Are YOU a scaredy cat?

S

Seiji

Original poster
cat-pictures-black-cat-537.jpg

A brief discussion on being scared in video games brought this potential subject to mind, so let the polling and conversation commence!

Are YOU a scaredy cat?

Meaning, are you easily frightened? Jumpy? Do zombies scares you? What, if anything, scares you? Will you watch a scary movie, or play a scary video game, in the dark? Why not? When was the last time you were scared or frightened by a scary movie or game? When was the last time you were forced to go to bed with a night light?

So on, and so forth. <3

Black_Cat.jpg

black_cat_by_xplixit.jpg

blackcat010002THUMB.jpg

gatanegrazp9.jpg

Unfortunately, Seiji, you got me in trouble with the sexiness of Black Cat.

But, unless it's Silent Hill, I'm pretty much disillusioned.

THOSE BLACK CAT PICS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THREAD *thanks and likes Seiji's post*

Also, it's few and far between that I'm scared anymore. Even IRL things like potential intruders or something only excite me with the idea of combat.

Unless you're talking about like Garth Ellis' Crossed series... I'd find myself pretty fuckin' scared then.

Unfortunately I am a lil bit. Weak spots are creepy noises and things that are just there. Just for the sake of creeping you out. I swear that freaks me more than anything. Love vampires and zombies though.

Although I did watch my mate Ross playing through Resi 4 and honestly if he hadn't been swearing blind at everything then that woulda been creepy for both of us. He wouldn't play it at night, and I didn't blame him.

Doesn't mean I don't watch/play that sort of thing, I like scaring myself, but I regret it hugely afterwards unless I watch the daft mickey-take version of it.

Crossed ate my soul, shitted it out, made a pie with that shit and ate it again.

I dunno, I find myself loving scary things, but not for the whole adreline rush of the scare or anything. I would like to think that behind every good horror story lies a tragic story about humanity and how it can be warped and broken.

But when I really immerse myself into a good scary game, book or CREEPY PASTA, I find myself paranodia as fuck, and jump almost over anything that seems out of place.

I get scared easily - and I mean easily. Jumpy, swearing, etc. But it's kind of a love/hate relationship. I love the adrenaline, the excitement of it, but at the same time, during the moment, I'm kind like, "Hello, get the fuck away!" And the only reason I've gone through so many horror movies and video games and other things is because my friends are dicks - and they like to see my reactions. I tend to count, too, when I'm scared.

I admit it, I am a fraidy cat.

When I'm at the movie theater, I'll cover my ears when I think something creepy might jump out. I hate it when those unexpected creepy sounds make my heart jump. I'm scared of the dark, too. So I get ultra paranoid when I'm out at night.

If someone sneaks up behind me and yells "RUOARJKNJSKBFG" I'll jump up, scream and possibly cry.

Also, I do cower like a pansy when a spider's in the room. This one time, I rushed out of the bathroom, naked and clinging to my boyfriend and crying like a baby. >>; He thought something was majorly wrong, but nope. It was just me going "B-B-BIG SP-SPIDER IN THE TUB! STOMP IT DEAD! KILL IT!"

Yup. Baddass Fluff Norris is super sensitive. Take me or leave me. >:[

*takes*

I'm scared of spiders, but my fright quickly turns into rage as I seek a boot to stomp the hell out of it. Or a vacuum to maliciously suck it to death! Mwahaha!

I love zombies, vampires, mummies, werewolves; all of those old horror movies, I LOVE THEM. I love being spooked out by genuinely frightening movie-moments and in video games. F.E.A.R. was crazy-fun, for example, with some good spooky moments. Same with Dead Space. But those games weren't truly terrifying. Resident Evil wasn't scary at all, just great zombie-movie-styled fun. The Silent Hill games, on the other hand, are full of mindfuckery... I remember playing the first one when it came out at night.

Whoops.

Anywho, gearing up to play AMNESIA. Anyone want me to record myself whilst playing it?

I LIKE IT WHEN MEDIA SCARS ME! I REVEL IN THE IMMERSION!

Unfortunately only Silent Hill and system shock seem to get the job done. Though SS was more paranoia than fear.

I'm scared of spiders, but my fright quickly turns into rage as I seek a boot to stomp the hell out of it. Or a vacuum to maliciously suck it to death! Mwahaha!
Totally afraid it'll crawl out of the vacuum.

I'm a coward. Why I'm in a Call of Cthullu RP is beyond me.

I want to play horror games, but I can't play new ones because my computer, in a word, sucks, and I don't know enough about older ones. They need to reach that point where I know there's going to be terrors but I've become so immersed in the story that I have to know how it ends. My personal experience is... kinda limited. The White Chamber, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Started Yume Nikki but haven't finished it yet.

Anyone have any good suggestions for the Wii or a PC running on middle-grade 2004 hardware?

Also, there's one thing that I can't stand in the real world: Wasps. I don't do wasps. I'm safe around mud daubers, because the breeds around here are mostly docile. Bees I can barely do. Wasps are... no. They're... bad. They're mean, they buzz your personal space, they attack without provocation, they look evil. And they're small. They can be anywhere, if you let them out of your sight for even a moment they'll find a crevice and hide in it and fly out at you when you least expect it. They've even gotten i my hair. Yes, hair. On my body. Touching my person. I don't do wasps.

I fear nothing!

j/k, seriously though, none of the usual things scare me like ghosts, spiders, heights, snakes, tight spaces ectectect

I guess I fear being alone with no one to care for me. Maybe being unemployed is a little scary too.

Totally afraid it'll crawl out of the vacuum.
T~T
The vacuum cleaner lives in the cupboard next to my room and I'm badly arachnaphobic, thanks D:

*eyes the cupboard with a paranoid look in her eyes*

*cleanses Elan's cupboard with a flamethrower*

I never understood the fear of spiders. You people are several times larger! YOU ARE THE BIG DOG HERE, PEOPLE! You walk up to that spider and you look it right in it's multiple eyes and you tell that spider "Fuck you, man". You be alpha as fuck to that spider. He's the douche bag of the arachnid kingdom. You never see a horseshoe crab acting like this.

It's because they have 8 legs. And they eat the guts of other bugs.

Just gives me the shivers.

Two main silly fears....

1) Needles..... beaten by merciless application of blood donating and tattoos \o/

2) Fish... creepy looking fuckers at the best of times. I can handle them but instinct with switch to fight or flight so I'll either be filling them for no reason or not thinking of them. Most fish are ok, just the deep sea ones with the empty eyes and gaping mouths. Mostly beaten.

Obligatory Space Marine refrence

"And they shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I shall mold them and in the furnace of war forge them. they will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great army shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. they will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. they will have tactics, strategies and machines that no foe can best them in battle they are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They shall be my Space Marines, and they shall know no fear."

Not sure how it happened but as medicine has discovered I have a mutant reptile brain, the part of your brain that is and always will be an animal, For some reason by brain doesn't trigger a flight response as a normal person would. You could say I have more in common with a fox than a human in this respect, because, If my opponent is equal I stand, If superior I only run to circle around and attack from ambush.

and to further screw up my body chemistry, when anger hits, It has the opposite effect chemically, It makes me smarter.