4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical

Contacts and Chats
Feel free to post here, direct message me, or join our discord server if you wish to chat with me and/or the rest of the gang. We are a pleasant bunch that enjoy new faces. To clarify: the rp will be on Iwaku and will not be on discord.
Discord Link: Discord Beasts and Preists

In Character Link: The Rp

Rp Information (feel free to ask questions)
Theme

The rp'ers will take on the roles of 'Apostles': warriors of might, magic, and cunning, in a world plagued by monsters, tyrants, and disaster. Tasked with various missions and assignments from the 'Abbot', the characters will go on adventures aiding those in need, learning more about the nature of their world, and discovering things about themselves and each other. In a quasi-medieval fantasy world, the times call for those with power to stand up for those who cannot. It is also dripping with wealth,mysteries, and treasure ripe for the taking.
Inspirational Media for Rp

peaceful_kingdom_by_andreasrocha600_869.jpg

Park-Jong-Wong-9.jpg

landscape_by_nimportant_d3v2ejb-fullview.jpg

Plot

This rp will focus on one particular group of Apostles and the quest given to them by the Abbot:
A powerful relic of old that was once safeguarded within the abbey has been taken. The suspected thief is an individual rumored to be in a nearby land. The Apostles must identify and locate the thief, subdue them, and retrieve the relic. Returning the relic to the Abbey is of the greatest importance, but subduing the thief should be done if possible, as well.

The nearby land is called Pinnacle, a very hilly and mountainous region. Heavily forested as well, it is said a people live hidden away and deep within. Such regions are prone to high concentrations of Chaos which results in catastrophe. How the Pinnacle people continue to live on, assuming they still live at all, is a mystery. However, the out of the way and dangerous nature of the place makes it ideal hiding place for criminals, and a place fit for few to enter besides Apostles. Equipped, supplied, and ready to head out, the Apostles would soon realize not everything was as it seems...
Expectations

The rp will have a mixture of serious and light hearted elements. Romance, Drama, and Action will likely come up. While there will be a main storyline that i'll attempt to push, rp'ers are encouraged to explore their characters and interact with each other as the rp progresses. In addition to typical action, adventure fare, I'll try to sprinkle in other elements for a more well rounded story. Feel free to suggest content or story directions. My storyline does have an ending and the rp will conclude when the story reaches that end. If the rp goes well, the characters and world my be used in future rp's.
Rp Rules

• Let Nova and/or your current rp partners know when you cannot post
  • I expect at least one good paragraph per post
  • Posts longer than a couple paragraphs must have a summary section that captures the main points of the post in a concise way
  • While this rp will not use a strict posting order, my posts will generally mark the passage of time and posting rounds
  • Characters are assumed to be working together towards common goals and should never come into a deadly conflict with each other. Those who wish to do so anyway must have agreement of all parties involved.
  • Attacks and actions against normal humans and low ranking enemies are assumed to succeed or fail at your discretion. I'll decide the outcome specifically for named npc's.
  • Powerplaying will not be allowed or supported. Characters that try to do something not supported by their character sheet or with the support of the party will fail and potentially have bad things happen as consequence.
  • Do not auto hit. Unless I give permission, I control whether or not a character's efforts to influence another character, substance, or entity in some way succeeds or not.
  • The more actions you perform in a post increases the chance of failure of one or more of those actions within that post.
  • Do not god mode with your character. If I say they are getting weak, tired, or injured, it is so. OOC or private message me if you would like to discuss how some ability, item, or effect I have forgotten makes it not so.
  • I control the time in the world. If it's night, then it is night until I say otherwise.
Character Creation Rules and Restrictions

• Characters must be shorter than 10' and taller than 2'
  • Characters must be one single form, not a collaboration of multiple bodies (frankenstein monster: okay, swarm of nanobats controlled by AI: not okay)
  • Characters must have a physical form. (ghosts and elementals with purely insubstantial bodies will not be accepted)
  • All characters must possess a heart or core that acts as an integral part of their physical form and power
  • Characters will be strong but are limited in scope and power. Do not try to create one that can do everything or has no need for a team.
  • Characters that can split apart or make copies of themselves that can act independently from them are less likely to be accepted.
  • All Npc's created by the character (ex: pets, family members, companions, etc) fall under my control during play and may not be directly controlled by the roleplayer.
  • Your character must be different from other characters in the rp.
  • Characters must have a humanoid form or access to a humanoid form.
  • The magic in this world is called 'Chaos' and all characters utilize it in some way.
  • No one is a fantasy nerd as much as you are. Do not assume you have access to all racial abilities of a creature without listing them simply because "I'm playing an elf and everyone knows what powers elves have"
  • long lived characters may be no older than 100 years.
  • Character skeletons must be filled out and messaged directly to Novama for approval and adding to the official character list
Character Skeleton

The Rp'er
Rp'er Name:
Posting Time Frame:
(typical time to expect a post for this character. Please include timezone.)(ex: 6-9pm est, 12-5pm bst, 900-1800 evt. )
Post Frequency: (How often you can post: multiple times a day, daily, every other day, etc..)

The Body
Character Name:
(character name and its pronunciation. ex: John ((jon)) )
Aliases/Titles/Nicknames: (other names your character may go by or you use to reference them)
Character Theme: (optional: a characters background music whenever they enter a scene)
Appearence: (image and/or word description here. Keep in mind the theme of the rp when choosing character images)
Age: (actual age or apparent age if they look different than they actually are)
Sex: (Male or Female. It in the cases of special fantasy races)
Height:
Weight:
Build:
(this describes their musculature: fat, toned, lean, lithe, muscular, etc..)
Race: (humans are most common. Other fantasy or made up races are allowed assuming it follows the rules. race should be described if they are not human. Any racial specific abilities or appearance they have should be connected to their Affinity)
Personality: (when people meet the character, what are their typical first impressions? ex: He's an angry man. She's a bitter, lonely woman. It's an annoying creature)
Peak: (choose one category your character excels in the most-
Influence- might, power, coercion, force
Resilience - sturdiness, fortitude, lifeforce, protection
Prescience - foresight, perception, knowledge, efficiency)
Valley: (choose one category your character least capable with-
Influence- might, power, coercion, force
Resilience - sturdiness, fortitude, lifeforce, protection
Prescience - foresight, perception, knowledge, efficiency)

The History
Connection:
(list a specific connection you have with another character and who the character is. This may be filled in later if you are the first character created)
Link to Abbey: (describe what binds you to the party and/or the Abbey now.)
Background: (What you did and/or who you were before joining the Abbey and becoming an Apostle of The Way.)

The Exceptions
Type:
(Choose a type of Chaos utilization to specialize in:
Mage - You primarily utilize the chaos in your surroundings to create magical effects.
Warrior - You primarily utilize the chaos within your own body to create magical effects.
Channeler - You wield chaos granted to you by another entity to create magical effects.)
Affinity: (choose a single word that all of your abilities and powers will be related to. It is your central theme and what will differentiate the character from all others. Ex: Fire, Water, Eyes, Sky, Protection, etc...)
Powers: (define what abilities, skills, knowledge, etc.. you can manifest with your Affinity. Anything not listed here is less likely to succeed in play.)
Skills: (list skills, weapon/armor/tool proficiencies, and spoken languages here, by default, all know a common language)
Glossary

• Abbot - An older man and veteran Apostle, he oversees the Abbey and hands out the missions to the Apostles. He also instructs Apostles in training in various studies and disciplines including the tenants of The Way.
  • The Way - A singular belief that there is a right and wrong way to live. This singular tenant has sprouted forth all other tenants and guidelines for the faith and its practitioners and is held as an absolute truth.
  • Chaos - Chaos is an energy like substance said to come from another dimension. It is was turns people and beasts into monsters, corrupts or morphs the landscape, and brings otherworldly fiends to the material plane. Chaos is also used by Apostles to perform a variety of inhuman feats. While useful and seemingly endless, there is no denying its sudden absence from the world would be a blessing.
  • The Abbey - The home of all Apostles and the residence of the Abbot, it is also the birth place of the The Way. Sitting on land not belonging to any one country, it is self sustaining and self governed. Should any one kingdom possess the Abbey, it would result in a war that would threaten the entire world. It is a safe haven for all who are weary and in need. Many individuals that find themselves with supernatural talents or curses go there to be tested for the Mark of The Way
  • Apostle - Graduate champions of the Abbey, these chaos wielding knights are said to be set apart at birth for the purposes of confronting the enemies of The Way and the many forms of Chaos. It is said that before they are born, their hearts are signed in blood by one who loves them most. It is then they acquire an Affinity. As they grow older, their Affinity manifests itself and most go to the Abbey to be tested for the Mark of The Way. Those shown to have The Mark are taken in by the Abbey to begin their training as Apostles. After many years, they go through a trial to demonstrate their studies' achievements.
  • Affinity - All Apostles have a heart or core that is the source of their power. On their hearts is a symbol and script representing the Affinity they have. Affinities can be any number of things from physical, tangible subjects like the elements to more abstract concepts like feelings and ideals. The Affinity naturally gives shape to the chaos around the Apostle making the chaos possible for the Apostle to wield.
  • Type - Apostles come in 3 major types (mage, warrior, channeler). A mage apostle is going to excel at molding the chaos around them into magical effects like spells. Common examples are balls of fire, lightning bolts, and other elemental phenomena. A warrior apostle specializes in utelizing the chaos within their own bodies to strengthen and morph their bodies. It is said that many varieties of monsters that were once human were once warrior apostles that allowed the chaos to consume them. Many warrior apostles demonstrate combat monk or bestial abilities to enhance their combat style. The last and more rare type of Apostle is the Channeler type. These Apostles are hand picked by a higher or lower force and are given a supply of Chaos to fuel very specific, patron related abilities. One famous example would be the Apostle that led a king's army into battle against a hoard of monsters encroaching on the city. The Apostle was able to use an ability that shone like the sun and empowered the nation's army to fight as if they were Apostles, themselves. While arguably the strongest, they are a rare breed, Channelers.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Epiphany
We mean you only 25% harm.

• Haha
Reactions: Mini
Aight, no one else is posting, so I'm gonna post a dramatic scene, maybe that'll get people to start posting. Sorry not sorry!

We are still here. Obviously

Well duh now. But no one had posted for a few days so I decided to get the ball rolling with an overly dramatic post.

Alright, letting people know on here, I'm going to have to bow out of this particular rp. Um...yeah. Sorry, taking Knell with me, goodbye!

She was a noble sacrifice.

She was the sacrifice that Nova used to let the rest of us escape.