Apollo's Search for Partners! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iApollo

Original poster
~Introduction~
Hello! My name is Moogle and I've been role-playing for a little over four years and have been a member of this wonderful role-playing community for about nine months. If you have any personal questions about me, please refer to my profile page. Anyway, I'm pretty much down to do any type of role-play. I really want something new that I haven't done before, but I'm also down for some old school classics (high school romances and such.) On another note, I'm looking for a role-play pairing that consists of a human and an animal-human hybrid of some sort. But yeah I'm open to just about any role-play idea.....as long as it's interesting!

Role-play Elements/Things I'm Interested In:
(Asterisks represent level of interest)
*Action*
*Romance*
*Sci-Fi*
*Futuristic*
Apocalyptic (Non-Zombie, unless you can provide an original plot)
*Crime*
Military
Magical
The Divergent Trilogy
**Furry/Anthro**
*Yuri*

Things that are a General No-Go:
Overly-gorified. I don't want to be disgusted by incredible details about guts. Yuck.
Horror. Just generally boring to me. If you think you have a great plot, tell me.
Yaoi. I just really am not a huge fan of mxm pairings. Sorry ^-^

Just a quick note before I get into anything else, this is NOT a list that's required to be chosen from. In fact, I really like coming up with plots with my partners. These are simply ideas that are meant to give a bit of an idea of what I like. However, these are also ideas that I really want to do.

Neighbors-A
Slots Filled: [1/2]
Tags: High Schol/Slice of Life/High School

Character A moves into a small town in which Character B has lived their entire life. The town is one of those stereotypical small towns you'd see in a movie in which everyone knows everyone else's name. But anyway, Character A moves into a house that is literally right across from Character B's home. The two start to develop a friendship after a rough start. One, or both, character(s) develop(s) a crush on the other. This is a pretty standard romance role-play for those who aren't wanting to do anything too fancy shmancy and just want to stick to the basics.

Neigbors-B
Tags: Magic/Supernatural/Romance/High School/Fantasy

This is a slight twist on the neighbors plot above. This role-play will be very similar to the book Beatiful Creatures (haven't read the entire series. No spoilers!!!) but will not be directly based on it. So to explain further, Character A moves into Character B's small town. Character B is instantly despised by many because Character B is an outsider. Character A, however, is tired of staying in this small town. They say that if you're born there, you die there. No one really comes or goes. It's not a creepy thing, necessarily, but it certainly is off-putting to those that just visiting the town. The twist is that Character B has been having strange dreams. His/her dreams have been very frightening and have been filled with unexplainable feelings of helplessness upon awakening. Character A just so happens to have some supernatural quality. This is what causes the character to be despised, out of fear, by the majority of the town. The supernatural quality will be left up to whomever plays the role (whether my partner or myself.) Some examples of such would be vampirism, shape-shifting, and the ability to use magic.

Resisting Oppression
Slots Filed: [1/2]
Tags: Anthro/Military/Romance/Fantasy

This is an idea that I've had for a long time. In place of explanation, I issue a link that will redirect you to the post in which a little of this is explained. This is a LIBERTEEN ROLEPLAY. Click Here

Half a World Away
Tags: Video Game/Romance/Action/Sci-Fi (potential)/Fantasy (potential)

Two people meet each other on an online MMORPG. After playing the game for weeks on end, the two develop an attraction towards one another. However, once they get to talking and share their feelings, they realize that they're on two completely different sides of the world (or country depending on what you'd prefer in the roleplay itself.) This takes one of the characters (or both) on a huge journey to find each other. The problem is, they're teenagers and have very few means of transportation on long distances. Do they break their parents rules and potentially the law just to see each other? Or do they play it safe and keep it a strictly internet-only relationship. Or, even further, do they decide not to go forward with the relationship at all? You won't know unless you find out!

Raven Academy
Slots Filled: [0/2]
Tags: Action/Romance(potential)/Miliary/Crime/School

This is a role-play that is very similar to the anime Aria the Scarlett Ammo (Hidan no Aria is the light novel version.) There are two characters that are attending a High School (Or college/university if you would prefer) and they are, for lack of a better term, mercenaries. The Raven Academy(or University if we're going for the young adult side of things) is a school that was established to serve as an emergency backup to law enforcement and the national guard. The students, as opposed to being taught advanced mathematics and other unimportant subjects, are taught weapons skills and marksmanship with firearms. For lack of a better term, they're a nationwide SWAT team in a way. However, aside from backing up law enforcement, the national guard, and other military branches, Raven Academy also does private contracting. On occasion, politicians and wealthy businesspeople will contact the Academy to get one of their students to act as a bodyguard. The more risky the contract, the higher payment for the student and the school.

Planet X-427
Slots Filled: [0/2]
Tags: Action/Crime/Romance (potential)/Magic/Sci-Fi

In the future, the Earth is overpopulated and mass genocide occurs. Major world leaders, overnight, decide to slaughter the populace by billions at a time. Meanwhile, for the past forty years, scientists have taken notice of the overpopulation. They have been searching for planets for colonization attempts. However, seeing the mass killings going on, the scientists call on those that have been specifically selected for colonization missions. These people range from a multitude of professions to help aid the complete and thorough colonization on the future planet. Multiple spacecrafts are thus sent out of Earth's atmosphere, carrying roughly one-million men, women, and children in total. These spacecrafts are sent to the most habitable of the planets that have been pre-selected. Planet-X427. The planet is, over the course of three-hundred years, colonized to a good fourth of its entire landmass. As opposed to expanding outward into the unknown, they have chosen to expand upwards. The settlement is separated into two levels.

The upper level, an entire portion of the settlement in which the city is literally floating atop the lower level. The upper level is primarily reserved for industrial and major commercial industries. The lower level, the level on the ground, is reserved for smaller shops (restaurants and such) and residential zones. The town is very cyberpunk themed and is very energy-efficient due to centuries of innovation. Twenty years earlier to the present day of the role-play, an invisible substance in the air known as Manaridium (nicknamed mana) has been discovered by scientists. The manaridium is able to be condensed into pure energy through a casting device and it is able to take the form of whatever the user's mind desires.

The device takes the shape of a simple armband with a small port in the front, it looks similar to a camera lens, and sucks in manaridium. The manaridium is synthesized within the casting device and is projected outwards into whatever the user chose. For instance, it could come out in the shape of fire. It could come out in the shape of a platform. The possibilities are quite literally limitless. The big part of this role-play is the conflict over the manaridium usage. The government has banned any extraordinarily dangerous methods of casting from being used, and has put limitations on casting devices. Many citizens are not happy and have formed rebel groups to take down the government. Many government-rebel skirmishes are very deadly due to the laser and plasma weapons that either side uses. However, conventional lead-firing weapons are still viable, but less common.

Emerging into the Unknown
Tags: Action/Sci-Fi/Romance (potential)/Military

This is a role-play that will require tons of character development and will start early in our characters' lives. The characters have lived underground in a planet. This is another colonization attempt made by the same scientists in the X-427 role-play. This is when the navigation system completely fails in the spacecraft and sends a group of colonists into a very hostile planet. However, it's still safe for humans to wander (it has oxygen in its atmosphere and a healthy pH level in its water.

The colonists leave their spacecraft and explore the planet. The native inhabitants of the planet watch the colonists from afar. After days of observation, the natives launch an attack and destroy a small chunk of their population. The colonists are forced to flee back to the spacecraft. Eventually the natives give up on their attack and retreat to their respective homes. The colonists, unable to stay inside the spacecraft, are forced to retreat into a cave with all of the supplies they could salvage from the spacecraft. From there, they drilled and made an underground vault. Many more humans were lost in valiant efforts to defend against the natives whilst the drilling was ocurring.

It took a total of one year to drill a huge opening for everyone to live collectively. Large steel doors blocked the exits. The inhabitants of this new vault had to leave air pockets so that oxygen could be regulated. For the water situation, everything was recycled through a very thorough water purifier. So, in essence, everyone was drinking their own urine. Any water that was used for gardening, washing, and showering was the same water that was using for drinking. While it may seem disgusting, it was literally impossible to tell the difference unless one were to watch the process.

The story starts off after the humans have been underground for roughly 300 years. The colonists of this planet have done the exact opposite to those of Planet-X427. Their technology has decreased extraordinarily. However, in some respects, a lot of technology was lost in the innovation of others. Underground farms have been made by replicating the effects of direct sunlight. However, things like weapons and other unnecessary items have either stayed the same or have completely devolved. Many weapons are either basic handguns, or more primitive weapons such as: spears, swords, longbows, and crossbows. The two main characters start off in their younger years (5 or 6) and live a certain portion of it, and it'll highlight main events. Then, once they enter adolescence, there will be a good skimming of main events much like with the children. Finally, once they reach their late teens and young adult years, they are given a mission. Their mission is to leave the vault and scout the land outside to see how much has changed in the past few centuries and to see if the outside is habitable.

~Guidelines~
These are just a few things I really like in my partners. It's nothing too big, in my opinion. I think that it's necessary to keep in mind that these are not rules, but merely guidelines to keep order among disfunction.

-I'm not big on waiting. I like partners that can reply relatively fast. Otherwise, I just get really bored. I like more than one or two replies or day, but if that's just not possible....I understand. ^-^ I can get anywhere from 1-5 posts a day depending on what kind of day it is. Since school has started just recently, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to reply. Hopefully one or more replies per day.

-PLEASE use proper grammar to the best of your abilities. Mistakes here and there are fine. Nobody is perfect, obviously, but keep mistakes to a minimal. My reasoning is because there's nothing that irks me more than the misuse of there/their/they're or its/it's. So please, if you don't have a decent grasp on the English language, I advise you to not role-play with me. If I have trouble reading a post, I just can't continue onward without getting upset.

-I like my partners to match my post length, and I promise I'll try to do the same. If you just can't match me, tell me, I'll be understanding. Also, if I just know that it's unrealistic to match my partner, I'll tell you.

-I role-play mostly on Iwaku, specifically the PMs, but am open to role-playing over Skype or elsewhere. Just ask me over PM and I'll tell you yes or no ^-^

-Uhhhhm. Be willing to talk to me? I enjoy talking with my partners and getting to know them, and it makes me feel uncomfortable role-playing with someone and I feel awkward when I want to bring up something in the role-play with them. Regardless, I'm very approachable and I don't mind talking with people over outside sources such as Skype, just ask me :D.

~Final Note~
I hope that all the guidelines above are not too daunting I look forward to role-playing with anyone who will tolerate me ;P. role-playing is one of the few outlets that I have for my creativity, so I like to have tons of partners at once so please don't hesitate to contact me! On a final note, I look forward to role-playing with you. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya! So I'd be interested in doing one of the roleplays with you, that is if it's open and your interested in roleplaying with me. If so shoot me a pm. :)

Heya! So I'd be interested in doing one of the roleplays with you, that is if it's open and your interested in roleplaying with me. If so shoot me a pm. :)

I'm about to head to bed for the night, but feel free to send me a PM (it'd be a pain in the ass to make since I'm on my phone at the moment.) Please tell me which idea you like, unless you want to do something original in which case, we can talk about that tomorrow.

Hey! I'm intrested in neighbors A. I can normally match my partners post length and sometimes I get carried away. The only time I suck at updating is when i'm tired or upset, and i'm so chatty it hurts.

Sooo, yeah, roleplaying with you would be cool.

((I updated via phone so expect some mistakes, I do try to correct them but sometimes my head just stops working))

Hey! I'm intrested in neighbors A. I can normally match my partners post length and sometimes I get carried away. The only time I suck at updating is when i'm tired or upset, and i'm so chatty it hurts.

Sooo, yeah, roleplaying with you would be cool.

((I updated via phone so expect some mistakes, I do try to correct them but sometimes my head just stops working))

Alright! Like I told the other person, just PM me and we can talk tomorrow ^^ I need to sleep.

Aaaah I love half a world away I think that would be super duper interesting~!!

Aaaah I love half a world away I think that would be super duper interesting~!!
You're the first person who has taken interest in it, so if you're wanting to do it, feel free to shoot me a PM ^^

I'm still looking for more partners :D

I very much like what I've just read, if you're still in need of finding a partner, or an additional partner I would be more than happy to fill a blank space for you. If you're still interested in a new role play partner, please just PM me and ask any questions you want, I'll reply ASAP. I don't like to keep people waiting, if you accept me as a role play partner...I have to warn you, I'm creative, detailed, descriptive and I promise you I'm different. To put it shortly: Not even your darkest fantasy would be able to put me off. I assure you, you wouldn't be disappointed.
As a side note, I'm a hell of a lot more active on kik. It's easier to access, so if you have that app and are happy with using it, I can give you my username. I'm sorry if I've overwhelmed you with this response, I suppose I'm just hopeful.
[I'm not normally so formal.]
Kay, bai!

Status
Not open for further replies.