Apprentices

Not sure if I have to post here in addition to my application before, but I'd be willing to be a Master :)

I've taken up working on my world again and need help in multiple areas.

-What I have is a fantasy world with magic as its oceans and core. I would like some help in fine-tuning how magic works, since I don't normally use it.

- I have several species down and their religious places, but not their cities/towns/countries as a whole. I would like some help with culture and fine-tune the history.

- I have a basic understanding of geography, but wouldn't mind having someone look at it for me.

I appreciate you taking the time to look this over and hope I'm not asking for too much

This looks to be like a very good idea, I shall defiantly be hanging around.
Anyways what I need help with, well to start I do have a world that I have been forming for a while now. It is an advanced alien civilization based in the distanct future (incorralation with Earth). Overall it is getting to be pretty fleshed out as I have spent a good deal off time thinking about this world however it does need a lot of improvement; while I have a bit of the social structure worked out the culture is lacking, my brain started from the top of the social stratosphere and now is having a hard time working out what the common person does on the planet. At this point I do have a religion in place however I am unsure what to do about the ceremonies and other religious happenings. My general geography is shaky as I filled the world in in chunks and am having a hard time tying all the parts together. History I only have a few distinct points with not a lot of the details worked out. And ya that is pretty much it.
Just a fair warning I think very visually so I actually can picture this world in my head and I realize that something that is crystal clear to me might not be obvious to other people so just tell me if I am being confusing.

I will do my best to get you a Master ASAP to help you out!

Thanks Revision, take your time I just kind of need someone with more experience who I can run ideas by when my brain is no longer making coherent sense.

I have no experience with world building whatsoever.. but I've recently started a 1x1 fantasy rp, based on a world we're both creating bit by bit. So, it would be really awesome if I could get someone to discuss some ideas on race, factions, politics, and etc,. Specifically, I'd like help with mapping my world, (in the rp we're about to be journeying pretty soon). I'd say that's the major thing right now.

Hey there [MENTION=4237]azure_night[/MENTION]. Revi asked me to take over the guild while she's gone. I -am- the fantasy master, so, I can take on another apprentice. Send me a PM and we'll take it from there.

To be honest, I am not a building a world type. The setting is already there, like a forest and everyone just place whatever they fancy in it. I would really like to try this new experience, building worlds by different eras and their histories and not just role playing on just one base of a setting. I played Fantasy, but again just one-word setting, like a mansion, or a high school.

I would really like to take this opportunity to give this a shot. So please take care of me.

Thank you.

I've never really even known what 'world-building' was until now, but I'd seriously like some crash-course lessons on how to build a world. Like right now, I'm trying to figure out what kind kind of world I should have for a thread of mine, but I don't know what should be really detailed and what can be skimmed.