L

L. Barnes

Original poster
Hi there,

my name is L (no, not a death note reference). I am a 21 year old student looking for a specific kind of someone to do a long-term RP with in my spare time.

I am looking for an aggressive, plot driven, adept writer who can write realistic characters in a variety of settings; preferably medieval or fantasy but modern, sci-fi, etc (almost anything) are good too. However, I will not write fanfiction, horror or smut.

My timetable is somewhat erratic and unpredictable so I need someone who is patient but checks regularly. I make it a rule to try and post at least once every two weeks, though with exam seasons this may change. I am also living in the UK and as such run on GMT.

What I really want is someone who is strong willed and won't just react to what I write but has a clear idea of where they want a story to go with their character and is willing challenge and try to manipulate my own through skilled writing. However, they should not write maliciously and must be adaptable enough to acquiesce to my own plot developments and integrate them into their own stories and characters development. Naturally, I would extend the same courtesy. Said individual must also be willing to consider not only the action and relationships of a world but depending on the RP, the social and political climate and consequences of their characters actions not only to them but also to the world they live in.

I just want someone who will motivate me to write and with whom I can build a rapport and an excellent, complex story with.

I have a few plot ideas but would enjoy your own input if you have a story you would like to pursue. My writing preferences can be found on my profile.

I understand that this is quite a demanding and specific post but if you feel like you might be interested please PM me or reply below and I will get back to you to discuss it further.

Sounds like a good challenge. I'd like to hear your plot ideas or sort of what kind of fantasy you're after.

Sounds like a good challenge. I'd like to hear your plot ideas or sort of what kind of fantasy you're after.

These are several of the worlds/plots I would like to write and explore - some have more world building done than others. Not necessary to choose 1 of these if you have your own idea or if you want to edit any of the below (* are the characters I would prefer to play- but I am happy to play the other character as well if you have a preference):

Future setting - fantasy friendship/romance(?): It's been 400 years since the flood that engulfed the majority of known land masses and threw the world into chaos. While the majority of people who survived fled to what little land remained - living in makeshift, overcrowded, lawless slums - a few remained and carved out a life for themselves in the barren oceans. London has become a floating city in the middle of the ocean made from wood and struts and anchors that reach down to the old city sunken below. Fortune seekers brave enough to venture to this much more primal and barbaric city go searching for lost and forgotten treasure, left behind when the old city sank.

With the collapse of the government, different districts (known as Fiefdoms) of the watery city are run by 3 major gangs, who keep their own versions of law and order and tolerate very few outsiders. Anyone living within a gangs territory but is not a member of the gang is known as a "dog" and are at the beck and call of the gang.

Character 1 is a fortune seeker from the land slums. Character 2* is a gang member or "dog".

Middle Eastern Fantasy Setting - coming of age: Character 1 is the crown prince of the Kingdom of Kalrar. His parents, whose marriage was born from necessity, not love, distance themselves from him and leave him in the care of his nurses along with his infant brother (Character 3).

One night an alarm is sounded and Character 1 finds themselves with their arms full with his little brother and hiding in his parents closet, watching as both are brutally murdered by assassin Character 2*. Rather than kill the two princes, Character 2* kidnaps/saves them and takes them back to their home deep into the desert.

Character 2* is part of an organisation of assassins for hire, who will kill anyone for the right price. Character 1 strikes up a bargain - he will train under them as their apprentice and keep his royal status secret from the world and his brother, in return Character 2* would raise the two boys until Character 1 is skilled enough to kill Character 2*. Character 3 grows up being raised as a son and not being trained as an assassin.

For this story I would expect time skips as Character 1 ages. The aim would be to explore the political landscape of this world and the developing love-hate relationship between Character 1 and Character 2*, as well as the relationship between Character 1 and Character 3 who are raised together but differently.

The goal is for Character 1 to find out who hired Character 2* and return themselves or their brother to the throne.

Fantasy/medieval: once upon a time, the race of men was the most powerful and advanced race on earth, possessing powerful magic that they could wield on command.

Jealous of this, the elves and dwarves, unbeknownst to Man, banded together and cast a powerful spell stripping Man of their magical abilities.

1000 of year later Man is the weakest of the three races, with the smallest population and dispersed across the earth in small clusters- living in matchwork towns or patched up building from long ago. They are considered inferior.

Character 1 is an ordinary person.

Character 2* is the last sorcerer to have been born but is nearly immortal and has been alive for 1000 years. Character 2* intends to reverse the curse through any means necessary and cause suffering to the other races.

Character 1's goal is to stop them by allying themselves with other races.

What I would really like from this story for a conflict of ideals between the 2 characters where both believe the other is the villain or at least irreparably misguided. Would be looking for multiple characters to be created and developed- the focus being on that as oppose the the interaction between characters 1 and 2 as that is likely to be limited.

Fantasy: 2 kingdoms at war decide to sue for peace by arranging a marriage between the 2 monarchs, characters 1 and 2.

Queue assassination attempts, politics, feelings, deception, betrayal, romance, etc.

Whether these 2 characters end up romantically together, as friends or as enemies trying to kill each other is still up for debate.

Fantasy/future/scifi(?): in order for the human race to survive, underground cities were built and populated, and routes to the surface sealed off permanently. Overtime (centuries) some cities died out- losing power and falling into darkness, allowing mutated creatures to attack and destroy them.

As the centuries passed people started to mutate as well, developing powers and abilities that made ordinary folk fear them, and they were banished go the outercity (a makeshift city sounding the main one).

However, the generators are beginning to fail, and unless the characters can find a way to unseal or escape to the surface, they will all die.

Superheroes - romance(?)/friendship(?)/enemies(?)/frenemies(?): Character 1 is a superhero. Character 2* is a vigilante.

The two clash.

What i am looking for in this story is a clash of views on what is the wrong and right way of preventing crime? What is justice? How big a part does the government play? What are the repercussions of superheroes existing? What sort of relationship would these two develop?

Fantasy/magic: Character 1 is a member of the water clan who presents as a fire mage at their coming of age.

Character 2* is a member of the fire clan who is designated at Character 1's mentor. However, unknown to character 1, due to an ancient agreement between their 2 families, once character 1 has mastered her element, they and character 2 will be married. Because of this and because of a secret madness known only to the fire clan, character 2 is hostile and grouchy towards character 1.

Last edited by a moderator: