Are Recreational Drugs "Bad?"

Are recreational drugs "bad?"

• Total voters
I try so hard. :'(
And you should! Masturbating releases a bunch of dopamine and other happiness-juices (which I'm sure you know well) which gives you a natural high, but without the negative side effects of drugs. Y'all just need to masturbate more and quit dem drugs >:I

And you should! Masturbating releases a bunch of dopamine and other happiness-juices (which I'm sure you know well) which gives you a natural high, but without the negative side effects of drugs. Y'all just need to masturbate more and quit dem drugs >:I
Actually legit honest because I feel we have a connection and we should cherish it like a little connection cherub, I abstain from masturbation. That's4theladiesonly. you lucky lucky people you. #lovearoundtheworld #igive

I will answer in the most direct way I can to a completely indirect philosophy. I will do this by being as indirect as possible. Contradictions for days.

Now, to fully understand anything about the situation of the negativity and/or positivity of drugs is to understand their effects, how they are taken, and why they became illegal. These of course are subjective to the user, so immediately there are numerous ways to deviate from a solid answer. However, for sake of argument I will break down two substances that are typically known as "Drugs" and two substances not known for being drugs, -some of them are becoming known however.- this will create the end argument.

Before I begin I wish to quickly site my sources for effects, usage, and dosage. Erowid.org.

Illegal Drugs:

Marijuana: This substance is known for it's growing from plants and causing a user to develop a "Stoned" effect. Though most effects are positive or neutral, including "Euphoria" an "Uplifted Mood" and "Closed Eye Visuals in High Doses." There are also negative effects like "Paranoia." as well as "Panic Attacks." Though, usually in sensitive individuals or in high doses.

Dose is typically 1-3 grams, each gram lifting it a tier. -Light, Common, Strong- The dose is applied through inhalation. By pipe, blunt, -re-rolled cigar or cigarello- and joint. -Cigarette papers- Though, an alternate usage is through eating. These are known as edibles. The length of time for the substance to activate is 30 to 90 seconds and lasts 2-4 hours in length.

Cannabis illegality in the U.S. was caused by a variety of reasons, though, I will use the first known time of illegality in the country. The "Marijuana Tax Act" was implemented in 1937, effectively making Cannabis illegal outside of medical and industrial use by placing an excise tax on Hemp. An alternate reasoning was the strengthening of anti-poison laws, to which cannabis was -wrongly- placed in the listings. I say wrongly due to the fact that cannabis has never been associated as a direct cause of death, though, it can be categorized as a reason, much like alcohol.

LSD: I speak now of LSD, not N-Bome derivatives which were created in 2003, but rather the original substance, LSD-25 created in 1938 by Albert Hofmann, who also was the first to ingest the substance. The effects of the substance include; Open and closed eyed visuals, life changing experiences, time inflation, and a variety of other effects, all of these have the ability to be positive or negative depending on the user and their state of mind.

Dose is taken in several types, the "Threshold" Being 20ug, light dose 25-75ug, common 50 - 150ug, strong 150 - 400ug, and heavy at 400+ug Dose can be taken in a variety of ways, blotter, gelatin, and liquid. It can be taken through holding it in your mouth underneath the tongue, -sublingual- as well as many other means as it simply needs to be absorbed into one's body to take effect.

It became illegal in 1970 under the "Controlled Substances Act" Though, no death has ever been directly associated to LSD-25 overdose, deaths have been caused via accidental suicide and other related events.

Legal -Kind of- Drugs:

Tobacco: A typical effect of tobacco is a "buzzing" effect, to which the user begins to feel a detached sense of mind and a tired, withdrawn feeling. Other effects include stress relief, though this is disputed commonly.

A dosage of tobacco is commonly taken via inhalation, though oral and intranasal usage are also used. Each with varying doses between 0.2 mg - 8mg. -Nicotine, not tobacco.-

Tobacco is a readily available substance, despite it's relation to causing cancer and now, with the introduction of "E-Cigarettes," possible overdose. Though, these instances are from directly drinking the fluid.

Alcohol: Alcohol causes a drunken effect which relaxes the user, causes them to be more socially interactive, and even numbs pains, however it can cause death via drowning or even alcohol poisoning, and in frequent high dose usage, brain damage can occur. However, this substance's dose is attributed to weight, and therefore a dosage cannot be accurately created.

Illegalities have arisen in the past, though, have always fallen due to the popularity of the liquid and further, the ease of which it can be made.

Summary: All things are subjective, whether a drug is "Bad" Purely depends on the user, however, some drugs are more poison than drug. PCP is among those, to which I can make a profile as well if needed. All too many things are now characterized as drugs, though, most without valid reason. Nothing is inherently bad, they just develop that way.

I honestly dont remember where I heard that marijuana might be fine for pregnant moms, but I did some googling and found this:

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/healthmyths.html

"More recently, a well-controlled study found that cannabis use had a positive impact on birthweight during the third trimester of pregnancy with no adverse behavioral consequences[43] The same study found a slight reduction in birth length with pot use in the first two months of pregnancy. Another study of Jamaican women who had smoked pot throughout pregnancy found that their babies registered higher on developmental scores at the age of 30 days, while experiencing no significant effects on birthweight or length[44]"

And it cites it's sources, too.