Applegate House

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cyline

Original poster
Welcome to Merriam Boarding School, located in the small town of Venice, Maine. Merriam is a school well-known for its academics as well as its athletics and arts. In general, Merriam is rated as one of the top schools in the country. Although the majority of the school's populace is in the upper class, there are many scholarship students, with scholarships for academics, the arts, and athletics.
Like many boarding schools, Merriam is divided into separate houses. These houses are well-known for their rivalries against each other. Each of the houses are given Points based off of the residents' achievements throughout the year. The house with the most Points at the end of the year is given an all expense paid trip to the Bahamas as well as guaranteed the best dorms the next year, complete with everything a teenager could want.
However, there is one house that hasn't ever won the Point Game. The house's official name is the Applegate House, but it is often called the Outcast House. Who knows, though? This might be the year they win the Point Game.
Nobel Graceland
Reserved Female I
Paxton Sebastian
Like all houses, Applegate House consists of ten dorms, containing a total of twenty students: ten females and ten males. It is the farthest house from the school's main building, making it difficult for students to make it on time. Many residents own bicycles or skateboards to help them get to the school faster.
massachusetts-09.jpg
Each dorm room has two beds, two wardrobes, and two desks. Students may decorate their rooms as they wish, including painting the walls and putting down rugs. Students are not permitted to use wallpaper or carpet unless they remove it by the end of their senior year. Cleanliness Checks are conducted in a biweekly basis and without warning. The house with the cleanest building is given 45 extra points. Each house that is up to code is given 20 points. Any houses under code will lose 10 points.
dorm+room+18.jpg
The school uniforms are required. Previous winning houses are allowed to alter their uniforms. Any other house resident found with an altered uniform will be reprimanded and told to change, as well as cost their house 5 points. Any socks, stockings, or tights are allowed as long as they do not contain holes or vulgarity, this applies to ties and bow ties as well. Black, brown, or white shoes are required, but it doesn't not matter what style of shoe they are. Boys may have one button undone on their shirt, but girls must be buttoned up all the way. Girls are required to wear skirts at all times, with the exception of any physical activity. During Physical Education, any PE activity, or sport, students are required to wear the school-issued clothing.
inuyasha_school_uniforms_by_rozen258-d54g3jb.png

natsugaoka___uniform_gym_by_yurikax3chan-d6eeikd.png
Merriam Boarding School prides itself in its vast and diverse academics. The school provides all basic needs as well as in-depth needs, which can be considered college level courses. Students pick one from each of the required courses and there is a total of seven classes each day, not including Zero Hour, which is held one hour before school starts. All scholarship students are required to take at least one AP or advanced course each year and all students are required to take a foreign language in either their Freshman or Sophomore years and all students are required to take one PE class.
9th Grade//Freshmen
Math:
Consumer Math
Algebra I
Algebra II {Advanced}
Language Arts:
English I
AP English I
Science:
Physics I
Earth Science
AP Physics I
AP Earth Science
Social Studies:
Geography
World History
Government
AP Geography
AP World History
AP Government
Foreign Language:
Spanish I
Japanese I
French I
Italian I
Mandarin Chinese I
Greek I
10th Grade//Sophomore
Math:
Algebra II
Geometry
Pre-Calculus {Advanced}
Language Arts:
English II
AP English II
Science:
Biology I
AP Biology I
Physics II
AP Physics II
Social Studies:
World History II
AP World History II
Government II
AP Government II
Foreign Language:
Spanish I//Spanish II
Japanese I//Japanese II
French I//French II
Italian I//Italian II
Mandarin Chinese I//Mandarin Chinese II
Greek I//Greek II
11th Grade//Juniors
Math:
Geometry
Pre Calculus
Business Math
Calculus
Language Arts:
American Literature and Advanced Composition {Advanced}
Basic English III
Science:
Chemistry
AP Chemistry
Biology II
AP Biology II
Social Studies:
U.S. History I
AP U.S. History I
Foreign Language: {Optional}
Spanish II//Advanced Spanish
Japanese II//Advanced Japanese
French II//Advanced French
Italian II//Advanced Italian
Mandarin Chinese II//Advanced Mandarin Chinese
Greek II//Advanced Greek
12th Grade//Seniors
Math:
Calculus
AP Calculus
Trigonometry {Advanced}
Language Arts:
English IV
AP English IV
Science: {Optional}
Chemistry II
AP Chemistry II
Social Studies:
Economics
Sociology
Psychology
AP Economics
AP Sociology
AP Psychology
Foreign Language: {Optional}
Advanced Spanish
Advanced Japanese
Advanced French
Advanced Italian
Advanced Mandarin Chinese
Advanced Greek
Electives
{Freshman: 2; Sophomores: 2; Juniors: 3; Seniors: 4}
Creative Writing
Advanced Creative Writing
Journalism
Advanced Journalism
Computer Science
Advanced Computer Science
Home Economics
Auto Mechanics
Horseback Riding
Woodshop//Carpentry
Choir
Advanced Choir
Marching Band
Orchestra
Jazz Band
Music Producing
Dance
Advanced Dance
Art I
Sculpting I
Art II
Sculpting II
AP Art
AP Sculpting
Engineering
Physical Education
Advanced Physical Education
Yoga
Pilates
Yearbook
Every student is required to join three clubs each year, unless they participate in sports. Each club will have one elected president and one teacher advisor. Clubs will
receive funding based on how many awards and/or accomplishments they have made throughout the year. Note that all meeting days are subject to change.
Monday
Book Club
Creative Writing
Chess Club
Drill Team
French Club
Bible Club {Not Funded By the School}
School Play

Tuesday
Gay-Straight Alliance
Mathletes
Debate Team
A capella Choir
Art Club
Cooking Club
School Paper

Wednesday
Computer Club
All Strings Orchestra
Show Choir {May Be Subject To Change}
Pre-Med Training {Actual Pre-Med Training}
Student Government

Thursday
Rock Music Club
Art Club
Drill Team
School Play
All Brass Band

Friday
Student Government
School Paper
Chess Club
All Strings Orchestra
School Play

Weekend
Saturday: Student Government
Sunday: Bible Club
Sunday: On-Campus Church
Saturday: School Paper
Saturday: School Play
Merriam has a large variety of competing sports teams with some of the best young athletes in America. We pride ourselves in our athletic achievements and all first place individuals earn 60 points for every gold medal they win.
Fall
Football
Boys' Soccer
Volleyball
Cross Country

Winter
Basketball
Girls' Soccer
Ice Hockey
Ice Skating
Golf

Spring
Swimming
Golf
Softball
Baseball
Track and Field
Tennis

Year-Long
Competitive Dance
Gymnastics
Cheerleading
Bowling

Realistic Picture of Your Character
Name:
Nickname(s):
Grade:
Scholarship Student or Not?:
Mode of Transportation: {How do they get to the main building? Skateboard? Bicycle? Walking? Cars are not allowed on campus}
Schedule: {Seven Classes}
Dorm Number: {Don't worry about this, I'll assign it to you}
Apparel: {What you wear on the weekends or similar to how you personalize your uniform}
Clubs/Sports:
Crush:
Personality:
Bio: {One paragraph}
Other: {Anything else? No animals allowed in the dorms.}

~No god-modding
~Please, at least three sentences per post.
~No *walks to school*. Please have complete sentences.
~Cussing is allowed, as long as it isn't done excessively. Anyone caught cussing in class will loose 5 points for their house.
~To prove you read these rules, put "Applegate is Truth" somewhere in your CS.
~Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
2aed8e8133e87cf46017c092922ba440.jpg
Applegate is Truth
Name: Nobel Graceland
Grade: 12th~Senior
Sexuality: Bisexual
Scholarship Student or Not?: Scholarship Student
Mode of Transportation: Bicycle
Schedule: 1: Orchestra
2: AP English IV
3: Advanced Creative Writing
Lunch
4: Trigonometry
5: AP Psychology
6: AP Chemistry
7: Advanced Computer Science
Dorm Number: {Don't worry about this, I'll assign it to you}
Apparel:
{Will be edited as the story progresses}
Uniform Alterations
Weekend Clothing
Weekend Clothing
Weekend Clothing
Clubs/Sports:
Creative Writing: Monday
Computer Club: Wednesday
A Capella Choir: Tuesday
In the spring, she plays tennis.
Crush: None yet...
Personality: She is a distanced girl that has a hard time paying attention to anything for too long. She is quiet, stating things quite bluntly at times, usually forgetting how it will affect people's emotions. This makes it difficult to make friends along with her inability to fully trust people. She keeps up an emotionless facade, sometimes scaring people away or leading them to believe she thinks she's better than all of them. She is also loyal and trustworthy, never turning her back on those her need her. Because she is quiet and is very observant, noticing things other people brush off. If she puts her mind to something, she is not easily deterred. Sometimes, she can be a bit boring, spending the majority of her time lost in thought, observing, or reading. Because she always has a book on her, she tends to use it as a blunt weapon when people are being idiots or right before a fight gets too physical. She has a certain weakness for helpless animals and often times stops to help them (they always seem to trust her). Nobel is multi-talented, learning quickly. She is an average student, though she could be top in her class if she tried (same with athletics).
Bio:
When Nobel was very young, she was abandoned by her parents and taken in by their cousins, Tallia and Nick Graceland. Although they were very loving and cared a great deal about Nobel, they were frequently preoccupied with their jobs in the military. From a young age, Nobel was shown to be intelligent and a quick learner. She fell in love with playing tennis and singing and Tallia and Nick embraced her appreciation for extracurricular activities by placing her in classes. They were not extremely wealthy, but Nobel was their only charge, so they had no problem affording them, along with a nanny for Nobel. Unfortunately, Nobel did not seem to make friends easily. In fact, many of the kids bullied her, taking advantage of her small stature and gentle disposition. Nobel turned to books and animals to shoo away her craving for friends. When she was in eighth grade, Nobel had a discussion with her foster parents about Merriam. They were reluctant at first, but finally agreed. Nobel sent in her scholarship submission and was given a reply four weeks later. To her surprise, she'd been accepted into the school and into Applegate House. She is determined for Applegate to win the Point Game before she graduates.
Other:
Because her foster parents are in the military, Nobel knows basic MMA and karate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MV5BMTQwNTk5OTQ4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTIwMzQwMDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Applegate is Truth
Name: Paxton Sebastian
Nickname: Pax
Grade: 9th-Freshman
Sexuality: Closet Homosexual
Scholarship Student or Not?: No
Mode of Transportation: Walking
Schedule:
1: World History
2: French I
3: Physics I
Lunch
4: Art I
5: English I
6: Advanced Physical Education
7: Algebra I
Dorm Number:
Apparel:
Weekend Clothes
Clubs/Sports:
School Play
Art Club
Rock Music Club
Crush: N/A
Personality: He's usually a very cheerful and optimistic individual in spite of his past hardships and misgivings. Actually, it is because of his past that he's much more understanding and considerate of others, though he's also grown a protective streak as a result of losing those he loved when he was younger, having grown determined to protect those he loves and cares about even at the expense of his own well-being. Pax usually hopes for the best in a bad situation and has a tendency to make light of serious situations, but he, himself, can admit when things are bad and knows when action needs to be taken. Pax is quite sociable and outgoing, willing to mingle and meet new people, and go to parties or hang out with friends in his freetime. In spite of this, he can be somewhat cold, aloof, and overall indifferent when around people he doesn't like, sometimes giving them the impression that he isn't a very good or bright person; however, his test grades show he is above average in intelligence, but he doesn't think of himself as being smart or superior to others. Pax is very nice, caring, easy-going, and even a bit restless, rarely ever seeming tired or drained unless having exerted a lot of energy. He doesn't like to see other people upset and he will try to cheer them up, unless they are someone he dislikes. Pax doesn't care much for conflict. He prefers to think things through and plan out what to do, being more level-headed than most boys his age.
Bio:
Pax was born to an average man and woman by the names of Ken and Mary. The first couple years of his life were happy, normal. Then, Ken got laid off. He started drinking and, being the abusive drunk he is, started abusing Mary, who would only let it happen to make sure he didn't hurt Pax. Those three years were the worst of Pax's life. He was six when his mother met Grayson Sebastian, a wealthy lawyer. She began seeing him despite being married to Ken. Grayson treated Pax like his own son whenever they were together. It took a few years, but Grayson finally got Mary out of her marriage. Two months later, Grayson and Mary tied the knot. Pax was happy. He changed his last name to his step-father's and left behind all thoughts of his biological father. Last year, Grayson brought up Merriam, where he went for high school. To be honest, Paxton was happy to oblige. It was a great opportunity and if it made Grayson and his mom happy, it made him happy
too.​

Tyler-111025-02.jpg

Applegate is Truth
Name: Tyler Brendon-Skeie (Shay-uh)
Nickname(s): Ty, Shay
Grade: 11th - Junior
Sexuality: Homosexual
Scholarship Student Or Not: Yes
Mode of Transportation: Skateboard or Walking
Schedule: · Pre Calculus.
· American Literature and Advanced Composition.
· AP Biology II
· Lunch
· U.S History
· Advanced Creative Writing
· Home Economics
· Journalism
Dorm Number:
Apparel: Uniform Alterations
Weekend Clothes
Weekend Clothes
Club/Sports: Soccer, Ice Skating, Swimming
Crush: N/A
Personality: Tyler is still some what shy even after being at Merriam's for two years. He tends to be quiet and aloof toward new people. Those whom do know him, know that he is an open minded fun loving individual who is loyal to a fault to those he really cares for. He is very touchy and will use any excuse to make some type of physical contact with friends and family. Tyler is also fiercely protective of those whom are not as comfortable with their sexuality as he is because he was in the exact same position only two and a half years ago.
Bio: Tyler was born to a family of small town mechanics, Martha and James Brendon. He lived a relatively normal life. It was when he entered his first year of middle school that he realized he was different from the other guys. While they were interested in girls, he was attracted to other guys. He was so startled by this realization that he began closing himself off from other people. In doing so he focused more on his studies, which made him realize his love for writing. Writing stories and poems became his greatest outlet. In his eighth grade year, he finally came to terms with his homosexuality enough to come out to his parents. His father welcomed him with open arms. His mother, on the other hand refused to believe that any child of hers' was gay. This lead to six straight months of fighting between his parents until James finally admitted that he, himself was bisexual. Martha was shocked and disgusted, immediately telling him that they were getting a divorce.

Two months after the divorce was finalised, James receiving full custody when Martha signed away her rights, James was remarried to an old childhood friend of his named Patrick Skeie. Meanwhile, Tyler was busy submitting his scholarship application to Merriam.
Other: Has three piercings, his ears, tongue and navel.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.