Ariadne's String (Sci-Fi/Space Exploration RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dapper Mog

Original poster
Humanity has expanded it's territory and influence all over the Earth, and can no longer expand. So, they began to look to the heavens, reaching out into the blackness of space. Signals were sent out, every day for decades, until one day, a signal was returned. After a great deal of study and deliberation, humanity attempted full communication, and received a message from an apparently alien species resembling the stereotypical "greys". The message offered to bring humanity into the fold of a grand universal commonwealth governed by a variety of alien species spanning several galaxies. All they had to do, was pass a test.

This test involved sending a team of their people out into the far reaches of space, where they would have a chance to meet the council of aliens governing the Commonwealth. After months of arguing and bickering amongst the earth's many governments, a team was put together representing humanity. Of course, in order to dissuade the involvement of selfish political gain, the United Nations hand selected members of the team. Once they were selected, the Commonwealth provided the means of creating a vessel capable of travelling the required distance in mere decades, as well as blueprints teaching humanity long distance space travel and cryo-sleep.

This team was given a year to prepare and train, while their ship was created. This ship was dubbed "Ariadne's String" After the story of Greek Mythology, symbolizing the vessel as humanity's only hope of guiding them through the treacherous expanse of outer space.

If anyone is interested in this concept, and preferably, helping me flesh it out, I'd be thankful. Let me know if anyone is interested! ^_^

Sounds cool. I have about 30% of a space setting floating around in my head so I'd be happy to help add some depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.