1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, scifi, videogame, romance, pretty flexible really
Yeah, I know this is a counseling area but I got a bit of a rant too. My downstairs neighbor is smoking pot in their apartment. How do I know? I can smell it. While I appriceate that the management is trying....I'm tired of the leaky old windows and the smell and shit. So I was wondering....do any of you guys have any advice for apartment hunting? Like sites you'd recommend or something? I'm in the US so that's a bit of info. obviously I'm not asking for actual apartments to look into, just general advice on things to look out for and stuff. Like If I'm going to visit, what are some questions I should ask, what should I be paying attention to etc.

Kijiji can be very useful for apartment hunting. My roommates and I found our current place through it - although I'd recommend avoiding the places that don't have pictures in their ads. Also, if you type 'apartments for rent [city name]' into Google, sites with apartment listings will show up in the search. Always ask about the heat and the plumbing and how often they shut the water off. And if the previous tenants had animals (and what kind)

Weed smell, depending on the area you live in, might just be something you have to learn to deal with.

I hate that smell, but nearly everybody smokes it where I lived (in Hawaii), so every rental had issues with it. The only difference was really the amount and frequency.

Other than that, craigslist.org. If you're in any way related to the military, ahrn.com.

• Thank You
Reactions: LunaValentine
Weed smell, depending on the area you live in, might just be something you have to learn to deal with.

I hate that smell, but nearly everybody smokes it where I lived (in Hawaii), so every rental had issues with it. The only difference was really the amount and frequency.

Other than that, craigslist.org. If you're in any way related to the military, ahrn.com.

Learning to deal with it isn't an option for me anymore. I've got asthma and unfortunately when I got fairly sick (had a cold or something) last year I kept having attacks when I went to the bathroom from the smell alone. The complex I live in is supposed to be smoke free.

Status
Not open for further replies.