Apostles of The Way (In Character)(Completed)

Novama

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
Online Availability
7pm-10pm est
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical
This is a fantasy adventure RP that follows a group of magic knights called 'Apostles' as they battle and persuade their way across the land in a quest to retrieve a stolen relic and see justice carried out.

If you wish to join us, have additional questions, or simply want to chat, you can find additional information and a link to our discord server in the first post of our OOC here:
Apostles of The Way (Out Of Character)

Reactions: The Last Curse
TL;DR: This is really just a post of how Labra is keeping track of everyone and brushes her hair before leaving her hood down for now. Bad memories run through her head and she gets slight sad.

Labra shook her head slightly as the sun went behind the mountains and the veranda was cast in shadows. She sighed, lifting her face to the cool breeze that drifted across the air almost lazily. A small smile crossed the Imp's face and she shook her hood back for a minute, letting the breeze lift her hair around her and cool her scalp. The small red and white horns that grew out of the sides of her head peeked through the cloud of black hair, an odd sight when paired with the pointed ears that were also seen from time to time. The cool air against her neck made her sigh happily and dig through her bag for a brush. Digging one out, she collected her hair and started to brush the tangles and other assorted things that aren't supposed to be in hair. Slowly brushing through her hair while listening and watching everything around her, she noticed the scent lady leaving and her Chaos nearing Ren's, so that was where Labra guessed she had gone; to talk with Ren. The Phoenix was still sitting on the ground in the shadows, after being chastised by the Mayor, but she couldn't see his face so she didn't know how he felt about that. Shurik and Lilirel were going deeper into the caves, their Chaos mixing together at times and drifting apart at others. She sensed the rest of the team's Chaos nearby, so she presumed they were still on the veranda for now. Sighing as she finished brushing out the last of her hair, Labra slipped the brush back into her bag and snuggled down into the tablecloth, shaking her head at the servants that tried to take it from her. A steady stream of numbers and random pictures ran through her head, making no sense to anyone who happened to glance at her mind, but making total sense to the Moon Imp. A picture of a moon-lit tree and random white figure flitting around the tree flashed through her mind and she flinched. A mental wall slammed down on her mind, blocking out the stream of numbers coming from the other Apostles as she shoved the memories of her old Swarm into the dark corner they had resided in for the past countless years. The wall crumbled as the memories faded and the stream of numbers ran through her head again, distracting herself with the data.

Mentions:
Just about everyone whos still alive
Interactions: None

Last edited:
Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 9.14.03 PM.png

Interactions: @Elvario
Mentions:
Tl;DR: Ren gives and explanation on the mask, which isn't much of one
Ren jumped about a foot in the air when she heard Euthalia speak. She had been so focused on her task that she'd neglected to hear people coming up behind her.

True, she didn't really know this Apostle very well, but she wasn't going to be rude, either.

"Con... trap... tion...?" Ren said slowly. Turning the word over in her mouth. She pointed to her mask hanging at her neck. "This? It stores Chaos energy. Abbot gave it I think?"

Ren shrugged. She'd had it for a long time, and she really wasn't one to get too attached to objects. She could have just picked it up because it was shiny or found it somewhere or maybe the Abbot really did give it to her.

"Not sure when I got it. Had it a long time, and I like it." Ren shrugged. "It's not much of an answer, but I... don't remember well."

Ren paced a little, leaving small traces of frost, which was less than before, but she was still worked up. She didn't want to sit and exchange words. She wanted to go... do something.

"Do we need any... ah... uh..." Ren said, snapping her fingers to recall the words. "Suuplie? No, ah... supplies! Do we need any supplies? Mayer said shops will have reasonable... prices. I'm no good with..." Ren fished out a coin and held it up. Frost slowly started creeping up the metal. "This."

Words were hard when she was worked up like this, and she hated trying to remember them in front of strangers, but she was too eager for a task to care.

Reactions: Mini
Euthalia Apricot

TL;DR More talk with Ren.

Euthalia was a bit startled when by Ren's sudden jump, as she wasn't expecting to scare Ren. Either the girl had been deep in thoughts, or Euthalia was more of a plant-ninja than she was aware off. In either case, Euthalia was quite perplexed by how someone could have such a clearly present feature adorn their face without even being sure where it was from. "I see." Truth be told, Euthalia didn't get it, but she somehow felt like she wasn't going to get much more out of the girl.

For that matter, it seemed like Ren was up for something else. "Yes, I just talked about it with the mayor." She though for a moment, and a longer time OOC due to not knowing the results of that conversation yet. "Regardless of whether it'll cost us or not, we are going to need them." There were a few issues. "That said, I always fail to remember what mammals eat. The last time I tried buying someone food, they were quite offended, even though the hay seemed of a rather great quality and was certainly enough in quantity." Well, with some luck, they could fill in for each-others weaknesses. "I do believe to be fairly competent with the exchange of money for supplies itself, for as long as I know what is needed, so maybe we can help each-other."

Euthalia smiled, although there was one thing that did worry her a bit. "I do worry a bit about our funds in general, as I must admit I don't posses any money whatsoever." There was another problem, which seemed to be Ren's level of conversation, as it seemed like she didn't get a lot of the words. Sadly enough, Euthalia wasn't confident enough to stray from her normal relatively formal speech in an attempt to lower the difficulty of some of the words she used. Things would probably turn out fine, however, for as long as Ren wouldn't accidentally freeze her. Her species wasn't the best with temperatures below zero.

--------------------------------​
Mentioned: -
Interacted with: Sorenthath @Karyra

(Italics are thoughts, bold is speech.)

5737a273bd4914ed8dd5171946be4b83.png

Even with the piercing gaze that the Mayor gave Zayne, the phoenix kept his own gaze matched with the elderly dwarf's as he listened to each word the man spoke. This was not the first time he had seen such a person stare at him in such a way so it wasn't as though it really affected him in anyway. Without so much as a word in response to the dwarf, Zayne soon took his gaze away from the dwarf just to shift his attention at his surroundings once more so that he could focus on recovering his Chaos and energy for the trip that was still ahead of the Apostles.

Soon enough, as one of the female Apostles spoke up in such a way towards the Mayor as she brought up the losses the Apostles have gone through and their lack of resources currently; Zayne still kept his gaze elsewhere before he soon shut his eyes just to slowly let himself drift off into a slumber so that his body could recover quicker.

Interactions
N/A​

Situation
Time: 8:00 AM
Date: October 20th 327(CE)
Weather: Cloudy and chilly with a light mist hanging in the air and limited vision
Those Involved: @Ariel @happydeath @GhostofManchester @CaptainLiterally @lXlGamemaster @TheEccentric @Huntress @The Last Curse @chaosheart13 @Lore Magus @Karyra @slifer @DangoYumi @Miora @corrosiveblood @Agonite @DrabiaTheKiller @TheCrimsonFker @Elvario
TooLongDidn'tRead: The party has reached the destination and found the target. Now to decide how it goes...

Note From The Author: (Despite the phrasing, no characters have to be where the party is. Ask plenty of questions.)
Post Listening:

4bb9e899b70f229dc51c16b34926bfa4--fantasy-house-fantasy-forest.jpg

Forest Village of Pinnacle

The party would find themselves in the village they left the abbey for. Their target, the thief, would be here. They were dozens of meters off the forest floor in the hybrid walkways and branches of the village. Swirling mists obscured the dangers on the forest floor and limited what they could see in the distance. However, the walkways of the village, built high in the trees, were not without their own sets of dangers. Various creatures of the shadow prowled and it would not take long for one or more such wanderers to find the party. Aside from the beasts and monsters, the town seemed devoid of the village's original occupants. The homes and businesses seemed empty aside from the occasional monster that loafed inside or looted it.

A couple days had passed since the party's departure from Taruhm. Rested, restocked, and guided through the mine, they were able to bypass the crumbled mountain pass and immediately start hiking into the mountains. It was not long before the Apostles started encountering roaming beasts of chaos. While not uncommon to spawn in such isolated places, the number and strength of them was a concerning sign of something being off. Whether through cunning or being overwhelmed, the party would eventually take to the thick, interconnected trees to advance up the mountain toward the village. As they advanced, so too did the fog. Despite the issues of visibility, falling to the ground seemed like a horrible idea for countless reasons.

The more prescient among the Apostles would note a familiar stench of death in the area and could perhaps peer through the fog to see it: a horde of undead clustered up ahead on one of the major connecting walkways near the center of the tree village. Among the undead horde were chaos witches like the ones they witnessed in the cave. What's more, there were 3 shimmering points like in the mines and there were actively allowing more chaos creatures to flow into the village. At the center of it all in that plaza of connected pathways, sat a throne of bones and on it sat a man, the thief, with the stolen abbey artifact in his hand.

1168147-1920x1080-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg

Despite the party's distance and the swirling mists, it seemed as though their presence was not unnoticed. The chaos creatures seemed agitated and started to swarm the walkways and bridges to the party's general location. Their numbers were beyond counting until the shimmering portals were closed. The noise of their inhuman cries and stomping of feet grew louder.

monsters.png

Reactions: Mini and DangoYumi
TL;DR: Estella decided to rest more before they headed out, and after realising the three points and familiar chaos, she quickly turned to Diana who she knew was in the cave fight to ask for more information.

Stella had walked away to nap some more after the conversation with the mayor went down, replenishing more energy before they had to head out. She had woken up fresh and ready to go, her hair slightly messy from the amazing sleep that she got from her nap. She didn't notice her messy strands and continued to let it flow as they climbed the mountain.

Once they had arrived, Stella immediately sensed the strong chaos, one that was eerily similar to the ones she sensed deep in the caves. She took a sharp breath in, and scanned the surroundings with shaky eyes. Noticing the glint of the shimmering points of chaos, she squinted to try and see if she could see more, but the fog had significantly blocked her sight. However, she could see figures pouring out from the glimmering points, and figured that someone who was in the cave might know what that was or what was happening. Turning to Diana, who was someone she remembered being in the caves during the fight, she dashed towards her, asking her if she knew anything about these shining points. "Diana, do you know what those things are? Are they, some sort of portal or?" She asked, preparing herself for battle if any of the chaos creatures would come near.

Interactions: Diana @CaptainLiterally

TLDR: hot headed diana affirms estella's guess

Diana, feeling replenished from the last night's energizing rest, braced herself against that sickening stench of death. Her loose hair gently blew about her shoulders, pushed around by the swirling mists. The forest provided a reassurance that she didn't find in the caves. The atmosphere was almost... relaxing. Her victory had taken place somewhere not nearly as filled with lush greenery as this place, and yet she still won. Now, she had more power than ever! The entire world was under her control. Her inflated ego filled her with confidence despite the very eerie and hopeless atmosphere.

The ginger turned to Estella once she spoke her name. It was only when her friend mentioned it when Diana noticed the familiar portals through the mists.

"Yes! Yes, I do!" she said excitedly. This was going to be easier than she thought. "All we have to do is destroy those portals. That should bring an end to the flow of monsters and the troll's powers. Once we do that, winning this victory should be easy!"

But as soon as she said those words, doubt and fear finally began to seep in. The faces of her fallen friends flashed before her eyes and she remembered the cost of their victory.

"But we must be careful and precise," she finished.

~

Interactions:
@DangoYumi

Reactions: DangoYumi and Mini
TL;DR: Labra somehow doesn't recall having walked to the forest,recognizes part of the woods, almost gets found by one of the monsters, and then runs for the nearest person, which is Diana, and kinda hides in her skirts.

Labra shuddered as she opened her eyes again, startled to find herself in a forest village. One that looked oddly familiar. How did I get here? She wondered, peering around, trying to look through the mists that surrounded her. Dark trees loomed over her on either side, and the walkways of the Pinnacle Forest Village crisscrossed above her in the light emitting from the tree houses. She trotted over to the base of one of the trees, looking up and somehow knowing that this was where the Star Moon Swarm had been. The Star Moon Swarm was her old swarm. She reached out with her mind and looked for any traces of the Moon Chaos that was left from Moon Imps being in a certain place. Labra caught faint hints of it swirling through the mist, but none strong enough to hint at them still being here. Sensing dark Chaos coming up behind her, she quickly tucked herself into a ball and hurled her body into a clump of white lilies resting around the base of the tree. She froze, staying as still as she could while the thing prowled around above her. The heavy breathing of it blew across the flowers surrounding her, and she burrowed slightly deeper into the lilies, tilting her head slightly to catch a glimpse of it. She saw an oddly insect shaped beast standing above her, before a drop of it's spit dripped down onto her hood, the stickiness of it catching against her horns. She sensed it's gaze running across the ground, resting lightly on her clump of flowers for a second before it turned away and bounded off into the mist again. Labra reached out with her mind, brushing against various types of Chaos before resting on one she knew. The Flower Girl. Diana? Is that her name? Shaking her head, the Moon Imp jumped up and sprinted towards her Chaos, the comforting green glow pulling her like a beacon. She skidded to a stop in front of her and grabbed the woman's skirts, burying her face in them with no context as to what had happened before she came out of the mist.
Interactions: @CaptainLiterally
Mentions: None

Last edited:
Reactions: DangoYumi
The last couple of days had been difficult for him, especially after Euthalia's healing scent had stopped taking the edge off of his anger. He had apologized to Euthalia mainly, because she had tried to help, and he had gone with Ren and Euthalia to shop, to get some more supplies. Sleeping had been an issue, but he forced himself to sleep when he could to keep up his energy. They had lost too many Apostles for him to stop now, and right then, he forced himself to only think about the issue at hand- the thief. Finally, they had made it to the forest, tracking down the shithead, and he could tell- this would be the hardest fight of their lives.

Jeremiah could feel himself grow cold at the threat before them. Not in fear, but the fire within seemed to freeze to a colder intensity that was focused on the goal. He looked to everyone in the group and spoke, knowing that they needed a plan this time, otherwise they all might not make it. "Look, I'm sure this is where the thief is. I think that we should split up into 2 teams. One group heads for the thief. The other group defends. The portals were a good idea, so maybe an offshoot of the defense team should get some portals. Now, I think Diana should be on the portals team, as she has experience with dismantling them. From what I know about Shurik, he's good at holding down defense, so he should be on the defense team. Zayne and Ren and Lillirel are power hitters and should be on the team hitting the thief. I can go wherever, but I first wanted to lay down some defense before helping anyone. Euthalia should stay on defense with Labra and Stella, as the three of them could possibly go help the team going for the thief. Now, we could all just either go dismantle portals or attack the thief if you like, but that leaves a lot of us unguarded. If anyone has any better ideas, say them, because we have to have some sort of plan. We can use our skills to boost each others' and make them more powerful. If I forgot anyone else, they can join Diana and I in destroying portals."

Turning to face the Chaos beasts coming towards them, he breathed in, pulling Chaos towards himself. With a wave of his hands, he pulled water from every source he could in the forest, layering it on the ground in front of where the Chaos beasts were coming from. Then, he blew, his Chaos freezing the water in front of him into a sheen of black ice as far as he could make it go, in as many directions he could make it go. This was not normal ice, but the ice designed to make people slip and hurt themselves, and in this case, the Chaos Beasts would slip and hurt themselves on the ice. With a little extra effort, he iced some of the trees, making them too slippery to climb up, almost as if he had greased the trees. "Like I said, if anyone has a better grouping and planning, say it now! Hopefully I buy us a little time. "

Euthalia Apricot

TL;DR Euthalia goes along with Jeremiah's plans.

As Euthalia had accepted Jeremiah's apology, she still had a feeling something was a bit off about him. Then again, the fact that he went along with shopping for supplies meant that they were a fair bit more likely to return with useful stuff for the rest of the group, rather than a few buckets of manure and a large collection of essential oils and herbs. The one unforgivable thing, however, was that his sudden presence made Euthalia have to scrap her carefully laid out plans into head-petting Ren.

By the time they reached their final destination, he came up with a plan. "Alright." She didn't really have any better ideas, so that's all she had to add to this. Besides, her power wasn't all that much to brag about, so hanging in the back with the support team was probably for the best.

Mentioned: Sorenthath @Karyra
Interacted with: Jeremiah @slifer

TL;DR: Shurik lays out his actual specialty and prepares for the first assult.

Shurik followed with the party well rested and ready for whatever may be thrown at them, his single minded determination proving to be more than enough to hold at bay the doubts that might arise in anyone else. As they snuck around the roaming chaos creatures and made their way into the village, Shurik noticed the shift in everyone else and observed their surroundings. Thick mists hid the evil, but the sound of footprints and approaching beasts became slowly apparent.

He looked to each of the party members and then nodded as he unsheathed his sword from his back and took it in his left hand. Jeremiah had a plan, but Shurik shook his head. "That defense thing, I'd say, was a matter of luck. My specialty is mainly small groups or one on one combat. I can help with the witches, but I want that Thief."

Shurik took his sword in both hands and let out a low growl, waiting for the go as the creatures moved closer and closer to them.

TLDR: diana greets new friend and proposes plan for portal crew uwu
~~

Diana froze for a second as she felt the small creature collapse into her skirt, initially afraid that it was some sort of attack. She instantly softened when she realized that the little moon elf was just seeking shelter. Diana smiled warmly and turned to Labra, gently tugging away her skirt in the process. It was a lighter skirt, not weighed down with the custom layers of fabrics as well as being shorter (cut off at the mid-calf), giving her more agility. She wrapped an arm around the small elf's shoulders gently and held the little thing close to her protectively.

"Don't worry, Lovely, you'll be safe with me," Diana said softly. She looked up at Jeremiah once his authoritative voice made itself prominent among the various ramblings of the crew. She let the initial wave of nerves wash over her before she replied, "Okay!" to his proposition that she'd be included in the portal crew. She was not excited to enter that terrifying realm again, but she'd rather this than battle.

The ginger forced her mind clear and scanned her surroundings to create any fiber of a plan. She did have the most experience with the portals, but it wasn't enough. She barely remembered how she managed to destroy the portal without being trapped in the ungodly realm. And this time, the portals were bustling with activity, escorting monsters in and out of the realms. They probably weren't going to be greeted by the quiet dimension she had found earlier. It was a suicide mission.

But it was all they had.

Still holding onto little Labra, she cleared her throat and spoke: "Portal crew! Let the defense distract the monsters while we sneak into the portals. Don't risk fighting monsters here if you can, we'll most likely have trouble on the other side! We can decide whether we split up to destroy the separate portals or stick together when we reach the other dimension!"

She wished she could give more instruction, but she really couldn't. Something about transporting through a magic portal must have jogged her memory somewhat.

~~~

Interactions:
@everyone in the "Portal Crew"
@DrabiaTheKiller

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 9.14.03 PM.png

Interactions: everyone
Mentions:
Tl;DR: Ren says stay together to first destroy portals then kill the thief
The shopping foray went better than most times she'd gone. Ren was better at hunting, so she could probably decently guess what meat was good in market, but plants and spices were beyond her. Not to mention anything's worth. Was a rabbit worth one coin or two or should she haggle? What was haggling anyway? It just seemed like people yelling at each other.

The days that passed brought them closer and closer to the thief. She could feel the journey coming to an end.

As the hoarde grew in front of their very eyes, Ren grinned like a madwoman. Jeremiah said a plan, but her blood iced over in anticipation.

"No. No splitting. We split in the mines and nearly died. We move to portal and destroy it. Make him suffer. He cannot stand behind an army if the coward has nothing to rely on." Ren grinned. "Then we kill him."

She smiled.

"If we move together we leave no one undefended and everyone working together, yes? When we save the village we stop the Thief."

Situation
Time: 8:10 AM
Date: October 20th 327(CE)
Weather: Cloudy and chilly with a light mist hanging in the air and limited vision
Those Involved: @Ariel @happydeath @GhostofManchester @CaptainLiterally @lXlGamemaster @TheEccentric @Huntress @The Last Curse @chaosheart13 @Lore Magus @Karyra @slifer @DangoYumi @Miora @corrosiveblood @Agonite @DrabiaTheKiller @TheCrimsonFker @Elvario
TooLongDidn'tRead: While the party strategizes with the precious little time afforded them by Jeremiah ice, the enemy begins to close in......

Note From The Author: (Someone may want to step up.)
Post Listening:

4bb9e899b70f229dc51c16b34926bfa4--fantasy-house-fantasy-forest.jpg

1168147-1920x1080-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg
View attachment 193393

Forest Village of Pinnacle

Stampeding towards the party and soon coming clearly into view, the monstrous horde screamed and howled with a battle induced fury. The party that had yet to move from their spot at a walkway crossroads, would soon be fighting overwhelming odds and be no closer to their goal. Fortunately, that did not come to pass immediately. The ice coating the tree branch walk ways frosted with a milky white sheen and reflected light dully in the gloamy village. The smaller and faster monsters hit it going full speed...and slid right off the walkway. They could be heard screaming all the way down to their deaths on the forest floor.

As many of the monsters made the same mistake, the walkways started to bunch up as the heads of the pack started to move slower on the ice if they were brave enough to move out on the ice at all. Any wrong step could be the last, so the the more clever of the creatures were especially careful and cautious. Unfortunately, their approach did not sit well with their bigger, more powerful 'allies'. Monsters standing as tall or taller than Sorod started stomping or kicking their way to the front of the pack and simply stomped the walk way. It was hard to say whether it was their weight, large sturdy bases, or perhaps smashing through the icy sheet to the walkway beneath that allowed them to pass, but pass they were. As the big guys started to make their way across the death trap, their smaller allies followed in their footsteps or started hitching rides on the big ones like monkeys...some of them were monkeys...

While the party had bought themselves some time, they would soon have to deal with the waves of chaos spawned creatures as they converged on the platform the party stood on.

Note: Diana would recall she stopped the portals by destroying the gates on the other side. Perhaps she could do so without going through them herself.

Diana's confident air fell when she heard Ren's argument. She began to bite the nails of her left hand nervously, and those with very keen senses might notice various greenery scattered about the platform slowly growing in size and length. She began to feel a little hopeless again. Oh, and countless monsters were charging at them at once.

"Ok, ok! Don't listen to me!" she quickly replied in an attempt to diffuse any confusion she may have caused. The cloud of thoughts and fears clogged any rational ideas that may have found its way into a plan. She hadn't felt this bewildered since- a sudden thought occurred to her. Her head turned sharply to face the central portal. Do we have to enter the portal to destroy the gates? She thought. Her furrowed brow relaxed and her left hand dropped to her side. That impulsive and rare confidence suddenly emerged once more and Diana sucked in a good amount of air to produce volume to her sound (that would most likely never be raised to this level ever again,) and began:

"Ren and Jerimiah are right! We have to work together to get anyone who can to the portals. Keep your friends alive! Rip the gates from the inside out! Once they're gone, the thief is ours!"

Battle lust bloomed in her chest. The red-head instantly widened her eyes and shoved that feeling back to whatever hell it came from. Ladies do not thirst for blood. At least not where she came from.

Aware that she needed to conserve energy, she (as slowly as possible) let her chaos flow into the ground and anchor onto the plants that were most easily accessible to her. When it was time, she could weaponize these.

Interactions:
@everyone owo
@Karyra
@slifer

TLDR:
  • Lilirel follows along staying quiet for a bit
  • She takes in all the evil around them
  • She speaks her mind about weakening the horde and about what's likely to happen if this is their final stand
  • She prepares to start fighting

YY53pcY.png

Their last day in Taruhm had been enjoyable. With everyone well rested, the much smaller party was off to their next location, information given to them by the mayor of Taruhm. As always, Lilirel chose to remain silent as the group carried on. For the most part their journey had fallen silent and eventually they came upon the forest town, the Aasimar taking in the visuals of the place. In different circumstances she concluded that this treetop village would've been rather beautiful. Currently it was consumed by ominous fog, eerie silence and a bone-chilling air that made the chaos within her swell. Evil had devoured this place. Lilirel's jaw was tightly clenched as she continued to look around, pulsating purple aura's everywhere. As the party halted, the distracted woman almost collided with a large form. Saving herself and her fellow Sylvari Apostle from meeting the ground she shuffled to a stop and exhaled as she looked passed Euthalia, eyes scanning the group as they discussed what to do.

Minor precautions had been put in place as the others discussed how to approach the situation. Jeremiah wished to split into groups, Sorenthath disagreed, Euthalia and Shurik seemed neutral in their opinion, although the latter wished to remind the group that he was more beneficial in an offensive position than a defensive one, and Diana seemed to be struggling with her decisions.

"All I know is that we need to decide soon because theses beasts are getting closer. The ice is losing it's effectiveness." Lilirel looked up and around as she watched the larger beasts move across surfaces unaffected. "Whatever we choose to do is gonna lead to pain, exhaustion and stress, perhaps even death, as long as one of us succeeds in getting that relic back to The Abbey we'll be fine." Her attention returned to her fellow apostles. "It's time to decide. If those portals are going to curb the hordes and weaken the enemy then I say we work towards that. There is no point in leading an offense against something that will be never ending. If the thief is in control of all this he will not allow us to get close if he has the power to do so." Lilirel explained as she pulled her sword off her back and approached the nearest walkway. Her blade was before her as she looked around at all the lingering sprites of purple.

Gritting her teeth she began to call upon the evil energy that flourished around them. Allowing it to enter her body and begin to corrupt her being.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
All the Apostles

Mentions:
Euthalia - @Elvario
Jeremiah - @slifer
Ren - @Karyra
Shurik - @TheCrimsonFker
Diana - @CaptainLiterally

Euthalia Apricot

TL;DR Euthalia has some fancy new stuff, says that Ren makes a good point, backs up Lilirel.

Truth be told, Euthalia's new armour and weapon, mythril chain-mail and a spear, didn't help all that much in making her feel eager to do some good old-fashioned battle. That said, she did feel a bit more comfortable after her refreshment course in combat with Lilirel. It didn't stop her from being more of a talker and diplomat at heart, but this these enemies didn't seem like they'd be up for a debate. Well, at least they had plans and ideas going around the group. She was going in a fair bit less blind than when she suddenly saw them fighting in a tunnel not that long ago.

Euthalia was asked to stay on the defence, although Ren brought up a fairly good point. Splitting up could be a bad idea. "Ren's got a point." Euthalia instinctively went in for a head-pet as she said it. If that would result in her hand being bitten off, so be it. As Euthalia looked at the monsters storming over the walkways, she did feel a bit concerned. "An alternative way to the portal to avoid these walkways would also be nice... If worst comes to worst, we might even need to see if we can tear them to get rid of some of the bigger foes." If anyone had any type of 'bridge' building stuff or flight or even just the power to yeet others over, now was the time to show it off.

Euthalia turned towards the woman whom had almost shoved her towards an early death not too long ago, as Lilirel finished up her speech. "Alright, I might not be the strongest, but I'll try to back you up to the best of my abilities." Unless anyone had the means to avoid the walkways (and would make that vocal), Euthalia would follow Lilirel to stab at anything that Lilirel wouldn't be able to (fully) stop from approaching them over the walkways.

Mentioned: Everyone present
Interacted with: Sorenthath @Karyra Lilirel @Huntress

Stella had stayed quiet, her mind jumping back and forth between the two plans, staying together and fighting seperately. She could see the pros and cons in both, but when she noticed the amount of greenery suddenly increasing, another idea sprouted in her head along with it. She immediately turned to Diana and Labra, summoning her light bow into her hands. "Diana, is it possible for you to make an overhead bridge from the plants? That way we can avoid the walkway and also move towards the portal together. Labra, you can fly up and provide support while we do so." After finishing her sentence, she turned to Jeremiah, Lilirel and Ren. "Jeremiah, Ren, I will be counting on you to follow closely behind Diana to clear up the portal. You will need to ask her how to do it. Lilirel, you will need to help them clear the frontlines so they make it in the portal."

She paused, then quickly turned to, Shurik and Euthalia. "The remaining few of us will be right behind you, and we will try thinning out the enemies enough so that you guys can sneak in. Once you guys are in, we will continue to defend our positions and keep them off the bridge until you are done." Stella had taken a deep breath after all her words, hoping her plan would be successful. They had no more time to waste, and she hoped that the others would agree with her plan.

Interactions: Everyone
Mentions: Diana @CaptainLiterally, Ren @Karyra, Lilirel @Huntress, Jeremiah @slifer, Labra @DrabiaTheKiller, Shurik @TheCrimsonFker, Euthalia @Elvario

TL;DR: It's like, 50 words, just read it unless you really don't want to...

Labra nodded, already activating her racial ability, Wingless Flight. She hovered around Stella's head for a second before shooting off into the sky before coming back.
"Hey, idea! I could also turn people invisible. Whoever needs it, I can do it. My Chaos and energy are full so I will be good for a long while, just you can't make it over 5 hours of fighting." She hummed with excitement, happy that she could be of help and nodded once and hovered in the air, occasionally spinning around to focus on the nearing monsters and other Apostles moving about. Her hood waved in the breeze, her cloak rustling in the wind and some of her hair escaped her hood.

Interactions: Everyone, bascially
@DangoYumi - Stella
Mentions: Everyone

Shurik gritted his teeth. Something about waiting here to decide what to do while the hordes learned how to ice skate grind his nerves. His grip tightened on the blade in his hand. Shurik's heels dug into the dirt underfoot and he prepared to launch himself forward to meet the horde when Lilirel and Euthalia stepped up and spoke in turn. Not using the walkways? Shurik thought for a moment. His lips curled into a smirk as he nodded to Euthalia. "Right… other ways across."

It seemed the plans were coming together, Shurik simply nodded as they talked. He was focused on the beasts approaching and prepared to fight any that may break from the pack and make it to their position before the plan went into full effect. "Listen, Just get me close enough and I'll do what you need me to do." Shurik focused in once more and waited for the go signal. He couldn't help finding himself dialed in on the thief themselves.