Aperture Reincarnate

I layed down, putting my arms behind my head. "True. Well, whatever...can't you just ask the 'bot something? Like, what the movie is or whatever? If it doesn't answer, it's triple X."

Walking along, with cube held close, the blind turret managed to find her way to the lobby. It was as if the walls changed to direct her, as she would run into them and be sent in another direction. When she entered she swore she could hear voices. She walked over to the voices cautiously asking if any one was there. She was holding her cube close to her chest for safety, but it ended up bringing disaster. She walked right into another wall, and the cube slammed into her chest, knocking the wind out of her and causing much pain as she fell to the ground. "Oww" she cried as she rolled over in pain. Realizing that the cube had left her gasp she began to scramble on the ground searching for it desperately "Searching! Searching!" That was when her hand found a foot instead of a cube. She followed it to a leg, then up the leg to a waist, and so on till she was pinching the face of someone.

"Hi!"

"Ow!" I jumped up and rubbed my face. "That hurt...huh?" I looked the girl up and down. A small smile grew on my face. "Hi. Where'd you come from?"

{Jason}

"I imagine the same place we did",I said thoughtfully,putting the touch screen down and standing up to get a good look at the girl. I caught sight of a cube like the one in the corner and tensed up in fear,but it wasn't open so I relaxed and walked over to it. I picked it up and turned to the girl,asking,"Is this what you were looking for?".

The sightless girl turned her head the way the male voice was coming from. He was claiming to have found something she was looking for, and she assumed the cube, but of course, couldn't tell. So, to confirm his question, she walked over there and tried to feel for the cube, and sure enough that was it. She squealed out in glee and snatched the cube from him and began to snuggle it once again, tracing the little heart on the side with her finger. She then realized that there was something she was supposed to say, but nothing in her turret programming. It was hard to form the words, and she hardly knew what they meant but she managed to say, "Thank you!"

{Jason}

I smiled and said,"No problem.",then looked up at the ceiling and said,"I'm hungry. Do you have any food we could have?".

{GLaDOS}

I cursed to myself. I had completely forgotten humans needed to eat. I sent Blue and Orange up to the surface for some wheat after I had made sure there were no humans or Combine about,then said to the three in the lobby,"Just a moment.". I started sorting through the rotten food in the scientists' food vault,sampling the genetic structure of everything and regressing it back to it's fresh state. I then started genetically manipulating the seeds I had been saving,altering them to grow the food at an excessive rate. "Maybe a bit more than a moment.",I confessed to the three.

I just glared at the ceiling for a few moments before getting to my feet. I went over to the girl and glanced down at the cube. "That looks familiar." I said it more to myself then her but then snapped out of it. "Oh, and, what's your name? No use standing around without being able to call to someone." I kept a sweet smile on my face, not barely even paying attention to Jason anymore.

{Jason}

I raised an eyebrow. "Call to somone? This lobby is so small we could hear each other whisper from across the room.",I assessed,glancing around.

I shot him a look, but muttered. "I meant call each other by name, instead of saying 'hey, girl!'." With my statement across I looked back at her. "Anyway, I'm Joseph, but you can call me Switch, Kay?"

{Jason}

"Whatever happened to Switch?",I muttered to myself,leaning against the wall and looking up at the ceiling. I felt neglected...or maybe it was just hunger.

The turret girl couldn't recollect the information the girl voice was asking for, and began to melt down. She didn't remember having a "name." She did have a model number which was 1067892, but that wasn't what the girl had asked for. She starred at the wall, trying to conjure up a name, but nothing came. She squeezed the turret tight as she struggle. "Error... Error..." was all she could say. Her memory processors were burning up, so she had to initiate safety protocols and began to shut down. "Shutting down!" she told them as she hugged her cube tight and sat on the floor. She would boot back up in just a moment, she needed a moment to think.

{Jason}

I flicked my gaze to the girl in alarm. 'Shutting down' meant bad things for people. "Hey,uh,are you okay?",I asked her in concern,walking over and crouching next to her.

"Did I say something..?" I knelt down, but stayed a little away. "Is something wrong?" I asked slightly nervous. All I did was ask for her name....

(PS, Switch's a boy..XD)

(Oops... Well now I feel stupid. You can't blame her though, she is blind after all.)

After rocking back and forth for awhile, the girl finally was in better touch with the more human part of her brain; realizing that a name was a model number, just for humans. She didn't have a human model number, but she could make up one. She slowly got out of fetal position and stood up. She look straight forward and announced her name, "Reinfall." She held her cube close to her chest and she said it, and a smile crawled across her face afterwards. It felt good to have a name.

Reinfall... It wasn't exactly as creative as it might seen. GLaDOS was always calling her a 'letdown' but that hardly seemed like a proper name. So Reinfall simply used her translator to switch it to German.

But no matter had plain it was, to her it was magic; her unique model number, just for her.

"Reinfall."

(It's 'Kay. :3 it was funny, I think.)
"oh, okay." I stood up again and smiled. "Reinfall. Pretty name. It's real nice to meet you." I looked back at the cube. I knew they probably looked all the same, but that one was all too familiar. It was taking my mind away from the girl, which I really didn't like, but it was interesting..scary, in a way.

{Jason}

The girl wasn't saying anything about shutting down or errors anymore, and she seemed fine, so I relaxed and said,"Reinfall...pretty name. I'm Jason, nice to meet you.",smiling.

{GLaDOS}

For the third time the automatic fire extinguishers flew into action, putting out my latest culinary disaster. I groaned and slumped down to the floor, then dejectedly turned my optic to see Atlas and...I mean, Blue and Orange laughing at me. Usually I'd disassemble them but... I couldn't argue with their laughter. "You think you two could do better? Be my guest.", I said to them in an annoyed voice. Five minutes later they pulled from the oven six perfectly-baked loaves of bread and set them on the counter to cool, sprinkling them with herbs before looking up at me expectantly. I merely stared at them in amazement, awe, and more than a little jealousy. "I'm giving you a promotion. 'Culinary Testers'. You will test all these new recipes, and if they're good enough they'll be forwarded to the human tasters. G...Goo...Good job, Blue and Orange.",I said finally, struggling with the praise. They slowly looked at each other before high-fiving and doing a little dance. I sighed and decided to allow it, lowering the counter with the bread into the lobby. "Breakfast time!",I trilled, letting Caroline's voice replace my own for a split second. I quickly clamped my metaphorical mouth shut, punching myself with a claw. Again.

{Jason}

"Bread?",I questioned in confusion, meandering over to claim a loaf. I pulled a piece off, stuck it into my mouth, and almost fainted. "This bread...",I began slowly,"...is the best bread I have ever had the pleasure of consuming.". I dug in to the rest of it hungrily yet slowly, devouring yet savoring.

I looked over as food came out. I hadn't really noticed how hungry I was before my stomach started to growl as the fresh smell came over. This time, it taking away my attention from the girl, didn't matter as much. I ran over but calmed my steps a half way there, not wanting to seem like a pig. Grabbing up a loaf, I took a bite...there goes my plan to look calm. I ate it in about 2 minutes, some herbs that spilled the only thing left in my hands.

Reinfall head the exclamation at food and then the sounds of eating, and smelt the aroma that filled the air. He stomach suddenly made an odd noise that caused her to jump, and she clamped her stomach; she wanted some of this food. She followed her noes to try and find where it was, but she couldn't, she found only walls. This began to infuriate and frustrate her, and her hands clamped hard on her cube, her knuckles turning white. "Searching, searching," she wailed as she hunted for the meal, her stomach chanting as well. Tears began to steam down her face and she then gave up and plopped down on the floor, huddled over with her cube.

I looked over. Picking up a loaf of bread, I went over and held it out to her. To be honest..I hadn't known she was blind. I'm, not very quick at these things. Wondering if she could smell it from where I was holding it, I knelt down so she could sense it better.

Reinfall suddenly felt the presence of another near her and the pleasing aroma of bread became stronger. She held her hands out pleadingly and was overjoyed when the loaf was in her possession. Without a second thought she began to gorge on the morsel, eating so fast she could hardly taste it. A smile spread across her face as she chewed, as did a giggle; just from pure joy. She felt the need to thank the one who had brought it to her, and after she swallowed the crumbs she gave him a toothy smile and heart-fully thanked him before stuffing her face full again.