AREA 51 & Aliens

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura

Official Iwaku Little Sister
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
After 5PM EST weekdays
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Genders You Prefer Playing
Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Instinctively passive unless the story needs a push. I adapt as needed.
Favorite Genres
SciFi, Fantasy, Modern, Twist Genres.
Genre You DON'T Like
Mature, Horror (with rare exceptions)

Less than 100 miles from Las Vegas, Nevada is the most famous secret military installation on the planet. Rumors swirl around this base, much like the mysterious aircraft that twist and turn in the skies overhead. Although it's known by many names, most people call it by the Atomic Energy Commission's (AEC) designation: Area 51.

Facts, myths and legends weave together in such a way that it can become difficult to separate reality from fiction. What exactly goes on in this installation? Why did the government alternatively acknowledge and deny its existence until the 1990s? Why is the airspace over it so restricted that even military aircraft are forbidden from flying through it? And, what does it have to do with Roswell, New Mexico?

Each question seems to have a million different answers. Some answers are plausible, while others stretch credulity so far that if someone said it out loud, you might feel the urge to back away from them slowly...

Whats your take on all this?

What do you believe ?

Blind Hemingway

Big "WHAT?!"
BENEFACTOR
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
SCREW THIS. I'M CHAOTIC STUPID. I LOWER MY TROUSERS AND WIZZ ON THE KING.
Favorite Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi or Furrisms, DnD, High Fantasy, romance. Straight up Horror.
I, personally, don't believe it has anything to do with aliens. If anything the alien story is a good story to keep people guessing what's going on there. Since New Mexico, Nevada, and the other states in the region have historically been used for nuclear testing and atomic energy related projects, it's probably just another of those regions that is kept all hush-hush for national security.

Vay

The Empress
BENEFACTOR
Male, Female
Mostly active but I don't mind taking a back seat.
Favorite Genres
Mostly Fantasy and Sci-fi, though I’ll do anything if the plot is good.
Genre You DON'T Like
See above.
But its the only area in the US that normal air force personnel cannot fly over making me think it to test experimental aircraft. Not UFO derived just earth tech. As much as I truly want aliens to exist anywhere near earth (The mathematical formula for inhabited planets always comes to millions) They're just too far away to reach us.

I

I Eat Brains

The universe is wide and anything is possible. I believe in what I see; hence, if ghosts are real then aliens must be too.

Maggie

Officially Nonexistent.
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Douche, Adaptable
Female
Favorite Genres
horror, fantasy, magical, paranormal, hetero romance
Genre You DON'T Like
sci fi,
Never take your so called reality for granted. :)

A

Arsenal XA4

Been to Rachael, Nevada, the town outside of Groom Lake Base.

Yes, that's what I call it. It makes it sound more... official...

Vay

The Empress
BENEFACTOR
Male, Female
Mostly active but I don't mind taking a back seat.
Favorite Genres
Mostly Fantasy and Sci-fi, though I’ll do anything if the plot is good.
Genre You DON'T Like
See above.
Area 51 is not the only base in the area that has the name 'area' followed by a number its just the best known, if there was anything going on there though other that prototype testing it would have been moved away decades ago when it decame a tourist atraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.