APO: TOP SECRET (OOC/Sing up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I have to drop out. Schedule has been busy, so sorry :c
Ok N/A. Thanks for letting me know.

Good posts everyone. I had a busy weekend, got family over for the holidays, and my computer(s) are hijacked by 'em. I will have a post up tomorrow.

Well I'm waiting for people to go to Op Tech, so I don't think it's me?

I thought there were two other agents waiting to say they had no more questions.

Actually Poly I think you're in the briefing room.

Yeah I know, I meant I was waiting for people to head to the Op tech room, so my character could distribute the equipment.

Ah. Well now we wait on the other two agents, or Shine's approval to move on.

Agreed. I'll hold up a moment until we're onto the next round.

Oh DGraves, I havent had time to tell you but now seems like a good time. I love WheatPenny, a fantastic character.

Ah, thank you very much. I admit, it's very out of my comfort zone. I feel I'm having trouble getting used to him, but I do believe the character will be like a glove after awhile.
Edit.

It's rather hard to really put myself into the mindset of somebody who is not only twice my age, but has spent the last near thirty years of his life overseas, is a celibate and has experience in a way that I can only begin to dive into what my imagination could muster.

Well from what I've read you are playing the character fantastically.

It says on page 1 that you are still accepting players.

Is this true? What do you need to fill out the story?

Sorry about my absence. Finals were rougher than I thought they would be lol

I finished reading through the IC. Now I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly interested.

If there's no more room for agents, I'd be happy to run a SRT for you when needed.

I'm sorry I've been absent, usually I check in daily but I've not been home lately, visiting Orlando with family and they want to do (go) everywhere. When I get home, I'm too tired to do anything and I haven't had any quiet time to sit and write or even read - I'm having withdrawals! :cryingeyesout:

So, let's get back on track, shall we? (Speaking generally)

@Krono - has not posted, she is having a busy week with finals and whatnot - so let's just assume her character is moving along with the rest of us (just following orders). This way she can jump in whenever she is ready.

Op-tech, go ahead and move us forward, get everyone decked-out and Wheatpenny follow that by positioning your team at the exchange location (feel free to do any filers and interact amongst yourself).

@WarriorHeart - Yes, still accepting Field Agents, since they can be activated at anytime during the roleplay. So, go ahead and create a character sheet for approval. And I'll see about getting you involved in the next mission.

A heads up - like I said my free time will be quite short for the next couple of days, as I assume you all will be with the holidays too. But I will always check and post, though not able to answer your questions daily like I usually do.

I shall post tomorrow sometime, possibly mid-afternoon. For after this eleven hour shift, my brain functions only on RedBull, obscene amounts of caffeine and possibly madness.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
I'll be posting tomorrow.

0ba72e284ddef0f029af19a6964c740d.jpg

Personal Information
Name: Sam Costas
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Call sign: Bloodhound
Position: Field Operative
Born: August 15, 1989
Height: 5'11
Weight: 205
Hair:Brown
Eyes: Brown
Characteristics: Cynical and sarcastic, but charming on first impression. Often critical of the government's intentions, but believes highly in what he's doing.
Training/Special Skills: Highly skilled investigator and researcher. Master of deep web databases, highly skilled in obtaining classified or otherwise secured documents. Skilled interviewer and interrogator. Received combat and SAD training at The Farm at Langley. Has and maintains a commercial pilot's license.
Languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic
Education: BA, Journalism ; BA, Network Security

Family Information
Civil status: Divorced
Parents/Siblings: Father: Arnold Costas (Alive. Incarcerated) Mother: Diane Lionelli Alive. Brother: Charlie Costas. Alive.

Background
Early life:

CLANDESTINE F/O PERSONELL FILE. TRANSCRIPT OF AUDIO REPORT BY PSY/O [BCOLOR=#ffffff]REDACTED[/BCOLOR]

Costas was raised in Imperial Beach, California, a small city directly south of San Diego, California on the Mexican border. His life was relatively unremarkable until his father's firing in 2000 due to his father's struggle with alcoholism. During this time, his father fell in with the Gulf Cartel's operations in Tijuana, Mexico. After some smaller jobs forging documents and running drugs, Arnold Costas became a Coyote, smuggling individuals over the border and running weapons. In 2004, Costas was apprehended by Border Patrol agents at the Tecate Port of Entry. He was found guilty on multiple charges and is currently serving a 25 year prison sentence in San Quentin.

Following his father's incarceration, Sam's older brother Charlie left home and began working in various cities and outposts in Alaska. Sam's mother divorced Arnold following the incarceration and retained full custody of Sam. At age 17, Sam entered San Diego State University on a full ride scholarship for academic achievement, a feat considering his home life. In school, Sam studied journalism and worked for the school's daily paper. He published a number of scathing articles in his early years, one of which resulted in the resignation of a tenured professor. In his later years at the university, he spent much of his free time in Tijuana, developing contacts and honing his Latin American Spanish. Eventually his reporting would reveal a direct tie between the Gulf Cartel and an unofficial fraternity at SDSU which dealt drugs, falsified records, and weapons to students of the college. The frat was disbanded and a dozen students were arrested following a federal investigation. Following this report, he received death threats from the cartel, and at the urging of the school spent his final year studying abroad in Moscow.

Upon his return and graduation, (Age 23) Sam was hired by VICE media for their newly forming News division. He was tasked with reporting on the Mexican drug cartels and border news, a hot topic during the cartel wars of the late 2000's. He spent two years reporting across Baja California and northern Mexico, during which time he developed various sources, many of which CIA records suggest are highly nefarious individuals, including arms dealers, drug runners, and hackers on INTERPOL's most wanted list. During this time, Sam married one of his sources, an information dealer named Mercedes Lasko he met and began dating during his college years. (SEE FILE: LASKO, MEREDITH) The marriage lasted only a year.

Despite his work in Mexico being highly praised by political analysts and being one of VICE's more popular correspondents, Sam quit his job and moved to Alaska, tracking down his brother. He began working with his brother, who was maintaining rural aircraft for oil and survey companies. There are few records of what happened during this time, but it is known that at some point Costas was granted a private pilot's license. It was during his time in Alaska that Agent [BCOLOR=#ffffff]REDACTED[/BCOLOR] identified him as a potential recruit. Following review, Agent [BCOLOR=#ffffff]REDACTED[/BCOLOR] was given permission to recruit. Reports show initial disinterest by Costas, but accepting after Agent [BCOLOR=#ffffff]REDACTED[/BCOLOR] second offer.

Language Acquisition:

Costas learned English and Spanish during primary education in San Diego, California.

Learned Russian during a study abroad year.

Studied Arabic on his own, focused on language during F/O training. Studied French on his own.

Career:

NOTE: The following is a transcript from Costas's personal journal. The pages were confiscated following his hiring by the Agency.

June 23, 2012
Kotzebue, Alaska

Things are getting weird in the land of the midnight sun.

It's been about a month since Charlie left for Barrow. I can't handle this whole midnight sun thing as it is, not sure how he's going to handle it up there. But he's been here a lot longer than me. Money sounds good though, so maybe next year I'll head up there.

I didn't realize how hard it would be to make friends up here. Moscow was easy. Mexico was easy. Here though...the women are on guard, and there's barely anyone here my age for more than a few days. Most of the guys have known each other for a decade or more and aren't too interested in picking up a new drinking buddy. I've even tried to dumb down my speech to try to pass as a more homegrown blue-collar kinda guy, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Most nights anymore I come home, eat, and put on talk radio just so I can hear other voices.

Wow now that I wrote that it seems super desperate.

Anyway, I think the isolation is starting to get to me. I'm getting paranoid. All of the bells and whistles in my journo-brain are going off, telling me something isn't right with Hank. I've been working for him for a few months now, mostly shuttling equipment to the old radio towers around the bays. And he's paying really well to keep me. Which is the weird part. There are a bunch of guys in Kotzebue with way more experience than me and way larger planes. So why does he keep running me?

Even weirder, last week he had me run a bunch of electronics way the hell out to some abandoned radio campus/ranger station right on the border of Lopp Lagoon and the Bearing Land Bridge National Preserve. It was one of the dirtiest flights I've ever had — crazy turbulence, barely made it with any fuel, and the airstrip would have made the grizzly bush pilots queasy. I almost died. Why he sent me there is beyond me.

I think the place was an abandoned listening post from the Cold War days. There isn't anything else out there. Maybe it was a ranger station, but that doesn't explain why the buildings are in disrepair but the towers all look new, or at least well kept. I think I'm gonna reach out to some of my old info dealers and see what I can dig up on Hank.

----

June 27, 2012
Kotzebue, Alaska

Well shit.

Turns out "Hank" isn't just a fat guy with an affinity for trucker hats and paying me to fly electronics under the table.

Son of a bitch. He came up to me a couple of nights ago and told me he was a goddam CIA agent. He told me he wants me to come "try-out" for the agency. That explains why he was so interested in my reporting days. The angry liberal journalist in me is screaming no...but the skeezy purveyor of underworld intel in me is screaming yes.

It doesn't matter. I'm turning it down. I came up here to get over Mercedes and make some money to help mom retire. New York after to get back into the game. Maybe the Times? Hopefully the Times.

Shit. CIA.

---

June 29, 2014
Kotzebue, Alaska

Welp, "Hank" had Aldo arrested for looking into his background through illegal intel channels.

Now Hanks saying I have two options. Either I go back to Langley with him to "try-out", or Aldo and I are going to prison for attempting to hack a confidential government database.

Guess I'm going to Langley. Gotta love the goddamn government.

Sorry for the kinda long post. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.