Aokigahara Academy For Teenage Yokai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers.

As for posting frequency... I'm not going to make multiple a day by a long shot. Not sure how the IC will work out, but I'm warning ya'll in advance.
That's totally fine! We'll adapt to each other!

Reactions: koolkat4595
ok my first CS is finished, now i need to find another Yokai that peaks my interest XD

sorry i did not forget about this RP, i will most likely make a staff CS for a teacher so that we can move into the IC

Are you still accepting people for this? Because this looks super interesting.

Damn, I was pretty busy.

Yeah. Trying to find time to construct my app.

Here's a character sheet: just say if something needs adjusting!

Name: Daichi (That's Mr. Daichi/Daichi-sensei to you)

Age: Stopped counting after he turned three hundred (in reality around 414)

Species: tsuchigumo

Position: Teacher

Subject: 'Human Prey 101' (a class about the tricking and the eating of humans; also related to hiding in plain sight in human society).
Substitutes for art class.

Bio: Like other tsuchigumo, Daichi started off life as a common purse web spider. Early on in this simple existence of wandering and spinning webs, Daichi had come across a tall tree in the middle of his forest birthplace. Awestruck by the size of the ancient tree, Daichi decided that he wanted nothing more than to call the branches of this monolith his home.
Many, many years passed. Daichi, who was growing to an impressive size by this point, had spent much of his time spinning several great webs in and around his tree home, catching bugs and even birds in its silken curtain. Due to this prosperous diet, Daichi continued growing at an alarming rate, and the size of his webs grew with him. As a way to pass the time, Daichi began weaving pictures into his webs, often simple mimics of animals he had seen passing by. He had actually become fairly competent at it.

It was only as the cold snow of winter began drifting through the air that Daichi realized he had made a horrible mistake. So great and thick was his web, that the tree could no longer receive sunlight. While he had been happily gorging himself, the tree he had so admired had been slowly dying. Distraught, the spider tore down his webs, but the damage was done. By the time winter had ended, the tree stood bare, never to flourish again.
Daichi wept, clinging to the branches he had called home for so many years. His crying echoed loudly through the forest, and attracted the attention of a woodsman. Thinking it might be someone in need of help, the wood cutter hefted his axe and quickly ran to the centre of the forest.

Hearing the man's approach, Daichi tried to slink into the shadow of the tree, praying he would not be seen. To his great astonishment, he actually began to fade and disappear, becoming totally invisible, and equally astonishing was that his size greatly overmatched the intruding human. Daichi realized with a start that he had transformed into a powerful Yokai.
The happiness of this revelation was soon transposed by anger: Daichi saw the axe carried by the human, and became enraged. This human dared to desecrate his tree, so soon after its demise?! Leaping from the tree, the human only had a second to scream before Daichi dealt him a mortal blow.

The sweet taste of human flesh and vengeance, both delicacies sweeter than any bird or bug, did nothing to help Daichi's despondent mood. Though he had grown in power, he could not help looking forlornly at the tree that had served as his sanctuary. This forest held nothing for him now.

For the next few years, Daichi wandered, slowly coming to grips with his newfound powers. Mastering the art of illusion, the tsuchigumo became quite proficient at tricking and consuming human prey, and even ate several samurai in his time.
The spider also discovered that the great pictures he weaved helped calm and lift his still low spirits. It was as he was weaving a picture of the distant Mt. Fuji that he was approached by a chortling karakasa kozō, asking if he knew directions to the hidden shrine at its base. Confused but intrigued by the school that the silly umbrella asked after, the spider accompanied the still giggling umbrella, the two eventually finding their way to the school.

Daichi decided that he rather liked the idea of helping young and inexperienced Yokai learn the tricks of the trade to fooling humans, whom he still held a grudge over. That, and it was kind of nice that others could appreciate his art…
To that end, Daichi joined as a teacher the first opportunity he had, and has happily resided in the forest ever since. The staff dorms have become something of a permanent place of residence for him, since he ardently refuses to ever make his web in a tree again…

Image reference:
yokai_march__tsuchigumo_by_rohkova-d78seh6.jpg

okay wow your CS made me realize that i did make a staff CS, but it was on my tablet and i did not say a draft. but its okay i think i remember the core background of my character >.< it just happens that she is a jorogumo

if the personalities match up, though she is a experienced suductress with humans, but does not know how to really act with her fellow yokai

I'm going to add a few staff that I'll be playing to my CS post. I'm going to try not to fill too many positions with NPCS so any new people can still join with a viable staff member!

I know that i was to either be the science teacher or the music teacher, but it does not seems like there will be alot of music players in this RP, so ill probably just so with science or something to do with that subject.

Are you still in need of staff members? :)

My NPC CS's are all posted. These positions are officially taken!

Status
Not open for further replies.