Aperture Reincarnate

I looked at the guy, trying not to drop my jaw. is this guy out of his mind? "A fort, eh?" I went over and knelt down, looking at the remains of the lounge. "Guess you have-uh-need to keep busy, eh?"

{Jason}

"Yep! It gets really boring and lonely here,and I had to keep myself busy. Reading got boring,and since she so kindly supplied me with the necessary tools to gut,",and at this I jerked the leg to the right,separating the two pieces of the frame,",the furniture,I figured it would be a shame to let both them and the chairs go to waste.". I smiled at him before pulling out the newly-separated piece and hitting the nails out.

I tried to smile like I understand. The only thing I understood, is this guy is a whack job. hey, maybe I can get some information out of him. "So, uh, you know about this place or..." I leaned in a bit and whispered "or the computer." I leaned back waiting for his reply. I hope to GOD that machine didn't hear me!

{Jason}

I tilted my head in confusion,then realization hit me. "Ooooh,so she's...yeah,I know of her. She tried to kill me with that pale thing over there,so I got back at her by destroying her lobby.",I said cheerily,then,"As for this place,I'm afraid I don't know anything. Sorry.". I went back to wiggling the next piece of frame away from another piece of frame.

"Oh." well, that explains a lot. Maybe he's not a total psycho? "Yeah, she almost burnt my face off!" I touched my face like I expected it to fry off at anytime. "I think she has a few glitches.." I whispered again. No matter what I say, I knew I was still scared as hell of that bot. Annnnd I hated myself for it. "Do you even remember how you got here?" I asked. It wasn't that I was trying to be nosy, or that I was even curious, just bored, really..

{Jason}

"Oh,there's definitely something wrong with her.",I whispered back conspiratorially,then said normally,"As for your second question...no. The earliest I remember is waking up in this cheap-looking motel room.". I hit the last nail out of the last piece of wood and picked the swivel knife up. "Payback indeed.",I said with smile,starting to cut the leather.

"Almost human." I replied quietly. "Oh, and the same thing here. This place is creepy as hell, to be honest." After a few moments I said " oh, I didn't ask you your name?" I started to play with the the leather as well.

{Jason}

"Jason. You?",I asked absently,pausing as I studied the leather. I nodded and made the last cut,and it slowly uncurled. I picked it up and up it under the piece of counter while saying,"That should be enough. Let's start building!". I took two pieced of chair frame and started nailing them together with the chair leg to make a right angle.

I followed with nothing much else to do. I mostly just held up the frames for him to nail it in, but seemed to appreciate the extra hand, even if I was barely doing anything. "I'm Joseph, Joseph Soul. But everyone calls me Switch." I picked up another piece if frame which looked slightly rotten.

{Jason}

"Alright Switch,tell me,",I started,deftly moving my fingers out of the way to avoid hitting them with the chair leg,",what do you think this facility's for? Take a guess.". I examined the piece of frame in his hands appraisingly,then motioned for him to set it aside. We'd use it if we ran out of materials. I picked up another frame piece,one in better condition,and set it perpendicular to the first,creating one corner of a cube

I dropped the piece loudly but ignored the sound it made with a shrug. I turned and held up the piece with steady hands, while trying to think. "A guess? No idea...some kind of freak show?" I smiled a bit but then went back to thinking, seriously this time. "Well, 'bot said something about 'tests' a lot...I would guess something to do with that." I used my new nickname for the computer in contempt, slightly hoping it heard me.

{GLaDOS}

My claw twitched,and I itched to pitch a switchblade at him but resisted. He is a Test Subject,I can't kill him yet. He is a Test Subject,I can't kill him yet...,I thought to myself over and over.

{Jason}

"Tests,okay. That thing over there seems pretty advanced,",I said,nodding to the shooty killy thing,",so maybe a science company?" I hammered the piece into place-

"Yeah, probably." I agreed simply, and watched the hammer strike the wood. "But, why would they use tests that could kill us? Isn't that a little strange?" I looked up at Jason hoping he had an answer, because I had nothing.

{Jason}

"It's only strange because of your personal views.",I responded,taking two other pieces of frame and laying them perpendicular to each other,"If somebody wasn't all there and regarded test subjects' lives as dispensable,deadly tests wouldn't seem out of the ordinary. ". I hammered nails into the new 90 degree corner and stood another frame piece on top,like the first. I hammered some nails in and picked up a piece of the counter,titling my head in thought before placing it gently on the floor. With a loud cry I brought the knife up and impaled it into the wood,making a clean cut. I smiled serenely and snapped the wood on my knee,seperating the piece fully. I did it again,only this time cutting the piece I had already made in half. I went back to the new corner and placed a beam so that it extanded one of the 'legs'. I used the half of the counter piece to attatch it to the other,then put the second half on the opposite side.

"Yeah I guess." Soon getting bored, I sat back and watched him terrori- I mean- 'create a fort.'I watched as he cried out and winced back a bit when he cut into the wood. Seeing the wood break, I thought hmm, so, this is how caveman used to take out there anger.​ I had to cover my mouth and look away as not to laugh at my comparison.

{Jason}

I flicked my gaze to Switch as he hid a smile,then regarded the frame pieces I had nailed together. It was getting a little inefficient. "Excuse me!",I yelled to the ceiling,"Do you have anything that can fuse wood together!?",and waited.

{GLaDOS}

I most certainly did have something that could do that,but I wasn't about to give something like that to him. Instead I fizzled all the things he had taken apart.

{Jason}

I looked down in surprise as the things I had dismantled disintergrated before my eyes. Fizzled,my head told me,but I just brushed it off and yelled at the ceiling,"That wasn't very nice!".

I jumped to my feet and looked at the remains of the fort. "Please don't tell me the 'bot did that..." He looked at Jason, the fear he tried to hide coming through his eyes much too easily. it can disintegrate stuff too?!

{Jason}

I crossed my arms and glared at the ceiling,saying,"Pretty sure it was. Makes sense too. If anything goes haywire and tries to kill everybody,boop,",I mimed pressing a button,",no more danger.". I glanced at Switch and,seeing the fear in his eyes,said,"If it makes you feel any better I don't think she can do it to us. If she could I probably wouldn't be here.". Then my head started buzzing for a second before it stopped. "Alright then.",I said after a second of nothing else happening.

{GLaDOS}

I repeatedly stabbed the buttons that fizzled the Bipolar and Development Cores,but nothing happened. I swiveled myself so I could look at the monitor that showed their health,but all that was on it was a yellow question mark. "The chips must have malfunctioned. Instead of fizzling them,it just fizzled itself.",I deduced angrily,then sighed. It was just a precaution anyways,and with Caroline influencing me I couldn't trust myself to not push the button in a moment that turned out to be trivial anyways.

I stood straight and ran a hand through my hair. "I knew that." I said, then looked back down at the dust. I looked away once more, the sight not as pleasant as I would like. My eyes drifted up to the ceiling, and I searched it, as if something was going to come out of nowhere and kill me. But same as earlier, nothing. I'm just paranoid. 'Bot can't do anything to me. ​With a careful smirk, I looked back at Jason. "Ugh, are you gonna freak out if you don't have anything to dissemble?"

{Jason}

"It's more like I'll be so bored I'll go insane.",I told him serenely,looking up at the ceiling as well. "Hey,you know those monitors over there?",I asked,pointing to said viewing devices that were currently playing informational videos,"Can they play movies too? If so,what movies do you have?". A second passed,then the tube started clattering again. A black square fell out of it,which I picked up curiously. "Aperture Science Informational Video Override.",I read from the screen before tapping it. The words changed to a extensive list of movie titles,and I do mean extensive. "Woah...",I breathed,my eyes growing huge as I scrolled down the list.