a while, figured I may as well. I'm a Wanderer, y'see. Wandering the land, testing my mettle against whatever dares to test its own against me, and living however I can." he explained again, with far more pride than many others of his preferred lifestyle would, what with most of them being dishonorable outlaws, dishonored outcasts, beastly marauders and marauding beasts. The title of Wanderer was not one often taken with joy. He snapped his fingers a few times, and one of the sailors who he had beat in contest earlier brought him an ale.

"Certainly not as noble a life as yers, Scholar, but some'ne 'as to create the tales you lot write down in books, eh?" he bantered, swigging the ale. "Lily, ye said ye'r travelling 'swell, aye? Have any place in particular in mind, or d'ye not much care to say?" inquired the man kindly, peering at her over the mug as he took another swig.

• Love
x29t2q.jpg

@Rax Rosetta @Thomas McTavish

As usual for the platinum blonde, she watched and listened with attentive intrigue as Ans told his tale of sorts. She was forever the type to adore the chatter and company of others and their stories. A gentle but excited grin had found its way onto her expression as she propped her elbow up on the table, resting her cheek in her hand as she tapped away at her upper cheek, tapping against the painted but thin three lines from the corner of her eye. "A scholar?~" She had cooed upon him finishing. "Does that mean you can tell us some interesting stories? Of what you have learnt?" Xanthe had asked politely, a brow raised in curiosity before her attention was drawn to Kirtah.

Once again she listened with equally attentive curiosity to Kirtah, watching as a sailor placed an ale before him, something that once again left her curious...but to why. "You must have some exciting stories as well then, Kirtah. With your travels as well..." A gentle hum escaped pursed pink lips before she tilted her head further into her hand, leaving her musings to look between them both as she was addressed. "Ah..." For a moment she appeared to be in deep thought before shrugging her shoulders softly. "I have yet to make any definite plans except to travel around. " There was a small pause before she continued. "I want to visit Barigot once more during my travels but right now...There is nothing planned to my travels." Xanthe finished, hiding the small guilt she felt at her lies, even if they were not complete ones.

After a moment she pulled herself up to sit properly, regaining her posture as she looked between them both. "So...Has either of you got an exciting tale you have gained during your own travels?" Xanthe's tone softened considerably. "I cannot say I have done or been apart of anything to amazing. I simply visit a new town or place for a while then leave, occasionally picking up on news and secrets here and there. People seem to be quite talkative towards me when I visit..." She chuckled softly, thinking over to her ability for a moment as it was more like they were unable to hide it from her when they were unable to lie. "Though a scholar and a wanderer...You both must have exciting lives and stories of your travels."

@Azzy

Jet sat up properly as he finished his make do repairs before turning to face the oblivious girl. "No benefits?" He sneered showing some sort of emotion "My body alone is worth more you could make in your life, the mere secrets I hold could make you richer and more powerful than anyone, knowledge? Ancient ruins? Lost magic? Techniques of all races? I could tell you all of it" he said calming down before tapping his head instinctively "or none of it" he questioned.

He sighed, as he wrapped his dusty rags round his metal body as he tried to access his memory's, what was wrong with him?

images

Sehrana Mirri

The breeze was cool, the sun warm, and the grass soft. Another beautiful day in the countryside, that Sehrana herself would never let it pass her up. The meadow had tall grass that was great for hiding or hunting, whichever was more important at the time, and the sporadic trees made for excellent shady spots in which to lie. In fact, beneath one of the trees was lying a pair of lions, more specifically, a pair of lionesses. One has her head down, with the others head lying atop of her's. The first, and smaller one, was resting peacefully, a blissful rumbling sound emanating from her form, while the other adjusted slightly to the shift in the breeze, bringing about a new scent. Her head rose, ears rising up to scan for sounds as well, catching a gentle crush of grass being tread upon. It was a little difficult to make out from the distance, but, her eyes spotted movement in the grass about a dozen meters away. A human, armed with a sword, followed by a few others, one of which was walking strangely, like they were being dragged.

The lioness rose, licking her lips and stretching out her front legs as her maw opened wide in a big yawn. The other lioness simply shifted slightly, continuing to doze peacefully. Padded paws slowly touched the grass silently as the lioness crept toward the group, low in a pouncing stance as she crept closer see what was going on. She could now see there were three men and one woman. The woman was battered, dirty, and smelled of blood and filth. She was dressed in rags and chained up, being dragged by the men, all of whom were armed with swords. The beast's claws extended slightly, digging into the ground. Something about this situation burned her inside, a sense of rage growing within her. A sent she had managed to pick up. The way they all somehow smelled like her...

Shortly after they passed, she crept a bit further, now ready to pounce at the edge of a patch of tall grass. The men were cursing at the woman, whom had nearly fallen over while they dragged her along. The girl finally collapsed, tears flowing from her eyes as one of the men began to laugh, the others joining in shortly after. Now was the time. In an instant, the lioness shot from the brush, slamming into one of the men. The beast's full weight brought him downt to the ground in a painful thud. He went to scream, but wasn't fast enough. The lioness clamped her jaws down around the man's throat, biting down before ripping her had back to tear out his throat. The scream devolved into an awful gurgling noise as she spit out the chunk of flesh, blood gushing from his fatal wound. The girl screamed and the men backed off, drawing their blades.

"What the devil is going on?!" One of the men shouted, looking at the beast as she climbed off the dying man, looking at them with her lips curling and fangs bared.

"A lion?! Why is the blasted creature attacking us?!" Another shouted in confusion, watching her wearily as he glanced at his dying comrade.

"I don't know! Damned things never attack groups." This final man seemed far more composed. Not surprising, since he was the largest. One of the men backed up a few feet, fear evident in his face. They were used to fighting men, not animals. Blades, not claws and fangs. The lioness watched them, waiting for any sign of weakness. After a few seconds, one looked back to his ally as he gasped his last. An opening. The lioness again dashed forward, too quickly for him to react as pounced him, raking her claws down his chest in a vicious vertical arc. Her claws ripped right through leather armor and flesh, blood steaming through the gouges in his armor as he clutched his chest, falling backward with a pained scream. The remaining man cursed and backed up, before regaining his composure and moving forward to take a swing at her, hitting nothing but air as the lioness ducked under the swing. She moved around him in a semi-circle, backing off as she growled at him, remaining in a low stance.

During the commotion the young woman had begun to try crawling away, her cries still sounding out. The remaining man growled as he looked over at her. "Where are you going, bitch?!"

She cried out again at his words. By the time the fool's gaze returned to the lioness, she was already gone, having moved around him in the opposite direction, circling around his back. "What the..." His words caught as the truth struck him, turning just in time for the beast to pounce again, catching his face in her jaws as her weight slammed him into the ground like his now dead comrade. He screamed out as her jaws closed, a loud crunch resulting from the crushed skull. Torrents of blood poured onto the grass, turning the yellow-green meadow into a crimson wasteland. The lioness spit the chunks of flesh and bone onto the ground, looking to the wounded man who had begun to crawl backwards, still clutching his chest to stop the bleeding as best he could. As the girl noticed the men were dead or dying, she looked to the lioness, staring in both awe and fear. This was like something out of a tale. Or maybe a nightmare. Not that she hasn't already been living one.

The lioness approached her slowly, her eyes looking directly into the woman's fear and tear filled orbs. Something about the look in the creature's eyes was familiar, a sort of intelligence, and she could almost swear there was something like sympathy.

"Please don't kill me..." The woman begged in a terror fueled voice, cringing with each step the lioness took towards her. At her words, she stopped, looking at the woman for a moment before sparing a glance to the man who still lived. Suddenly, the lioness' form shifted, a sort of glimmer as she rose and changed Shape. In a matter of moments, the animal was gone, and standing in its place was a young woman, dark skinned and devoid of clothing. The bound woman simply stared in a state of confused shock, the man doing the same as he stammered, barely managing to speak;

"W...w-what the hell?!"

The woman looked to him, her eyes narrowed and filled with a fury that matched the intensity of the gaze of the creature that had wounded him. Her eyes were cat-like, a vivid amber hue, a stark contrast to the tone of her skin. Although she was missing clothing, she had a quiver of Spears on her back, and a dangerous looking knife on her hip. She drew the knife and moved toward the girl, whom shrieked again and backed away. The woman rose her free hand in a placating gesture, moving slowly as she held her knife out to the side. After a few seconds, the girl allowed her to move closer, watching her intently as the knife sliced through the binds that held her.

"Thank you..." The girl muttered, still trembling as she looked at the man. It was evident she was still terrified of him. Seeing this, the wild woman took her hand, startling her again, but, not nearly as much so. The woman's hands were surprisingly soft, and her grasp was far more gentle than she'd have expected. The look in her eyes had changed, having become one of concern, at least, that's what it looked like to the newly freed young girl. She gently brought her hands to her own chest, a comforting smile crossing her lips. When she was smiling, she seemed to have an entirely different look about her. Of course, it was a bit difficult to ignore the nudity, but, not enough to make it difficult to meet her gaze.

"I am Sehrana." The woman spoke softly, her voice also carrying a surprising softness to it. The young woman was surprised that she spoke, but, managed to return the smile.

"Oh...well, my name is Sabrina." Sabrina, as she had introduced herself, still seemed shaken, especially when her gaze again moved to her former captor. Whom had managed to slowly get to his feet. He was lifting his sword from the ground, the bleeding reduced enough now that he could move.

"I don't know what manner of witch you are, bitch, but I'm gonna gut you. Then, I'll kill the whole when I'm done with her." Sehrana clearly didn't like his words or his tone, as she released the woman and turned toward him, twirling the knife in her hand. The feline features returned to her eyes as they narrowed again. His eyes suddenly darted to her chest, then her lower body, stopping above her knees. Clearly distracted, he wasn't ready when she lunged forward, swinging the digger at him in a horizontal arc, which he managed to deflect with his blade, moving around her to wrap an arm around her neck, pulling her back against him. He was apparently more skillful than she had expected.

"This is more like it. Stupid whore. What made you think you could fight me with a dagger?" The man said in a condescending tone. He pulled her back against him, his eyes looking down the front of her before looking back to Sabrina.

"On second thought, I could just use you both. This one has some spirit. Could be fun to break you."

Sabrina dropped down and picked up one of the swords his allies had dropped, holding it out towards him. Her hands were shaking visibly, but she tried her hardest to put on a brave and threatening face. "L-let her go, y-you bastard."

The man simply laughed pressing the blade up against Sehrana's throat, again pulling her back against him. He was clearly enjoying this. The knife dropped from her grip, stabbing into the ground beside her.

"Shut the fuck up. I'm in charge here, and I do whatever...and whoever I want." His voice caught briefly, dripping with metaphorical venom as he resumed speaking, eyeing both Sabrina and Sehrana with a lusty gaze.

"Pathetic." Sehrana's voice rang out suddenly, catching him by surprise. He dug the blade in slightly, drawing a little blood from her neck.

"What's that bitch? Maybe I should shove something down your throat so you'll shut up." He said with a vulgar chuckle, looking at the disgusted expression on Sabrina's face as the blade in her hands still shook slightly.

"Can men think with anything else?" Sehrana asked quietly, using the distraction to extend her fingernails into inch long claws. Her question made him laugh again, the blade moving a little ways from her neck. Just far enough...in a flash, Sehrana dug her claws into the man's side. He cried out, his grip lessening enough for her to slip free. The young woman looked back at him and turned as she threw her hand at him in a backhand, striking his face hard enough to spin him around. He regained his balance and clutched his side, blood flowing between his fingers.

"Oh...oh, you fucking cunt. I am gonna break you..." He growled at her, his teeth clenched in rage as he stepped toward her.

"Break?" Sehrana repeated, a smirk crossing her lips. The claws retracted back to normal and she moved to meet him. With a roar, he swung the blade at her, only for her to catch his arm. He cried out as an inhuman strength squeezed his forearm. It felt like she was crushing it! The small woman's frame seemed to betray an amazing strength. The pain caused him to drop the blade, dropping to his knees. He screamed out as the pressure only increased.

"Aaah! Stop! You're breaking it!" He cried out, looking up to her. He gasped as he met her eyes. The pupils were slits, serpentine and a dark yellow color. What the hell?! His mind raced, barely able to function through the pain, which only seemed to intensify as she gripped tighter and tighter. Her other hand shot out and grabbed his throat, squeezing with a similar force. His air supply immediately cut off, his mouth hung agape, lungs trying their hardest to pull in air.

"Who is breaking who?" Sehrana said with fierce grin as the pressure increased again, until finally his arm snapped, the bone breaking as it was crushed in her hand. He wanted to scream out, but he couldn't. He was suffocating, choking to death at the hands of this small woman. What a horribly embarrassing way to die, he found himself thinking. Her hand gripping his throat suddenly jerked violently to the side, a loud crunch sounding as his spinal cord severed. Sehrana released him, allowing his new motionless form to slump to the ground. She turned to look at Sabrina, her smile still remaining as her eyes returned to normal.

Sabrina was staring, finally exhaling as she let the sort fall to the ground, falling to her knees. It was hard not to start crying again, but, at least now, those horrible men couldn't hurt her anymore. Sehrana picked up the sword, kneeling down as she placed it into Sabrina's hands. The two women met eyes again. There was that kindness again, so alien from what Sabrina had experienced for so long. Her fingers gripped the hilt of the blade, unsure of what to do or say. Sehrana rose, moving towards the shaded tree she had come from. Sabrina simply watched her for a few moments before clamoring to her feet to follow. "W-wait!"

Sehrana continued to the tree, which was now cat free. Behind it was a stack of supplies, including a necklace and an outfit made of furs. She put the necklace around her neck, a long fang that seemed to radiate power, and slowly dressed in the fur clothing. It didn't cover much, but, at least now she had that decency that she didn't feel entirely necessary. At the least, it seemed to make it easier for Sabrina to meet her gaze without an extra color to her cheeks. Once she was dressed, she walked up to Sabrina and put a hand on her shoulder, offering another supportive smile. This situation reminded her a fair amount of her youth with her master. But, this would be different. She wasn't Ursin, she couldn't afford to take someone under her wing. Not while still searching...

Sabrina spoken up again, jarring her from her thoughts. "Thank you again, Sehrana. I owe you my life."

Sehrana simply shook her had, returning her arm to her side, shifting her weight to her other foot before noticing that she hadn't recovered her dagger. She immediately pivoted on her foot, making her way over to her blade that was still sticking out of the ground. Again, Sabrina followed.

"Well, uhm..."

Sehrana looked at her curiously, thinking for a moment before pointing off to her left.

"Nearest town is that way. Half day walk." She reached into her satchel, pulling out some dried meat and handing it to Sabrina. The girl didn't seem thrilled, but, she took it anyway. It was clear that she wanted to travel with her, but, Sehrana simply couldn't allow that. Too dangerous. Better she live in a village and practice with that sword. It would be safer.

Sabrina frowned and looked at the meat in her hand, and the sword in the other, beginning to walk towards the town her rescuer had mentioned. She stopped briefly, glancing back at her. "How could I ever thank you enough?"

Sehrana seemed to ponder her questions for a few moments before simply smiling at her, leaning down to pick up her dagger, twirling it before sheathing it.

"Survive."

@The Classy Mog

~A chance Encounter~

From a perspectiv ethe events that occured were obvious murder. On the other hand for one that chose to see things in grew rather than negatives or positives, the young marksman cloaked in the trees understood the situation as retribution. Of course he couldn't deny the feminine or rather almost feline appeal of the scarcely dressed woman. In fact his attention slip had left him tipping his arrow into the ground more than three times whilst he watched his fellow be slaughted for their vulgarity, A simple vulgarity he certainly did not share with them. Well.... Kind of.

The last of the men met what could be described as the cruelest of deaths. The two women 'safe' now Hirin felt slightly more relaxed now seeing the two of them converse. With the eyes of a hawk he glanced into the brush to his side knowing more than the two women and silently he prayed that the last of his companions was not so strung to try and fight someone who was obviously better than them.

Hirin's eyes fell back onto the two women, the more powerful of them now a bit easier to look at without busting his trousers. Really now it was just a waiting game.

"Survive?" Sabrina asked with a certain question to her voice. It was clear that her savior was not fully aware of their circumstances right now.. but it was even to forgive that. "If only you know what you ask Sehrana. This is the holy land, those of my kin are not welcome here regardless of the crimes Iv not committed. This is a racist land with a God whom loves no one but the cocksuckers who bend a knee just to get a taste..." Sabrina was surprisingly spiteful now that the immediate danger was passing. "You aren't really safe here either... if anyone finds out about your ... uh ability they will hunt you just like they did me."

Sabrina stood her ground. She wasn't about to let Sehrana, someone she considered as her only 'friend' in a field of enemies... to run of unknowing of what sort of place she was in. Sabrina was not without her own skills either... they would be better together. "More power in numbers... we are the same so we shoul....."

She was cut off as two events happened almost simultaneously. The first was a bolt from a cross bow that launched from behind the two girls, and the second was an arrow that whistled through the air and knocked the bolt off target.

Then the third sound was a force and a loud thus as someone fell from their post in a tree and landed in a pool of their own blood on the ground. Instantly Sabrina raised a sword in the direction taking one step to stand in front of Sehrana. "see what I mean?" Though even now she was more than confused by both of the noises. That was until from the north west brush a man walked out with his hands held up in the air.

"Really twas a dumb move on my part, and Im sure he's mad but i certainly spared him a far worse death, had he landed that shot."

The man was surprisingly calm and whimsical for walking in surrender into a den of lions.

Sabrina instantly stepped back, her head cocked to the side as she questioned the mans motives. "What was that. What did you do... I.. I know you." Sabrina knew the soldier standing there as one of the few who stayed off to himself and plucked away at a lute rather than divulging the hateful practice of a horny soldier. He was still one of them though... and that kept her on guard here. "Where are your weapons? What are you trying to do?"

Hirin sighed under his breath but was careful not to make any sudden movements. "Well for starters.. my name is Hirin... I am technically a traitor to the kingdom now.... and well my weapons are back there in the brush. In total I have four well crafted daggers, a longsword, a black wood marksman's Longbow... and well a less than adequate amount of rations. I shot my ally just now so that you didn't die by a bolt in the back... and hmm I suppose at this point the tables are turned... and I am your prisoner... Or lunch.. Im not quite sure..."

Sabrina lowered her sword slowly and turned back to Sehrana the confusion was apparently painted on her expression.

Hirin sighed again and looked down for a second. "Not to be a bother... but can either of you remind me... really fast. Why did I do that again?"

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
@Uneasy Goat

The Paladin Lord Gerant lead the way now as prisoner and concubine, and expedition walked up a hill. Soft meadows sidelines a dug out dirt trail. Tirian thought about trying to break free and run for the tress more than a few time, but there wasn't going to be a chance for him to get very far with the captain here.

Ahead of them were large walls and a golden gate with three golden suns embroidered into the nearly towering doors. Gerant stopped just ahead of the gates shadow and raised his crest to the sky. Broadened light came down in droves then and reflected from his crest into the eyes of the suns on the door. Bright blue purple, and pink eyes opened and each of the three suns had its own expression as the doors slowly opened before them.

Tirian tried to look through his cell but what he found only reifnorced his feeling of dread. Escaping from a compound such as this would be no small task. Hell it was probably impossible... at least with how he felt at the moment.

Before long five men approached, although it was painfully obvious which of the men was running the show here. His golden beard was trimmed neat, and his nearly crystal blue eyes were already locked on Aurelia's cleavage. The desire of a Lord in every bit of his bearing. Truly it made Tirian cringe in his cell.

"Welcome welcome, Lady prestigious. Our Kings great advisor Lady Aurelia. Welcome!"

Aurelia gave a curtsy and offered a liars genuine smile as she took the Barons hand in her and offered her lips against the bare of his knuckles. "I am deepy honored to have stay in your estate Baron Dorsent. And Though I am truly eager to return to my Kings side it brings me great joy that you would have me as your esteemed guest." Aurelia fluttered her eyes lashes just enough and stepped back offering a coy smile to any who might observe her. It was then that General Gerant approached.

"Our Lady made a deductive decision and tracked down one of Aristara's most notorious criminals. She claims that he may have some knowledge about the resting place of the eggs."

To this the Baron's eyes lit up. "How splendid! Ahh Scholar I expect this will help you in your research?"

From then things calmed down. Each of them was taken to their respective sleeping quarters. Gerant was called aside swiftly after... and Tirian found himself behind much larger bars. A stone Lion prowled the halls of his cell.

Aurelia did not take long to change into much more appropriate clothing. After all there was to be a banquet... in honor of her return.. not that she'd asked for it. Baron Dorsent could get a new horse and find it reason enough to celebrate.

As the Night went on more and more guests appeared and soon within a giant Ballroom Aurelia found herself standing and sipping at a glass. When the scholar she'd met earlier appeared in his own dress. Raising her glass to him she nodded. "And a toast to the conquest of Knowledge!" It wasn't that she cared.. but this scholar as he was called was probably the most interesting on here at this party. "What is it you are researching dear Scholar?

Sehrana Mirri

Sehrana wasn't certain what she expected Sabrina to do or say. She supposed how vague her statement was wouldn't exactly be that useful. Yet, it was just how she was. Life didn't give simple answers. The world wasn't going to point you in the right direction, or show you a single path to follow. Still, just giving her a sword after freeing her wouldn't guarantee her survival. Although, that was part of the point. Those who can't survive on their own, likely shouldn't. At first, Sehrana didn't fully comprehend what her new friend was saying, but after listening a bit more intently and pondering for a moment, her words made sense. The thought of her being hunted did little to nothing in regards to frightening her. After all, she was a hunter herself, and she had been hunted by far greater beasts than these men. The young woman took a couple steps toward Sabrina, her arms crossing in front of her chest.

Maybe they would be better off together, but, this woman, what skills did she possess? Could she protect herself, even after the atrocities those men had committed? That remained to be seen. Sabrina was showing bravery, in addition to a thirst for revenge. While not necessarily admirable, it was understandable. Sehrana's thoughts were Interrupted by the sudden cutting of the air. A bolt flew towards them, caught in the air by an arrow. It was quite the impressive shot. Of course, it's meaning could be just as ominous. A man stepped out from the brush, his arms up in a sort of surrender. Odd that she hadn't been able to smell or hear him. A little upsetting, as well. When Sabrina moved in front of her, Sehrana was slightly taken back. Mere moments ago this woman was weeping in fear, and now, she was bravely standing her ground, sword in front of her. She'd be lying if she were to say she wasn't impressed. Sehrana admired her spirit.

Sabrina was questioning the man, saving Sehrana herself the trouble of it. The young woman moved beside her companion, drawing one of her spears and holding it at the ready. If this man was fool enough to still attack them, he'd regret it. At least, for a few moments. The two continued speaking for a period of time. This sort of thing always annoyed it. It was just another she preferred animals. Beasts didn't lie or hide their intentions. If they meant you harm, they would let you know. He, in truth, didn't seem to wish them harm. Yet, in a way, he seemed so lost. Why had he interfered? He himself didn't even seem to know.

"Why should we trust you when you do not know yourself?" The dark skinned huntress asked quietly, her grip tightening slightly on her spear.

@Wolfsin

• Love
Kirtah shrugged, smirking. "Ahn tay ah viion shu-lok, biion skaylok*. He who travels has stories to tell. Why d'ye think many o' the bards 'cross the lands have led lives somewhere between a Wanderer's and a Scholar's? History makes fer good songs, but the best adventure stories are written by those who live them. If'n ye care to listen for a spell, I'll tell you how I managed to make a headhunter's own dog tear his owner's throat out." he chuckled, taking another drink of the ale. "Or, on a lighter note, how I started doing what it is I do."

He reclined back, awaiting the woman's answer, more than happy to share his tales over a pint. He liked to think it was one of the reasons he never settled down. Story telling had always brought people together. What better person to hear a wondrous tale from than the mouth of the story's hero?

*Skewered English pronunciation of an actual Irish Gaelic phrase of the same meaning.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.