Aquarius [N0VA™ & IndiePrincess]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shake me head. "I'm not a mermaid," I said, a bit annoyed. "I'm a Nereid, and 'mermaids' can't come out of the water. Well, a few can, but it isn't a very common skill and the ones who can do it are looked down upon by others. It's considered improper and impure. It was nice to meet you, human." And with that, she slipped back into the water and tore away. At the rate she was going, he'd have to move faster than even a machine would enable him to catch him, and that was after he got up and into the water at all. She didn't stop at the reef this time, but continued down and deeper into the water, til she was miles and miles away. She kept going until she was at the palace in the heart of Nereidna, where she spent the next few days pretending as if nothing had happened, not daring to go near the surface.

(let's skip a few days, and have them run into each other in the jungle)

It must have been a few days since I last met that mermaid... I have been visiting the beach almost every two days, haven't found a sign of her even since. I stuck to moving through the jungle... I met one of those creatures the mermaid was talking about, dispatched them with ease, but she was right without the suit it would be alot hared but possible. I have been moving through the jungle daily, searching for some animals and herding them at the base... I needed to sustain myself and the base was capable of housing said animals; I was impressed the architects thought of everything when they built the base. I was searching through the jungle again, I had my weapon in my hand and a backpack on my back, carefully I was hunting for those creatures it turns out they have such tasty meat "Boy, right now any company would be good it's so boring. I wonder where that mermaid went?" I continued to walk through the jungle.

I walk cautiously along the shoreline, testing out my newfound legs. I'm unsteady on my feet, and fall over a few times, but I'm getting the hand of it. My body is used to propelling around with a tail, not with feet. The sand feels weird between my toes, and I walk slowly in a line, one foot in front of the other. My brow is creased in concentration, my arms held out a bit to my sides to help me balance. I try and walk a bit faster, but my foot lands in a pocket of uneven sand and I fall over, my arms flailing wildly in the air. I land on my hands and knees, and brush my hair off my face, which spreads sand on my cheek and forehead. I try to get up, but I lose balance again and land back on my knees in the sand. I sigh, and sit back on my legs. This is a lot harder than the human made it look.

I walked through the jungle for hours managing to get about four large chunks of meat from four of those creatures, the mermaid made those things look like they were really scary... it was funny hunting them down. I stored the meat in coolers in my vehicle and continued to the beach, perhaps I could catch some fish today... maybe for a few days worth if I am extremely lucky. I got into the SUV and drove to the beach, just as I crossed the smallish hill I could see the beach and the mermaid; I stopped the car close to her and got out. She transformed her tail into legs and was sitting on the beach, I chuckled at her... it seemed like she hasn't yet mastered how to walk on ground "Having trouble?" I approached her and knelt beside her.

When I hear the voice I get to me feet quickly, too quickly, and fall on my back. I back away, away from his outstretchd arm and smiling face. I don't want him to touch me. I don't know anything about his species, and for all I know his skin could be poisonous to me. It's not worth the risk. I don't say anything, just avert my eyes from his, looking at the sand and the jungle to my left

I smiled at her reaction, she was like a little child taking her first steps into the world... I took of my helmet for the first time in this world and placed it on the sand next to me, I then extended my arm to her "Come on let me help you... I won't hurt you I promise. I'm harmless at this moment... come on." I smiled at her as I tried to help her... I could only do it if she would let me do it.

((Jacob's Appearance: [spoili]
Chris-Hemsworth-by-Michael-Muller-600x899.jpg
[/spoili]))

(( I'm on my iPad right now so I'll add a pic later))

I look down at his outstretched hand, and hesitantly reach my own out to meet it. When my hand comes into contact with his, ever so slightly, I quickly pull it back, the texture of the suit no one I've felt before. I cradle the hand to my chest, still scared, though I'm not sure what of. I look at him for a moment, before reaching my hand back out and placing it in his own larger gloved one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I smiled at her as I looked at her reaction, I could feel that she was scared of me for some unknown reason "Your hand is so tiny in comparison to mine... you have such thin fingers as well" I started laughing softly "See, everything is alright; do you want to try and stand up now?" I stood up and smiled at her as I looked down... she was funny for some odd reason, like Bambi taking his first steps.

I say nothing, just look down and nod. I allow him to pull me to my feet, but I think I'm lighter without the tail than he expected because he pulls a bit too hard and instead of being placed on my feet I plow right into him, clutching his shoulder so I don't fall again, my other hand still entwined in his. I'm breathing hard, a mix of adrenaline and already being worn out from my previous activities, and I can feel my heart racing in my chest.

She was lighter than I thought and I pulled her up a bit too much I smiled at her as I placed down on the ground. I placed one hand around her back to keep her from falling when she was walking "Come on let's go... step by step... you will learn in no time. Like a baby taking his first steps. " I chuckled at her as she started to walk, I noticed her heart was beating was; probably because it was her first time on shore, I smiled at her.

"Thanks," I say, smiling up at him. "I've tried to do this a few times on my own before, but it never really worked out. It's just so..." I struggle to find the right word. "... Unnatural. Mermaids, as you call them, weren't meant to walk on two legs. And if you're rare enough to have the ability to, you hide it. Among the nereids, it's not something to be proud of. Especially if you're a daughter of the great sea king Trokloreon, which I am." The hand on my back steadies me, and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of walking.

Interesting I thought to myself as I helped her walk "So your a mermaid princess right?" I chuckled at her "I'm sure it's not that bad of a thing... from where I come we have 1 trillion people that walk on two legs; it's just daily life for us. Also we drive in vehicles... if you look at that big metal thing over there, that's a vehicle" he pointed over to his SUV as he kept helping her walk... "Let me see you walk on your own, don't be scared I will be right behind you in case you fall" I smiled at her as I let her go, I walked behind her in case she fell down again.

"What does the vehicle do?" I ask curiously, "and what is driving?" I turn to look over my shoulder. When I do, I trip over a stick I hadn't noticed, but I catch myself before I fall. I turn back to look in front of me. I'll just have to talk without looking at him. It was probably a good thing he was standing behind me.

I smiled at her question "A vehicle is a thing which takes you places faster. It basically gets you from point A to point B very faster and safer. And driving is the means of driving the vehicle, without me to drive we cannot use the vehicle." I smiled at her again, as I saw trip on a stick... I rushed towards her but seeing her get up on her feet alone I backed off again "Perhaps once you learn how to walk I can take you for a drive in the vehicle?" I chuckled

"That makes sense," I say, "I suppose." I don't really believe it though. Walking is just as good as using a vehicle, which to me just seems lazy. "We don't have to wait to use it. If I just have to sit there while you drive, I don't need to be able to walk well. We can practice later."

I looked at her with crossed arms "Practice a little more then we will go to my base... or should I say my home" I chuckled as I walked over to the where I dropped my helmet... I picked it up and put it back on my face, it clicked back into it's place and attached itself to the suit again covering my whole body with the nano-fiber. I turned around and started walking towards the SUV, I jumped on the hood of it and watched her as she walked "When you will be able to run to the water and back here, then we will go" I chuckled at her.

I look at him, perplexed by this new term. He seems to keep forgetting that humans have different words than my race. Whatever this 'running' thing is, it's not something you can do in the water with a tail. "What is running?" I ask. "Is it different from walking?"

I put my palm on my face and shook my head "Really? You must know just a little bit about human things." I got off the SUV and ran over to her "That's running, now can you... do it?" I chuckled at her "Now come one practice a little bit more and we will go to my home after that" I smiled and got back to my SUV

I frown, annoyed at this. "And how would I? It's not as if humans are a species I am familiar with. Before you, I'd neither seen nor heard of a human before." He's the one that came to my planet, unknown to him and without help, and yet he assumes that I should have heard of his species.

He comes over to me, much like walking but faster and with his arms bent and swinging. "That's running? " I say, skeptical of the idea. "I can't go that fast. I'll fall over again, and probably hurt myself."

Smiling under my mask I look at her "You can transmorf into one correct?" I said "Then how have you not known of this?" I chuckled before walking towards her "Let me help you out with your walking." I extended my hands towards her "Now try and walk, I will be here if you fall down."

Status
Not open for further replies.