Apartments of Anarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in room 222, Saja stood up smoothly, like silk flowing in a warm summer breeze and walked across the floor to the door. She turned the lock and tested the knob, 'good, off to bed then.'
Picking up the hairbrush, she gave her medium length bronze hair a good going over before setting it back down on the table by the door. She paused and looked at her reflection in the full-length mirror. Young, 20 something, muscular but not too... Saja smoothed her skirt with her hands looking over the curves it exposed while doing so and smiled a bit vainly, totaly satisfied with what she saw.
Those Yoga classes and the Parkour she indulged in every-so-often, kept her fit even though she ate all the wrong things, or so Shojin kept reminding her. She looked over at the large black cat lounging on the sofa behind her via the mirror. He yawned and stretched one arm out past the arm of the couch and smiled by slitting his eyes and letting his tongue loll out.
In that moment she remembered the day they moved in. A mixed emotion day of a roller-coaster ride in hell that got them here.
Running from the law was nothing, she had done it many times and never had she suffered even an interrogation. But Gordon Jernal had been a different matter.
'He has been dead for a long time, you are safe. Besides, They know I will kill anyone that threatens you like that again.' Shojin snarled to enforce his thoughts, his white teeth flashing against his black fur and his emrald green eyes focused and intense. Saja took the few steps to his side in an instant and ruffled the fur on his head then scratched behind his ears with both hands, he purred his happiness to her.
'It's late, time for me to get some rest! I don't spend my day napping like you do.' She bumped her nose against his while holding his head in her hands. Shojin licked her chin then pulled away still purring and rolled over onto his back into a full stretch. Saja left him there to wake and go off roaming the halls or outside, she never was sure where he would go while she slept. She really didn't care either, it was his business not hers, as long as he was discreet.
The young girl quickly changed into her night-cloths and slipped into bed, snuggling into her pillow.

Kantara turned around and smiled at Sukai.
"Hihi, my name is Kantara! Do you know where the landlord is?"

Sukai tilts his head in deep thought on such a question. "Hmm" He mumbled to himself. When did I last see the land lord exactly? After a few moments of failed concentration, he politely said "Nope. I have forgotten all about that whole ordeal. Why do you need to see the lord of this land?" Sukai asked with curiosity, his eyes widening. This girl may be my ticket to an exciting new adventure! Maybe she is all ready set out for some heroic endeavor that I know not of. I should ask her! "Did this lord have an important task for you?"

((Ah... s***. Just got back from Thailand. Of all the times for heaps of replies to come through...))

@Serenity: Looking carefully at the frightened girl, he smiled warmly, placed a tagging glyph on the back of her neck, and walked smoothly off. Something about that girl was... odd... Then again, most of the people here were, so it was no good trying to avoid people that disturbed you slightly. He was almost bankrupt as it was.

@Alexander/Sukai: Casually checking his watch, Carlson raised his eyebrows. Room 313 had just been opened forcibly, and whatever was inside was playing havoc with the sensors. He scheduled Gump (the security guard/cleaner) to check it out if he wasn't given a reason within the hour. And room 77 had just witnessed a standard (if strangely shaped) magical charge. The semi-sentient processor in the basement thought it was a summoning. Carlson headed up the stairs sighing. He should have put up the rule-list ages ago, but the million and one things that needed doing always got in the way.

@Loki: ((Yes, exactly right)) Mere seconds from running into the young boy, Tomwell swapped to shadow-shape and silently hid on the moldy roof. The being had odd ears, but seemed human enough. One dark thought slipped through his mind: Hunger...

((Perhaps some people could meet each other? Also, if any new people could play an eccentric, washed up vampire, Tomwell would be very appreciative))

The sun was streaming in the window through the thread bare old curtains when Saja shifted and rolled over then stretched. Yawning, she rubbed her eyes then stood up, looking around the room. For some reason it seemed that something was out of place, she frowned and pursed her full lips trying to think what it was, then shrugged and walked off to the kitchenette to see what she could find for breakfast. Shojin was chewing on his favorite 'toy', an old piece of tire he had brought home one day. She hoped that it hadn't been attached to a car when he 'found' it.
'So how was your night? Anything interesting happen?' She asked while sticking her head into the fridge tentatively, one never knew how old some things in there were untill it was too late, some smells were otherworldly in nastiness. She poked at a box on the top shelf hoping it wouldn't move on its own afterwards.
Shojin stopped chewing and looked her way and rumbled while he sent his thoughts her way. 'Not much, just new people moving in the place. It's gotten busy around here of late.' He licked the tire piece and sniffed it distractedly. 'Are you going to finally go shopping? You can't avoid it forever you know. The rabbit population around here is getting slim to none because of it. Besides, I could go for a juicy steak.' He licked the rubber again, purring.
'Steak?!?' Saja stood up quickly in outrage and banged the back of her head on the inner ceiling of the refrigerator compartment, 'owe!!' She rubbed her head as she turned to look at the cat, 'are you nuts? I can't even buy one for myself let alone feed you, and believe you me, I would eat it before you ever set eyes on it!' The girl stalked off to the bedroom and didn't come back till she was dressed in brown slacks and a pretty orange top that showed off her tan. She grabbed up the brush by the door and ran it though her hair. 'I'm going shopping, I'll see what treat I can find for you too, but NO steaks.' She put the brush down and turned the knob on the door and frowned again. 'Did you unlock the door? I could have sworn I locked it last night...'
'You know i use the fire escape, it's quicker.' Shojin batted at the rubber piece and it wobbled off down the short hall way to the bedroom, bounced off the door and turned the corner into the bathroom. He padded off after it totally forgetting Saja and her inquiry.
Hunger got the better of her and Saja gave up on the oddities at hand and walked out the door intending to head for the store.

Kantara giggled. "No quest, I just wanted to ask him some questions about moving in, like what the rent is, and if I would be allowed to paint the walls."

Carefully examining the hallway for any signs of demonic activity, Carlson spotted the pair talking. "Why hello there! Is there a problem I can help you two with?"

Saja rounded a corner and almost ran into a middle-aged balding man talking to a couple of people. "Oh! excuse me, oh hello Mr. Carlson! I haven't seen you in a while sir, how have you been?" She hoped he didn't ask for the rent she only had enough for some food this week and even then, not much, she was still trying to figure out what to get Shojin to quell a possible rebellion from him.

"Oh hello! I'm looking to start renting an apartment here, are you the landlord?"

"Indeed I am. If you would like to rent a room it's very cheap, and you can do whatever you want to it. Just pick a room, it should open for you." Turning quickly, he brought the full force of his glare to land on Saja (it can kill small mammals) "And as for you young lady... Do you have the rent? Or would you prefer a blood sacrifice?"

The young girl wilted under the man's glare and she stammered, "N-no s-s-sir, I only hav-ve enough t-to buy some food for Shoji today. But I work next week! I can pay you next Friday." She smiled tentatively as she tried to slide past the intimidating old man.

"I can spot you your rent until you can pay me back," offered Kantara with a smile. "Which unit shall I take, sir?"

Hurrying after Saja, Carlson yelled out "I'm a bit busy right now! Just pick any room!" He was very unfit, so rather than chase after the girl, he commanded loudly "Gump! Come!"

From the basement, a slimy slurp could be heard...

"Gump! come!" Saja heard the old man say as she picked up speed now,'Oh lord! SHOJIN! Where are you when I need you. You can forget that food tonight if you don't help me now! He sicked Gump on my tail!'
'Saja, just give him the ten dollars, wont be the first time we went hungry.'
'Yeah but I don't get work till next Wednesday, that's more than five days without food, and I'll bee danged if I am eating rat meat again!'
She sent as she reached the next floor down via the steps and then doubled back towards her own apartment (it had worked before). She climbed the back stars two or three steps at a time. She opened the back stairwell door and dove out heading for her door.

Squeezing through the gaps between the walls, Gump oozed into the corridor. Slopping down with a sickly slurp, the gelatinous grey goop ((i enjoy alliteration)) waved half-melted tentacles in a vain effort to find Saja.

(wow, I had no idea that was what it's called, alliteration, neat to know lol)

Panting hard from the exercise, Saja leaned against the inside of her closed door. 'Thanks a lot for the help out there buddy! Sheesh!' She stripped her shirt off as she walked to her room and flopped on the bed.
After a few minutes the cat walked into the room like he owned it. 'You should know better than to be seen when it's rent time and you don't have the money. Why not pick up an odd job, just to hold us over.' He grumbled a little, the equivalent of a human sigh, then added, 'I will go get some food, and yes I know, no rats. Don't know why, they taste perfectly good to me...' That last part was added in a quieter send, almost as if she was overhearing some personal statement not meant for her mental 'ears'. She thought about arguing the point but knew it was pointless.
The girl stood up and went to the bathroom and turned on the faucet. She stood there looking at her reflection in the mirror a moment then asked, 'What kind of job should I look for then? There isn't much call for foot models you know.' Saja was referring to her present 'job'.
'I am not the cat to be asking about human jobs. Leave me be now, I have to concentrate.' Shojin resumed his stalking with a little body wiggle down low in the grass. He couldn't believe his luck, a deer had come out of the small woods right in front of him and he was not going to miss this opportunity.

"Good bo- gir-..." Carlson was stumped. What was Gump? He gave up. "Good Gump! Now, fetch!" The pile of ooze was hammering on Saja's doorway. Part of it broke off, and Gump slowly crept into the room.

Jay heard a noise and teleported back to her room. Seeing nothing wrong, she wandered down the hallway searching for the source of the noise.

After putting on a clean shirt the girl sat down on the couch. Her stomach growled fiercely, worse than it had in weeks. She went to the kitchen and got herself a large glass of water, sometimes that helped.
A loud noise across the room at the window brought her attention away from the pains in her middle for a moment and a smile spread across her face as Shojin finished dragging the deer carcass in the window.
"Oh wow! A whole deer! You are he best hunter ever!" Setting down the glass Saja walked over to help bring the deer to the kitchenette counter so that she could begin carving it. Or would have, but just then the front door gave way to Gump. Saja looked up frowning at the sight of the ooze. "Oh fine! here, take it. It's all we have." She pulled the money out of her pocket and threw it into the slimy bulks middle, knowing that was better than having the creature take it from her. A shiver ran down her spine at the memory of THAT encounter. "Tell your master I will have the rest next Friday."
Shojin growled a warning for the thing not to come any closer than it had already. Slime or not, he wasn't about to let it endanger Saja and the big cat seemed to grow bigger as he faced down the Gump.

Kantara approached a nearby door - the door to room 22.
"Hello room. May I please come in?" she asked it. She tried the knob tentatively. It seemed locked. "Please?"

Status
Not open for further replies.