1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, high-fantasy, sci-fi, post-apocalyptic.
So, my creative muses have been dusted by the obnoxious amount of dungeons and dragons I've been playing lately, and I got an idea for a long-term, Forgotten Realms based adventure based on world events and character development!

What I have in mind would include me as a character, and the game master, and four others captured and amnesiac, and thrust into an arena setting where we would have forced combat phases, and character development phases. As our characters get to know one another, we will plan and execute an escape, as well as trying to learn what stole our memories before making our way out into the world.

Our journey will have access to all of the worlds of Dungeons and Dragon 5e, as well as its bestiary. Homebrewed things can also be considered, but it depends on balance.

UNLIKE DnD, and most Dungeon Masters, my goal will be to for players to develop and grow, as opposed to the nasty trope of party whipping.

Thanks to technology, we can even roll dice, and create stat sheets digitally.

If this is something that interests you, please! Let me know and we can evolve this idea farther!

• An uncomprehensible scream, in a tongue equally comprehensible.

You've awaken in a place with no sky. A roof, yes, but the stuffy, damp air is evident that even outside wherever you have found yourself is far from outdoors. The room around you is dark, but not blinding. Quiet, but not silent. A fire pit in the far side of the room casts a warm glow in the large room-- it appears to be a living hall, with only parts of the table that once resided strewn about the hall. The light only barely reaches to where you are, but enough to see that you are not alone. And enough to see your situation.

Your hands are suspended above you, held by shackles that hang out of the walls. The wall your back rests against is lined with other. Others that also seem to be just rousing themself from a deep sleep. This is alarming, suddenly your mind begins to kick into high gear and you begin to think-- how did you get here? For that matter... which are you!? You try to think of your name, but it stands just tantalizing on the tip of your tongue.

It doesn't come to you before the doors on the far walls are opened and a pair of beings enter, clad in a heavy armor, and armed to the teeth. These creatures... they'll large, and don't quite seem corporial. You could swear that you could see through these bulky boys, who seem to be sprouting a ghostly fire from around there necks. Despite their arguable corprial-ness, the two hoist up the man closest to the door, who seems to still be stumbling into consciousness, and begin dragging him from the room after releasing his restraints.

Suddenly, you and your fellow prisoners are alone again, left in the almost quiet, dimly lit darkness. Waiting.​

Last edited:
Totally interested :D

Reactions: Rosé Moon
Well... it depends on the morale leanings of the party. Are we allowed to be villainous characters? >:D I’m not a murder hobo or anything like that, I just like the idea of being a less than savory character (like paladin of conquest)

*slides in*

This sounds fun, I'm interested. Character wise, A warlock, or maybe a ranger or monk. Ill get a brainstorming.

Last edited:
As far as moral leaning goes, I'd like to keep it lawful evil, at worst. Neutral evil and Chaotic evil are a pain to deal with unless I plot devices a reason for the rest of the party to stay with them.

That said! If it something you would really like, I can certainly plot reasons to keep everyone together.

*slides in*

This sounds fun, I'm interested. Character wise, A warlock, or maybe a ranger or monk. Ill get a brainstorming.

Great!!! One more person and I'll post a signup and OOC!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Cwispy and Applo
Is this going to be a forum roleplay, or straight up d&d, or a mixture of the two? Cause we could even use discord for voice chat, and there are a number of other neat programs to help in running a game.

When I play or run D&D, I don't necessarily strictly adhere to alignment, but yes, something like Lawful Evil or Chaotic Neutral (depending on class and stuff) is what I'd play.

Is this going to be a forum roleplay, or straight up d&d, or a mixture of the two? Cause we could even use discord for voice chat, and there are a number of other neat programs to help in running a game.

When I play or run D&D, I don't necessarily strictly adhere to alignment, but yes, something like Lawful Evil or Chaotic Neutral (depending on class and stuff) is what I'd play.

It will be a forum roleplay! Undoubtedly. But it will borrow a lot from 5th Edition.

Reactions: Cwispy
UPDATE! I will have the signup page later today! There will be a phase while others can still join during the first phase-- I'll be sure to tag @Chile @Applo!

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Cwispy and Applo
I'd potentially be interested in giving this a whirl, although my schedule is all kinds of crazy right now so I can't make any absolute comittments. Forgive me if this has already been stated somewhere and I somehow missed it, but what would the expectations in terms of post length and frequency be?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
I'd potentially be interested in giving this a whirl, although my schedule is all kinds of crazy right now so I can't make any absolute comittments. Forgive me if this has already been stated somewhere and I somehow missed it, but what would the expectations in terms of post length and frequency be?

It has not been stated! In all honesty, the expectations would not be... intense. As long as it doesn't become a burden for the other players, I myself, am rather lenient.

• Thank You
Reactions: Starlighter

It has not been stated! In all honesty, the expectations would not be... intense. As long as it doesn't become a burden for the other players, I myself, am rather lenient.
Awesome! In that case I will definitely keep a close eye on this and start giving some thought to character concepts.

Hmm.....been eyeing this....and I might throw my hat into the ring

Hmm.....been eyeing this....and I might throw my hat into the ring
Wonderful! If you're interested, check out the (sorta in progress) sign up page here!!

i GM a lot of homebrew DnD so i would love to switch roles and be a player for once

i GM a lot of homebrew DnD so i would love to switch roles and be a player for once
I see now that signups are closed. My mistake.