Arcane Academy CYOA

• Thread starter IntrusivePenDesperateSword
  • Start date
Confused how this works. Looks like water magic's the best as most of the spells have no use limit, while the others all seem to have several. But I don't know if we're choosing different abilities from the lists or what. Can you explain a little more?

Confused how this works. Looks like water magic's the best as most of the spells have no use limit, while the others all seem to have several. But I don't know if we're choosing different abilities from the lists or what. Can you explain a little more?
You can choose 32 books freely from any set or category. Some come in several volumes, so to use those spells you need all volumes.

On magic without use limit, I assume it works somewhat like bending from AtLA, where you can direct for example as many separare water coloumns as you have limbs to "move" them with.

I'd like to have skills in each given element, but I think I may drop a few in favor of furthering myself in one or two particular courses.

I would also go for Intensive Study, for no other reason than I'm a nerd.

MAGIC)

• Water Dancing
    • Freezing Shards
    • Sand Shape
    • Dispel
    • D 2
    • Absorb Magic
    • AM 2
    • Haste
    • H 2
    • Grace
    • G 2
    • Self-Healing
    • SH 2
    • Healing Touch
    • HT 2
    • HT 3
    • Telekinetic Hand
    • TH 2
    • Unseen Hands
    • UH 2
    • Levitation
    • L2
    • After Images
    • Blink
    • B 2
    • Teleport Self
    • TS 2
    • TS 3
    • Recall Another
    • Night Eyes
    • Wring Flesh
    • WF2
    • Polymorph
    • P2
    • P3
    • Shapeshifting
    • SS 2
    • SS 3
    • SS 4
    • SS 5
    • SS 6
    • Waterform
    • Wf 2
    • Wf 3
So, I'm going for a flighty, light combat, shapeshifting type of path. With a good bit of telekinesis. Nothing on the heavy combat side or any kind of mind augmentation.

I and a pal talked some about this a time ago, and we came to several ways to improve the world using these spells. Namely, we've:
  • Made a star that'll never die by grouping together a bunch of Light spheres
  • Made a steam engine using said light spheres, mirrors, and transmuted vantablack
  • Used several Slow Time Perception, Brainstorming and various other techniques to give yourself 2^n hours of intense thinking, n being the amount of potions you drink
  • They guy proposed using Foresight to read the results of this thinking session before it happened, then use Detect Lies to confirm it
  • Pour potions into the Holding Space, then summon whichever one you need directly into your throat for easy drinking
  • Used Water Walking to apply to any direction in Earth's atmosphere
  • He also mentioned shape-shifting yourself or your clone into whatever kind of being Reality is, but eh, seems like a lot of creative interpretation.