Apostles of The Way (In Character)(Completed)

Novama

Edgepeasant
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
Online Availability
7pm-10pm est
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Magical
This is a fantasy adventure RP that follows a group of magic knights called 'Apostles' as they battle and persuade their way across the land in a quest to retrieve a stolen relic and see justice carried out.

If you wish to join us, have additional questions, or simply want to chat, you can find additional information and a link to our discord server in the first post of our OOC here:
Apostles of The Way (Out Of Character)

Reactions: The Last Curse

Situation
Time: 9:00 AM
Date: October 15th 327(CE)
Weather: Partly Cloudy with a light,cool breeze
Those Involved: @Ariel @happydeath @GhostofManchester @CaptainLiterally @lXlGamemaster @TheEccentric @Rebelle @Huntress @The Last Curse @chaosheart13 @Lore Magus
TooLongDidn'tRead: The band of Apostles has arrived at a fork in the road and must make a choice as to how to proceed from here: right, left, other...
Note From The Author: (I encourage the members of this rp to adopt a similar setup or posting style that quickly informs readers of the contents of the post and what's going on in the rp. I also encourage OOC chatter in the discord and our ooc thread. Plot Plot Plot.:bananaman:)
Post Listening:

www.RussianPaintings.net_Lysak_Gennadiy_Crossroad_medium_226224.jpg

It was not more than an hour since the party of Apostles left the small village to continue their journey. The group were on a mission appointed by their Abbot, and all were fit for travel. Morale was high, but some disconcerting things were overheard on their way into the plains. The party had determined their route to the mountain, forest village of Pinnacle before they left the Abbey, but along the way, the rumors suggested their original route would no longer suffice. They would need to make a choice on a new route to their destination.

According to travelers that were in the area around the time it happened, a rockfall sealed the mountain passe that was to be their original means of getting into the mountains safely. With the passe closed, they would need to route around the mountains and come in through the opposite side. However, the ways to get there were many and not all of them were equal. While considering their options, the party would come to a fork in the road. It was here, they would have to make their first choice. Little did they know how much their journey would change as a consequence of this day.

To their left was a winding trail that would lead them through hill country and eventually into lower laying lands. Marshes, swamps, the coast and more tropical environments awaited those taking the left road.
To their right was a narrow and overgrown path leading up into rocky highlands. Forests, the cold, and more rugged terrain would be on the menu for those journeying right.
While the common man would be encouraged to and would likely take the left or the right, the party contained no common man. As Apostles, it was within their ability to leave the road behind and carve their own path. The mountains waited for challengers in the distance.

As they contemplated, they were alone on the road. The only thing keeping them company or interrupting their thoughts were the animals and insects that carried on in the early morning. The smell of fresh air was refreshing.

TooLongDidn'tRead: Sorod is curious, the beauty of unfamiliar lands is interesting. He opts for higher elevation, for better vantage point, and more familiar terrain.

The journey thus far could be described to be "Interesting" to the immense silhouette that lumbered behind the party, its steps scattering dust and leaving sizable dents on the path. Whatever poor creature that moved too slow got stomped and reduced to mush for the dirt, but fortunately, it seems that only insects have met a sudden demise to the large iron boots that kissed the ground with the grace of an elephant. This is Sorod. Hefting a sizable bag on one side, it contains some of the more essential equipment, tools and necessities that everyone is too lazy to carry, the Iron Golem followed behind everyone in a more leisurely manner. His shield clunking against his back with every step, his spear's flat-end dragging a dirt line in his wake, and his chest-hole making that weird ghostly moan from time to time; suffice to say, Sorod is making a ruckus.

His eyeless gaze sought the wonderful colors and the fanciful shapes around them, the fluttering of wings and the dancing of grass rang in his earless hearing, and the beaming sun warmed his senseless skin. All these sensations, just rising up and falling down in differing intensities, they caught him off guard, which is almost impossible to do. Why? Because is the Guardian! "So-This is serene-Rod.", with his very strange speech pattern, which confines whatever he's saying between the syllables of his name, he turns to the rest with a deep echoing voice. Noticing the split in their pathway, Sorod finds himself in a place where he can voice his opinion. A concept that he is still very surprised and wondrous about! "So-The road to the right leads up, which is tall, which is what I am-Rod. So-I like being tall, it will be nice to go upwards, but only if you all want it as well-Rod.", articulating and choosing his words very slowly and deliberately, he pointed to the right. Having his words contain value is fascinating to him, and still alien, so he gave his salt in the scenario. He bent forward and stared down, waiting for a response from all these new... companions of his.

((There y'all go, something to build on. Future responses will be more people-oriented, this is just to get things moving.))

TLDR:
-Giles wants to go the right path

Carefully trotting behind the behemoth was a middle-aged man. One with unkempt hair, a faint smell of moonshine, and a poncho riddled with signs of constant wear and tear. Twas Giles, the sleazy cowboy with a heart O' gold. With hand on his scabbard, the man was whistling a familiar folk tune whilst trying to keep his balance from the impact of the colussus' footsteps. Nonetheless, Giles still managed to keep a positive outlook on the party's adventure, even when they came across their first challenge.

Giles stood between the two pathways and peered down both roads. One side held rugged terrain that he was familiar with, whilst the other held a more intriguing environment, warm and wet locales that he had not a clue existed. The man scratched his chin as he slowly turned to face the party.

"Howdy all, So uh, ya wanna get your feet wet?", he asks as he points towards the left path, Giles then points towards the opposite path "Or maybe ya wanna get rocks in your boot?". He strides over to Sorod's feet and nonchalantly leans on them as he points up towards him. "I say we go with the big guy, but I'm fine with whatever". The cowboy continues to lean on the Golem's feet as he awaits a response from his party members. Though he appeared to be neutral, Giles desired to go the right path, but that choice was not up to him.

TL;DR: Knell chooses to go right.

Knell honestly remained in the back of the group, just walking at a leisurely pace while she surveyed her surroundings. It was quite nice how things were so far, the weather was beautiful and people were in high spirits. A blessing for sure, though the mission was still on her mind. She just...wanted to enjoy the moment, was all, it was so rare for her to get moments like these in the past. Her eyes flickered to her palm as she stared at it for a moment. Indeed, such rare and wonderful moments that she didn't want to end... Her thoughts were cut short when she ran into Sorod and she let out an undignified squeak. "Ergh..." With a sigh, she shuffled around the golem and gave him a pat on the arm as an apology before heading over to see what was going on.

Her brows furrowed in thought. "...Lowlands with lots of water...the rocky highlands...or perhaps..." she murmured as she put a hand to her chin in thought, "...Well, it would be easy to lose a trail in the lowlands...the highlands would have some vague semblance of tracks...and to be honest...I do believe the culprit would feel safer in high terrain." She dropped her hand and crossed her arms. "Tough...I say right for me. And you all?" Her gaze flickered to each and every one of them, gray eyes just scanning the large group with a piercing gaze. If they ended up being split in decision...well, she wouldn't know. Perhaps the more influential members would guide the way? If that were the case, then all the better. They needed to make this decision soon.

Diana stayed silent as the others discussed, watching her fellow apostles with curiosity. Most of the party was leaning towards the right path, as she was. Although she would be much more comfortable in the green forests that would conceal them well, the sensible option was most likely the mountain path. She pursed her lips as the party members continued to politely suggest pathways. They were supposed to be the sensible ones who made the decisions while she offered vague advice every once and a while! This will not do.

"I think that most of us are leaning towards the mountain. We should either follow our gut or send scouts ahead. But my gut is telling me to follow our guts and my guts as well as the majority of yours are telling me that up is the way to go. Come along, everyone!"

The green-eyed-girl started towards the mountain and then turned around to see if anyone had any objections. She almost hoped they did. Diana never considered herself a "leader" type, despite her actions. She despised attention. At least she told herself so.

"I am a follower," she thought as she scanned the crowd for possible counters to her "gut instinct" ideology.

Last edited:
TLDR: Jeremiah picks the left path, having actual reasons to do so.

Personally, Jeremiah wasn't sure why the others seemed to be choosing the right path- if anything happened then he wouldn't be as useful to the group- their canteens being their only water sources for him to draw on. As for his voice...he wasn't about to use that magic unless the situation truly called for it.

He himself was walking almost directly in the middle of the group of apostles, finding strength in the numbers. Even now, being in a large group served to soothe him- almost as if he was back with his pod once more. At least it wasn't raining- at least the pleasant weather was good for something more than just making him feel jovial. Active rains really cramped his style, and he preferred not to have to bundle up every time he went outside, or constantly use his magic to keep himself human.

This was a potentially important decision, which meant that even if it meant going against the others, he would speak his mind. He had to express his opinion to the others- hopefully some of the others who haven't spoken up agreed with him. There was thirteen of them, and only four or so had spoken out. "I choose the left path. If we can track our target that easily, then they will be able to see us as well. IF we take the left path then we can gain the element of surprise. There's no where to run, nowhere to hide if we need to on the right path. I'm not entirely sure why they would feel safer on the rocky path. It is quite visible." His primal side, or his predator as he liked to call it, seemed to agree with him, but then again his primal side liked surprises- surprises he could give to others.

TLDR:
  • Lots of internal dialogue and thoughts about the mission, their surroundings and peoples opinions on which path to take.
  • Lilirel wants to climb the mountain but is waiting to see what Althea thinks.
YY53pcY.png

The relic had been stolen. No one was sure how, why or when. They had no information; all they knew was that they were to go and retrieve it. That’s how this rather motley crew had been put together and sent forth. They had been walking for some time, not that it mattered really, there was plenty of time to spend on random tasks. The raven-haired woman stuck to the back of the large group. Surely this was a serious quest, or else why would Abbot have sent so many of them? Her question remained internal hopefully, not that there was anything wrong or vile about her thoughts. She simply wasn’t a fan of her mind being invaded.

Behind her walked Sorod, the sentient wall. In truth Lilirel was glad for his presence, he was capable of keeping them all safe with ease. The ruckus he caused as he shambled along was noise that eventually became part of the landscape, at least in Lilirel’s ears.

It was nice to leave the Abbey again. Not that she had any complaints doing chores and training, it was certainly the safer and somehow more calming option, but the change of scenery was needed, and she was pretty sure that it wasn’t just herself that needed a little escape. Lilirel was aware that this quest was most likely going to be long and arduous but regardless, the point in the end was to do their job as Apostles. Excitement aside.

Pale tourmaline eyes scanned the surrounding flora and occasional fauna. Nothing had seemed or felt out of place this far, that was a relief. Encountering issues on the road were never fun, with a group so large, and a machination so large behind them, Lilirel assumed that anyone seeking to cause any trouble was thwarted just by their sheer numbers and the size of Sorod. The group was slowly starting to come to a stop, there seemed to be a fork in the road ahead. It wasn’t a big issue in Lilirel’s eyes, but as others started to speak up about which way to go, she found herself glancing around at everyone sharing their opinion.

The group was large enough that they could take two paths if they really wanted. Both options obviously had their risks. Had she been alone the demoness would’ve taken the mountain straight on, and it seemed like the party was leaning towards that same option. Sorod was intrigued by the potential for higher ground, Giles, whom she knew not much about was thinking of the negative aspects to either option but seemed content with staying close to Sorod, a smart choice to remain protected. Knell was staying neutral, bringing up points that were fair to either option but not stating a preference, waiting for others. Diana was quick to make assumptions with people’s decisions and moved along on her own towards the mountains without a decision having been made. It seemed like she was expecting people to follow her, this caused Lilirel to cock a brow as she folded her arms across her chest. Another member she didn’t know much about, Jerimiah also spoke up, going against the grain and saying that he thought the left path was a better option.

Her eyes bounced around the group as she clenched her jaw for a moment. A small sigh escaped Lilirel before she looked down to her right. Lowering herself to the ground she squatted next to Althea. “What do you think is the better option?” Her expression was serious, brow raised as her eyes were focused on her friend. “I like the idea of taking the mountain, I feel that if we go for the swamps it’ll be easier to be ambushed by potential enemies. They’d be idiots to attack a group so large, but you never know with some of these folk that live out in the wilderness.” Lilirel’s opinion had been stated, not openly just yet, but she valued Althea’s thoughts and words. Before she spoke up she’d wait to see what the other had to say, regardless of the end result, Lilirel would most likely join Althea wherever she chose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
Althea - @lXlGamemaster

Mentions:
Abbot
Sorod - @TheEccentric
Giles - @TheLastCurse
Knell - @chaosheart13
Diana - @CaptainLiterally
Jerimiah - @slifer

Last edited:
TLDR;
-Ren wants to go right because it's cold

Ren liked the Abbot. He wore funny clothes and people liked to defer to him for Big Decisions. Ren was not good at Big Decisions, so she liked letting the Abbot do the thinking for her. Except when he told her to stop picking up children to bring to the Abbey. She didn't like him then. But she knew a Big Shiny had been taken from the Abbey and that meant that they had to bring it back.

She liked Sorod, his funny speech pattern made her feel better when Words were hard. Plus, for a golem, he was very personable. She'd been eying his bag for most of the trip, longingly wanting to climb inside and just let him do all the heavy lifting. However, she had been told that was Bad to give others more Work. Since she was Important she had to make sure not to do any more Bad. However, that was extremely hard to figure out when most of the people who'd ever taught her what Bad looked like threw rocks and only screamed at her.

"Sorod! I also like being tall! Plus it's cold. And I don't like Marshes. Fish boy may like them, but they're icky and gooey. Snow is clean... most of the time. Cold is great!" Ren said, buzzing around the Golem, sticking her tongue out playfully at Jeremiah. "And guts are yummy!"

"But but but! Maybe you don't like cold? I can give you my coat if it's too cold!" Ren then started pulling off her top jacket, comically revealing an older, rattier one underneath. "I keep jackets for Warm People! Ren is a Cold Person, so Warm People get sick and sleepy if they get cold."

Whether or not Ren seemed to actually be thinking tactically was beyond the best of them. Ren was always better at fighting and yelling, and so all the big Words of tactics didn't really work for her. She was an idiot, for sure, but at least she was an earnest one.

"But if Group wants to go left, I can go left. Might feel a bit Melty though."

Direct Mentions/Interactions:
@TheEccentric / Sorod
@slifer / Jerimiah
@CaptainLiterally / Diana

TLDR
> Zayne wants to go left, but also offers the idea of splitting up since they have thirteen people and a group that large may attract too much attention.

Following the group of Apostles from the rear, the sapphire haired male had kept his attention focused mainly onto his surroundings; the ground in particular, rather than the group of people who stood before him. It wasn't exactly often that the male had ever left the Abbey ever since actually arriving there, so the fact that he practically had no choice but to follow this large group by recommendations from Abbot himself, at the very least this was an opportunity for him to see if he could find some herbs that he could pick and bring back later on for different recipes for food when they returned from this trip.

Truly though, ever since this trip had first started, Zayne had questioned the need for such a large group to be formed to find some kind of thief that stole an important relic; just how important was this relic, was the thief that dangerous that they needed thirteen Apostles to go in search for them, and why was he selected out of all the other possible Apostles at the Abbey. Many more questions brewed in his head yet he voiced none of them, out of all those that traveled with the group the only ones that Zayne recognized were Llawr since the two of them had become friends rather early on just after Zayne had first arrived at the Abbey, the other was Sorod and honestly the only reason he knew of this giant was simply because the golem was completely unavoidable when first arriving at the Abbey and being informed that he was not simply a statue when first introduced was quite the shocker at first.

Minutes into the walk, the sudden halt in everyone's footsteps and chatter between the members of the group rising had Zayne lift his gaze up only to find that there had been a split in the path before them. The two decisions were either to head into a swamp-like terrain while the other lead up into the mountains; shifting his blue gaze between the two separate paths while listening in on the decisions that some of the group had already come to the decision of, it appeared nearly everyone aside from Jeremiah had chosen to head up the right path.
While he understood the reason as to why some of the members wished to head right, Zayne eventually voiced his own opinion while remaining still behind many of those who spoke with one another. "Hm, Both paths lead to the same location do they not? It is unclear whether one is closer than the other...however, I believe to go left. Surely, if we head up the mountain than there is no doubt to be high wind speeds that will possibly remove any scents or tracks in the snow. While the marsh may be a bit more difficult to see footsteps, we can assume that if the thief were to head down there, they would have a difficult time traversing through the terrain which can leave a scent if any us can pick up such a thing." Even if the others wished to continue with their idea to take the path on the right, if a majority of them had decided on that, he wouldn't argue and simply follow along with them.

"If I may make a suggestion, there are thirteen of us. If some of us wish to head down left and others go right...surely there would be no harm in us splitting up? All of us grouped together heading down either path will only make us similar to that of a giant beacon to the thief and allow them time to gain a head start in running if they spot us before we see them." Adding to his previous statement, Zayne directed the group's attention to that of Sorod practically towering over everyone as the idea of something like a stone golem followed by twelve other people surely would not spell good news to anyone that had known they had stolen something of great importance.

Mentions
@slifer - Jeremiah
@TheEccentric - Sorod

TL;DR: Tomoe goes her own way, straight up the mountain.

A tall young woman with hair the colour of autumn mist strode ahead of the group as they nattered about which path to take. A frown furrowed her brow. This was exactly why she hated working in large groups. By yourself, you did what you thought right; in a pair, you soon developed an understanding; with so many, it would take forever to make a decision unless there was a strong leader - and in that case it was as if the leader was working by themselves anyway.

Tomoe wasn't a leader type. She hated being told what to do, and she hated telling people what to do as well. They were Apostles! Each of them was a small army unto themselves. How had they survived so long if they hadn't the ability to make their own minds up?

"Doesn't matter to me what you all decide," she said over her shoulder. "I'm going to take the direct route, straight up the mountain. Not going to stop any of you from coming along either, but if you want to, let's not waste time."

Last edited:
TooLongDidn'tRead: Seeing someone take the initiative, Sorod merely follows with a musing rumble, both inside and out.

Watching the others discuss their preferences and ideas between each other, Sorod stood there in silence, well, relative silence. It's hard to ignore the creaking of his helm whenever he turned his head to look at one of his companions, watching with an intensity that is powered by his curiosity; they should know more about this land than he, right now, he is still learning. They've been Apostles longer than he, although the age of his material could likely stem back to everyone's ancestors, his time as one of their own has been fleeting at best. Energetic as ever, he gave a rumbling chuckle at Ren's little antics, tapping his chest loudly with fingers thicker than almost everyone's thighs. "So-Yes, I am tall-Rod.", he made sure not to move too widely though, especially since Giles is leaning on him, nobody wants to see a flattened Apostle anytime soon. At least, no one in the party.

Their reasoning and assumptions all flew over his head though, figuratively of course, because he'd never let anything fly over his head, unless it's something small and meaningless. Like a pebble. Some folks threw pebbles at him when he had first started moving, they called him a lot of names and words he isn't really familiar with, so he just chose to forget all of them. But, one thing he can't forget, is the pull of the thing he guarded. The Relic which he was made to defend and protect, just thinking about it, the heatless flame in him gave a louder ghostly moan than usual, fiery fingers gripped at the rim of the hole in his chest. With a slight shake though, whatever it was, it got pulled back inside and silenced. "So-What is Swamp-Rod? So-What is Marsh-Rod? So-Both lead to Pinnacle, I know Pinnacle means top, answer, head to higher ground,-Rod", ignoring that little instance, these foreign words made him wonder, so he asked these questions out loud, of course he gave also gave a reason that he believes is valid. It sounded valid to him.

Despite all their talking though, it seems their words matter not to the Red Lady. He has seen her use Fire, albeit only on rare occasions, but Fire is usually red. Thus, she is The Red Lady. Watching her breeze past all of them, Sorod raised a metaphorical brow at her, perhaps she knows more than everyone else? "So-The Red Lady has chosen up, I like up, I follow up-Rod.", making sure to give Giles a chance to remove himself first, Sorod just started walking behind Tomoe, the rhythmic stomping of his boots once again starting the marching beat. This is interesting. He will go up, he will become taller, and he will see more. That sounds nice, that it does. Forgetting the fact that he carried a majority of what is likely to be essentials in survival, Sorod chose to follow his "gut", as the little girl had called it. Everyone's little to him, really, but she just felt smaller than the rest. Why? He couldn't answer that question. It's just a part of his metal gut.

Althea had to some to a sharp stop in order to not run into the person she was following. With the metal man leading the group, she had to jump over all of the huge indents that he was leaving in his wake, making her jump over the tallest ones. It made her look like she was skipping, but she didn't mind. The huge backpack that she carried jangled with each skip, and the bear-trap and chain she kept on the outside of it gave a rhythmic clang to it. She had a vast group of people to take care of, so she was in a relatively good mood. When the group stopped, she had to slide forward a few feet so as not to run into the person in front of her.

"What's going on?" She asked her tall friend, Lilirel.

Upon stooping down, she let Althea know that they were picking between a mountain area or a swamp area. While she didn't like the cold, the thought of getting stuck in knee high muck (which was waist high for her) wasn't appeasing either. Among the discussion there were some talk of splitting the huge party in two.

"I don't think that splitting the party is a good idea. With one person dedicated to defense, and one dedicated to healing, there would either be one party that's unstoppable or two unbalanced parties if we split up..."

The metal man said something about going up and began to move.

"I guess up it is then. I wonder what kind of flora we'll find in the higher regions? Maybe something useful to add to my collection."

"I don't think splitting up is a good idea. Abbey is powerful, people who take from it are also powerful. Or clever. What if he ambushes us? Althea is right, we only have her for if something happens. Ren isn't good at... helping people," she said, a note of sadness in her voice.

Tomoe was ready to go and had enough of all these Words. Ren had to agree, staying put would only put distance between them and the prey they were looking for. Climbing the mountain would be tough, but they'd probably be okay.

"Okay! Let's go climb a mountain! I like that better than waiting and talking. Words are getting cluttered up in my head, anyway." Ren said, moving quickly to get next to Sorod. She felt so tiny next to the giant metal man, but strangely she felt safer the closer she was to his side. He was a big Protector Thing. Sorod was a Safe. Like the Abbot.

"So- Marsh is big wet Mud Land -rod." Ren copied his style of talking to try and be more friendly, which was easy for her with other Apostles. She didn't even think for a second that it could come across as mocking. Just that Sorod might understand her better if she spoke like he did. Ren prefered it when people spoke simple, like her. Big Words were just filling her head and confusing. Ren really preferred moving than debating. "So- Swamp is really sticky Mud Land -rod."

Remembering their leader, she added, "Let's go, Red Lady! We've got a mountain to conquer!"

Ren was just happy to be along for the ride, because on her own, it felt like she was Silent. Her heart felt like it was trying to muffle itself in order for villagers not to find her. No more Rocks. But other could talk to villagers and not scare them. Ren reached her her mask, setting it on her face, preparing for the climb to come.

TLDR: Payne chooses left for selfish and unselfish reasons.

Payne gazed back at forth at the members of the group. This choice was liable to divide them. Payne wouldn’t mind splitting up. Many people or few people, he wouldn’t be one to complain. But very few of his fellow Apostles had seen his true form. He needed to remoisten soon if he wanted to keep up his transformation. He couldn’t let them see what he was. They’d fear him. They’d hate him. He couldn’t deny what he’d done, and they’d hate him. He deserved it. He knew he did.

“I feel that the route to our left would offer a much more sure path to our destination. The mountain goes up easily enough, but do we know the way down is as simple? Could each of safely repel down the mountainside? Better to take the left. Many of us can swim, and anyone can cross a bridge. The safer bet.” He said, steadying his voice.

The swamp water would be easy for him to cross. He would be strongest there, if they ran into trouble. And if they encountered another Vodyanoy... He would do everything he could to prevent further senseless bloodshed.

He turned towards the left, and began taking steps in that direction.

Llawr Silpad

TL;DR: Llawr is excited to work with the Apostles, but feels they're not considering the group as a whole. He feels the group should split into 2 groups and play to their strengths, with each group having a healer and someone that can send a distress signal in case of emergency.

Llawr walked along the front of the group with a big smile on is face. He looked all around him as he walked; the fact that he was able to travel again brought him a sense of peace and excitement. It's been 7 years... He inhaled the fresh, new air and allowed the sensation to wash over his body before exhaling. He had spent his first 12 years of life as a nomad with his tribe before living at the Abbey for 7, so the feeling of being on open road sparked feelings of nostalgia and comfort. Aside from that; I can't believe I get to travel with a bunch of veteran Apostles! I'll have to put in extra effort so I don't disappoint the trust the Abbot put into me to be on this important mission!

As Llawr was lost in his own thoughts out of excitement, which could be visibly noticed by his expression, he didn't even notice that the group had stopped; his feet reflexively pulled him down the left path. After walking a few paces, he finally looked around to find his group behind him somewhat. ... Eh? After a quick moment of pause, he hurried back to the group with an embarrassed smile, tuning into the conversation to see what was wrong. Hmm... everyone has their own opinions on what to do. This is a new experience for me... but I can't let that distract me! I've got years of experience in travel, so I need to contribute too! "Hey guys, I understand that this mission is important and we can't waste time, but I think we should also consider our teammates' health and comfort levels. I know some of us have only met recently, but when we started this mission we became a team! The mission obviously takes priority, but I think that the well-being of the team is just as important. I may be one of the youngest and least accomplished of our group, but one thing I know more than anything is how to travel in a group safely."

After voicing his icebreaker, Llawr needed to take a deep breath to stave off his desire to scream in excitement that he was lecturing Apostles on group-travel etiquette. After this moment of pause, he continued voicing his thoughts; "In my experience as a Nomad, the safer your route is the better your condition will be once you've finished traveling. I know we're all stronger than the average person, but we all have our limits. Going up the mountainside might be more direct, but there will be fewer places to rest for food, and nowhere to replenish our water supply. Even if we catch up to the thief sooner, there's not much we can do if we're hungry and thirsty. Well... Sorod being the exception, he stated with a nervous chuckle. "Either way, both paths have a benefit for the thief as well. That said, I checked an area map before we left and both paths end up at the same place. Normally I'd say we should stick together, but I can already tell not everyone is willing to discuss it..." Blatantly stating this observation, regardless of how obvious it was, made Llawr a bit nervous. "That said, we're all Apostles! We were chosen for this mission for a reason; that's what I want to believe. If we run into trouble along the way, not only can Althea heal our injuries but I also have the ability to aid in our healing as long as there's lots of plant-life around. I think we could just pull off splitting into two groups, but three would definitely be too risky. So here's my suggestion;"

With an index finger raised in front of his face, he voiced the conclusion he had come to as their solution. "I suggest we split into even groups with one healer each. We should also include someone on each team that has some kind of projectile skill; that way if either group runs into any danger they can send a distress signal so the other team can rush to help. Since the distress signal wouldn't be seen on the other side of the mountains, we should stick to one group taking the left path and the other group going up the mountain. If everything goes well and the mountain group reaches the other side first, they'll wait for the rest of the group to catch up. It may seem risky on the surface to split our forces, but we don't know what kind of powers each other has. It's possible that some of us have powers that are really situational, so I feel that we'll be better off if we play to our strengths." This last statement wasn't just about the group, but also about himself. He knew that on the mountains he could only provide improved stamina coupled with a loss of wind resistance, which could be more detrimental than helpful. Contrarily, in marshlands he could provide healing support or he could practically remove the hindrance of traveling through water. He had no doubts that some of the others had similarly limited abilities.

Last edited:
TLDR:
  • Pondering on the concept of splitting into groups, Lilirel chooses not to follow her friend Althea as they start for the mountain.
  • Instead she stays behind to speak to Llawr and entertain the concept of groups with a bunch of people that are practically strangers to her.
  • She still leans more towards the mountain as a personal preference.
YY53pcY.png

Staying in her squatted position Lilirel listened to Althea as she spoke up towards the group. This time she gave her friend a look that consisted of a narrow gaze and arched brow. “There isn’t simply one of each role in regards to defense and healing.” She muttered mostly towards Althea. Before she could continue to explain herself to her friend, Sorod was moving and Althea was following. With a deep sigh Lilirel stood up, arms to her sides as she scratched her head with a grumble. Before moving along, her purple eyes scanned those that continued to speak. It was surprising to Lilirel that she didn’t recognize a lot of these people. As the white haired, red eyed woman spoke up, Lilly watched. Her attention turned to the remainder of the party. Payne, the armour clad man voiced his concerns, and then the young cat-kin boy spoke up, and he had lots to say.

With a harrumph, Lilirel tapped her chin before stepping passed the last two that chose to speak, other’s already moving along where they wished to go. “I’m not sure if those that are already moving have been listening. I see your points and I understand them. I myself have nothing against splitting up, I think it’s a wise choice to cover more ground. My preference simply lays with climbing the mountain and that’s just a personal thing.” She began to explain to the boy. “Sorod, Althea, Giles, Diana, the white-haired wildling, and the red-haired aggressive one have made their decision as it seems like they’re in some sort of rush.” Lilirel’s arms came up across her chest. “That’s practically half our group. I’m inclined to stay close to my friend but then that seems to bring unbalance to our parties. The remainder of the group which is you,” she pointed towards the young man “your name?” a brow came up. “I don’t think we’ve ever met or been introduced to eachother.” Her hand turned for a shake. “I’m Lilirel, and if last names are important to you, it’s Rivermore.” She waited for him to take her hand and introduce himself.

Returning to the point she was trying to make, “You, Knell who seems to be neutral in her decision as does the young lad who’s name I don’t think I know; Jerimiah and Payne who are both more interested in going to the swamps, along with myself, and these two women are who’s left.” Lilly explained. “It makes this group larger but I’m unsure in what categories we would be lacking.” There was a shrug from the towering woman. Two people still hadn’t stated their opinions and Lilirel simply assumed they were neutral towards which path to take. “I’m not worried about time so whoever is still in need of deciding feel free.” She looked around to those that remained. “I have no problem waiting about to make my decision.” Her attention turned to their surroundings, spotting a large boulder by the fork in the road she approached it and took a seat upon it. The length of her blade resting on her back preventing her from sitting straight as she leaned forward, elbows resting on her knees, eyes on those left standing around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
Althea - @lXlGamemaster
Llwar - @Lore Magus

Mentions:
Sorod - @TheEccentric
Ren - @Karyra
Payne - @GhostofManchester
Giles - @TheLastCurse
Diana - @CaptainLiterally
Tomoe - @Ariel
Knell - @chaosheart13
Zayne - @happydeath
Jerimiah - @slifer
Estella - @DangoYumi
Seta - @Rebelle

Last edited:
TLDR:
-Giles comes up with a plan by himself but doesn't say it to the group
-Giles makes his way towards the others on the mountainous path

Giles kept quiet during the whole ordeal. To him the answer was quite simple; if a few people wanted to go one path, they would take their path together and vice versa. Much like how the Sith described, whoever made it to the objective first would wait for the trailing team. If said team were to go missing for quite a while, a prompt search should be made. However, his plan did have some flaws. It seemed that more members of the party wanted to take the mountainous path, which would leave those who desired to take the right path clearly short-handed. On top of that, Giles assumed that some members of the party would not be too keen on switching their course, himself included, but it seemed he had no choice.

If he were to speak his mind, they'd be here forever. So he decided to suck it up and follow the crowd. "Welp, I've made up my mind". The cowboy adjusted his poncho and turned towards the mountainous trail, before making his way towards the others ahead of him he looked back and yelled out the following: "Don't keep us waitin' Kiddos!".

Mountains always left Giles slightly confounded. Though there were many of them in the Wastelands, he barely crossed them, only sticking to the smoother and less treacherous plains. If these mountains were similar to the ones back home, this would be a piece of cake. If not, he would be in a world of confusion.

Mentions:
Llwar- @Lore Magus

Last edited:
TL;DR: Diana starts to walk towards the right path, gets lonely and talks at Giles for fun

Diana sighed and begin to bite at her fingernails. She hoped that the group would be a little better at building off of each other's ideas and working together rather than become a confusing mess at every choice that had to be made. There really was no telling which pass would be worse off from here. Either they send scouts and delay the mission, split up according to our personal needs and spend extra time meeting up again, or choosing a path and hoping for the best. Diana, as mentioned earlier, was leaning towards the mountain path. And now that Sorod had begun his march on the said path, she dropped her hands to her sides and walked on after him.

She felt quite awkward marching all by her lonesome, so she decided to approach Giles.

"Hello!" she chirped cheerfully as she came to him. "We haven't really had much time to talk recently. How has your day been?"

___

Giles - @The Last Curse

5737a273bd4914ed8dd5171946be4b83.png

Even after his own opinion on the matter at hand, it appeared as though a majority of the group were fully set upon heading up the mountain path while it left only himself along with two other males that thought of actually heading down the left path. Even with two others wishing to head down the path on the left, it was only a matter of time the sight of a few of the members of the group had begun to progress their way straight up the right path without hesitation.
Soon after the few that had begun their leave, a familiar male voice came up out of the group that had caught Zayne's attention only to find that it was none other than Llawr addressing his own opinion in on the matter about how splitting up the group into an even amount would be possible if it helped out one another. While the idea was something that Zayne agreed upon, it seemed as though a much larger portion of the group was at the decision that they wished to head up the mountain and he doubted that anyone was about to change their mind anytime soon.

While barely knowing any bit of any of these people whatsoever aside from Llawr, even he knew everyone including himself had his own limits to how long they could do in a fight let alone traverse on terrain they weren't used to alone; so, without a another word to attempt and persuade others to head down a different path, he simply pulled the hood of his cloak over his head to prepare for the trip upwards.
Immediately Zayne began to approach the path upon the right just before placing a hand onto the head of the feline male simply to ruffle his hair for a moment while flashing him a warm smile. "Heh, you did your best Llawr. Don't worry, surely the path shouldn't take us too long to cross...and besides, guess it's more time to bound with the rest of them hm?"

Reaching the center as to where the road split into two separate paths, his gaze soon fell onto that of the other two that actually wished to head down the left path for their own possible reasonings. "It seems that most of them want to head up the mountain. Do you two still wish to head down into the swamps? If so, I shall join you. If not, than we may all be heading together up the same road as well."

@GhostofManchester

Last edited: