Aranor--The Hunters

Eh... That was not the picture i meant to link to. It works though. His hair is black. He normally just keeps it scraped into a ponytail to get it out of his face. If this does go to archive let me know when you get it out again.

I know I'm kinda new here, but this looks cool. I have an idea in mind already, but I gotta ask: what exactly will the characters be doing? Is it like monster hunting, or is it just protecting Aranor's citizens?

There will be battles against monsters, protection of citizens, and the overarching plot will probably involve fighting some dragon-worshipers as well.
And that's, honestly, as far ahead as I've thought just now. I like being a little open.

I don't know why, but I tried four times to post a character sheet and every time I tried I got logged out. I'm not sure if I can post too much.

Um...dunno what to say...
(let's think...what to do...)

BLAME DIANA!
or...complain to her.

And...I suggest saving your character sheet to a TXT file if you haven't already, so you don't have to rewrite it. Actually, if it's a time-out issue, saving the text and then copy-pasting might resolve it in this case.

(Maybe...have you confirmed your e-mail to the account yet?)

well it's got my attention, i'll post a character sheet later on today while i'm at work

I think so...I was given a link in an email, so I thought I was good. I'm gonna look around my info to see if I missed anything

I couldn't find anything. I'm gonna try again:
Name: Osiris Feelek
Race: Elfin/Human
Appearance: His eyes are pale grey, the kind of color reserved for the blind. He appears no older than 50, due to his slow aging. His ears are pointed and he maintains the elves' trim figure. His hair is short and sticks straight up in the air. It is grey, like his eyes. He wears grey pants and a grey buttoned tunic with white bands along the sleeves and collar. He keeps his feet bare.
Weapon: Prefers fighting close quarters. Is a master of hand-to-hand combat. Carries two steel palm braces for blocking enemy blades and a sword of his own at his side. It's thin, light-weight, and strong.
Magic: Sound. Can pick up distant noises others can't. He uses his magic to "see" his surroundings like sonar. He can also produce a sonic boom when he claps his hands or swings his sword that can prove fatal.
Personality: Quiet and exceedingly patient. He waits for things to happen, instead of making things happen himself. He is very polite to those around him, but seems distant in his courtesy.
Motivation: With the exception of Naeida, he wants to see the warriors of the future in action and maybe help them along the way
History: He always aged slowly. For every 5 years that went by he'd age only 1. His mother died in an Elfin village of old age before he grew past an 8-year-old body. He then went into the military to train the soldiers who fought in the Dragon War. He saw some action himself, but his main impact was in instructing others. None of his troops really won the war, but they helped. He has been wandering Aranor ever since.

YES!YES!! SUCCESS!!! I don't know why now, but finally success! What do you think?

It's been brought to my attention just now...by my not being too lazy to look...I left out the "defect" field that's quite needed, with some cross-bred folk in the party. I've added it now.

Though Osiris, like the other crossbred character, already has that written in--aging works for a defect with immortal races.
Anyway, great character, accepted.

(Also, I just fixed Naieda's "motivation" section. It was kinda left over from an older version of this idea which was never posted. Now it should make more sense.)

To everyone still following this RP who's had a character accepted: Do you want to start, or wait/look for more joiners?

Actually, his blindness was supposed to be the defect, he just worked around it with his magic. Though I suppose the aging could count, too. Oh, and I forgot to put personality before, so I just edited the post.

I...completely missed that he was blind. Heh. Anyway, that's perfectly fine. I can suppose he picked up the ability to interpret sound like sonar over many years of training or something.

I guess I should have made the blind thing a little clearer, but yes, he trained with his senses for near twenty years to pick up his sonar ability.

Right. And, what d'you think in regard to my question? Should we start with three characters and hope more join, or continue promoting and waiting for more?

Hm, Well, I'm working on getting you a forth character (once she gets her interwebs fixed) but It's up to you. You can always leave the "Join any time" tag on it.

I agree with SheWolf. You can start with a small number and slowly build. Random travelers makes everything fun, right? (how many characters CAN we make?)

Uh that is a very good question because my character is kinda stuck with an NPC for now. Garreth isn't a character but he's Kozche's guardian so he's the hunter- even though Kozche is the character. He's more like the apprentice, if the party needs a healer, until I can find a way to get rid of Garreth and get Kozche his bow back.

Does that count as playing two characters?

I'd recommend making a sheet for Garreth and calling him a character...There isn't a limit as such to number of characters, just don't go overboard. 1-4 a person is a good range, so that even if there's only four or five players there can be a good bunch to have stuff happen with.

Technically, Naeida works as a healer, but you can never have too many of those... You can have too many warriors, or mages, or archers, or leaders, but never too many healers.

Reactions: 1 person
so i said that i was working on a character sheet for this one, and yeah that was a total lie lol i haven't gotten around to it cuz i've been doodling away drawing up certain characters just for the hell of it and possible future RP use and i think i have one i'm going to apply to this thread so as soon as i'm done with my little sketches i'll have a sheet up in no time so i hope i can still make it on the list here :)

Well, maybe not a healer, but his shadows are kick butt at soothing pain. Call him... the anesthetist.

So, Garreth:

Name: Garreth Raund
Race: Human
Appearance: http://severeene.deviantart.com/art/Viking-Warrior-20110376

Weapon: A sturdy broadsword, and Kozche's soul-forge bow. He is a master of both weapons and a fierce brawler.

Magic: A few little charms and amulets, the type you can buy in a market, not much else. (If he purchase a spell you'll know what it is in game- and it's nothing big.)

Personality: Gruff. He isn't heartless but he's a warrior, not a parent. He bears the dragons great hatred for the death of his family and takes this out mostly on Kozche, who he honestly believes is half Dragon. He might realize other-wise if he devoted any thought to it while he was sober.

Motivation: Pay for his next round (and to finance future hunts) and glory of the hunt. He doesn't have anything else to live for.

History: A hunter by trade, when his wife and son were killed by Dragons he turned to slaying them specifically. During the final years the Dragons plagued the lands he was sold a very young Kozche as a curiosity of sorts. He hates what he believes the boy to be, but being around the age of his own lost son he has trouble hating the child himself. Not that you'd notice.

Dammit here I was going for a basically 2-D character and I had to give him feelings. Blaaaaagh. I think I feel dirty.