Arena Forged || Misadventures in Faerün ●○

dd13a719f0ba6eebb14636dc2096d098.png

As her feet slid through the tainted sand, Red grunted, trying to dig her heels deeper into the foul substrate. It felt like the vile beast would just drag her all the way to the unconscious child. She had to find more purchase. She had to stop this thing. She had to...

The sensation of the zombie lifting upwards in her arms caught her off guard. Unsure what was happening Red held onto the creature until she felt her own body beginning to be lifted with it. Looking over her shoulder, she saw the zombie that the night skinned elf had been attacking was also being dragged upwards into the air. By the time the two zombies came to a halt, Red was able to walk clear underneath the dangling feet without feeling the need to duck. It was a welcome development but still slightly unnerving to behold.

“Did I do that?”

Spinning around, Red saw her willowy companion staring up at the suspended creatures with a look of confusion on their face that matched her own. Looking around the battlefield Red peered at her fellow combatants. The two male fighters didn’t seem to be paying attention to what was going on over here. The elf had been slashing at the beasts with a sword. Why do that if you could just lift them into the air? That just left Blue.

“I think it might have been; I know it wasn’t me.” As she maneuvered herself between the floating beast and the child, Red thanked the gods for bringing her Blue. They were powerful it seemed. Far more powerful than they looked. This battle might have gone very differently if it wasn’t for her white haired friend. And the other fighters who had joined the fray. She really ought to find out their names. “Hey Elf! What should we call you? Be nice to know who we stared down death with.”

Despite the somewhat casual nature of the question, Red’s eye were fixed on the beast and her feet spread wide. She was ready now to block its path if it got free from its magical restraints.
@Chile @Starlighter