Apostles of The Way (In Character)(Completed)

Novama

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
Online Availability
7pm-10pm est
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical
This is a fantasy adventure RP that follows a group of magic knights called 'Apostles' as they battle and persuade their way across the land in a quest to retrieve a stolen relic and see justice carried out.

If you wish to join us, have additional questions, or simply want to chat, you can find additional information and a link to our discord server in the first post of our OOC here:
Apostles of The Way (Out Of Character)

Reactions: The Last Curse
TL;DR: Stella was exhausted after the fight, eating and drinking away after they were done. When her and Lilirel woke up she decided to play a prank on Lilirel, claiming that they had an amazing one night stand.

Stella had been fighting relentlessly, trying her best to get to the chaos storm. She felt her energy draining from her, and she was afraid that she wouldn't last long. When Helio appeared, the lightning strike that landed right behind her spooked her entirely, causing her to jump from it. She cursed under her breath and continued to fight, until they managed to finally stop the immense horde.

As the battle ended, there were piles and piles of bodies everywhere, the number of ratmen that were defeated were of gigantic numbers. Stella was glad that it was over, and tried her best to help anyone who needed it. Her basic healing didn't do much though, so she ended up having to help bring them towards the medical ward. Seeing the injured being taken care of, she wandered off and began to relax, eating and drinking whatever was available.

The last thing she remembered was music and chatter. When she woke up, she was surprised to see Lilirel near her. She took a moment to process everything, and soon remembered how she was dragged by Lilirel into the room that they were in. They didn't do much, but from Lilirel's expression Stella could tell that she didn't remember a thing, and that she probably thinks it was a one night stand. Going along with it, she spoke with her softest tone possible, although unable to hide the small smirk on her face. "Last night was amazing. You'll take responsibility, right?" She looked up at Lilirel with her signature puppy eyes, hoping that Lilirel would fall for it.

Interactions: @Huntress Lilirel
Mentions: @TheEccentric Sorod, @Miora Helio

Reactions: Novama
TLDR:
-
Giles talks someone to sleep, Gets bored, and decides to head outside to get some deals off of some merchants

"So I start shootin' and they're all screaming and yellin' with the sand in em". Giles stopped his story to take a quick swig from his mug, with a satisfied groan he continued: "Then I started laughing! I mean I'm no sadist or nothin' but golly!". After a hearty laugh, he looked up to check on the poor soul who was subjected to his story. Luckily for them, they passed out a while ago. Giles started to question whether they were even awake in the first place.

Now short of alcohol and people to talk to, he got up from his stool to see if he can find anyone else to chat with. He surveyed the tavern for any person or thing that showed interest in him, unfortunately it seemed everyone was either occupied with something or inebriated. Maybe one of the Apostles could lend an ear, but Giles hadn't a clue where some of them were. He was left with a considerable amount of free time but the cowboy didn't know what to do with it.

The ratman siege prevented him from getting a better feel of the city so Giles decided to go on a little sight-seeing tour. He pushed through the crowds of people until he made it to door of which he promptly exited. As soon as he stepped outside, he stretched his arms as he looked to the scene ahead of him. The streets outside were bustling with people and merchants, all with various bits and bobbles for sale. Giles moved away from the Inn and towards the streets with the hopes to dicker with some merchants.

TLDR: Jeremiah transforms back into human form, gets his arms bandaged up and tries to branch out with another Apostle.

Steam floated up from the waters as Jeremiah poured energy into it, just enough to obscure visibility. First his arms came out of the water, soaked but quickly drying due to his use of chaos. Pulling himself out of the water was a pain, but he had enough body strength to do so, sitting on a rock at the water's edge to pull the rest of himself out of the water. After what felt like years, he was finally dry enough to transform back, leaving an exhausted human Jeremiah in place- steam billowing off of him while his clothes dried on his body.

Eventually he made his way to the medic after his clothes stopped billowing steam, waiting for someone to wrap up his arms and disinfect them before leaving to check on some of the others. Zayne he found resting, and Payne was nowhere to be found, which left not much else to do. So he picked up his own fruity drink at the Inn and wandered around, eventually spotting another Apostle to talk to. It did feel better, going over to the redheaded Apostle with a drink as fruity as his own, pulling up a chair next to her and sitting down causally next to her rather than remembering the events of the fight, how he had to transform and be his other self. Being sociable distracted him from his exhaustion. Maybe he would help the medics later, but at this moment, he didn't care. He would atone for his own slaughter later.

"Hello!" Jeremiah said cheerfully to Diana, taking a sip of his drink after he spoke. "My name is Jeremiah. It's nice to meet you!" He gave her a little wave as a waitress placed a plate of delicious food in front of him.

Interactions:
Diana @CaptainLiterally
Mentions:
Zayne @happydeath
Payne @GhostofManchester

TLDR:
  • Lilirel is trying to remember what she did.
  • She starts getting dressed.

YY53pcY.png

As she held her head, Lilirel had closed her eyes. Her breaths slow and calm. She was processing, attempting to remember but she was struggling to find anything beyond the first few drinks. At the sound of the somewhat familiar voice, Lily tensed. Her eyes opened as she slowly sat up straight, her head turning to the right, eyes on the woman laying behind her. "Well, I'm glad someone enjoyed it." She spoke lowly. Her brow coming up as she looked away from the woman for a moment, eyes narrowing as she once again tried to remember, no luck. "I mean, she looked back towards her fellow Apostle, her name currently escaping Lilirel's mind, but the Aasimar was positive that she had seen her fighting the rat-men, close to the group that had been more central. "I don't really remember what I did, but if I don't take responsibilities for my actions who will?" The question was followed by a soft sigh as she looked away again. Tourmaline eyes staring at nothing. Her attention snapped to the small-figured woman before Lilirel stood up suddenly.

The motion had been a bad idea, her world spinning, vision invaded by splotches of bright colours. There was a small sidestep and a wobble, but the woman managed to keep her footing stable. Clearing her throat, she looked at her bedmate with a small flush to her cheeks. "Was anyone hurt?" She asked as she walked towards the foot of the bed and grabbed her clothes. Starting with her pants, Lilirel waited for an answer to her question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
Estella - @DangoYumi

Mentions:
N/A

Llawr Silpad

TL;DR:
-Llawr raced to the battlefield and spread the word about the Storm's Core
-After the Core is destroyed he helps finish the remainder of the ratmen army, sustaining only minor damage
-Llawr spends extra time after the battle to confirm the safety of his comrades, and helps carry the worn out Zayne to the Medical Quarter
-After sleeping in the Tavern, he gets rushed by villagers before getting some breakfast and sitting next to Ren to talk

Llawr ran as fast as he could. Luckily, some of the Apostles were already aware of the Storm's Core, and he was able to notify the rest so they could aid in ending the Storm. Finally, the battle was coming to an end. After reaching this point, it had become difficult for Llawr to maintain his Blessing of Venta, particularly after he got close to the towering city wall and mountain. He released the spell and helped clean up the remaining ratmen, wincing occasionally when he brought their lives to an end.

Once the battlefield was cleared, he put forth every effort to confirm his comrades' safety. Most of them were congregating to the city, including The Cowboy (Giles) Diana who asked about his own well-being. "No need to worry about me Big Sis; I'm barely hurt and mostly just a little frazzled. To be honest, this is the first big battle I've ever been in," he admitted with a hint of embarrassment and accomplishment at the same time. He wasn't lying either, since most of the harm he'd accrued came from after he reached the city walls and couldn't benefit from his increased agility and was limited to some scratched and scrapes. Looking around again to check on all the Apostles, Llawr noted a few missing members. As the Cait Sith scanned the area, he managed to pick up on the presences of Payne and Jeremiah (whose names he did not know yet) coming from the water a distance away, but he got the feeling that they did not want to be disturbed thanks to his Keen Senses and Intuition so he gave them their space. All that was left was his friend Zayne. That's when he saw the man hobbling towards the city looking totally drained. Llawr quickly moved to help him, only for the man to collapse right on top of him. With a little assistance, Llawr managed to get out from under Zayne and carry him to the Medic Quarter. He then ate a light dinner before sleeping in a room at the Tavern.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Llawr woke at the crack of dawn as usual; a habit he developed during his life as a nomad. Upon getting up he quickly made his bed, dressed in his casual outfit, and exited to the dining area of the Tavern with his belongings slung over his shoulder. Because he had been seen the previous night helping the other Apostles getting back into the city after the Storm ended, he got bombarded by the few villagers that were awake in the tavern. Although he was flattered by the praise he was given, he brushed it off saying that he only helped minimally and that the other Apostles had done more of the work than him. Not wanting to disappoint the villagers, but not wanting to ignore his hunger either, he asked them for a moment alone so he could eat. When they agreed to this with comments of how a strapping young Apostle like him definitely deserves a hearty breakfast and the like, he managed to get himself a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast with a tall glass of milk before noticing Ren sitting alone with her own breakfast plate. With a slight smile on his face, the boy sat next to the girl; "Hey Ren, how are your injuries? Did you sleep okay?" He asked simple yet meaningful questions when he greeted her, fully aware of her difficulty with words.

Interactions

Mentions

TLDR:
- Althea helps those that can't into the Medic Quarters before collapsing in a cot
- Althea collects everyone's gear that needs to be cleaned and washes them
- Althea goes to enjoy a meal at the Tavern

The battle had been hard fought, but Althea stayed behind with the townsfolk to retrieve everyone from the battlefield. Among all of the dead ratmen, none of her companions had perished, but most of them were in critical condition. Once everyone was inside the town walls and into the infirmary, Althea stayed up as long as she could to help with the healing process before collapsing.

The next morning she found that she had been moved to one of the cots and had been treated for her injuries. While she wanted to know what kind of medicines the healers were using, the importance of the team outweighed her personal interests, so she made a mental note to ask later. Althea ate a quick breakfast before moving to the tavern to collect everyone's belongings that they weren't using and took them to the river to be washed. While she was there she came across Sorod training with his spear. He was fiercely stabbing at the air, so she chose a spot farther upstream to wash.

Hours passed as Althea was lost in her work, cleaning and making repairs to everyone's equipment, but eventually she returned to the tavern to deliver everyone's belongings. With that out of the way, she moved to the residential area for some proper food and drink. She found Ren tearing into her breakfast with Llawr and Diana looking lonely at the bar.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Althea asked Ren and Llawr before sitting down.

Mentions:
Sorod - @TheEccentric
Diana - @CaptainLiterally

Interactions:
Everyone to ask if they had something they needed washing
Ren - @Karyra
Llawr - @Lore Magus

Situation
Time: 12:10 PM
Date: October 17th 327(CE)
Weather: Partly cloudy with otherwise blue skies and cool weather and a warm sun. Inside Taruhm, its warmer like used gymnasium.
Those Involved: @Ariel @happydeath @GhostofManchester @CaptainLiterally @lXlGamemaster @TheEccentric @Rebelle @Huntress @The Last Curse @chaosheart13 @Lore Magus @Karyra @slifer @DangoYumi @Miora
TooLongDidn'tRead: The Apostles enjoy a calm following the storm in Taruhm...

Note From The Author: (Characters are free to rp in the town for a while. Let me know when you are ready to move to the next scene. Let me know if there's something you want from me or an npc specifically. Assume they are all around and are generally viewing you guys in a favorable light for presumably saving the town.)
Post Listening:

c9v3E.jpg

The River

Sorod would be able to practice in peace. Occasionally, a boat would go past on the river or some merchants would go by on the road to Taruhm, but he was otherwise left to gaze on the vast expanse of the plains alone. The weather was nice though he couldn't feel it.

The Tavern

The patrons of the tavern and curious onlookers that came in all viewed the Apostles in the common room with awe, respect, or envy. Some occasionally asked what they intended to do next, what they were doing in Taruhm, and what it took to become an Apostle, but it was all just a buzz of activity in the background to the discussions of the Apostles as they had lunch in the common room. The late sleepers would be missing out on some good food but would escape the rowdiness of the peasantry.

Last Stop Cafe

Giles would find himself wandering the many narrow streets and walk ways in the multilayered town. During his walk, he would spy a cloaked Zayne slip into an out of the way Cafe. The comforting aroma and warmth of the cafe was perceptible from the corridor outside.
Mister Yang peered at Zayne through squinted eyes after he moved behind the counter and started getting supplies ready for use.

"What will you have? You don't look like a usual. Perhaps you'd appreciate a more exotic blend?"

The old man started measuring out beans and water with deft hands that didn't fit his otherwise decrepit appearance. There were several empty, padded seats and booths to choose from to relax and be comforted by the smells, soft lightning, warmth, and soft brewing.

TLDR; Payne listens to a horrible soul, making quite the scene. A soldier confronts him about the racket.

The Sound of the Soul

Payne was shaking. The things spoken by the ratman were horrible. With much difficulty, it was able to muster out some words, but more intense were the dark emotions it emanated.

"Kill. Eat. Rip. Slay. Capture. Pleasure. Kill. Burn. Torment... Torture.... Apo--sssss-El. Hate. Hate. HATE. HATE!" These words whispered from the soul on repeat, barely audible at all at first, but with each repetition they became louder, and more furious.

A cacophony of terrible images flew through Payne's mind the deeper he peered into the Chaos-Born soul. Payne felt a terrible ripping feeling within himself the longer he gazed into the soul. This wasn't right. This wasn't a being that was meant to exist.

Payne was shaking. He wasn't sure if it was from fear or anger. He didn't notice that other Apostles had entered the establishment. He didn't notice the odd looks he was getting from the patrons of the Tavern. He didn't notice the soldier who now stood by his table.

"Excuse me Sir Apostle. Sir Apostle. SIR APOSTLE!"

Payne finally snapped out of it. He finally took notice of the soldier. Payne was breathing hard. His pulse was racing harder than it had during the battle the previous day. Taking a deep breath he turned to the soldier.

"Yes? What... What can I help you with?"

The soldier was stony faced.

"May I ask, Sir Apostle, what the source of that horrible whispering is? It's spoiling mine and the other patrons drinking."

Payne tried, as subtly as he could, to slip the jar under the table, and screw the lid back on without being noticed.

"I was just... I apologize for any disturbance I may have caused. I was deep in thought after that battle. Didn't realize what a spectacle I was making of myself."

Last edited by a moderator:
TL;DR: diana speeches sum with a mermaid
~~

Diana's attitude brightened instantly once she noticed that another apostle was making his way towards her. Her customary smile lit up her face once more, inspiring her to finally take a sip from her drink. It was unsurprisingly sweet, but it had a bitter aftertaste that made her crinkle her brow in distaste. She shook away the expression before replying to her new friend;

"Hello, Jeremiah!" she replied cheerfully while returning his wave, "I'm Diana."

The red-head instinctively swallowed another sip from her drink and quickly regretted doing so, her face contorting into a grimace for a half second before she could swallow the taste from her mouth. She smiled at her own myopia before continuing the sentence, not wanting the conversation to become awkward.

"I didn't see you during the battle, I don't think. It was crazy, though, wasn't it?" she said before internally sighing seconds later. She really did not want to talk about the battle, but her subconscious couldn't help but bring it up in conversation.

~~
Interactions:
@silfer

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 9.14.03 PM.png

Interactions: @Lore Magus @lXlGamemaster
Mentions:
Tl;DR: Ren is bad at Real Names, but offers to help out Althea later heal people and asks if Llawr wants to help.
(Note: the names are misspelled on purpose to imitate how she's saying them. Which is poorly.)
The crowd was really starting to bother Ren, and she sincerely considered escaping to somewhere else in the town. That was when Llawr arrived with his plate of breakfast. Grateful for Apostle company, Ren visibly relaxed. Things were Safer now that she wasn't alone.

"Yes! The floors are very comfortable. And the rooms are easy to put back," Ren reported. "I am unbroken. More worried about the others. They were more Hurt."

The bruises itched under her clothes, but they weren't bad enough to require effort to be spent on anyone's part.

"I hope Little Mage is all right, Cat." Ren then corrected herself, "I mean I hope Atlae is all right, Lawlr."

Ren was poor at names, but she tried to simplify it by giving nicknames. But since the crowd was rowdy, and she didn't always let people know what their nicknames were, it could get confusing. However, her concerns were eased by the arrival of Althea.

"Don't work too hard Little- Atlea. Worried that Atela will get too Tired from Helping. I could... I could play Corner Game to help you while you Help others? Or make ice? Do you want to Help too, Llraw?"

Between the three of them, the town should be recovering quickly and then they could continue their thief chase. While waiting for an answer, Ren stuffed down more of her bacon by the mouthful.

TooLongDidn'tRead: Sorod is returning to Taruhm, to check on his fellow Apostles.

His spear's shadow followed after the movements his arm made, with a mere twist of his wrist, Longinu spiraled into a tornado of strikes and slashes. The gurgling of the river calmed his frustration, and him venting helped alleviate the stress further. He doesn't understand why he's feeling these things, he knows what's causing it, just not why it's happening. Behind the negativity though, the curiosity and wonder about his conditions are still stronger than whatever's making him swing his weapon.

Watching the passing vessels though, the Iron Golem turned his head to the side, glancing curiously at these floating wooden objects that came in and out of his vision. The people along the road with carts and horses and other knickknacks also attracted his fancy, they carried with them many things he had not seen before. The souls in his chest moaned in more quiet volumes, speaking of his dampening mood, and it didn't take long for him to be calmed once more. He glanced at Longinus in his hands, and heaved a sigh he wasn't expecting to release. He turned in place and started walking alongside the river, back towards Taruhm.

Back to his cheer, he took his steps with a lightness he doesn't possess, so his feet made the ground rumble. Luckily, the mud along the banks of the river only made his feet sink, and nothing more. He'd kick up patches of mud, dirt, and probably clay, whenever he pulled took another step forward. Swinging his arms side to side, the noisy iron entity returned to Taruhm, in hopes of finding his companions and asking them about their health. One thing he noticed, he's very different from everybody! He doesn't have the red fluid of life, "Blood", nor did he have awareness of what "Pain" is, all he knows is that the others can feel it, and he can't. He needs to check if they're still leaking out Blood, and still feeling Pain!

"So-With a flask in hand and a blade in the other, with gold in bulk slipped into your mother-Rod! So-Adventure down the old stone pass, in drunken haze and lips quite crass-Rod!", believing this an appropriate time to "express" himself, Sorod decided to sing a little tune he heard back in The Abbey, when he was out exploring the streets by his lonesome.

Mentions: Everyone!
Interactions: Nada

TL;DR: Knell eats at the medical ward after getting up and gets a bearing on her surroundings.

Knell found herself waking up really late in the medical ward, groaning as she tried to remember what happened during the battle. Did she...faint? How embarrassing... With a sigh, she glanced over to the bedstand beside her, noticing that there was untouched food there. With a groan, she ruffled her black hair, blue eyes blinking rapidly for a moment as she tried to get her bearings. "God..." she huffed as she glanced once more at the food. Sitting upright, she gently took the plate containing the simple meal in hand and began to nibble on it, not really feeling that hungry since she just woke up.

As she ate, she couldn't help but see that her standard clothing was off and wrapped around her arms and chest were bandages. Really tight ones by the looks of it. With a wry smile, she couldn't help but marvel how tight bandages were...a bit nice. She was usually use to loose bandages to keep out the cold. Tight ones...were a bit nice. A little hard to breathe, but that was okay. Shifting her attention away from her own body, she glanced around at the room she was in. It...didn't seem like she was alone. And there were some wounded... The girl began to frown as she replayed the events of yesterday, if it was even yesterday, in her head. "How did...?" she murmured as she ate. Was she knocked out? Did she use too much magic? Or did she just...break down? Hopefully not the later. Her eyes widened at a sudden thought and she brought out her black wings, feeling them flutter behind her. "...Oh, right. Not out then," she huffed as she hid them once more. At least her wings were okay but even then... Heaving another sigh, she put the food aside and just sat there, observing the world around her.

TLDR:
- Althea eats her food and enjoys a conversation with Ren and Llawr

Althea smiled cheerfully and dug into her food while she chewed on Ren's words. If she heard correctly the girl had spent the night on the floor, but that was hardly surprising when talking about the Frost Wolf. Althea didn't know anything other than her name and title, but there was a sort of alien way that the girl spoke and talked, like an animal that had learned to speak. Being born as a fully matured being, Althea couldn't even begin to comprehend what kind of childhood Ren must have had.

"I-I'm glad to hear that you're well. I'm pretty sure everyone has been taken care of; these city doctors really know their stuff."

Althea continued to eat while Ren continued. She was getting more used to the way that she talked, and smiled at her attempt to correct herself. When she inquired about helping her with her work, Althea's face became beet red.

"Y-You don't have to help me! I've been hired to help everyone on the mission, including the little things, so I don't mind it at all."

Her face softened a bit as Ren continued to eat. Normally it was expected of a Magi to do their work without aid or handicaps, so it took her by surprise when someone offered to help her, even if it was "Playing the corner game". Determined to change the subject, Althea smiled as she addressed the others.

"I was really surprised to see your powers, Ren! The way the ice formed around your body, it made you look like the wolf that you're named after!"

She looked to Llawr.

"And while I wasn't able to see most of you in the fight, what I did see was a tornado of fists and kicks! So cool..."

Interactions:
Ren - @Karyra
Llawr - @Lore Magus

Morwen Estel.jpeg

M O R W E N E S T E L

I N T E R A C T I O N S ;;
> P a y n e .
> N P C : S o l d i e r .

T D L R ;;
- Morwen arrives in Taruhm and uses her darkness teleportation.
- She searches for her companion apostles.
- She finds the majority in the Tavern but has exhausted a lot of energy doing so.
- She approaches Payne after seeing him with the soldier.
- She asks Payne if he is alright even though normally she would of ignored whatever had gone between the two.

A loud sigh of relief left her lips as she approached the town of Taruhm. Her journey was a quiet and peaceful one that she enjoyed, it wasn't often that she had the ability to travel alone, especially since the Abbot was always so keen to send her on group missions. It was certainly something that she had to adjust to since in the Dark Elf culture she was taught not to trust anybody and anybody who truly knew her, knew about her discomfort working in groups. She spent a few more moments distracted by her thoughts before the sound of a woman and her children pulled her from her thoughts and back into the real world. Morwen blinked once and then glanced around to take in her surroundings. The women and children she heard were only a few feet from her and it seemed like the child was being disciplined for some reason she didn't care to stick around and inquire about, however, when the mother looked up from her child and saw her staring at her, the woman froze and then picked up her child and ran off.

Without any words, from her shadow emerged a trail of what looked like black smoke that wrapped around her legs and then slithered up around her hips, over her torso, enveloping her whole body in the black essence. Fully emerged in the black smoke, she vanished.

With the time it took to search for her companions, she was exhausted by the time she made it to the tavern. She stepped out of the darkest corner of the tavern and stretched her arms above her head. Morwens sudden appearance startled some of the patrons of the tavern but she ignored them and looked around.

The dark purple being was the only one of her kind in the tavern and she wasn't surprised by that fact at all. It didn't help that the parts of her body that were exposed were littered with thin and thick white lines along with the biggest one running down her right eye, which was fully black apart from her red pupil, from a traumatic moment of her past. She moved through the tavern, her steps light, barely making a sound. She saw that many of her companions had found someone to interact with and after observing them for a while undetected, she approached Payne and the soldier. She caught just last part of their conversation, hearing Payne apologise for something he had done. Despite her want to brush off whatever conversation they were having, something told her she should be asking questions. It seemed as though her companions already encountered a battle and she needed to know about it.

"Payne..." She asked, her gaze drifting to the soldier who was now looking at her and then to Payne. "...Is everything alright?" She finished,
a slight tone of exhaustion in her voice.

It was the same look from anybody she has encountered on her journey, one filled with a lack of trust with a hint of fear. Dark Elves did not have a good reputation as most of her kind were thieves, assassins and ruthless warriors and she was no exception of that. She experienced many battles for her own sanity, fighting against a thirst for blood and chaos every waking moment of her day.

TL;DR: Stella continued teasing Lilirel, while she remembered what had happened last night.

Stella had been watching Lilirel, amused at the reply she had given. She tried her best to stiffle a laugh and continued, the soft tone still in her voice. "No one was hurt really. But we did have quite a bit of fun." Stella grabbed the blankets on the bed and held it in front of her chest, even though she was still completely clothed. She was surprised that Lilirel hadn't noticed that fact, and using the blanket she had hoped to hide it. She loved seeing Lilirel's reaction to this situation, seeing how different she was compared to the night before was interesting to Stella.

Stella remembered clearly, Lilirel being drunk and going crazy in the tavern. Stella wanted a front row seat to this madness so she followed Lilirel around, watching her stumble into chairs and mumble drunkenly to people. It wasn't before long until Lilirel noticed her, and dragged her towards the bedroom that they were currently in. She watched Lilirel take off her clothes, but before anything else happened Lilirel collapsed, falling fast asleep onto the bed. Stella took a moment to bring herself back to reality while she kept her eyes on Lilirel, waiting patiently for her response.

Interactions: @Huntress Lilirel
Mentions: None

TooLongDidn'tRead: Sorod is returning to Taruhm, to check on his fellow Apostles.

Back to his cheer, he took his steps with a lightness he doesn't possess, so his feet made the ground rumble. Luckily, the mud along the banks of the river only made his feet sink, and nothing more. He'd kick up patches of mud, dirt, and probably clay, whenever he pulled took another step forward. Swinging his arms side to side, the noisy iron entity returned to Taruhm, in hopes of finding his companions and asking them about their health. One thing he noticed, he's very different from everybody! He doesn't have the red fluid of life, "Blood", nor did he have awareness of what "Pain" is, all he knows is that the others can feel it, and he can't. He needs to check if they're still leaking out Blood, and still feeling Pain!

"So-With a flask in hand and a blade in the other, with gold in bulk slipped into your mother-Rod! So-Adventure down the old stone pass, in drunken haze and lips quite crass-Rod!", believing this an appropriate time to "express" himself, Sorod decided to sing a little tune he heard back in The Abbey, when he was out exploring the streets by his lonesome.

Mentions: Everyone!
Interactions: Nada

TL;DR: Tomoe greets Sorod.

"Well, that's a bit of nostalgia for you," said a familiar voice from off to Sorod's side. "I haven't heard that song in years."

A shock of white hair appeared in Sorod's field of vision. The same voice continued, "Down here, big guy. You're looking better. Those ratmen did a real number on you, eh?... hey, I'm sorry for stepping on your head while you were busy with them and all that, but you were the most convenient platform for me to leap at that leader.... Anyway, I'm glad you made it out fine. Going to visit some of the others?"

Tomoe grinned at Sorod and laid a firm hand on his arm. "How about giving me a ride? We could make this a regular thing, y'know? Bet I could get some real air with you launching me...."

TLDR:
  • Lilirel gave up on trying to remember what she did. Satisfied that no one was hurt.
  • She's dressed and decides to head downstairs to the tavern for some food, she's starving.
  • Lilirel joins Morwen, Payne and the guard at their table.

YY53pcY.png

There was a brief glance over her shoulder as Lilirel pulled her pants on. She chose to say nothing in response to the practically repeated statement. Knowing that no one was really hurt was good enough for her. As she finished putting her clothes on Lily did a quick once over of the room to make sure she had gathered her belongings before placing her hands on her hips and nodding to herself. "Right." She looked towards Stella. "Well, I'm gonna go check and see if there's any food left downstairs. I'm starving." She stated. "I'll see ya down there I guess." The raven-haired woman threw a quick and casual salute towards her bedmate and stepped out.

Closing the door behind her, Lilirel's pace was brisk. Footfalls thudding down the stairs as she stepped into the main room of the tavern. Looking around she noticed quite a few of her fellow apostles scattered about, conversing with one another. It was a relief to see a large number of them here, there wouldn't be a need to go searching around for everyone individually before moving along. Making her way towards the bar, Lilirel could feel eyes upon her, a sense of uneasiness coming over the woman as she briefly glanced around towards the patrons eyeing her. She assumed the looks were due to whatever ruckus she may have caused the night prior.

Placing an order for whatever meal she could get, Lilirel caught the feint sound of an extremely familiar voice. Her brow came up as she paid for her meal and turned to look over her shoulder. Catching the dark skin and pale hair, she smiled slightly before turning around to face the table she would make her way towards. "Keep the change." She glanced at whoever was behind the bar before starting towards Payne, the guard and Morwen.

Coming around behind the elf Lilirel ruffled the hair on top of the woman's head before taking a seat next to her. "Would ya look at that?" She spoke with a grin. "Look who's come to join us! Glad to see you again Morwen." The smile remained on Lilirel's face. "How's it been trying to get over that group phobia?" She whispered the question as she leaned in close to the Dark Elf. Sitting up straight again she looked across the table towards the armor-clad man and then glanced towards the gentleman standing next to their table, "Morning." She nodded, despite it most likely being a little later than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
Estella - @DangoYumi
Morwen - @corrosiveblood
Payne - @GhostofManchester
Bartender / Guard - @Novama

Mentions:
N/A

Last edited:

Situation
Time: 12:20 PM
Date: October 17th 327(CE)
Weather: Partly cloudy with otherwise blue skies and cool weather and a warm sun. Inside Taruhm, its warmer like used gymnasium and lit by torches and the occasional arrow slits
Those Involved: @Ariel @happydeath @GhostofManchester @CaptainLiterally @lXlGamemaster @TheEccentric @Huntress @The Last Curse @chaosheart13 @Lore Magus @Karyra @slifer @DangoYumi @Miora @corrosiveblood
TooLongDidn'tRead: The Apostles are summoned for an audience with the mayor of the town...

Note From The Author: (Slow pokes or those wishing to continue to converse may. Those looking to advance the plot may look into the invite...)
Post Listening:

78bfd835dd4a87308f208864277e263d.jpg

In several locations around the town of Taruhm, a messenger, or perhaps several, appeared before the Apostles. A small cafe, the tavern, or the hospital, it did not matter where. All of them were dressed in a utility based manner that would be good for town or out in the mountainous wilderness. They were armed and carried themselves well, displaying a precise grace. Making themselves known to the Apostles, only the Prescient among them would have noticed their arrival before hand.

"I have come in the name of our town leader: Granite Taruhm. He wishes an audience with the Apostles that aided our town during the storm and would like to discuss additional matters with them at length. Please follow me, if you would,"

The messenger had already received a wide berth when he was known. After his words, the space around him only grew as the townspeople looked back and forth among themselves and the Apostles. It seemed as though this was a noteworthy occurrence to the populace. All prior discussions or concerns had become moot to the townsfolk. A sealed letter was handed from the messenger to the Apostles in their various locations. The inside document delivered a similar message in the educated hand of someone who knew how to write and felt the need to ink a quality message. It was signed by the town mayor, Granite Taruhm.

Giving the Apostles enough time to read the note for themselves and briefly discuss, the messenger would then take his leave and dutifully stride through the narrow streets of the town into the mountainside of Taruhm. It was here in this most defended point, that are large building was constructed and actively guarded at all entry points by town soldiers. Well equipped and alert, they would acknowledge the messenger and allow his entry. Any that showed up with the messenger would be allowed in. Those that arrived some time later by themselves would need to deliver the letter to the guards to be allowed in.

The exterior of the Mayor's home and office were similar to the rest of town: white, thick walls without design. However, rather than torches, the property and its interior were lit with ever burning coals infused with chaos that gave off a purple glow. The interior was a bit nicer with some of the floors being tiled with ceramic or marble and others being laid with wood and carpet. Stone busts of family members and previous leaders lined some of the halls and a few paintings of people and landscapes hung overhead.

Whether by guards or by messenger, the Apostles would eventually be guided to the Mayor's office. It was a large sitting room with a lit fireplace and a nice desk at its center. Soft, decorated rugs lined the floor and books on shelves covered the walls. There was enough sitting or standing room for 30 or so people. This room was likely used as a gathering place where the Mayor could speak with other town officials about the day to day business. Granite Taruhm sat behind his desk with a cane leaning against the desk. The dwarf's eyes were old, piercing, and not as easily excited by the presence of Apostles as they townsfolk.

Whether escorted by messenger or guard, the party would be instructed to be respectful and introduce themselves. The Mayor, in turn patiently waited for the Apostles to situate themselves so the matter at hand could be discussed.

f230a2d61f6bbf3c34d24dacb668da09.jpg

5737a273bd4914ed8dd5171946be4b83.png

> After approached by the messenger and reading the letter, he continues to wait for Giles to see if he'd like to find the others first or head to the indicated location.
Waiting for the elderly man that ran the café to enter the room after calling out for him, by the time he had entered only to approach the counter and prepare the different beans and the machine that blended the ingredients together. The fact that he did not address Zayne by his name or even bring up anything about the past made the male realize that the elderly man probably did not recognize him after-all. With a low sigh, he only nodded at first in response to the old man's comment. "I'll just have the home special.." After completing and order, Zayne wandered his way over towards one of the tables by the window just to take a glimpse outside and eventually come into sight of one of the Apostles wandering outside; it was Giles. Arching a brow as to why he was walking around randomly, Zayne helped himself out of his seat just to leave the cafe and wave for the fellow Apostle to come in; having some extra company from a fellow Apostle even if he didn't know Gile's name would hopefully remove some of the awkwardness in Zayne on the issue with how the owner of the cafe didn't seem to recognize him any longer.

"Hey! Uhh...Cowboy man!"

As he called out to the fellow Apostle in hopes to get his attention, the hooded male was caught off guard when the appearance of a stranger approached him only to state that the leader of the town would like a word with the Apostles regarding the storm that they had just taken care of as well as other matters. With an arched brow as he also handed Zayne a letter, rather than immediately follow after this stranger who came literally out of nowhere; after reading the letter and watching as the messenger made his way to leave, Zayne awaited for Giles to see if he was going to believe this was the wisest idea or not to follow now or if the two of them should discuss this with other Apostles who may had also received the same invitation.

Interactions
@The Last Curse

TLDR: Jeremiah talks to Diana, is unsure of her words, gets a message, decides to stick to the plot.

Thankfully, him and Diana were in a corner, so the others were getting the brunt of the awed onlookers. He wasn't replying to them much, eating a bite of fruit here, sipping his drink there, mainly to fortify himself after her question. "I was at the battle. I was fighting by the river." Jeremiah replied, choosing to ignore the fact that the question she had asked was pretty close to being insulting. If she knew what he was- or the lie he let everyone believe, then she would know he wasn't as useful away from the river- which only made her question seem more insulting. Unless she didn't mean it that way, something he had to keep in the back of his mind before he actually said something he would regret. Diana may have been just asking a question, and her personality was foreign enough to wait and see what she did next before forming an opinion of her.

Before he could change the subject, a man came into the inn, someone imposing. It didn't take that long for Jeremiah to realize that this man was a messenger, and he had an important message for them. With a quiet word of thanks he accepted the note, breaking the seal immediately so he could read the letter. "Diana, I think we should go to Mr. Tahrum to hear what he has to say. I plan on going, but I would like to be joined by someone else, as I don't know if the others will come." Jeremiah spoke, his gaze briefly landing on the other Apostles that were in the Inn before returning to her face. Technically, he would count as a face of the party due to his extra power, but going anywhere on his own was akin to painting a target sign on his back, even if it was to the mayor's house.

Sure, he wanted to continue talking to Diana, but if she did not come, he would follow anyone else accompanying the messenger. When asked for his name he would give it- Jeremiah, and would give the man a greeting one gave to an equal, a practiced formality he had learned by heart. Tahrum may be the mayor of this town, but they were Apostles, and thus deserving of equal respect, especially after pretty much saving the town.

Interactions:
Diana @CaptainLiterally
Mentions:
Everyone visible in the tavern