Apartments of Anarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A puzzled look came over the bronze haired girl as she stopped chewing and looked up at Jay, swallowing in a huge gulp she asked, " How's come you don't eat? I thought that was a basic human need." She grabbed up her glass of water and drank a few gulps down then returned to the steak, now almost gone, and stabbed another fork-full of meat and shoved it in her mouth and chewed.

"W-wait!" Loki called after the fleeing vampire...he didn't mean to make him cry, he merely wanted to avoid being lunch! "Come back, I'm sorry! You're not a terrible vampire, I just wouldn't taste good! I'm not from this planet, my blood is black!"

He got no reply as Tomwell continued to flee into the distance.

"Please come back! Or at least tell me where I can find the manager of this place so I can get a new room key!"

Jay looked up. "I eat, just very little. I'm not really human. That's how I fixed the door so fast. I'm more of a, umm, I'm pretty much a clump of magic in human form, sort of I guess. I've never really thought about what I am." Jay claspe her hands together in thought.

"Hmm that's really cool! You can do almost anything I bet." Saja set the fork down and burped into her fist, Frith! it felt good to be full for a change!
"Do you get tired or thirsty? How do you replenish your energy if you don't eat? Where did you come from? I never heard of anyone like you do you..." Her many questions flowed out, getting faster now that she had some fuel in her system for the first time in at least 48 hours.

Jay chuckled. "Yes, I do get a little tired every little while. Thirsty, depends on if I've been in the sun for a really long time, and some other reasons. The other stuff, well, it's really complicated."

The girl nodded at the information as she washed her plate and utensils then set them in the dish rack to dry. She came around the counter and sat in the kitchenette chair but facing Jay. "Must be amazing to be you, me on the other hand, pfft! Boring ordinary human." She sighed and thought that to be made of magic would be a lot better than what her and Shojin had been through of late since the loss of her father and all. He had been her world and lets face it, she thought, her meal ticket.

"You're not human. Your telepathic. I can sense it when you look at the cat. I used to be able to do it with my dog, but she died." Jay thought for a moment. "Actually, you could be human, but your brain would have to be super powered. That would be caused by a super extreme emotion."

Kantara stepped back from her work, pleased with herself. The living room and kitchen were now adorned with gold and red stripes, and the little bedroom was blue with a green leaf design. "Now let's go find some friends," she said to herself. She left the room and started looking for other people.

"Huh... wow, never thought of it like that before. Actually," She scratched the back of her head while she thought, " I never did think about it. Dad brought Shojin back with him from one of his trips. He gave the little ball of fur to me and we hit it off right away. I mean, we talked back and forth in our heads all the time. Dad always did say I was special, his 'special little girl', like that... made me feel important too." She smiled at the distant memory. Then shook herself and blinked, then blushed a bit as she looked over at Jay. Saja shrugged and continued, "Anyways, he never did tell me what he meant by 'special', guess I know now." She smiled shyly and sipped her water.

Jay nodded. "So, would you like to explore the building with me? I usually teleport places, so I haven't seen a lot of the place."

"Mmm..no, if Gump finds me, well I don't have anymore money to throw at him." Saja hops down off the chair. "But thanks for the offer." The young girl gives Jay a winning smile to hide the fear she felt for the scary goo.

"Oh yea. I forgot about gump. Well, if you need any help, let me know." Jay waved goodbye and walked into the hallway. "Which way first..." she mumbled to herself.

Saja waved goodbye and said, "don't be a stranger, drop bye whenever." She shut the door and went to nap beside Shojin for a while, the day had been hectic and she needed a few quiet minutes.

Making a mental note on what Saja said, Jay chose to stray left. She wandered along the halls looking for a new face.

Coffee in one hand, and a few bits of paper in the other, Carlson trod gloomily down the hall, staring into space. He tossed them at the noticeboard, which helpfully glued them into place. One was the advertisement about the job offer ((see above)) and the other was a list of rules he had drawn up:

1. NO weapons to be drawn or used without explicit permission from the owner
2. NO spells above grade 5 are to be used in the rooms, and none above grade 2 are to be used in the hallways or foyer.
3. In case of emergency, any with teleportation skills are asked to help those who may be in need
4. Any modifications can be made to the rooms, so long as they do not affect the structural integrity of the building
5. If Gump is attempting to locate someone or something, avoid it at all costs. Do NOT get in the way of Gump.

((You may try and break these rules if you wish, but Gump knows where you live))

Jay had walked all over this floor of the building, so she proceeded to the first floor. There she saw a notice board and read the rules. 'Level 5 spells? Hmm. I guess I need to recheck my spell books and see which spells those are.' she thought to herself. Then she decided to explore a little more first, and continued walking down the hallway.

Loki sniffled a bit, looking back in the direction that the vampire had gone off in. He had avoided being lunch, but had hurt someone's feelings in the process...what exactly did that accomplish? Letting out a deep sigh, the alien began to walk away from "his" room. Whoever was in there obviously had no intention of opening up.

"M-mr. Carlson?" he called out to the hallway. His new boss must have had made a mistake on his room assignment. That one was taken, and he didn't want to be a bother. He just needed to find his boss and get things settled out...or at least SOMEBODY. He hadn't seen anyone from the time he arrived, but from what he had heard, this place was pretty full of interesting people...erm. Earthlings. Not everyone was considered a "person" here.

"...anyone?" the albino continued to cry out, now slightly louder than before. If he could find someone, he could them help him find Carlson...and hopefully make friends! As long as he was staying here, it'd be a good experience!

((P.S. if anyone wants to have a character living in that room, be my guest! It's free game, bro.))

Jay heard someone further down the hallway. She yelled back. "Hello? Who is it?"

Kantara turned the corner and saw a pale alien standing in the hallway.
"Why hullo there!" she said with a grin.

Saja rubbed her nose and sneezed, then pushed the extra large, black cat tail off her face. 'Well, that's one way to wake up.'
She rolled off the bed and yawned, then stretched. Looking at the clock on the bed side table she was amazed at how long she had slept. The bronze haired girl walked off to the bathroom and started the shower, stripped and climbed in.
Having the bed to himself now, The tiger sized black cat ,Shojin, rolled over onto his back and sprawled out. His head and forelegs hung off the end at a most precarious angle while his hind legs were propped against the wall at the head of the bed. Saja came out of the bathroom toweling her hair dry and stopped at the sight, shook her head and frowned.
' That just can't be comfortable, you silly thing!,' her mental send was filled with laughter as she threw her towel at his head and started rummaging through the dresser drawers for something decent to wear, then pulled on the pants and shirt.
Rolling over, he swatted at her with a paw that almost knocked her off her feet. 'Heyyyy! Watch it you big bully.' She grabbed his paw and with some effort, pulled him off the bed. Shojin then put her into a hug and started licking her neck and head, purring the whole time.
"AHHH! I just had a shower, thank you! Let me up! You win again." It had been a very long time since she had won one of their play fights. She straightened herself as she stood, while the cat looked like he was debating over tackling her again. 'Best out of three.' He sent to her and grabbed her foot as she stalked off to find the hair brush.
"GAH!" She almost Went down again. Stumbling, she ended up at her destination, the hairbrush on the little table by the door. There was definitely a downside to having a giant cat for a friend. She staired at the birds-nest of hair in the mirror while she brushed it.
With a sigh she set the brush down then walked over to the window, looking out she said, "I wonder if it's going to rain tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.