Apartments of Anarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a hollow gulping sound, Gump accepted the money. On his way out, the door finally broke, the shattered planks of wood falling into the corridor. Carlson shook his head in despair, accepted the (moderately slimy) cash from Gump and went back to his office. Caffeine was needed.

((The doors should unlock themselves for you, especially if you're nice))

Jay walked past a broken door and wondered what happened. She knocked on the wall and poked her head in. "Hello? Is, Is everything alright?" She saw the broken prices on the floor and started to make a small pile outside the door. If the room owner wa ok with it, maybe she could repair it. She'd have to buy some supplies. Jay hope everything was alright.

Saja sighed then answered the person at the 'door', "yes, sort of, need a door thanks to Gump there but otherwise it's OK." Patting Shojin on the head so that he started to calm down she walked over to the door to see who she was talking to. "Hi, I'm Saja and you are?"

"I'm Jay, nice to meet you. Umm, I could fix your door if your ok with it."

"Hi Jay, I'm Saja and that," she waves a hand back at the large black cat,"is Shojin. You can fix it?" The girl picks up a slime covered piece of smashed wood pinched between her index finger and thumb. " If you can that would be great! But I can't pay you, Gump took my money...but I could offer you a deer steak! Shojin had good hunting this morning." She gives her a smile and drops the wood on the pile next to the now open doorway.

"Yea, I can fix it easily, but don't worry about paying me. Nice to meet youSaja and Shojin. I'm going to go ahead and start working on the door."" Jay waved and started placing the peices of the door like a puzzle, recreating the door on the floor by the wall in the hallway.

"Wow, nice! I had heard of such things but I never seen it done before." Saja went and cut off a thick steak from the best part of the carcass and wrapped it up in some paper and brought it back to Jay. "As promised! One steak. Are you new here? I don't remember seeing you before..."

Jay finished lining the peices up and was pushing them as close as possible together. The , she reached up and took the steak. "Thanks. Well, I can fix things easily and some other stuff. And no, I'm not really new, I just stay up on the higher floors. I'm in room 526, I think. I like it up high." Jay closed her eyes and mumbled something. The door glued itself together and place itself back into the doorway. "There you go."

"Thanks again! Umm, your welcome to come in if you like, a glass of water maybe? Sorry, don't have anything else right now." Saja gave an apologetic smile. She checked out the door, opening it and closing it, looking up and down it, and running her hands over both sides of it. "Wow...it's better than when I first moved in! You can even smell fresh stain and lacquer on it, amazing!"

"It's nothing, really." Jay walked in and looked around. "This place is nice." Jay reached over and patted Shojin on the head.

Loki froze. In the past couple minutes he had heard several crashes an explosions, screaming, some oozing/burping sounds, and now he sensed something above him...Lovely.

The albino alien turned to look up slowly only to see some vicious blood sucking creature (a vampire he believed they were called) eyeing him hungrily...just peachy. First his room was taken, and now this? He was beginning to resent his mother for assigning him to Earth in the first place. "'go to earth' she says...'it'll be fun!' she says" he mumbled to himself before returning his gaze to the monster above him.

"Um...hello!" He stuttered as his ears stood up alertly "My name's Loki, and I'll be working here from now on...I was hired to clean and cook in exchange for my stay here!"

He took a deep breath and continued.

"Unfortunately, the room assigned to me seems to be already occupied. You wouldn't happen to know whose living in there, would you?"

Ham that he always was, Shojin accepted the pat and nudged the hand for more. While they were busy getting to know each other, Saja decided it was time to get to work on the deer before it rotted. She swiftly and neatly did the work needed and packed the meat away, most of it in the empty freezer, but some in the fridge too. She kept out one steak for herself and asked, " would you like some steak too? Since I am going to be cooking one for me..."

"No thanks." Jay kept petting Shojin, finding the cat quite comforting. She picked the cat up, sat down, and placed the cat in her lap.

@Loki: Detaching himself from the ceiling, Tomwell loomed over Loki, licking his lips hungrily.

Carlson slumped in his chair, coffee in one hand, steam-loaded pistol in the other. The bit of junk was half rusted, so he dumped it back in the detritus of his desk. Today had been crazy, and he needed a break. And possibly another security guard. Gump was all well and good but... semi-sentient sludge can only do so much. A started to draft up a notice.

Hiring: Technomancer/Summoner/Combat Aficionado

Requesting a current resident with either technological skills or summoning ability to create a creature/machine that can follow orders. This being must be able to be given the role as security guard for the hotel. Anyone with personal combat skills is also welcome to apply. Once we have enough applicants, a tournament will be held. The winner shall be given the job of security guard. Whoever has this post will be given free level five accommodation and room service.

Sukai wandered about the apartment until he found a stock room used by the janitor. Sitting inside, he removed the mop and broom from the room so as to it inside the closet. Meditating on all that he had done, he spent an hour in silence. Sukai the said aloud "Maybe I should summon today. Maybe today I will show great improvement!" Leaving the storage, he put the supplies back where they belonged before setting out to repeat his mistake. If he was lucky, he would not summon the evil porcupine ever again.

Loki's eye's went wide. This was worse that the time he was almost eaten by giant moon slugs...they were probably far more dangerous than a simple earthling Vampire, seeing as their slime would burn through flesh in a matter of seconds, along with poisening the entire body as soon as it reached the blood stream...but then again, they were easy to outrun being only able to travel at 3 yards per hour.

Ignoring his self-defense mastery, and common sense, the alien boy took it upon himself to flick the blood sucker in the nose. hard.

"Bad vampire! No eating the employees!" He stated in a matter-of factly tone.

Tomwell started sobbing. "I'm a terrible vampire! I never manage to bite anyone!" He fled back down the corridor, black cloak fluttering like a demented bat.

(Spwack - did you post the note for hire yet? )

Finding the position of on her lap undignified and uncomfortable the the tiger-sized black cat stalked off and flopped on the mattress making it squeak in protest.
'Hey! not the mattress darn it that's where I sleep! Saja mentally sent in protest.
Out loud she apologized to Jay, "I'm sorry for his rude behaviour. Shojin is a cat after all and they can be rather abrupt and rude with hardly no cause at all, as you have just witnessed."
A snort came from the bedroom followed by a rumbling grumble. Her jibe had hit the spot and smiling, she set her medium-well done steak on an old cracked but clean plate. She picked a fork and a knife out of the drawer next to her and asked, "I hope you don't mind but I am going to eat now I am simply starving." And with that she began wolfing down the deer steak with remarkable speed.

The room let Kantara in. She smiled and looked around. It was a decent size for the price and although it was empty, she knew she would have no problem finding furniture. Having lots of friends living in lots of universes meant that there was always enough cast-off furniture for her to set up new homes. "First thing's first," she muttered. She took out a black stone bowl at filled it with water at the kitchen sink. Then she traveled around the apartment with it, pulling the negative energy into the water. When she was done and the bowl had grown heavy from the collected energies, she took it to the sink and poured the negative energy into the sewer where it belonged. The room itself almost seemed relieved.
"Now, how shall I paint you?"

"It's ok. He's an adorable cat, so that makes up for his behavior. By the way, if you need any help with food, just let me know. I don't really eat, so I buy food and give it away so at least I look like I eat." Jay gave a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.