Apostles of The Way (In Character)(Completed)

Novama

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
Online Availability
7pm-10pm est
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical
This is a fantasy adventure RP that follows a group of magic knights called 'Apostles' as they battle and persuade their way across the land in a quest to retrieve a stolen relic and see justice carried out.

If you wish to join us, have additional questions, or simply want to chat, you can find additional information and a link to our discord server in the first post of our OOC here:
Apostles of The Way (Out Of Character)

Reactions: The Last Curse
TLDR:
-Giles utilizes his "Roadborne" skill and removes the leeches
-Giles tries to draw attention away from Jeremiah

At the back, Giles was creating a large amount of sand. It extended out both around him and under him until he eventually had a platform to stand on. Without his feet bogged down Giles could move freely, but he had other problems. He felt something squirming on his leg, he looked down and pulled up his pant leg only to reveal a couple of loathsome leeches, draining him of his bodily fluids.

Almost instinctively, Giles tapped the creature with his finger. In response, the thing shook violently. Giles jerked his finger back, "O' God..." he said disgustedly, this whole fight was gross enough, Giles wouldn't let some freeloadin' parasites make it even worse. Slowly, Giles took his index finger and placed it near the leech's mouth, he then used his fingernail to push the mouth away from his skin in a sort of a scooping motion. Once he got the mouth off of him, he did the same with the sucker on the back end. He flicked the thing away from him before it could reattach itself, he repeated the maneuver over and over until he was eventually freed of leeches.

Now cured of his ailments, Giles could finally hop into the fray. He spotted Jeremiah, who was seemingly being targeted out of all of the Apostles. Giles didn't doubt Jeremiah's endurance but if the three sisters all had their eyes on him, things would get dicey quick.

Giles had to take their aggro, or atleast direct it elsewhere. He took a great amount of sand and blew it towards the witches, not necessarily to attack but to draw attention. "Hey! Don't leave little Ol' me hangin! Got some soap O'er here, make ya smell real lady-like!". He hoped his taunt worked, and if it did, what would follow would not be pretty.

Interactions:
@slifer

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 9.14.03 PM.png

Interactions: @slifer
Mentions:
Tl;DR: Ren rushes in to the ice prison to try and tear out the third woman's throat using Ice Wolf​

The rest was well needed. Soon, everyone -including the foreman- was up and about. Plus, it gave Ren some sense of joy to realize that she could be useful in this cave. She didn't like it much.

It felt... tight. Like it fit wrong in just the right way. No, that was nonsense, she chided herself. That wasn't how words worked. She'd made no sense and sharing these thoughts would be pointless. She meekly followed the group blending into the background as they walked. She studied everything, and while she'd liked to have stayed behind with Sorod and the others, something pulled her towards the cave.

As they entered the cave with the women, Ren found a place to hide behind and waited. The battle was against an unknown foe. Her eyes softly glowed as she waited and put on her mask. They darted to and fro, thinking how to best enter the situation. Leeches and Fish Boy couldn't sing to them.

The ice caught her attention, and she waited for the second for the ice to crack to launch into a full assault.

She frosted over, leaving frosted footprints on the water as she went and drove into the ice prison slashing and clawing and tearing at the woman's throat. Her eyes were wild as she gnashed and frothed and went for the throat and clawed. There was nothing there behind the eyes but a wolf hunting for it's next kill.

"Freeze it back up, Jeremiah! I'll kill her here," Ren yelled. "Prey won't escape my claws."

TL;DR:
  • Shurik is hit but responds brutally and angrily with an attack of his own
  • He does not react to the scents in the air or Euthalia running into their ranks, despite receiving aid from them
  • Shurik continues his defensive onslaught.

Shurik Plate 500.png

Shurik's sword found target after target. It rended bone and armor alike as he continued to swing full force in defense of the tunnel. Shurik's singular goal drove him. Shurik grunted and growled like a wild animal as he continued his onslaught. And he barely flinched when one of the undead managed to land an attack on him. The enemy sword pierced his plate and managed to stab into the flesh of his leg. The dampened pain receptors barely recognized it as a scratch.

In response, Shurik would reach out and attempt to grab the skeleton who landed the attack. He would take his enemy by the head and spin around. He cleaved with one hand on his sword and would use the Skeleton as a second weapon to batter those not killed by his blade. When he completed his circle, he would throw the undead warrior out into the sea of glowing green and offer the next line of undead warriors a bestial roar in defiance. He would take his sword up into two hands once more and continue his defense of the tunnel. (If he is unable to grab the enemy, Shurik will send three full cleaving strikes out in front of him left to right, right to left, and then once more back to the right and then a roar.)

Shurik didn't notice the healing scents that now surrounded the party and would not recognize the individual running for their front line. He did not halt his attacks. He still felt the extra energy coursing through him as the scents flooded in. And the more energized he felt, the more vicious his attacks became.

Mentions:
@Elvario

Interactions:
@Novama: Skeleton Warrior #X

TLDR:
  • Lilirel starts to swing with her blade.
  • She's eager to finish this side-quest and move onto their main mission.

YY53pcY.png

Assistance had first come in the sweet scent of cinnamon and apples. It was subtle but eventually grew stronger, invigorating almost. Lilirel was pleased with the sensation flowing through her body and the results she was getting with her attacks. The methodical waves of her attacks were fairing well thus far. Lily made sure to remember the word Shurik had told her to recall, 'Edaris'. She watched the man attack violently and viciously. A subtle sinister smile tugging at the corner of her lip. Her blade was gripped tightly, eyes scanning the horde before them. Physically attacking while using her chaos might be tiring but it also may help clear the waves better. For now, she focused on swinging her blade wide and strong. She wasn't necessarily trying to cleave, but more-so shatter the skeletons or at the very least, knock their heads off to make them fade away.

They had just barely started fighting, and Lilirel would continue to fight until she could no more. But at the same time, the brunette was eager for the others to find a way to end this infinite skeletal horde. The sooner they dealt with this issue, the sooner they could get out, grab a bite to eat, have a drink and carry on with their mission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
N/A

Mentions:
Shurik - @TheCrimsonFker

TL;DR: The cloak didn't show it's secret. She said bye to the Foreman, and told him to keep safe. Used Path in the Light to find the Phoenix, using his flames as a beacon to guide her. She used some of the Chaos stored in her wand, so she didn't need to recover. She was panicked at his situation, but calmed down enough to think of a solution that might work, so that the fellow Apostle can get out and not die. Labra really doesn't want to lose any friends again. (Labra wants everyone to stay safe, please)

Labra sighed at the cloak that continued to not show it's secrets. Oh well, the Phoenix Apostle needs help anyways. I should go and help him. I don't want to be useless. Underground is not my ideal fighting place. I have to do what I can. I have to help him. She turned and tugged on the Mr.Foreman's beard. "I'm going now. Keep care to stay out of the way and not die. Mr.Mayor wouldn't be happy to hear you died. Goodbye now." Labra patted the cloak twice, then stood up on Mr.Foreman's arm, grabbed her wand out of her sleeve, and leaped into the air. "Dust in the air, rain on the wind, give me your directions and help me find this man. I know he is deep under the ground, but help me please, and guide me to him. Path In The Light, Activate. Find his flames and take me there, please!" The Moon Imp's words came fast, flowing out of her mouth like honey. The extra Moon Chaos in her wand flared brightly for a few seconds, then some of it escaped the crystal and flowed around Labra and disappeared with her.
A strange feeling circled her, and a peaceful feeling calmed her shot nerves she had hidden from the rest of the group. A strange tugging sensation in her mind had her turning around in the murky darkness. An orange and red flash of Chaos appeared before her and she touched it, being the child that she was. A twist in the air around her and she appeared next to the Phoenix. Since the spell had used up energy from her crystal, and not directly her, she didn't require any recovering. She raised an eyebrow at the goop and grabbed a rock off the ground, and tossed it at the weird substance. It got caught in the stuff and started to dissolve, which made Labra start to panic before she forced herself to calmed down. Black eyes that shone slightly with silver stared at the Phoenix. "Hello again. I wanted to join you, so that you wouldn't be so lonely and possibly die alone. I'm kinda unexpected, sorry about that, but if you're gonna die, why not do it with someone you know? That made no sense. Sorry. I might have an idea of how to help. This stuff," She motioned to the goop. "It looks like it's only used to the Chaos that is normal underground. My Moon Chaos isn't found down here, so it might be resistant to it. If I cover myself in my Chaos, it might help me get to you so I can cover you then get out. Night is slowly approaching, so my Chaos will soon be replenished. Think my plan might work?" Labra paused her rambling and looked up at the man who was struggling in the goop, feeling a slight pain at the idea of losing another of her friends, even if they didn't know each other that well.

Interactions:
Novama - The Spider Pet and Mr.Foreman
happydeath - Zayne
Mentions:
N/A

TL;DR: Knell can't think straight and is making bad choices she is going to die.

Honestly Knell was really really with the three women they were fighting. Clearly necromancers of high caliber, yet she herself was a master of death. She would not be outed like this, not when she could kill them all in an instant. Their control over it? Was making her super mad. Her teeth was gritted hard and grinding to near dust as she growled, feeling her Chaos ebb. For a moment, her eyes flickered to the moss falling into light, taking note of the light that was sucking everything in. Some sort of...absorption? She had no clue honestly her mind was clouded with annoyance and anger for the women.

Then she felt it. Jeremiah's soul fleeing from his body. Her whole body froze as she stared at him in horror before letting out a scream of fear. "NO. NO NO NO. LEAVE HIM ALONE, TAKE ME! TAKE ME DAMMIT! TAKE ME!" she wailed as she got in between them and tried to redirect the woman's death magic onto her. Her mind clouded, not thinking clearly, god she didn't want to lose any more people she cared about let her save them please let her save them. Oh god, don't let Jeremiah die. And if she died, so be it. Let her die right now! And yet...

The magic was gone and she was left gasping as she shuddered in horror, staring wide eyed at the women and knowing they would use that lifeforce to create more undead. She gagged hard as she stared in horror, before trying to make more hexes. The Chaos fizzled in her hands. "No, no, no," she whimpered as she stared at her hand before looking back at the women. Swallowing thickly, she darted forward, feeling her strength ebb away from the leeches as she rushed to a woman and tried to drain her own lifeforce. It might not work, if they were that adept at necromancy but if she could at least redirect their ire onto her, then-! She prayed that this plan would work as she panicked, breathing hard.

Tagging:
Jeremiah / @slifer

5737a273bd4914ed8dd5171946be4b83.png

With what little energy he still had left, Zayne continued to move forward at the best of his ability while only turning his head over his shoulder to see the approaching large lizard every so often to see it's progress on approaching him. Cursing under his breath at the idea that he had used up so much Chaos just to get this far only to be cornered like this.

Without warning, once the lizard had paused in it's tracks just to begin to back away, Zayne would stop as well only to arch a brow in confusion as to why his predator had backed away so suddenly. Moments passed as a strange goo-like substance began to envelop his entire body had caught the male off guard as mere seconds passed and his entire body was soon encompassed by this unknown threat.
The strange substance soon blocked his vision as well as removed his ability to breathe though the clear burning sensation all over his body was quickly noticed as bits of his clothing was starting to melt along with his flesh burning as though he were being roasted over a fire.

Even with his attempts to remain calm, the fact that he could not breathe made it all the more difficult not to panic as he ran possibilities of what he could do in this kind of a situation.

Believing he had no other choice, he shut his eyes to focus his remaining Chaos all into a single spot inside his body even if it meant exploding his entire body into a ball of flames to get free.
Due to the lack of Chaos he had however, the more he attempted to scavenge whatever energy he still had deep inside; the more his azure hair began to fade into a silvery white color as his own sense of reasoning left him by the second.

Just before he had completely drained himself completely of whatever Chaos he had left, the sudden sound of a feminine voice spoke up even though he still could not see through the goop-like substance that surrounded him. All he could do was listen as he lost more and more of his ability to breathe, hearing the woman's plan he would only give a thumbs up with one of his free hands in response.

@DrabiaTheKiller - Labra​

TLDR: Jeremiah is in pain, but still attacks.

Blinding pain sliced through Jeremiah as his core seemed to be taken from him, all in an instant. Jeremiah could feel something...missing inside of him, but he was still himself. They had taken something from him, and he was going to get it back- and that meant destroying these women. Curiously enough, his predator was quiet in his head, as if it had been hurt along with him. He spent more Chaos on keeping the woman trapped, freezing the ice on her again to keep her from moving. Even if he fell today, he would do his best to finish off the woman and take her down with him.

The siren's exhaustion was evident, but that didn't stop him from stepping up to the woman he had trapped, knife and hand, and deftly sank the knife into her eye, using the strength he had left to pierce the eye and straight into her brain. He took out the knife in one smooth motion, and stepped to the side, just as Ren came barreling towards the woman in ice wolf form.
He saw Knell's reaction and that took some of the wind from his sails. How bad was this missing piece if she was freaking out like that?
"ATTACK THEM ALL AT THE SAME TIME! I'M FINE!" Jeremiah hollered, hoping the others heard him. Maybe it would help bring what was missing back to him, if the filthy women were dead. His pain didn't mean shit right now. They had a job to do.

Mentions:
@Karyra
@chaosheart13
@Novama
@everyone

TooLongDidn'tRead: Sorod is B A C K. And he's going to the F R O N T.

Mechanical. Autonomous. Servile. Unknown to many of the party, a sudden trance had taken over Sorod, sending him into a bout of silence, although his large metal body still moved with one intention. Defend the party. Within his core, his consciousness rumbled against the rallying souls that he had long consumed, sending him into an internal struggle where his focus lied since they had fled from the first conflict with the skeletons. His spear moved sluggishly compared to his stellar performance before, and his shield only acted like a static wall, losing the crushing will of a mountaintop. Many nicks and cuts have carved themselves against his shield and metal skin, giving him an appearance of a battle-worn suit of armor. The dim glow in his chest dimmed even more, the sanguine glow turning into an occasional flicker of light that could barely be perceived in the battlefield.

But then, he awoke.

A rumbling horn echoed out from him, as sanguine flames erupted from his chest like the rage of a volcano. From the opening in his helm, where his eyes should be, the red fire also gushed out, giving him a menacing appearance of a demonic suit of armor. A song started to thunder through the caves, intended to disrupt and attract the foes that lay ahead of him! He activated [Provoking Call]! The slow spear immediately turned into a swift dragon, twirling with the same flourish he carried with him whenever he came into combat! Dented and battered, his shield's base slammed onto the floor and stood firm, a sigh of fire caressing its edges as he took in and exhaled a breath. Though he needn't do that, he felt a weight off his shoulder, relief returning to him. He has dealt with the war within. Now it's time for the war outside.

"SO-I! AM! GUARDIAN-ROD!"

He strode forward, still expelling that antagonizing music, taking his place beside Shurik and Lilirel. He is ready to fight once more, and this time, instead of the tide pushing him, he'll push back against it.

Interacted:

Mentioned:
Lilirel - @Huntress
Shurik - @TheCrimsonFker

[Provoking Call]

TLDR: diana is sad that everythings bad but runs into light cos yolo baby

Diana groaned out loud. The woman wasn't even fazed by Diana's moss attack. Ah, yes, and the world was going to hell.

She watched, mouth agape as a troll's curse found Jeremiah. The ginger could see the very life being stolen from him. It was terrifying. And she couldn't do anything!

The ginger smacked herself in the forehead in an attempt to rid her of her derogatory thoughts. There had to be something she could do. There was always something she could do. The young woman took to scouring the area with the attention and hunger of an eagle looking for prey. She forced herself not to pay attention to the suffering of her comrades lest she'd be distracted from her job finding.

There. Just above the woman in the back was some sort of light source. Diana had noticed it before, but she hadn't paid it any heed. It was faint, but Diana could swear she saw her moss being sucked into it. Yes, she was sure. The moss was taken from her very grip as it was pulled into the light. Somehow, Diana knew that that had to be the source of whatever hell was happening.

She winced when she heard Jeremiah's order. Her heartstrings tugged towards coming to the aide of her friends, but she had to end that light source. Somehow.

"Sorry, Jeremy! I gotta..." her sentence faded out. She couldn't let the troll ladies know what she was about to do. What was she gonna do? The light would just suck up everything she used to cover it. But... would it suck up everything?

Diana made a judgment call.

She leaped back into the waters, praying that her companions would provide a suitable distraction. And if her plan didn't work, she'd be a suitable distraction. So, to the best of her ability, she sprinted towards the light, praying that exploring it (or even being taken away by it) would give her friends any chance of surviving.

~~
Interactions:
@slifer

Situation
Time: 4:00 PM
Date: October 17th 327(CE)
Weather: Partly cloudy with otherwise blue skies and cool weather and a warm sun. Inside Taruhm, its warmer like used gymnasium and lit by torches and the occasional arrow slits. In the mine, there was a bit of airflow, but the only heat came from their light sources. Otherwise it was cool and with little air movement.
Those Involved: @Ariel @happydeath @GhostofManchester @CaptainLiterally @lXlGamemaster @TheEccentric @Huntress @The Last Curse @chaosheart13 @Lore Magus @Karyra @slifer @DangoYumi @Miora @corrosiveblood @Agonite @DrabiaTheKiller @TheCrimsonFker @Elvario
TooLongDidn'tRead: While those defending the path hold the line with renewed vigor, Zayne is in a slightly better situation with Labra's sudden appearence. However, those fighting the 3 sisters struggle to make headway...then Diana yeets herself through a portal...

Note From The Author: (Take note of your abilities. Using them in ways not specified in sheet will pose additional risks and energy consumption.)
Post Listening:

Ooze Fight
Despite Labra's sudden appearence, the moon apostle was not yet able to lend Zayne any aid. Using her powers to warp without moonlight in the underground proved costly and perhaps unkowingly risky. The fact she appeared before Zayne rather than in the Ooze with him or in a solid wall was a miracle. She was just above half her energy despite the stored away chaos.

There were no fires to see by, so both Zayne and Labra were in darkness. The only thing to occupy their senses other than darkness was the churning of the oozing mass before Labra. At least it smelled clean. Compared to the rot of the undead, the tunnel and ooze smell remarkably sterile.

It was from this clean darkness that the slimy tendrils of the ooze grabbed at Labra. While it did not pull her into its acidic embrace like Zayne, some of it's acid dripped on her to inflict a minor wound from the burn.

a0c741b203ae4ecc5f61624ff3b9b3ef.jpg

Tunnel Defense
Euthalia successfully bid her time before breaking for the defensive line of her allies. She would have had to bob and weave between the many soldiers still in the tunnel. Blades swung and thrust, but narrowly all were evaded as she reunited with the party. Lilirel and Shurik successfully held the line, slaying all that got to close. While Stella was sniping skeletons further in the mob, the ones next to her had steel they wished to introduce her to with malevolent intent. Fortunately, she danced away in time and even managed to kill one at point blank range as it was about to stab her. Once defeated, the warriors and their equipment all turned to black dust and ash that harmlessly bathed Stella in the soot to darken her otherwise glowing complexion. However, the line now had a vulnerability...

With Stella's retreat, there was a space at the front where the skeletal warriors could move in. It was then that Sorod seemed to pull himself out of his stupor. The unending horde of skeletons did not stop their advance, but rather than destroying the defensive line, they contented themselves to swarm Sorod as best they could. The guardian had bought the front line sometime to reform itself so as to not get overwhelmed by the warriors when their aggro toward Sorod ended.

Euthalia would note that her continuous use of her healing scent had reduced her energy levels to just under half. With the party members by her in relatively good health, she would feel comfortable easing up a bit on its use.

The 3 Sisters
The temperature of the partially flooded chamber was already cool, but it suddenly chilled as ice continued to freeze one of the struggling women in place and Ren iced over to smash into the icy barrier. Among the icy spray, bits of sand swirled and scattered. Unfortunately Giles's attempts to distract the women were blocked or swatted away. Knell's efforts were more effective.

While Knell's desperate lunge and drain attack on the sister further in the room missed as the other woman danced just out of reach, Knell had earned the ire of the woman she nearly drained. Jeremiah also made one of the sister's particularly angry. Already limited by the ice formed around her, the woman could do little other than crack ice and lean to the side as the weapon meant for her eye left a bloody slice along the side of her head. Enraged by her injury, she struggled all the more. The ice which was already battered and cracked from multiple angles started to split despite Jeremiah's best efforts. Ren's attack into the icy fortification actually may have helped. Regardless, tendrils of green leaked from the splits in the ice before the entire fortification gave way with an explosive break that showered Jeremiah and Ren in the icy shards that remained. Despite the woman's exposed flesh looking cold and frostnipped, she rattled her sceptor and looked ready to finish what she had started with Jeremiah.

The sister by Knell was nearly a head taller used her superior size to try and smite the woman with an overhead strike of her sceptor. Charged with some necrotic energy, the weapon smashed through any guard or attempt at evasion Knell employed and caught her for a solid blow. With less than half of her health left, Knell was bleeding and growing wearier while the witch before her stood tall with more than enough vigor to continue the fight. She cackled maniacally as she leered down at Knell whom she pummeled.

Meanwhile, the sister in the back continued to stir up her magics to plague the party. A dark missed encircled the party and began leeching their life away. After the mist faded, only Jeremiah managed to escape unscathed. Perhaps it was Knell's tampering? However, Knell, herself, was in critical condition and one hit away from oblivion. Most of her life drained from her, it would be risky to continue. Ren was also signficantly impacted. Despite the icy armor, she was not impervious to these magical attacks. While she was still fighting ready, Ren would still feel the urge to catch her breath after what she just experienced. Giles being in the back worked to his advantage. He was wounded a bit from the mist but nothing as significant as the others. Could have easily mistook it for a muscle cramp.

2773AD1B1ACDF52304D05E113567378C0384E3B3

Elsewhere...?
Diana found herself in a hellscape. Undead aimlessly wondered about and little else moved. A fog obscured her vision after a time while the portal shimmered at her back. The portal, itself, seemed to be standing atop an altar of some sort with various macabre offerings present on the steps and in bowls. The place smelled like a grave yard and the air was stagnant and oppressive like being in overly humid and hot weather without a breeze. Everything about this place screamed undesirable. The gnarled trees around the alter told similar tales of woe to the plant specialist.

This place was known to Diana. In the tomes found in the Abbey, there was a place mentioned like this rumored to be the birthplace of every evil and fiend born of chaos. A spawning ground for untold horrors all waiting for their chance to materialize in the material plane to ravage the natural and living world. This portal would need closed off by any means necessary. It was likely the source of power for the witches battling her friends as well as the skeletal army.

su-jeong-ahn-undex-portal-fin.jpg

Euthalia Apricot

TL;DR Euthalia asked Estella where the undead came from, and will attack undead should they manage to break through the lines.

Euthalia was surprised to somehow have gotten to the other side unharmed, although she was getting tired from spreading the healing fragrance. With her fellow Apostles seeming to be in a decent enough shape, she could stop using it to rest up a bit. For that matter, it seemed like she could really rest up, as Lilirel and Shurik were holding the line, with Stella providing support and Sorod eventually springing to action as well. Out of those four, only Stella seemed to have noticed and/or acknowledged Euthalia's presence, which temporarily made Euthalia focus on her and on the orb of light besides the girl. 'So pretty...' It was like a miniature sun that could be like her personal photosynthesis device or something. She snapped out of it almost immediately, as fantasising about using an orb to photosynthesise wasn't the ideal thing to do in her current situation.

On the other hand, what was there to do in the current situation? Lilirel and Shurik were still putting the undead horde to ashes, making Euthalia wonder if those ashes were the kind of fertile ashes that were great to root in, and with Sorod now joined in, it was quite a sight. Seeing such a colossal chunk of metal, accompanied by two raging warriors, Euthalia realised she'd risk being accidentally pruned if she'd get too close to the front-lines. It did remind her that she had absolutely no clue what exactly was going on, or where the rest of the Apostles were. She was pretty sure they were with more, or had most of them perished already? More importantly, where were these undead even coming from? With some luck, the light-mage would have enough to time to answer between firing arrows of light. "How did this horde come into being?"

Other than asking the question, Euthalia decided to remain on guard for any undead that might break through the line. She'd have a dagger ready for their skull. If that wasn't the case, she'd remain passive once more.

--------------------------------​
Mentioned: Lilirel @Huntress Shurik @TheCrimsonFker Sorod @TheEccentric
Interacted with: Estella @DangoYumi Undead Horde @Novama

(Italics are thoughts, bold is speech.)

Reactions: DangoYumi
Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 9.14.03 PM.png

Interactions: @slifer
Mentions:
Tl;DR: Ren maintains Ice Wolf and freezes one of her hands to the woman while attack with the other, going into a battle frenzy​

The frostbitten woman burst out of the jail that Jeremiah had made for her, but that mattered little to Ren. The mist that stole away her strength was irritating. She could barely maintain Ice Wolf, but if that woman attack Jeremiah again... and Knell was no better off. The ice crept futher onto Ren's face, almost entirely covering her in the thick frost, and she knew that she'd have to drop the form... but for now she could renew her attack on the witch. The cold was bearable... for now.

Her form launched again into close combat with the woman, using one hand to grip and freeze herself onto the woman while slashing with the other. Ren teeth were bared, but more dangerous was the mask, which if Ren tried to chomp down with it using the ice climbing it's way up onto like vines could mean death if Ren managed to tear out this woman's throat this time.

"You! Will! Not! Harm! Us!"

Each word was punctuated with another slash, wild and frenzied. The glow of chaos in Ren's eyes only increased as Ren became more desperate. It was easy to see why she was feared in combat, because this was not the patient guardian of a scant few hours ago, but a pure predator. A pure wolf defending it's pack at any expense.

TL;DR: Labra is hurt(bad), goes through with her idea-which is that she uses the Moon Chaos she has in her core to try and dig the Phoenix out of the goop stuff. She has also seen one of the lizard creature things. Her pulling out the amount of Chaos needed is giving her a hard time, but she goes through, planning to get the Phoenix out, even if it harms her greatly.

Labra squealed and ducked away from the slimy-arm-things extending out from the gloom of the surroundings. A bit of the 'ooze' dripped down onto her arm, and burned the flesh exposed. She flinched from the pain, but shook her head and shook her sleeves back over her arms. She cautiously tugged her scarf down lower, and let the light from her throat shine through into the gloom. A shuffling sound made her whip around and stare at the creature thing prowling around at the edges of her light. She narrowed her eyes and ran through a brief set of scenarios where it jumped and killed her, but dismissed them and focused on the task at hand. She turned back to the Phoenix and sighed deeply, letting one of the barriers around her core down. Moon Chaos spilled out and surrounded her, a thick, almost liquid, substance twisting around her. She stepped forwards, and extended one hand towards the struggling figure in the ooze. The Moon Chaos swirled around the edges of the acid-like stuff before dipping in and reaching towards the Phoenix. A stab of pain went through the Moon Imp's head and she stumbled, before sitting down heavily. Labra's breath came in short gasps as the Chaos digging into the ooze was pulled directly from her core. Her instincts pulled a strand of it back, and kept it connected to her so she could pull it out if needed.

Interactions:
happydeath - Zayne
Novama - the slime stuff and the lizard creature

TLDR: ginger is successfully yote, vandalizes sum and begins to grow a thicc tree around the portal

~~~

Diana held her breath, and despite the suffocating heat, she shivered. Something about the stifling air and the forboding mists was a tad bit daunting. Although the place was dotted with gnarled trees and brush, it gave her no more comfort than the caves. And, oh gods, that smell was-

She suddenly noticed the altars, the fog had practically concealed it. The memories of the ancient books she'd spend hours reading at the Abbey flashed before her eyes. An involuntary whimper left her lips. She felt frozen, helpless. And she really, really, wanted to vomit. Until that is, she remembered to breathe before she passed out.

The sudden noise of her breath leaving her seemed to shock her out of her stupor. The thought of the torture her companions were going through flooded her mind, as well as relief. She hadn't charged to her death. Yet.

Dead or not, she had to close the portal. Something told her that if she failed, a lot more than herself was at stake. The red-haired girl stepped forth with a shaking foot and a gulp. Then, she shot chaos into the ground, searching for the roots of the trees and anchoring onto them before yanking. The branches of nearby trees, slowly but surely, began growing towards the portal. The corner of Diana's eye caught the sight of several sacrifices scattered about the premises. She noticed different altars filled with dead things she didn't quite want to examine. Maybe...

Diana sighed and made another judgment call. Still tugging at the plants and pushing them towards the portal, she scampered towards an altar. Using a large stick she found on the floor, she shoved it off of the surface of the altar and onto the ground, kicking it away for good measure. She then moved to the next, and to the next, until she was too immobile with fear to continue. The ginger found her way back to the exit and stood outside while she waited for the trees to begin growing around the portal.

TLDR:
  • Lilirel greets Euthalia.
  • She's eager to finish this side-quest and is trying to convince the group to retreat into the tunnel a bit.
  • She's hoping that if they pull back they can close Stella's gap and bottle-neck the skeletons so they're not all wasting their energy fighting them.
  • She wonders about the group that is deeper in the mines.

YY53pcY.png

"Nice of you to join us. Your support won't go to waste." Lilirel spoke out towards Euthalia as she watched Estella retreat and avoid some attacks while also taking some skeletons down as well. Her attention returned to the horde before them. Sorod stepping up and calling for the attention of the skeletal warriors. "I suggest we pull back a bit." Lilirel's grip tightened around the hilt of her blade. "If Estella and Euthalia are going to provide support from behind us, we need to close this gap." She scanned the area they stood in. "If we start pulling back, we can somewhat control the number of skeletons coming for us. It might be a little harder to fight as a group, but less energy might be wasted this way." It was an idea that could work out well but could also lead to problems. They were fighting a never ending horde, if they all wasted the entirety of their energy then the rest of the Apostle's would soon perish as well.

"What is going on with the others?" Lilirel muttered to herself as she started to step back. Hopefully Shurik, even in his entranced state would follow. Sorod would most likely be the last to move back, if he did.

Had the other group found the cause for this skeletal army? Were they close to bringing all this to an end?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
Euthalia - @Elvario
Estella - @DangoYumi
Sorod - @TheEccentric
Shurik - @TheCrimsonFker

Mentions:
Estella - @DangoYumi
Sorod - @TheEccentric
Shurik - @TheCrimsonFker

TooLongDidn'tRead: Sorod moves backwards in agreement to Lilirel's suggestion. Let's a few skelly bois by to reduce the pressure on him.

The ringing of his shield pushed him inch by inch, his brutish form almost being overpowered by the gushing hordes of skeletal foes. Shurik and Lilirel's performance accompanied the defensive stance he took, but alas, not even their combined combative abilities could thoroughly reduce the hordes they faced. Although his character is one of unyielding stubbornness once his decision is made with the entirety of his will, he is no fool to believe his current state can defend his allies in such conditions. The limited space these tunnels gave restrained his abilities greatly, for he feared causing large-scale destruction, which might lead to a sudden collapse of the ceiling.

"So-Fall back-Rod! So-It is wise to let the tide flow, and strike back when the wave is weakest-Rod!"

He took notice of Euthalia when he started to walk backwards, though he didn't dare give too much of his attention in a dangerous encounter. The rumbling music from earlier had dampened slightly, the power he used to activate it starting to wane away and return to his core. Little by little, he'll drag his feet backwards while still carrying the tower shield mightily, having no desire to give the enemies a chance to pierce through his defenses.

"So-Lettuce Girl, support me-Rod! So-The reach of my spear is limited in these tunnels-Rod! So-Ready yourselves-Rod!"

Dagger in hand, Euthalia looked almost harmless in the eyes of the iron giant, but he knew underestimating any Apostle is a foolish move. His memories on her are vague enough to describe her as a stranger, but he has certainly crossed paths with her before. Putting his faith in her abilities, he gingerly let a few of the enemies through to reduce some of the stress on him.

Interacted
@Elvario

Mentions
@Huntress
@TheCrimsonFker

Reactions: Elvario
TLDR: With Ren taking care of the smelly woman he had originally targeted, he moves onto the one Amira was fighting, mainly to weaken them enough so they couldn't hurt anyone else.

The woman in the back was causing trouble, and no one was engaging with her, which meant he had to. She was causing too much trouble for Jeremiah cracked his neck, stretched his arms for a moment, before walking with determination towards the last woman hiding in the back. He stayed out of her reach, gathering water and sending it towards the last remaining woman in icy slices. He kept moving and attacking, not letting up for an instant. He was furious at these three women for suppressing the predator side of him, for hurting his friends, for hurting him. He aimed his attacks to hurt and distract- a cut on the arm holding her scepter, one on her forehead so blood would drip across her eyes, and a particularly vicious water knife intended to cut her throat wide open. Best case scenario, it would chop her head off.

Mentions:
@Karyra
Whomever plays Amira, the others in the cave and Diana.

TLDR: Entered Phase 3 of Mutation. Assisting Knell

With the arrows proving useless Amira drew back as the women turned their attention to Jeremiah. For a moment she merely watched, keen sight enjoying the chaotic nature of the scene reflected on the lens of her eyes. In the water beneath Amira's gaze. A pointed boot swept through the thin water, now coating the leather of her boot. She turned toward the foreman, and walked calmly towards the back wall. The sound of battle filled her ears like the drums of war; but she ignored it all. Until a sensation drew her breath. A chill of the third woman's magic touching the jade flesh of her body. A slight sound, a mixture of a hum and coarse chuckle echoed lowly from her throat. Her eyes connected briefly with the foreman as she discarded the bow and quiver against the wall side by side. Her body in partial darkness, above the torso bathed in only black as the shin from her eyes were like silver in the unbound darkness.​
For a moment she did not move, a perfect statue in time. She deactivated her jade armour, the light green disappeared from her body replaced by cloth, and smooth flesh. But beneath the surface of mocha skin the vial hidden within her body in a cocoon of hardened flesh; moved behind her rib cage and through arm until she plucked it from her wrist. The small hole sealed itself. Amira swirled the liquid around inside before uncorking the top and downing the whole thing. A thin layer of charcoal fluid painted her tinted red lips, until a pink muscle swept across the surface and removed the remnants. The cold burn entered her throat as the liquid was absorbed into her body activating the process of mutating her cells rapidly. The spawns reaction was immediate morphing her body into the next phase. The spawn extended its body around her organs, bulging beneath the skin of her forearm as it continued her phasing. Until it wrapped itself around her spine, disappearing once again.​
A breath escaped her as the excitement of the mutation subsided. Amira glanced toward the party, she found herself fixated on the woman assaulting Knell. "A good deed a day..." her words trailed off as it was replaced by a hungry smile. in an instant Amira converted her strength into sheer speed. Her body became a blur, rippling the water beneath each step. In seconds she was behind the woman lording over Knell. Without hesitation Amira withdrew her daggers, both easily mistaken for shortswords by their length. Amira slashed at the woman's shoulder-blades, rotating unpredictably as she continued her attack aiming for the neck, fainting a thrust to the lower abdomen to penetrate the forearm holding her sceptor; briefly pausing to inject a few words "Looks like someone needs a lesson in manners"​

Mentions

@chaosheart13
@slifer

Interaction

@Novama

tl;dr - Shurik is still attacking each enemy within his reach, but unable to follow the idea to back up currently.

Shurik Plate 500.png
Shurik did not heed their words. Though he could hear them, as the others moved back Shurik kept to the entrance of the tunnel and continued his rampage against the undead. He moved from one end to the other and cut down any of the undead that fell out of the front rank within his range. His moves only grew more and more animalistic as he kept up his fugue state. Each swing cleaved, but became less and less controlled as he roared out with every strike.