ArcheAge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I skim over the tags and then open the page to look at the interior. Im not sure if some people understand what exactly they're tagging.

Yea, it's not fun. I miss having money.

Playing a heavy support role frustrates me. So do slow attacks, or spells with a cast time.

Very true. Especially asking about a specific tag they had only to get spurned for asking because they don't like it. Frustrating.

My pay sucks. But full benefits and retirement make it worthwhile I guess. County jobs.

I don't like the slowness. But being a caster and revving up some sort of electrical attack.. Like arc lightning. Then hitting my button that blasts the chorus to Thunderstruck by ac/dc.. -drooling- it's such a feeling.

uhhuh *nods*

Sucky pay is better than no pay still. :p I had a government job at one point, but it was only for the summer. I got paid back for the vacation and sick pay I racked up after the job came to an end though. that was pretty cool. I was a receptionist at a job corps.

I dont have any buttons that blast musics. *laughs a bit* but it sounds pretty cool, it'd still wear on my amount (zilch) of patience though....that and I think Id prefer some ice or wind based attack. But I like just going at the target and hitting fast enough and seamlessly enough that they don't even get a chance to swing back.

Oooh receptionist sounds like its a laid back job at least.

It's not so bad when you're the one pressing it. Not so much for my team speak friends who hear it over my mic if I actually use it.

You sound like a rogue.

Yea, it was a little too easy. Since it was a temporary job they didn't let me do a good chunk of the duties I wouldve been responsible for if it lasted past the summer. there were days I got very very very very very very bored. Or stuck because i couldn't leave the desk but the only thing i had left to do was make copies, and the copy machine was in another part of the building.

Team Speak? I guess it's a calling technology? (yay context clues!) Ya'll dont just type to each other in game?

*nods* I prefer rouge based melee over other kinds of melee. But I like being a ranger/archer/whatever to. it makes it a whole lot easier if you can pull one of the mob over to you at a time.

Ah fair enough. Getting bored at the job is the worst feeling. Mainly because it makes the day drag and the little things much more irritating.

Like ventrillo or skype, in some games it's easier to talk in rather than type.

Fair enough there. My firrans a ranger, not sure how it'll work out. Compared to my tank paladin. I like holding the line, soloing mobs by matching high health and defense. That sorta stuff. Swinging a large hammer or axe is also super fun for me!

Uhhuh, If Im going to be stuck somewhere, at least let me busy doing something.

But wouldnt more person talking at once get confusing?

My niece likes tanking to. But she likes finding the cutest race and then turning them into a tank. Little bunny girl with a massive war axe. *nods* She tried to play a healer in Rift, but she had to be one of the most blood thirsty healers I'd ever seen. I helped her rework her souls so she'd have a bit more offense than buffs though.

We don't all talk at once, goob. It's just faster than typing without breaking the flow of whatever were doing. Like last week it was building a Capitol ship from scratch.

That's too funny. A blood thirsty healer and an adorable tank, irony is the best for creativity sometimes, even if it's a bit cliche.

Ya'll dont yell while you play..well...when yall fight?

As long as she's happy with it, it's fine.... that and that means I don't have to do the tanking. I just have to do the reading and be bossy. I like that job. There's nothing wrong with irony or even a little cliche-ness either.

Are you going to try and go up to the north continent at all? Or play as a pirate?

No? I mean when I used to raid in wow there was always excited yelling when we finished a particularly hard boss. But not normal, no.

I love tanking and healing, dps gets dull sometimes.

That's where my house was in the alpha. Somewhere in auroria, think it was heedsmar or something. That was tough on a lower level character, but fun all the same.

As for piracy, I'll make one character a pirate, maybe my Nuian. He'd fit right in on a ships deck. Stealing cargo and boarding.

....hm...maybe its just my bunch then. We cuss, yell, snarl, and literally growl when we fight.

What's it like up there?

I think it'd be neat to be a pirate, but at the same time I'd feel terribly guilty about it to.

Good lords what are y'all a pack of dogs who use keyboards!? That sounds scary. :c

It's pretty. Tons of open land. It's also where guilds can build castles and they can siege them. If thy build a castle they can raise taxes on the surrounding housing areas and collect on it.

Oh gosh, that's the worst.

I'm sorry.. I need this trade pack to survive! H-here I'll pay for some of it..

Sympathetic pirates who want to talk about their problems sounds like a musical comedy waiting to happen.

I think it's funny. At least until I get a headache from it, even then I still laugh, I just cringe some to.

Tell me more about the landscape?

....I just thought a mini orphan pirate child at that sentence. With big googly eyes!

That'd be kind of neat to try and set up in game. Find a way to broadcast music so anyone in the area could hear it, have the crew break into interpretative dance to retell a flashback or somthing. It could be a musical!

Still sounds funny.

I'll show you. I have screenshots on the home pc.

You can write music in game and play it with the instruments

Yay pictures!

I can't even read music in real life. Its one of those things that just do not compute for me. But that's still a cool thing to be able to do.

The Harbor that let in near where I'd built my house. The stone walls were really neat and hexagonal. Can also see the magic volcano in the distance.
2yzh5jd.jpg
Leading out of the harbor, opposite of the first picture.
15x0a5e.jpg
Me standing outside where I'd built my house.
faq9me.jpg

Reactions: Silver
The third one is my favorite. Which house is yours? Do you like living up in Auroria rather than on your home continent?

Also: welcome home!

I think that was before it was built, I had an 8x8 farm there too, so I was up there plenty.

The commute was a NIGHTMARE. Mostly because it was either spend 30 minutes SAILING up there, avoiding the kraken, or waiting til a certain in-game time to take the portal from Ynystere and fighting or gliding for 5 minutes to get to my farm.

Eh, either way it was a trek. Had a guild set of houses in Windscour, then I left that guild, so I took my tiny farm with me.
m7b3wz.jpg

The commute sounds brutal. but the gliding could have been fun. Also, speaking of in world time. I dislike the sky clock thingy. It took me forever to figure out that was the time indicator. Did you at least enjoy the commute? Or did it get to the point that it was more annoying than fun?

I loved the commute, it was at the point when I was so busy with other things that I'd log into ArcheAge, tend my farm (which used most of my daily labor regen), and then log off. Got lucky and made a few hundred gold off a coinpurse and funded myself and provided for my farm via mail (in front of the house). So I rarely left Auroria at the end of my alpha playing, and I'd begun to run out of money. Seed bundles were expensive. So unless I was fishing somewhere, I wasn't online doing much.
2q1vy9h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.