Apocalypse Type V (OOC Thread)

Think this is too much to take in? Too little? Maybe just right?

• Too much for mah brain! >~<

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not enough info! GIVE ME MORE! >:-|

• You've done enough Cap'n... -w-

• Obligatory fourth option because we don't like odd numbers. :-\

• Total voters

Necropolis

Weeaboo Author with No Preferences or Opinions
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, magical, action, sci-fi, romance, modern, slice of life.
This RP contains: Vampires, Slavery, Modern Apocalypse, Blood, and Action/Violence

[Journal Entry 43: A Rundown of What's Changed]
Modern Day Germany, Europe
It started out as a simple illness, just a fever that would keep you in bed and away from the light... Or so everyone thought... What was an isolated case quickly spread throughout the country, rapidly killing whoever was infected with it, via bodily fluids like blood, sweat, and tears. Before anyone could figure out what was going on, most of the country had been infected, and it had spilled out into some neighboring countries. Despite the World Health Organization's best attempts to quarantine any new cases while they attempt to find a cure, much like with the most recent global pandemic, it was clear that the world was still not ready for a pandemic of global proportions. And this was only the beginning... Within the first month, new cases began appearing in Germany, what was considered "Ground Zero", but they weren't cases of new diseases or a new strain of the current virus, known as Thanátouliós. They were cases of murders in the night, victims sucked dry after being ambushed on the streets or in their homes. Strangely enough, all of the people that were killed in this way were healthy, in that they didn't have Thanátouliós, while those who did have it were still either dying in their homes or struggling to stay alive before disappearing in the night...

Italy, 5 years after the first Thanátouliós case
By now, the world had figured out the true horror of Thanátouliós, a plague that made their fears come to life, even with modern medicine and weaponry to combat it. Those who died from it stayed dead, like the world had hoped, but the plague had changed those who survived fundamentally. They became faster, stronger, more cunning, and far more bloodthirsty. They still seemed to be human after their miraculous "recovery", able to hold conversation and speak coherently, though this was all just a ruse. These people had much better night vision than normal humans and a heavy aversion to sunlight, the light seeming to burn their skin like paper, though it took some time before the damage to their bodies became fatal. Because of this, a very apt name was chosen for them, one that would linger with them even after their inevitable takeover, as Thanátouliós had already spread to most every country worldwide... They were known, as Vampires...

USA, 10 years after the first Thanátouliós case
The Vampires have taken over, using the plague to wipe out most all opposition before moving in to finish off whatever was left. Guns don't seem to work on them at all, whatever wounds they sustain being healed as they feed on those that they kill. By now, we humans had begun to be taken as slaves to these vampires, some of them treating us kindly and maybe only keeping one or two of us, while others being cruel and keeping many of us to feed and work to death as they see fit. Most forms of resistance that do form from the survivors who aren't taken as slaves are quickly quelled, the vampires also forming a band of their strongest and most skilled vampires as a sort of Grand Counsel with which to control the other lesser vampires. Though they live spread out and secluded, the vampires always seem to know whenever something happens with another, so there is not much hope of escape for those who have managed to escape before they're marked as Blutsklaven, or Blood Slaves. Sadly, I don't know much else about our situation, as I am quite isolated with the vampire I am Blutsklaven to now...

On the bright side of all this though, I hear that the planet is recovering quite nicely, even more so than with the Corona Virus! I hear that there is some kind of resistance in Japan, something about how the Samurai are still standing strong or something. Typical Japanese, always the best out of everyone, whether it's math or games or even fighting apparently.
[End of Journal Entry]
(If you want anymore backstory or info on anything, just message me, I've been thinking about this for quite a while now.)

So, if you read the Backstory already then great! You know the premise of this RP! No magic sadly, and no special vampires that are resistant to sunlight or whatever, just plain old modern day vampires. OR, you could play as a human, if you aren't into the whole feeding on blood to survive thing! You can have up to two characters, but if you want more then you have to take it up with me first. You can work together with other vampires to own more humans together, or you could just go it alone! If you want to be part of the Grand Counsel mentioned in the backstory, you'll also need to bring that up with me first. Here are a few things you should know before you make any Vampire characters!

• There are three "types" of Vampires to choose from: Speed Based, Strength Based, and Smarts Based
    • Speed Based Vampires almost seem to age backwards, looking quite young and small, so many people (weebs) refer to them as "Loli" Vampires. They use their size to their advantage, moving faster than any of the other vampires at the cost of most of their Vampiric Strength™, as well as some of their foresight and wisdom.
    • Strength Based Vampires are bigger and much stronger than the other two types of vampires, as well as being the most common type. They almost don't look human thanks to the amount of muscles their bodies contain now, though some have learned how to disguise themselves so they still look somewhat normal. As with the Speed Based Vampires, these "Meatheads" are somewhat slow unless they get going in a charge, and more often than not they aren't very bright.
    • Smarts Based Vampires are master tacticians, knowing how to best set traps and ambushes for unwary humans and sometimes even other vampires. They are the most "balanced" of the three types of vampires, giving up equal parts speed and strength in order to have far superior intellect. Their intelligence also gives them great foresight, which also aids in the setting of traps and ambushes.
  • Blutsklaven! Based on how many "Blood Slaves" you have, you can do certain things throughout the day. Based on your character's actions and how they treat their Blood Slaves, you get KARMA. KARMA is a number that starts at zero for every character, and depending on your Karma, you get to have different interactions! KARMA for each character will be updated every week once the RP begins here in OOC.
    • If your KARMA goes up, then your Blutsklaven will be more willing to do things for you, and may even come to love you! Be careful not to let it get TOO high though, or else other vampires will think you're a pushover and can attack you whenever they like! If it gets higher than that even, your own Blutsklaven may start to think you're a pushover as well!
    • If your KARMA goes down, then your Blutsklaven will fear you and follow you for fear of reprimand. Again, if it gets TOO low, then your Blutsklaven will revolt against you, going on strike or maybe even trying to poison you or kill you in your sleep! You DEFINITELY don't want it to get too low, or the Grand Counsel will end up paying you a visit!
    • Try to keep your KARMA as neutral as possible, a little bit liked or a little bit feared is fine, but staying in the grey is the golden choice!
  • You can raid or fight other vampires, or team up with other vampires! I'd say that this is also the case for humans, but they'd get wiped out without much trouble pretty quickly... Both people have to agree to a fight, and a strict list of requirements have to be followed for raids, but otherwise it's fair game! Have fun, and try not to screw each over other too much.
    • Fights between Vampires work like Rock Paper Scissors; Speed is good against Strength (being faster than your opponent means you tire them out, while you stay out of harms way), Strength is good against Smarts (brute force can basically ruin any well thought out plans), and Smarts are good against Speed (being fast can only get you so far before you get tied upside down in a tree)! There are exceptions to this, which all depends on luck, but these rules are pretty much how the world works.
    • The terms for the winner and the loser have to be set beforehand, and they have to be followed after the battle. No trying to get out of it just because you're salty about losing! This includes punishments that may be NSFW in nature, though such demands are best kept to your Conversations Inbox or avoided altogether.
    • Based on your history and how often you fight, your KARMA will go up or down. Refusing to fight raises your KARMA, unless it's the same person challenging you over and over again, in which case their KARMA will go down. The inverse also applies, getting in lots of fights lowers your KARMA, whether you win OR lose. Challenging someone to fight will lower your KARMA, UNLESS their KARMA is significantly low, in which case your KARMA will remain the same or even raise if they're especially low.
  • A Vampire's gotta feed, and your need to feed is shown by your HUNGER. Your HUNGER lowers over time and can only be filled by drinking the blood of humans that you kill or from feeding on the blood of your Blutsklaven. Drinking from a Blood Slave will keep you fed for longer, and it is entirely possible to survive with only a few Blutsklaven in your possession. Be careful though, one of the conditions that can be set during a fight is to take another vampire's Blood Slaves for themselves!
    • Your HUNGER is capped at 100 points, and every day it is lowered by about 20 points, more depending on how active you are or less if you take your time resting. For every point of HUNGER you gain from feeding on a human, the human you're feeding on loses a point of their HEALTH.
    • Feeding from your Blutsklaven is super effective! For every point of HEALTH your Blood Slaves lose from your little feeding session, you gain FOUR TIMES the amount of HUNGER! Make sure to get yourself a Blutsklaven and hold them tight!
    • Be careful not to drink too much from the same person, even if they are your Blutsklaven, as you can easily bleed them dry and kill them. Give them some time to recover, especially if you accidentally bite them somewhere vital... Unless you want to be cruel and kill them, which will also lower your KARMA.
    • If you want to return the favor, then your Blutsklaven will probably thank you for it later on! Food can restore the HEALTH of your humans even if it's a bit hard to come by nowadays, unless you want to kill a poor innocent wild animal, you monster. Depending on the food you give them, they can get more or less health back, and if it's a Blutsklaven, then it's even easier to keep them fed.
    • Getting hurt also lowers your HUNGER based on the severity, and even a vampire can bleed out without a quick blood sucking session! Remember, any human will do, and the best thing to do if one's shooting at you is to knock their gun away and then FEED to teach them a lesson!
"But wait Necropolis, all of this only applies to the vampires! What if I want to play as a human?"
Well I was just getting around to that! Though the humans technically don't have as much freedom as their vampiric counterparts, they do have more freedom in terms of what they can do throughout the day!
  • Instead of KARMA, humans get RESISTANCE! RESISTANCE starts at 100% and lowers over time based on the actions you make and how you RP! However, your RESISTANCE is capped at 200%, and if it drops to 0% then a vampire can claim you as their Blood Slave, whether it's the one that got you to 0% or not.
    • Escaping capture or captivity will raise your RESISTANCE, and defying a Vampire's wishes will also raise your RESISTANCE, though be prepared for some punishment if you refuse.
    • Following orders without question or willfully complying to a Vampire will lower your RESISTANCE, making it harder to refuse them in the future even if they are cruel to you. Being fed on will also lower your RESISTANCE, more so if you enjoy it (you masochist you~)
    • Based on your RESISTANCE, you will get a dice for me to roll, which will change with every 10% gained or lost. For example, your default dice is a D10 dice, while someone at 200% would have a D20 and someone at 50% would have a D5. The higher your dice, the more likely you are to succeed in whatever you do, since getting more than half spells success while getting lower than half marks a loss. Keep your resistance high, the Vampires will do everything they can to break you down and make you their Blutsklaven!
  • For those of you who have already become or start out as Blutsklaven, RESISTANCE becomes FAVOR. FAVOR starts at 0, much like KARMA for the Vampires, but the purpose of FAVOR is to get as much as you possibly can.
    • FAVOR is earned by following your vampire's directions better than expected and helping even when you are not asked to. The higher your FAVOR, the more your vampire will be able to make use of you and therefore allow you to RP more with them. Higher FAVOR also means that you are less likely to be fed off of, and eventually you may be able to break free from them if you so desire. Try to keep that FAVOR high!
    • FAVOR is lost by refusing your vampire's orders and generally being stubborn despite being their Blutsklaven. The lower your FAVOR, the less you'll be able to interact with them and the more likely you'll be chosen for feeding, even if that means you die in the process. If your FAVOR gets too low, it will begin to affect your health, slowly starving you of your vampire's touch and lowering your overall HEALTH.
  • All humans have a HEALTH bar, Blood Slave or not! It's a pretty basic HEALTH bar like most vidya games, with 100 points to go around. Be careful not to get hurt too badly though, you'll need to keep all of your blood in your body, especially if a Vampire finds you!
    • Vampires will attempt to feed from you whether you're a Blood Slave or not, so it's best to avoid giving them the chance. They'll drain your HEALTH to fill their HUNGER, one quick point at a time!
    • You can also lose health if you get injured from things like falling, getting cuts or scrapes, and especially breaking bones or getting sick! Humans are fragile creatures after all, and you always have to be wary to avoid hurting yourself.
    • Food is good for a rough and tumble survivor or a Vampire's blood slave both! Food is rather hard to come by, but since Vampires are basically the dominant species on Earth now, doing things for them and working for them is the perfect chance to get some food to heal up with! Just remember to not let your RESISTANCE get too low if you're trying to make it on your own...
    • Medicine is technically a type of food, but just like in real life, if you use too much of it or if it's no longer good then it'll harm you rather than hurt you.
  • So you want to row row fight the powah with your fellow humans? Not the best choice to make, but I'm with you 100%! Band together with your fellow un-blooded humes and work together to survive in the wild and resist the advances of your vampiric overlords. Just be careful to not get too big for your britches, or the Vampire's Grand Counsel will come and put you all in your place!
  • Fighting among your fellow humans is wrong, especially when you're somewhat of a dying breed, but if you're trying to show another human who's boss and who gets their food first then a man's gotta do what he's gotta do!
    • Fighting is pretty standard, you have the option to Fight, Defend, or Surrender. The first person to drop to 0 HP (Different from health, 100 HP=25 HEALTH) loses. If your HEALTH is below 25, your HP remains proportionate, so if you have 18 HEALTH then you'll only have 72 HP in a fight.
    • You can fight as many times as you want, but be careful not to fight too much or you might die, since again, your HP is proportionate.
    • PLEASE, don't fight over petty things or just kill each other because you can, the fighting mechanism isn't meant to be abused by trolls just trying to kill everyone. If people start to complain about you fighting too often, you will be given a penalty or a cripple depending on how severe it is, or even have your fighting privileges temporarily revoked. If the behavior continues, then I'll have no choice but to remove your human character from the picture, and maybe even you if it's getting to be too much.

So there you have it! I've got a lot of dice, pie charts with spinners attached, and quik maffs raring to go! I'll have a character sheet ready to go, hopefully by tomorrow in the next post, for both humans and vampires. I hope you enjoyed reading through all of the perks/rules for each race, and I hope to see a lot of people wanting to join me in this new adventure I'm wanting to try for the first time!

Super DUPER interested in this if you're still accepting ^^

Yep, I'm always accepting! ^w^
Sadly, I stink at making character sheets, so it's taking me longer than I would like. T~T

Okay, so I've had a few days' rest (and delays) and am ready to make a character sheet for each of the races (I hope)!
I've decided that the different Stats of each character will be different, with Vampires having a rating of 1 for their best stat, 2 for their second, and 3 for their third. Humans stats are usually D and F, though there are obviously some exceptions.

Name:
Age (before transformation + 10) :
Gender (can be split into sex and gender if you want) :
STRENGTH: Min C, Max A
SPEED: Min D, Max A
SMARTS: Min F, Max A
Personality:
Items of Significance: This is for things like heirlooms or things to help vampires remember their humanity or their past. You don't have to have anything.
Appearance (Pic, Decription, or both. Real or anime pics allowed) :

Name:
Gender (can be split into sex and gender if you want) :
STRENGTH: Min F, Max C
SPEED: Min F, Max C
SMARTS: Min F, Max A
Personality:
Items of Significance: This is for things that you hold near and dear, you don't need any if you don't want.
Blutsklaven? (Yes or No) :
Appearance (Pic, Decription, or both. Real or anime pics allowed) :

Here's my characters as examples, just examples that I won't be using for the RP.

VAMPIRE
Name: Terra Long
Sex: Hermaphrodite
STRENGTH: C Ranking (2nd)
SPEED: D Ranking (3rd)
SMARTS: A Ranking (1st)
Personality: Witty and calm, she uses her cunning and silver tongue to convince others to do her bidding, as well as her good looks. Still, she is quite kind to those who serve her, even if she doesn't allow any room for misbehavior.
Items of Significance: A gold necklace locket, which she wears around her neck, that has a picture of her old family inside. It also has a silver ring on the inside, though she can't touch it due to her kind's natural aversion to silver.
Appearance:
1588376801321.png

HUMAN
Name: Jeremy Hawkins
STRENGTH: F Ranking
SPEED: D Ranking
SMARTS: B Ranking
Personality: Smart and a bit snobby, Jeremy was always in the top of his class and knew how to apply what he knew to the real world. He wasn't quite a "genius", but there was no doubt that he's a smart person and could definitely see things through.
Items of Significance: His phone, he can't live without it, luckily the vampires still keep the power grid running, probably because they couldn't imagine life without modern luxuries either.
Blutsklaven?: Yes (It's his journal in the Backstory)
Appearance:
Looks just like in the pic, but with green eyes and a large burn mark on his neck where he got burnt from fear of being bitten by a vampire
1588377572725.png

As you can see, SSS rankings don't matter for humans since they're just that, human. For vampires though, you have to have one higher than the others, that way I can tell what TYPE of vampire they are. For example, Terra is a Smarts Type Vampire, with low Speed and slightly higher Strength.
With Jeremy already starting out as a Blutsklaven, he would have a FAVOR number, which would be updated every week, as well as a HEALTH number that would be updated after every post, whether it changes or not. This is the same for Terra, depending on what they do during their post, their HUNGER goes down a bit as well.
Try to fill out every category to the best of your ability. You can even include a character background if you want to, or you could just use the one I have here and ignore your character background.

Again, I hope to get a lot of attention for this, and I hope that those of you who do want to join have fun! I'll do my absolute best to not disappoint!

Last edited:

5c9e4146e4668.jpg

Name: Ati'ifa "Tifa" Caedis
Age (before transformation + 10) : 24 (34)
Gender (can be split into sex and gender if you want) : Female
STRENGTH: C
SPEED: B
SMARTS: A
Personality: Tifa gets by on her smarts and her looks, constantly planning how to further her own influence and strengthening her forces. Unlike most, she treats her slaves quite well, although this has almost gotten her in trouble several times already. To counter this, she keeps a cold demeanor whenever there are guests or when she heads out for errands. When not under the burden of keeping up her "bad bitch" act, Tifa is very pleasant to be around and have fun with. There are very few things that can truly get under her skin, but if someone manages to really piss her off she is quick to completely destroy them, preferably mentally and socially.
Items of Significance: A necklace given to her by her mentor when she was just recently changed.
Extra: The rapid decline of human population has been something Tifa has been worried about, with them being their primary source of food and all, prompting her to create a slave market where she can direct who gets to buy one of her slaves and ensure they are treated properly. Upon purchase, any buyer has to sign a contract agreeing to treat their slave carefully. Of course, vampires have other means to obtain slaves, but any slave from her market will be treated fairly to a certain degree to ensure their survival. As a result, many humans willingly come to her market and become slaves under her rule.​

Nice! Really sorry for the long wait, my life has pretty much been in shambles as of late. She's accepted! ^^