Aranor--The Hunters

To Feedback: It won't be too late to make characters for a very long time. So you're good. And thank you.

To SheWolf: Having multiple facets to a character (even one you're planning on offing somehow) just makes things more interesting, and makes the world feel more real. Just a note, though, that I missed earlier--holding Kozche's bow is literally holding his soul. I suppose the young one doesn't have a choice in the matter, so it makes sense all the same. Also, he is capable (though it's up to you whether he's ever done so or not) of speaking "through" the weapon, soul-to-soul communication that isn't very different from telepathy, only it's just between him and whoever's holding the bow.

To everyone: I'll get things started sometime this week, or at the latest, early next week. This week is finals and projects due and all that, so I'm a little pressed for time. I've also been hooked by an awesome game recently, but I should really take time out from it or It'll be over too soon!

About time a human was introduced. Still, How about another one? How's this for a second character:
Name: Salya Dergrimst
Race: Deluded Blood (mostly human with one magical being far back in the ancestry)
Appearance: She looks completely human. Her hair is red with blond streaks. She likes to fasten it up in a braid to keep it out of her face. Her eyes are yellow-orange like a campfire. She has full lips and a slender, agile, figure. She wears numerous belts and straps for holding her weapons; they're concealed beneath her street clothes. She wears tights, knee-high boots, and a long-sleeved shirt, covering her tight, sleeveless one underneath.
Weapon: Works with knives. A lot of knives. Each one of these manyblades is coated in sharpened flint.
Magic: Fire. She can't start one, and barely has any control, but she can make them grow in size, whether on purpose or by accident. That's why her blades are covered in flint. she sends off sparks that turn into a jet of flame. It deminishes her strength, though, so she can only do it so many times.
Personality: She has a problem with authority, which is in fact the cause of her current situation. She makes it her mission to get under Naieda and Osiris' skins, being that they're the oldest. She also tries to be friends with Andraia, and seems almost afraid of Kozche. (Sorry if I misspelled)
Motivation: Her motivation is simple: she does a good job, she gets amnesty for her past crimes
History: Raised in the slums, she resorted to taking what she wanted or needed to survive. She was very good at doing this, and made very well for herself. Until she got caught. Now she has to be a good girl, or face the chopping block.

Okay. Salya's good.

Though Naeida's group isn't officially organized by the government, I can imagine some sort of scene where the town guard caught Salya for about the fiftieth time and noticed one of the posters, and offered that or execution (or forced labor, whatever) as her options. Does that work for you?

Yeah. That works fine. Would I have to make the guard a character or an NPC, because I thought the rest of the group would be made to be unofficial parole officers for her. (Osiris would take most of the responsibillity, so don't worry about her dragging too many people down)

Just using Osiris would work. The aforementioned scene could include him, if you'd like.
The guards don't have to appear at all, since the story begins in a tavern where everyone meets, and then it's going to skip a couple of days of preparation and go straight to leaving town. I actually came up with an idea recently on how they get their first mission.

So what your suggesting is, he catches her, offers her a chance to redeem herself, and takes her with him? It would definitely make it interesting. And I could create some conflict between them that doesn't just have to do with Osiris being a half/elf.

You can do that if you want. It's your characters. I was just giving general suggestions and looking for slightly more specific information so that I would know what Naieda should know about the situation.

Okay. Next question: do the characters agree to meet before they get together, or is it more of a help wanted poster kind of thing, and they were the only ones who applied?

Pretty much this is the situation: There were some papers up by royal decree, offering a reward and such, and sometime after that Naieda put a paper in a few of the same places asking a group to meet at a certain tavern at a certain date and time who were interested in forming a party to answer it.
So nobody's met yet, unless they have by other means.

Sorry, I really meant to mention that somewhere. -__-

Oh. Okay. So no one will expecting either of them. Osiris will explain what Salya's doing with him regardless, which may cause the others to be wary of him by association. That is, excluding those who know or at least have heard of him (if there are any)

Oh! Almost forgot. Unless I can figure something out, I won't be able to post until Wednesday after tonight. I can post later tonight, just not for a while afterwards.

That's okay. The IC will probably not be up till...Sunday anyway. 'Cause I've got exams tomorrow and the next day, and a big project, and I'm moving out of the dorm on Saturday...
So yeah.

And there probably won't be too many posts in just a few days.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, I know, it's...not Sunday anymore, most places. I got a new game today and got distracted by it. And now I'm really sleepy.

So I'm making the IC tomorrow, early afternoon at the latest. Promise!!!

Edit: And if I don't, I'll start beating my head against a wall or something as punishment. Deal?

Edit II: It's up! here it is! Go get it. Please.

I think I should wait until the other characters introduce themselves. Mine end up arriving late, after all.

Well, the idea is that Naieda waited until everyone was there to say anything at all. Even the latest ones should already be there...technically.

Oh. Okay. Give me a bit...There! How's that?

It's good..but...please don't talk for my character(s) in the future. What you wrote isn't entirely out-of-character for her, but I'd rather not run that risk. I tend to choose my characters' words and actions rather carefully, and even in this case, might indicate a change to it in a future post.

If you need another person's character to say or do something, it's generally better to ask in a PM or whatever...

SORRY! SORRY I'm still here! I've just been stressing like crazy over my final but it's done so I'll post soon I promise!

Oh. Sorry. I thought that a brief word would be okay. Won't happen again

TZS, perfectly understandable. :)

Quiet One: Okay. Sorry I'm so...ticky.

Okay...I guess. Hope my new posts aren't "ticky" worthy, whatever that means.