Apostles of The Way (In Character)(Completed)

Novama

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
Online Availability
7pm-10pm est
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical
This is a fantasy adventure RP that follows a group of magic knights called 'Apostles' as they battle and persuade their way across the land in a quest to retrieve a stolen relic and see justice carried out.

If you wish to join us, have additional questions, or simply want to chat, you can find additional information and a link to our discord server in the first post of our OOC here:
Apostles of The Way (Out Of Character)

Reactions: The Last Curse
TL;DR
  • Shurik arrives late after only getting information about where the party had gone, not what they were doing. He offers the party one sentence and then follows them.
  • Shurik is described.
  • He nearly misses the other side of the chasm, but manages to catch a ledge and struggle his way up.
  • He is disoriented, has noticed the enemy, but has not drawn his weapon.
Shurik Plate 500.png

Shurik found quickly that he had some catching up to do with his designated party. It took him three tries to get the information he needed. By the third or fourth person he asked, Shurik could barely contain his exasperated voice. That unlucky person shrank and those around the scene decided it would best to take another route around. But he had finally asked the correct person and was sent in the direction of the mine to catch up with the other Apostles.

He wasted no time and barreled full speed towards the entrance of the mine and managed to make it to the doors before the large guards managed to close them and skidded to a stop just inside the cave. Shurik huffed, doubled over and placed his hands on his knees. He sucked in air and let it out in one long, slow hiss. "Almost… Missed… The… Fun…." He said between breaths. He inhaled one more deep breath and forced it out with a "Whew" before looking around at the party. Shurik let out a inward sigh and simply joined in the following the Foreman when the time came and ignored the fact that he was less than informed about what they were supposed to do here.

Shurik was a large 6'10" of muscle and bulk. His pitch black hair was pushed back and naturally spiked with fringe that fell on his forehead. Blue eyes gazed out at the party as Shurik glanced to each of them as they walked. His face was also covered by a well-groomed beard. He clad himself in scale mail with a dark green hooded cloak attached to the neck that flowed down his back. On top of the cloak was a massive sword just a few inches shorter than he and nearly 14" wide where the blade met the 'hilt'.

Shurik hopped into an empty kart behind the party and spread out, leaving room for one more if they decided they wanted to fit in with him. It was all he could do to turn his body in such a way that he could sit comfortably and fit the sword behind him. But as the rest filtered in and the train started moving, Shurik sunk into the seat and closed his eyes. He had nearly lulled off while listening to the Foreman and the clack of the cars down the track. He was abruptly awoken by the Dwarven curse.

Before it could click that they were in trouble, the sparks of the wheels gave way to Shurik feeling lighter than normal. As the carts sailed into the air and spilled their passengers out onto the other side or down into the chasm, Shurik noticed his cart was falling slightly shorter than the others. With no time to think, Shurik did the first thing he could come up with and pushed off as hard as he could from the cart and leaped for the other side. And as the cart smashed into the Chasm wall, so did Shurik. His head knocked off the hard stone and caused him to miss his first grasp at the lip of the cliff, but a hurried second strike found true and his fingers grasped at the lifesaving rock.

Shurik shook his head and brought himself back enough to get both hands on the edge and heave himself up away from the mouth of the chasm. He struggled with his strength, but finally managed to hoist himself over the lip and rolled onto his back just far enough away from the drop to be safe. He laid there, disoriented for a few moments.

His vision shook and blood trickled from where he had crashed, but nothing seemed broken and nothing felt exactly life-threateningly injured. Though the headache and muscle aches would be something to contend with later. He barely noticed the rest of the world until he heard someone else stir. He rolled over onto his stomach and watched as the skeletons entered the light of the Foreman's lost helm. "This keeps getting better… and better," He groaned pushing himself up onto his knees and tried to catch his breath yet again.

TLDR: Listened to the Foreman. Briefly spoke to Labra with a word of caution. Lirilel spoken to briefly before engaging the Undead.

Valeria looked to her side at the shuffle of light footsteps. She lifted the torch enough to see Labra collecting ingredients. The flicker of light cast over the dark of hair "Do not stop for mere ingredients. The darkness is not kind of those that stray too far from the rest of the flock. Mines are a treacherous place. Stay close, do not stray." At the last words and the dissolving image of the foreman, she turned to follow and climbed into a middle cart.​
The front and rear in her view. If she had to act quickly she would have access to both. The Okra listened to the words of the foreman. The geographic of the mine were of little interest to her. A tunnel no matter how deep does not concern one such as herself. The darkness cannot consume the light when it requires no source to keep the flame alight. The vessel she possessed required no sleep, nor sustenance. She could roam for as long as she desired it. An undead legion as suggested, a strong phrase. From one so small.​
The cart rattled as she considered it. A few risen dead could easily be dealt with. A few hundred, would prove to be a good number for the undead legion. Valeria did after all prefer a fair fight. The lights of the mine flickered across focused eyes, she braced at each turned a hand grasping the edge firmly, her body followed the flow of the carts direction.​
Her thoughts were interrupted at the suddenly, violent jolt to her cart she saw only briefly the broken tracks ahead but was not quick enough to react. Her cart was thrown asunder, and her body with it. For a moment she was air born, weightless. If her heart was beating it would be racing inside her chest. But instead her body rag dolled to the ground both of her arms came up to protect her face, as she slide briefly before coming to a stop. Her flesh was saved by the armour crashing into the rock.​
The Okra had little time to react too the situation as a warm body collided against Valeria. A grunt escaped her throat at the sudden impact. She was uninjured, a quick examination was a result of that answer. Her body was not so easily damaged but she found herself wondering whom had crashed into her. The words spoken above her were testament to the answer. Rivermore had used her as a cushion.​
It was then she moved her head slightly to examine the devastation of the wreckage, dark hair unfurled from its braid. She began to move. But a slight pressure on her rear stopped her movement. She glanced over her shoulder at the stricken look on Lirilel's face. She said nothing as the hand retracted and the woman with it. "No matter..." she started rising from the ground in one graceful motion. The dirt, and grim of the ground seemed to not exist on her body.​

Valeria noticed the undead and the condition of the foreman. She came to stand slightly ajar from Lirilel, a glance at the lack of weaponry gave her some degree of pleasure she could not name. "I am sure there have been others more unfortunate than I to be mauled suddenly by your grubby hand, Rivermore." With a tilt of her chin, a dash of arrogance flashed across her eyes "Are you missing something? your blade perhaps...Maybe if you had not done grasping other things. You would not have lost your weapon. Or maybe you are just that clumsy, and I am giving you too much credit."

The sound of the undead shuffling towards them drew a reflex of the drawing of her sword. The starlight silver of the blade unsheathed from the scabbard, the striking sound of metal cutting air as the point of the blade tipped towards the ground in an arc of precise swordsmanship. "For a demon. I am not impressed." Valeria stepped forward, her cape dancing behind long strides "Stay out of my way. Or better. Stay at the back, where it's safe."

Interactions:

@Huntress
@DrabiaTheKiller

Mentions

@Novama

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Novama and Huntress
TL;DR: Stella was happy to be included and went into the mines, although a bit afraid of whats to come. When Valeria stepped up she made sure that they weren't surrounded and prepares to fight.

Stella was practically grinning when she heard Knell say that they make a great team. Stella liked being included, although her pranks usually make people wary of her. However it is difficult for her to change her bad habit of playing tricks on people, her little devil inside her always urging her to cause more trouble. The smile stayed on her face as they headed towards the mines, but soon it faded when they reached the opening of it. She could feel it, even if she didn't focus, the chaos that was clouding the mines. It was cold, dark, and deadly, the magic completely different from what they had encountered before. She gulped, and followed the others into the minecart while keeping her eye open.

The clanking of the wheels and the voices of her teammates was noise to her, her mind racing at the thought of these monsters they were about to face. This seemed way more serious that she'd ever expect, and a certain fear enveloped her. She tried her best to be calm, or at least appear that way, but the cart darting out of the tracks caused her to yelp at the sudden thrust, her body amongst the others flying out and down onto the ground. She managed to react rather quickly and shielded herself with her hands and arms, scratching them in the process. Right after the fall she groaned and pushed herself to stand, watching the team do so one by one.

Stella had been completely distracted, and did not notice the undead that was heading towards them until Valeria had spoken about it. Turning her eyes to it, she let out a small gasp, loud enough that the people near her would hear it. Valeria had stepped forward and asked for them to stay behind, and Stella felt grateful for Valeria and her words to keep her sane. She didn't know why, but the mines had been causing her to freak out, and having a rational minded person like Valeria helps her keep her cool. Stella took a deep breath and scanned her surroundings, making sure that they wouldn't end up being surrounded.

Mentions: Knell @chaosheart13 ,Valeria @Agonite , NPCs @Novama ,Everyone in the group

TLDR:
- Althea replies to those that spoke to her
- The minecarts were fun until the end
- Healing Dust is cast
- Althea assesses the situation

"Right, you were the one that could control the plants, right?" she asked Diana. "I'm Althea. It's very nice to meet you!"

Diana seemed nice enough, but she seemed pale and unwell.

"You look a bit pale... we can slow our pacing if you need it, and I can try to use my healing if you get worse..."

Back at the mines, as everyone was starting to move forward, the bag Sorod was carrying began to move, and a small creature poked its head out. It was a... bird? No, a small girl! Althea introduced herself to the Moon Imp and explained their mission for her.

Once inside the mine, Toby excused himself as soon as the foreman was within sight, making Althea wonder why he was even summoned. Was he just the errand boy for the Mayor, or was he related somehow? Her mind began to flood with scandalous thoughts and Althea tried to shake them out, deciding to pay more attention to the foreman. Once she was fitted into the mine cart, the contraption took off like an arrow, startling Althea.

She was in a mix of delight and horror; she could hear the foreman over her own nervous laughs, but eventually she saw signs of battle and death. Boosting herself above the lip of the cart, Althea gasped at the sight of the broken rails ahead, and lept out of the cart, using her bear traps to grab hold of the support beam above. The action tried its best to pull her arms from her sockets, but they remained as she fell back on her huge backpack. Sparkles began to appear around her as Althea (almost unconsciously) cast Healing mist on herself. Once she felt better, she ran over to the others from the mine cart wreck to begin healing them as well.

Up ahead came the clanking of bones, and a well armed skeleton came into view. While helping the other Apostles up, Althea cursed to herself.

Not only do these guys have no skin, they're wearing armor as well. The main reason why I chose bear traps as my weapon was because everything flinches after being hit by them, but apparently that won't be able to work here... It might be best if I remained as a healing this battle.

Interactions:
Diana - @CaptainLiterally
Labra - @DrabiaTheKiller

Mentions:
Sorod - @TheEccentric

TooLongDidn'tRead: Sorod is being quiet and ominous-like. Well, he's verbally quiet, physically, he making more noise. He gets on cart, and makes even more noise, because metal against stone ain't a nice sound, yo. He walks forward and tries to protect others and Totally-Not-Dead-Dwarf-Guide

"So-I shall enter-Rod.", is his only response to Jeremiah who suggested he stay. That's a thought he wanted to fancy, but Sorod chose to enter with the others instead. He stared hard at the mine though, the sound of breathing not his own filling his head. Deep, but hurried.

Lilirel bumping into him didn't stimulate a reply from the Iron Golem, who remained silent as the stared at the mine, before entering down the echoing caves with footsteps heavier than usual. The sound of shifting dirt is replaced by metal scraping against stone, the line that he made behind him ended at the entrance; fortunately, despite his apparent solemness at this moment, he still raised the spear from its hanging position and fastened it tightly against his back. With steps less careful, the bag that contained Althea and Labra shook and swung side to side recklessly, only stopping its dance when the group finally slowed to hitch themselves onto the mine carts. At this moment , Sorod finally whimpered a silent squeak, different from the sound of his metallic joints whenever they moved too quickly or have something stuck between them. It was a more vocal one, brought by the worry of not having steady footing. He'd essentially be putting his prided stability, and love of it, to the side. It took him a few more moments than the others to decide if he'd be getting on, with only the thought of doing this for his Quarry only barely urging him to proceed deeper.

He sat at the very end of the mine carts, likely alone because of his sheer size, and that made turning and moving in general a bit hard for the lead cart. At least he imagined he drastically affected the way the carts moved, because when they came to the eventual crash he was expecting deep in his core, it didn't take him long to stand up. The discussions and scenery disappeared from his attention, although he'd usually take great interest in things related to sizable objects like mountains, he's unfortunately too preoccupied by hidden worries. With the clamor of a thousand swords grinding against each other, the heavy Sorod flew some mere seconds before kissing the stone floor. Although he felt no pain, and his armored form quickly made work of the damages, a bubble of regret grew within his nonexistent heart.

"So-I do not like this-Rod. So-Is everyone okay-Rod? So-Stand up, we are now facing the adversaries we were assigned to deal with-Rod.", in a more monotonous tone than usual, the golem stood and walked in front of the others, raising his shield defiantly at the approaching Horde. Well, they were less a Horde, and more just a collection of well-equipped bone puppets. Puppets coated in spectral energies that are somewhat similar to the power within Sorod's core, though much more impure and lackluster. "So-Stoneface, I believe you are capable of dealing with these-Rod. So-Friend Lilirel, who I do not wish to call The Brute, aid the others, it seems they have been injured-Rod.", taking a few more steps forward, he waved the spear menacingly at the skeletons, using the extended reach to try and brush them away from the hopefully-unconscious-and-not-deceased dwarf guide. Inside him, his energy started to roll and coalesce, wanting to come out and explode with terrifying power, but he chose to push this desire down. Now is not the time.

Mentions: @Huntress @Agonite @Althea @lXlGamemaster @slifer @DrabiaTheKiller

Reactions: Huntress
TL;DR: Knell uses her prescience to brace herself and then starts to fight to protect the foreman.

Honestly, Knell was a little distracted by the group to care about Giles but his ignorance irritated her mightily so she seethed as she stomped over to the dwarf and just listened to him. Her anger calmed at hearing his recounting of history. "Interesting..." she murmured as she absorbed the information, crossing her arms as she listened. Her eyes, however, hardened at the mention of the types of monsters that were now appearing. "...Undead...I do not doubt it's the work of that mysterious person..." she muttered as she hopped into the mining cart, scooting over to make room for three other people. She let out a sigh as she began to observe the rushing scenery, finding all the fast paced travel quite fun. Yet something was amiss...those scars on the wall, the corpses, clearly they were going to be in for hell. Bracing herself for what was to come, the former thief turned Apostle waited as they traveled faster and faster and faster and-

There was an almighty crash as they were all tossed and thrown to the side, Knell skidding onto her own side and rolling over as she hissed a bit at the impact. Gritting her teeth, she immediately hopped up and prepared Chaos in her hands, eyes darting about to see if there was anything, anything at all, that would mean danger to them. And there were, several undead beings coming forth to feast on the foreman. "No you don't," she hissed as she charged forward, launching a hex at one of them. She gritted her teeth as she joined Sorod in defending the foreman's body, though she was unsure if he was still alive. Most likely, considering most everyone was, but even then... "Hm, I wonder if I can drain from you all?" she asked out loud as she darted to an undead and tried to drain the very essence out of him. Even if he was undead, perhaps whatever made him undead can be turned back into death itself.

TLDR:
  • Lilirel moves the foreman out of the way.
  • She begins to help other Apostle's to their feet.
  • Lilirel finds her sword.
  • She continues to help those that need help getting up.

YY53pcY.png

"None of them are unfortunate, they ask for it, and there's typically more for grabbing." Tourmaline eyes scanned the thin woman once over with a small smile, before Lilirel's attention returned to the approaching corpses. "Don't need a blade to fight skeletons." She commented simply, her eyes flicking from the woman to their common foe, if anything the bone would do more damage to the blade. Sometimes brute and blunt force was all that was needed. "I wasn't really looking to impress anyone." Lilirel shrugged as she watched Valeria step forward to take on the undead that were approaching. "I like a good fight. So wherever it leads, I'll follow." There was another nonchalant shrug from Lily as she chose to keep her distance from Valeria for the time being. She had a feeling there were more shamblers making their way up, and it would probably need more than a couple Apostle's to deal with the current situation.

Thankfully Sorod was quick to step up and between the two women. Orders came from the golem shortly after. Lilirel didn't mind being told what to do, when it was within a respectful tone. Although typically Sorod's words expressed emotion that confused the brunette. Regardless, she knew what the iron giant was saying, and she was aware that it wasn't with disrespect, unlike Valeria and her holier-than-thou attitude and bluntness. The chuckle from Lilirel was held back as she shook her head casually towards Sorod's words. There was no point in lingering on it. If anything, she found it rather adorable that the living suit of armour chose to say what he

The first matter at hand for the woman was to get the foreman out of their way. Should he still be alive and breathing, getting trampled to death wasn't a nice way to go. Taking hold of the dwarf she threw him over her shoulder as she also picked up his helmet. "Being spoken to with respect can go a long way." Purple irises turned towards the stone-cold face of Valeria as Lily barely whispered her sentence.

Taking the foreman to what she assumed was a safe spot just around a curve in the wall, she put him down gently, his helmet next to him, light shining towards him and just barely passed the wall he was placed against. Looking around at the others that were either already standing or just getting their bearings, the woman contemplated her course of action. Approaching the large male just getting to his knees, Lilirel moved to help him up, the clattering of iron catching her attention as she pushed the man to his feet. Looking towards her foot she was glad to see part of her blade laying on the ground. Making sure Shurik was standing before letting go, Lily reached for her weapon and sheathed it. Her eyes scanned the crowd for her little friend. Approaching Althea, she stood next to her for just a moment before moving along to anyone else who needed help getting to her feet. "I don't know how many are dealing with severe injuries Althea but your help with anyone who may be badly hurt is appreciated." She called out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
Valeria - Agonite
Mine Foreman - Novama
Shurik - @TheCrimsonFker
Althea - @lXlGamemaster

Mentions:
Sorod - TheEccentric

• Spicy
Reactions: Luxuria
TLDR: Jeremiah heads in the mine with the crew, gets hurt, and wonders if he could eat the undead.

Hearing that assent from Sorod, he followed the Iron Golem inside the mine. Maybe it was him, but the mines were oppressive, a claustrophobic difference to the openness of the sea. In conclusion, he hated the mines with a passion. At least there was something to distract himself from the mine, the decision of which cart he should sit in. The front carts were full already, leaving...Sorod with his own cart. Jeremiah climbed into Sorod's cart, taking the little space that was left in the cart. It was uncomfortable, but he could fold himself up enough to fit. At least he could see Ren, Diana, and...a small person in Sorod's bag? Strange as it was, he greeted the newcomer, giving her a quick wave as he looked for the others. He felt marginally comfortable as he spotted those he felt comfortable talking to.

One moment he was in the cart, gripping onto the sides tightly, the next he was flying through the air, the cart launching him almost perfectly over the chasm. For a moment, he was in awe- that this was what it was like to fly- until he slammed into the ground like a toy that had been thrown on the ground by an angered child. He had tried his best to brace himself, but it didn't help much, as he could still feel the ache in his body. IT took effort for him to lift himself off of the floor, his vision still red and murky from his head meeting the rocks violently. Goddamn it, he wasn't Resilient, nor was he Prescient enough to avoid damage, as he was a warrior.

Jeremiah pulled the sleeve of his tunic down over his hand before pressing it to the side of his head, coming up with some blood. It took effort, but he shook the pain off as best as he could, methodically checking to make sure nothing was broken. He gave his thanks that there were only aches, not the blinding pain from having a sprained or a broken bone. At least he hadn't tensed, and that actually had saved his fall as much as it could.

With his head still pounding but his vision coming back, he could the other Apostles standing up from the fall. More importantly, there were spectral figures coming towards them- boned figures covered in armor. No matter, the armor could be ripped off, revealing the crunchy bones inside. He could pull them apart like crabs, slurp their marrow like crab meat if he wanted to.

For a moment he blinked at the thought, wondering if he had hit his head harder than he thought. Swaying, he took out his knife, leaving his magic for later. His water could cut through the figures, but that was for when the fight went against them. His free hand was up against a tall stalagmite, steadying him enough so he could focus through the pain and stop his stupid body from swaying.

Interactions:

@TheEccentric
@DrabiaTheKiller
@CaptainLiterally
@Karyra

TL:DR
  • Shurik Accepts the assist up from Lilriel.
  • He joins the Front Line with blade drawn
  • Then attempts to use Taunt on one of the approaching enemies.
Shurik Plate 500.png

Shurik let out a grunt as he felt himself being lifted to his feet. A low hearty chuckle passed between the two as she lifted him and helped him get placed back onto solid footing. "Quite the Stout one, you are." He grunted out and watched as she walked off to check on the others. took a moment to stretch himself out. Before his attention turned to the enemy and the line formed against them. Shurik stamped his left boot, toe then heal, against the cold stone before he walked up next to the giant Golem with the spear. He moved far enough sp that there was space between him and his allies to effectively use his weapon before Shurik reached over his shoulder and pulled the blade forward. He let the sword swing down in an arch and it smashed into the floor in front of him. The force caused a gash in the rock where the sword hit. "These things showing up pisses me off," Shurik growled. "Bad enough the cart ride ended with a smash." Shurik lifted his blade from the ground, aimed it at one of the undead moving towards them and bellowed out "HEY, You bag of Shit for Brains Bones, Come get a taste of a real fight!" His voice carried his taunt magic towards the skeleton he targeted. Shurik just hoped the monster wasn't dumb enough to not understand him.

Interactions
-Lilriel - @Huntress

Mentions
- Sorod - @TheEccentric
- Rest of the Party on the Front line.

5737a273bd4914ed8dd5171946be4b83.png

> Falls into the chasm and dug his fist into the chasm wall to stop his descent. Setting his left hand on fire to be able to see around him and contemplates the idea of going to the bottom of the chasm.

While awaiting a response from Toby after reaching the entrance to the mines and acquiring the torches the nearby guards had handed out to the Apostles, it had seemed as though the male had ignored Zayne's question simply to direct anything else towards the dwarf foreman who soon made his appearance before the group. Giving a bow to Toby as he made his exit; once the Apostles began to enter the cave one after another, Zayne followed right on in while staying in the middle of the group and keeping silent most of the time. His sapphire eyes scanned his surroundings just to take a glimpse at the lights that were already lit on the walls as well as the metal support beams that they passed from time to time, just at first glance it was quite obvious to see due to the rust in certain spots that the mine had been in use even during his time when he was living in the town. "Hm, something feels wrong here..." Whispering his own comment to himself, once reaching the larger chamber where several mine carts resided, Zayne helped himself into one of the center carts.

It wasn't long before the carts began to jolt forward at a slow pace before picking up speed as the group proceeded further into the depths of the mines.
Listening in soon to the dwarf as he explained just how long they had been mining into the mountain and what they had dealt with until recently, the fact that he stated they had been running into the undead was unsettling. More thoughts wandered through Zayne's head about the possibilities that the mountain was either home to creatures of old during some war in the past or this was the work of the relic thief.

Without much time to fully ponder on the possibilities and his thoughts, the sound of the metal rails screeching throughout the cavern followed by the bright flashes of sparks flying no doubt was a recipe for disaster. As the carts began to collide with one another and finally knock each other from one side or the other, Zayne had just so happen to fall far too much to one side as he was launched straight into the mouth of the pitch black chasm with his lantern leaving his grasp. "Dammit..!" Shouting as he fell further into the darkness, he attempted to keep his calm before reaching his right arm in a random direction until his palm felt something solid and rocky; it was the wall.

Still descending at a rapid pace and without expecting the wall to be as close as it was, his grip quickly slipped. "Tsk!" Cursing under his breath, the cloaked male quickly slammed his fist into the wall, this time putting much more force into his strike causing his fist to dig into the wall and eventually slow his descent to a halt.
Now being in pitch darkness and being somewhere in between the ledge where the rest of the Apostles were and the bottom of the Chasm that felt as though there was no bottom in sight, Zayne soon lit his entire left hand ablaze just bright enough to check his surroundings and see if he could find out exactly where he was. He could simply let himself morph into his phoenix form to make his way back up though if there were any explosives nearby the size of his form followed by all the flames could cause more danger than anything; this leaving the other option being to descend further to see if there was a bottom to this chasm.

@Everyone in the group
Interactions
N/A​

Last edited:
TlDR:
-Giles leaves Knell alone
-Giles gives enters a minecart and has a few flashbacks
-Giles crashes, recovers, and readies his weapon.

In response to Knell's words, Giles held his hands up defensively. "I was late to the meetin', Just wanted to know what it was all about miss" he took a step back and tipped his hat formally, "I'll leave you alone, sorry". Giles didn't know what he did to upset her, maybe he got sand in her eye during the ratman siege or he annoyed her with his stories? Giles hadn't a clue. However, now wasn't the time to fix a first impression there were more serious tasks at hand.

At the end of their little trek, Giles had found himself squeezed into a minecart. He never really questioned things during these missions, but this was certainly a first. As he waited for it to start moving, he remembered something. "Heh, this reminds me of that one time where I was chasing some outlaws through the-". Giles' story was promptly concluded with the sudden start of the minecart, soon he was holding onto his hat and the side of the cart for balance. As they swerved passed the veins of stone and ore, Giles got an irresistible urge to say something. Something fitting, something...stereotypical.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWWWWW!" He cried as he shouted out with excited laughter. He had not ridden a minecart this fast since he was a wee child. He remembered it all, zooming past his friends, laughing like a little maniac, face-planting into the earth at the end: he especially remembered that part. Unfortunately, during Giles' little flashback he failed to realize that the carts ahead of him had crashed, and soon his cart was about to crash as well.

As he snapped back to reality, it was already too late. He was sent flying forwards and he landed on his face, an ironic display of Déjà vu.
As he lifted himself from the floor he gave a pained groan, he wiped his face of the dirt and made sure everything and everyone was still is one piece. He spotted his hat in front of him and reached to it, giving it a good pat to rid it of dirt. Once he affixed it to his head, he saw something strange ahead.

"Erm, Tell me I'm not seein' things" he said as he pointed to the shambling figures ahead of them. Regardless of anyone's response, Giles readied his trusty revolver at the hip.

Interactions:
@chaosheart13

Last edited:

Situation
Time: 1:50 PM
Date: October 17th 327(CE)
Weather: Partly cloudy with otherwise blue skies and cool weather and a warm sun. Inside Taruhm, its warmer like used gymnasium and lit by torches and the occasional arrow slits. In the mine, there was a bit of airflow, but the only heat came from their light sources. Otherwise it was cool and stifling.
Those Involved: @Ariel @happydeath @GhostofManchester @CaptainLiterally @lXlGamemaster @TheEccentric @Huntress @The Last Curse @chaosheart13 @Lore Magus @Karyra @slifer @DangoYumi @Miora @corrosiveblood @Agonite @DrabiaTheKiller @TheCrimsonFker
TooLongDidn'tRead: The Apostles are taking on a legion of undead while they work to figure out what's going on...

Note From The Author: (The enemies are mooks, so they are easy to dispatch. Each additional action in post reduces chances of success, however. Energy and Health are being tracked. )
Post Listening:

80ff0f4eb29a2032d8793fb192819bfc.png
a0c741b203ae4ecc5f61624ff3b9b3ef.jpg

The Far Side

While the party gathered themselves and recovered, Althea was able to heal the minor wounds of Shurik and Lilirel with her golden dust. With a chaotic gleam, the minor scratches and bruises faded away. It was a good thing too, the undead soldiers shambled forth in the lonesome light of Foreman's hat, left behind while he was dragged off by Lilirel. There was not many places for the party to run. Of the 3 paths forward, all were filled by the undead, their glowing eyes and faint auras illuminating their forms softly in the dark. Behind the party was a drop off that even an Apostle would want to think twice before jumping down.

With Shurik, Valeria, and Sorod making up the front line, Knell rushes ahead to deftly dispatch one of the closest undead before it could attack her. Drained of whatever power reanimated it, the bones and armor faded away into dark ashes. However, Knell was now ahead of the others and exposed to the multitudes of undead that swarmed her. With swords, spikes, axes, and other single handed implements, the undead tried to bring the Apostle down. However, despite the overwhelming numbers, Knell was evasive and she was not without aid. Only 2 of the bone soldiers were able to injure her, in part thanks to Shurik's taunts that drew some away.

Undead that couldn't reach Knell or those that came from one of the other tunnels moved to attack Sorod, Valeria, and Shurik. Metal sparked and clanked on metal, turning the landing area into a noisy battlefield that echoed for miles in the mine. The defensive line held, with Sorod and Valeria staving off 2 apiece and Shurik taking the brunt of 3 attackers. More undead were filling in though, so movement would be difficult without clearing a path.

Those in the back would not have good shots on the enemies that stood infront of the line. The Prescient ones would not see an end to the skeleton hoard.

The Rock Face

Down below, Zayne would be hanging out. He could hear the commotion and make out the shadows from it up above. Down below was a dark abyss he could not see to the bottom of. Although lightly injured, Zayne would feel discomfort from hanging from his arm stuck in the wall. A random bat flapped by, squeaking incessantly. Zayne was about 50ft below the ledge where his allies fought and a couple dozen above the gloom that was waiting beneath him.

7d8ee1ae4340ad41d8724062d499fa85.jpg

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 9.14.03 PM.png

Interactions: @happydeath
Mentions:
Tl;DR: Ren goes flying off the cart and falls just short of the edge, falling into the chasm with Zayne
Ren didn't like it. What if something bad happened? But Sorod was coming along, so... maybe it wouldn't be all bad. She didn't like it but this was a Task that they all needed to do so... so be it. The dank purple light reminded her of the Mayer's Home. Which didn't reassure her. All of her instincts were screaming to escape this place, that something bad was here. To which she said of course there is, the Mayer said so. This didn't reassure her either.

Once they reached the carts, more Apostles caught up and appeared, but Ren was only focusing on the carts and gripping them tightly. If she held it tightly, then nothing bad could happen, right? And with so many in one there was no way something bad could make it go flying, right?

She thought that until the cart hit a bump and then a broken track and was flying in the air over a chasm.

Ren scrambled to grab the edge of the chasm face, and caught it with one hand. She was about to grab the edge when the rock gave way and she was falling down the rock face.

"Wait wait wait!" she yelled at the rock face. It didn't listen.

So instead she used her Ice Claws to dig into the wall, carefully trying to stop before she became a Ren pancake. She shreeched her way down, using her feet to even slow the fall. When at last she jerked to a stop, she could only barely catch her breath. Ren tried to pull herself up, only to have her feet slide on the rock face.

"Stupid Ren! Should've held onto Golem. No wait, maybe Little Mage. Little Mage has that Dust Thing." Ren started to talk to herself.

She flailed uselessly at the wall some more before noticing Zayne.

"Well, looks like I'm not the only Stuck here. Hello, Blue. Uh... now what do we do?"

TL;DR: Labra was in the cart with Sorod, didn't get thrown out due to a certain sense, was scared and climbed onto Lilirel's back and kinda hung on her, cast a spell that hid them(she didn't mean to), gave a poison to Lilirel, then cast a spell that drained some of her energy and whether the spell will work or not..., she almost fell off Lilirel.
Labra looked up at Sorod passing her and ran after him, hooking a sleeve through the strap on his bag. She climbed onto it as he settled into the cart and hugged her wand to her chest. The merman guy waved at her and she waved back slightly, then turned and stared at the passing walls. A small sense of wrongness started to creep up on her and she looked around. Nothing looked wrong until she looked ahead and saw the gap. She quickly cast Wingless Flight and rose up as the cart's brakes locked in place. The whole line of carts crashed into each other and all it's occupants were thrown out. Labra landed on the ground next to one of the carts and shivered at the small drop of her energy. It quickly erased itself and she began chewing on one of her sleeves that covered her hands. It left a faint wet mark when she gasped in shock. The wrongness she had felt was caused by the undead she saw before her. Sorod clanked past her and joined the two women fending off the skeletons.
Labra glanced around, then down at chasm where she could faintly sense two of the party members. She heard nothing, so she kinda assumed they were fine. She looked at the monster coming towards them and squeaked in fear. She ran for the first person she thought of and that was the scary lady with the big sword, who was currently dragging the mine dude out of the way. She jumped on the woman's back and climbed up to her shoulder, slightly shaking in fear. "Scary, scary, scary, scary." She whimpered, not used to this many monsters. "Master Abbot said I would be fine, but I'm not fine." She hugged the older woman's neck and cast Hidden Moon on both of them, completely erasing them from the view of the monster skeletons. The drop in the Moon Imp's energy made her flinch and hug Lilirel's neck tighter. "I'm scared." Labra said, not hiding the fact.
The Moon Imp took a small bottle out of her bag. It contained a dark purple liquid that sloshed around, and was stoppered with a slightly decayed cork. Labra sucked in a deep breath and gave the bottle to the woman. "Try that. Spread it on your blade." She let go of Lilirel's neck with one hand and held out another holding her wand to point at one of the approaching skeletons. "Moon's Slumber, activate!" The slight light emitting from her hand circled her wand once before shooting off and hitting the skeleton. The Moon Imp winced at the drop in her energy and her grip loosened on Lilirel's neck, causing Labra to grab onto the woman's shirt in order to not fall off.

INTERACTIONS:
Huntress - Lilirel
TheEccentric - Sorod
slifer - Jeremiah

MENTIONS:
Karyra - Ren
happydeath - Zayne
Novama - Foreman + Abbot

Last edited:
TLDR:
  • Lilirel talks to Giles briefly and tries to calm Labra down.
  • She takes note of someone dangling off the cliff.
  • She is unaware that she's invisible.
  • She makes sure Labra doesn't fall off her after exerting herself.
  • Lilirel begins preparing for battle by starting to absorb external energy for her attacks and abilities.
  • She moves up and throws whatever Labra gave her at some of the skeletons before retreating and drawing her sword just behind the front line.

YY53pcY.png

Her smile and chuckle to Shurik's words had been subtle. Choosing not to respond to the man at the moment, in favor of helping others. Upon doing her best to help where she could, Lilirel noticed the formations that her fellow Apostles were beginning to take. Sorod, Valeria and Shurik were capable on the front lines. Knell had been rather daring with jumping ahead, Lily finding the sight of the woman being surrounded by the undead worrisome. "If it's the skeletons you're talking about Giles than, no, you're not seeing things." Lilirel spoke as she crossed past the gun toting male. The small cowering voice in her ear caused her to raise a brow before she felt the grip around her neck. Trying to look at the little imp wrapped around her, Lily stayed calm. "You'll be fine, don't worry." She tried to be reassuring for the little one.

Keeping a safe distance from the edge as she approached it, Lilirel was barely able to glance over the ledge of the cliff. She could see the distant ember, her jaw clenching. There was nothing she could do to help whoever hadn't made it over the gap, not without expending all her energy for a rescue mission. Gritting her teeth with a snarl of frustration Lilirel tutted before turning around. "Don't be scared, relax." She whispered again as she looked towards the approaching hordes.

Seeing the small bottle before her eyes Lily had to pull her head back just a little before she could focus on the object. "What is it?" She asked before taking it in her hands. "Is it safe for my blade or will it damage it?" Another question came as she caught the small glimmer out of the corner of her eye. The momentary brightness causing Lily to turn and tilt her head away some. Bright lights against eyes that could see in the dark was painful, and that momentary burning in the Aasimar's cornea showed as she closed one eye with a small wince. Feeling the grip around her neck loosen Lilirel reacted on instinct, her free hand coming close to the small imp to stop her from potentially falling over. Her left still held the unknown potion, as her right kept Labra in place. "Don't overexert yourself before we even start little one." She muttered.

Calling upon any of the evil energy that resided within these mines, Lilirel's eyes glowed momentarily. Cloudy black tendrils filling the sclera of her eyes as her veins began to darken, a purplish-black colour spreading beneath pale skin. Better to have some energy stored within her in case it was required. Looking at the vial in her hand with narrowed eyes and furrowed brows she looked towards the approaching shamblers. Moving towards the three that fought in the front Lilirel found a brief opening between Valeria and Sorod to momentarily get a clear view of the situation in front. Tossing the vial towards the left path with enough force to keep the front line safe from its contents, she glanced around quickly once more before pulling back again. Staying behind the ones that had chosen to step forth and become the first line of defense. With one hand now free she drew her sword and waited, veins pulsating with the evil energy that was her curse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
Giles - @The Last Curse
Labra - @DrabiaTheKiller

Mentions:
Shurik - @TheCrimsonFker
Knell - @chaosheart13
Valeria - @Agonite
Sorod - @TheEccentric

Last edited:
TL;DR
  • Shurik launches a counter-attack against the undead, swinging his sword in a full arc in front of him.
  • Shurik yells at the others to start throwing mine carts somehow if they're able.
  • Shurik moves forward into his created space and begins to channel his anger.
Shurik Plate 500.png
Shurik defended himself from the taunted undead with his metal arm. He swatted blade, spear, and axe away from any deadly strikes with that same arm. Shurik took a half-step back as more undead filtered in front of him. He grunted, and brought his own blade back on his left side, leveling the sword as he swatted one more attack away. He used the momentum from the down-block to get his second hand onto his blade and then brought forward a brutal swing of his sword in a level arc. He brought the sword across at neck level in what would be a 6ft radius in front on him in an attempt to give himself room to move forward and begin to create a flank.

Before moving forward, Shurik shouted back to the others. "If any of you got the strength or means, see how far you can chuck a mine cart down one of them tunnels. We can at least block 'em off partially…" He moved two feet forward from his starting defensive position and readied his blade for another swing. Shurik began to growl to himself, very lowly, but the volume slowly increased.

Mentions
- Everyone/Anyone with The Strength or Ability to throw heavy objects.

Attachments

• Shurik Plate 500.png
    Shurik Plate 500.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
TLDR: Sick, hurt, and freaked out leprechaun grows flower xtra big for ren and zayne lol

Diana slowly rose from the ground, holding her wounded hip with one hand while the other pushed her up from the dusty floor and onto her knees. Her injured elbow buckled, almost sending her back onto the ground. She noticed Althea wandering from person to person, checking on them and healing them. Diana stifled a grunt as she stood up. If Althea could heal people after a fall like that, Diana could stand up. She was almost about to run over to a fallen comrade to check on them when she noticed the monsters. The breath caught in her throat for a moment as she marveled at the majestic ungodliness of the beasts. The ginger found herself spraying the Chaos inside of her towards the ground like she would if she would to anchor into the ground and pull out a plant.

But there were no plants to be found.

That famous "wisdom" of hers faded as panic smacked her across the face. Everything here was dead. The ground, the skeleton beasts, and maybe even herself in a couple of minutes. She attempted to feign a brave face but the pure white ghost that had taken her place showed how horrified she felt. Diana put a hand to her heart as if she was steadying the beating. Whatever she had told herself earlier about being immune to fear vanished from her mind. Her feet began to automatically bring her backward, towards the rock face. It was only when her heel found nothing but air behind her when she ceased moving. The action of almost falling to her doom shocked her into reality again. Her heart was still beating at a record pace, but she could hear and see things again.

One of the things she could hear was Ren's voice echoing about the cavern below her. The redhead's ponytail whipped about her as she turned around to locate the voice's origin. Diana gasped and her eyes bulged as she noticed Ren and Zayn dangling over the side. She dropped her knees and knelt on her aching elbow to peer over the cliff.

"Oh... my goodness!" she exclaimed. Her head swiveled from side to side to see if anyone was going to help them. But they were all too busy with the battle. "Uhm, uh, I'm gonna get you help! Give me a second to think," she yelled over the side. She sat up, looking around her for some kind of way to get them up. She racked her mind for any rock climbing tips she might have heard in her youth. As usual, the little dandelion in her hair began to grow as she lost control of her mind. Wait a minute... the dandelion! Diana let out a relieved giggle as she removed the little flower from her hair and held it in her hands. Then, it began to grow. The bloom and the stem rapidly multiplied in size until the stem was longer than enough to reach them. The thick green rope sprawled across the edge of the cliffside and would most likely be a trip hazard for anyone close enough.

The ginger quickly shoved the stem off of the rock near the two. The flower, easily the size of her, rest nearby.

"Uhm, is this any help?" Diana yelled down.

~~~

Mentions:
@lXlGamemaster

Interactions
@Karyra
@happydeath

Llawr Silpad

TL;DR:
-Llawr receives Althea's message, changes into his combat clothes, and meets the Apostles at the mines
-Keeping quiet, Llawr follows the Foreman into the mines and stays on alert
-When the carts crash, Llawr jumps high to see everything in the area
-Llawr briefly introduces himself to Shurik before letting him head towards the skeletons
-Llawr casts Blessing of Terra on the whole party, then heads to the chasm edge and propels down with Diana's plant rope after explaining why

Llawr's inquiry at the elf woman got sidestepped by the appearance of the shortest Apostle. When she spoke his name he was a bit surprised at first since he hadn't gotten to introduce himself directly to her yet, but figured she probably overheard him as he spoke to other Apostles during their journey. It made him feel a bit embarrassed for getting hung up on formalities. When he heard the little mage's tone suddenly change at the mention of "extra work". His Intuition gathered from what he sensed by Althea's manner of speaking tipped him off immediately that the subject concerned sensitive and potentially dangerous information. With a casual response breaking his otherwise sharp and serious expression, he bid her a temporary farewell. "Yeah, sure! I'll meet up with everyone after I change real quick. If you'll excuse me then," he finished in farewell to the dark elf as well before heading to the bar of the tavern to request a room to change in.

At the entrance to the mines, Llawr had just managed to catch up to the group before they were passed off to the Foreman thanks to his natural agility whilst in full sprint and the familiarity he had gained with the town's layout from his earlier exploring. Before anyone even began explaining what was going on, he could sense an incredible amount of danger and malice emanating from the mine. Assuming the others knew the dangers while they entered anyways led to him not speaking up though, and he instead opted to keep silent and listen to what everyone said as both Althea and the Foreman offered words of explanation aloud. Hearing of everything that was going on, Llawr's mood grew more intense and wary as he focused all his senses to pick up on anything out of place. When the group approached a line of mining carts, he immediately hopped into one of the ones in the front for the best vantage point. I need any vantage point I can get to see danger coming.

When the carts started moving suddenly and rapidly, the intense air pressure rushed into his ears; a painful ordeal the led him to fold them back, which limited his hearing to only being able to catch what the Foreman was saying. In exchange, he gripped the edge of his mine cart tightly with both hands, having chosen not to receive a lantern, and stood straight up so he could see beyond the Foreman himself. It was then that he saw the gap in the tracks. "Mr. Foreman, hit the breaks! Everyone, brace yourselves!" Not enough time! His residual thought at the end came as the carts lurched from the sharp brake and he realized he wouldn't be able to fortify his allies. When the mine carts took flight, Llawr leaped from the one he had been inside in order to gain more height and air time so he could assess the situation.

By the time people were falling to the ground, he had already seen what approached from ahead thanks to his feline ability to see in the dark. Clicking his tongue, the Cait Sith began his own descent to the ground on the other side of the ravine. Even though he knew what was coming, Llawr also knew that there were more pressing matters to attend to; his allies. As he looked around the ones that made the trip, he was pleased to see them working together to stand. He made his first approach to the new Apostle that had just joined their group and spoke to him in a serious tone. "Keeping this brief; my name is Llawr, fellow Apostle. I'm glad to have you on our side." With a nod of affirmation to the man before allowing him to head to the front line of defense, Llawr himself ran to roughly the center of their scattered group. Looking around at everyone in the darkness that hardly fazed him, the young man took a deep breath and closed his eyes in calm focus.

"Resolute Earth And Stone, Heed My Call and grant me and my allies the Blessing of Terra!" As Llawr made this chant, he drew a massive amount of the Chaos that permeated from the earth that surrounded them all to fill all the Apostles whom he had now made connections to with a power that noticeably bolstered their dexterity and toughness, including Ren and Zayne in the chasm below. That said, those not in a position in which they'd be directly relying on such things would not necessarily notice unless they were paying special heed to the flow of Chaos in the area. "This is a perfect place for Terra," he muttered to himself before turning to the edge of the chasm.

Through the darkness, Llawr noticed Diana attempting to feed some kind of thick rope down the chasm, no doubt to Ren and Zayne. He approached her and placed a hand on her shoulder. In a deep, serious tone not usually heard from him Llawr spoke his thoughts to her; "Big Sis Diana, while making a rope for them to climb up with is helpful it may be difficult to get it to them like this, especially if either of them is already hanging on precariously. That said, everyone is currently bolstered by my Affinity, including you, so if you can hold on to the rope tightly then I'll propel down and make sure they can get a solid grip on it. I'm guessing you made the rope with your own Affinity, so if I need more rope I'll let you know to extend it." Without wasting a moment, Llawr immediately grabbed the plant rope loosely after explaining his plan and jumped off the edge, gripping the plant stalk to prevent himself from accelerating to quickly but not so hard as to completely halt his descent until he reached the end of the rope.

Interactions

TL;DR: Stella calmed herself down and lit up her surroundings with her light orb. After figuring out that the hoard is never ending, she suggested that the group tries to travel deeper into the mines to find a way to stop it before they exhaust themselves.

Stella was panicking as the action unfolded around her, standing still and watching everyone fight back. She knew that she couldn't continue to be this way, and was reminded of the rat hoard. She immediately lifted a hand, and lit a small ball of light in her hands to light her surroundings. With the help of the light and some deep breaths, she was able to calm down enough to focus and try to find the source of the undead. Her efforts would be in vain however, as she couldn't sense anything further in the mines. The only thing they can do is to go deeper and figure out where these enemies were coming from, if not, they would be fighting until they exhaust themselves, and ultimately end up losing.

She tried not to think of the worst, and her thoughts were pulled back when Llawr casted a spell that provided herself and everyone with a huge boost in dexterity. She looked over at Llawr, and noticed that he had started to head down a chasm that was near them, with Diana right nearby. 'Someone must have fallen underneath...' she thought, and quickly took out her pocket knife. She wasn't the best at hand to hand combat, but this would have to do. She needed to keep her energy up, not only because she wanted to be able to provide assistance if someone gives out, she also wants to keep her source of light, her small light orb in her hand lit, albeit for slightly selfish reasons. As a user of the light, light gave her comfort, and she would much prefer to have her light source to light her surroundings than stay in this dark mine without minimal amount of light.

She had realized that she wasn't really able to prevent them from being surrounded, due to how many undead were coming at them at once. She prepared herself, and began speaking as loud as she could. "Everyone! We need to figure out where these guys are coming from!" she spoke, starting with the base of her plan. "It might be possible that they work like the ratmen, where the hoard will stop if we stop the storm. Besides, if we don't move, we will only fight until we exhaust ourselves!" she continued, hoping her voice would ring through the crowd. She wasn't good with planning out what to do, and she was honestly scared to death, so the least she could do was communicate her thoughts and trust her teammates with coming up with a plan.

Mentions: Diana @CaptainLiterally , Llawr @Lore Magus
Interactions: Everyone in the group

TooLongDidn'tRead: Sorod gonna smash some cold ones with the boys, and girls, before he'll hold both shields in hands. He suggests that everyone attack the left path, then he'll become STRONK by getting better defense and heavier weight, which he'll then use to charge down the path once Party attacks.

A maelstrom of terrible strikes surged out of Sorod, Longinus sang with the second advent of annihilation for the skeletons. He fought with Shurik and Valeria with the valor of heroes, combating the surging forces of evil. Well, if one ignored the hellish screams coming from his chest-hole, it'd be described to be heroic. Nonetheless, the energy within him rolled and coursed through his metal body, wanting to leap out and extinguish the enemy. "So-No, we must conserve energy-Rod.", he muttered to himself, raising his shield to block the incoming strike of a skeleton. The blow glanced off the thick wall of metal, sending another echo to explore the mine that seemed to continue endlessly.

Shurik's suggestion and Stella's advice made him pause for a bit, because they sounded like a good idea if he combined them! With great skill and grace, unexpected for someone his size, Longinus returned to his back. He now held his shield with both hands, and the rolling energies within him coursed even more excitedly. "So-Friend Lilirel, follow Bigsword's suggestion-Rod! So-Companions, attack the left path, then I shall charge down it-Rod! So-Friend Stella is wise-Rod!", with every rumbling word, sanguine runes once again started to crawl out of his chest-hole, forming thick lines which slithered like serpents. They extended to the shield he held in his hand, covering it in the blood-red lettering. If anyone could speak an internal tongue, perhaps they could recognize some of the runes. A random collection of words, they're mostly gibberish, but there are some portions where they tell short stories.

"SO-THROUGH THICK AND THIN-ROD!", the stories had to end though, they sunk into his metal skin, and his gray and black armor turned into a mix of red and yellow. Like the flowing tips of a great flame, the colors shifted and moved around, imitating the flickering of real fire. Beneath him, the ground cracked and rumbled, with the very air around him becoming heavier and dense. With the weight increase, he now has faith that he could run these dastardly skeletons down. Gripping the shield tightly, he waited for the reaction of his companions, long hands crawling out of his chest-hole accompanied by maddened howls of laughter. He'll charged down the left path, once they attack! Why? BECAUSE HE SAW LILIREL THROWING SOMETHING THERE EARLIER!