Anything Happens

"Beast?" Erienna let out a soft squeak before the woman's words echoed back in her mind: "Part of the adventure is making it up as one goes, no?" … it wasn't exactly the girl's way of thinking. Undead, blood, magic. She wrinkled her nose. The idea of fighting some – some…well, she didn't exactly know who they were fighting. Or was it rescuing? Erienna sighed in a sort of defeat. She ventured she didn't want to journey alone – at least not now. She shivered. Strength in numbers, right?

(I'm backing out of this. Time to hang it up.)

((If you insist...))

In a wizard's tower far away from the events described prior, in the top room, a man--the owner of said tower--wearing a robe with a symbol of a clock on it sits down before a desk covered in hourglasses. The room around him has nothing but clocks in it, most of them seemingly broken as they are not presently moving, their hands all pointing to different times. He puts his hands on his head and groans. "Ugh...another migraine. By the gods, I wish people would stop doing that.."

Meanwhile, back with Ubero and the others, the one known as Aragon son of Adara disappears altogether. He's there one moment and gone the next.

Ubero looks around. "Hmm...that's odd. Where'd the feline fellow go to? Ah well, we were going north, right?"

"What do y—?" Erienna stopped and glanced back. The wolf-man was right. The feline creature had disappeared. The sudden departure of a party member made the already struggling girl paranoid about what they were going to be facing. "Are you sure you know where we're going?"

"Well, I'm certain I have business in the north either way, though I have no idea why that man just disappeared. And before he disappeared he reported an alchemist in the north who was causing these dead to r..." Ubero pauses, as he was just about to gesture to the piles of defeated undead, but most of them have started disappearing as well! He pauses to think a moment. "Hm. This doesn't seem right at all. In fact..this looks like some real trouble for a time wizard to sort out. I don't think it's best I confuse myself trying to explain what's probably going on..."

((The guy in the wizard's tower in my previous post is supposed to be a time wizard; a plot involving investigating what just happened might start up if someone else has a character converse with said wizard.))

Lamia was curious as she watched the other individual suddenly disappear along with other random things. When Ubero mentioned something about a time wizard, her curiosity sparked once more. Those were a rare find indeed, and held such power. Perhaps this could indeed turn into a more lucrative adventure for her? The smile curled on her lips again as she followed in the rear, "You seem to be a very knowledgeable individual...Mr. Wolfman" she hadn't caught Ubero's name. Or he hadn't said it, either way she didnt' care. Leaning on her staff some she paused in her gait as if lost in her own thoughts a moment, "Tell me...what could a time wizard have to do with any of this. Surely they are not interested in raising the dead int he middle of nowhere to create some mischief" she shrugged and cotninued to follow the two without another word.

~~

The young spastic fairy remained behind her friend a moment cowering and looking frantically back and forth, "w..w..what do you think it is?!" she said in a soft squeek as she fluttered nervously off the ground with every little noise. She had gotten quite worked up and wasn't sure if her poor little heart could handle much mroe stress! Not that the journey had been overly stressful, but still. She got quite anxious quite easily. There was a sudden rustle in the bushes nearby as she let out another gasp and began to flutter away, stopping and realizing no one was following. Hurrying back she hid once more behind her friend, "c...come on! L...lets just go!" she begged with a soft whimper. She didn't like this road. It was scary!

"It's Ubero, miss. I don't mean the living dead, I mean the sudden disappearance of things. That often means someone's been misusing time magic, which most time wizards aren't too fond of. Anyway, I've been around a few times, eh?" He gives hearty chuckle.

Suddenly, the shaking bush ejects a gnoll, wearing some tattered clothes and wielding a spiked flail! Another two or three of the same, all putting out an eerie, laughing battle cry, jump out of cover from the other side; one has twin knives, and the other a bow. "Gnolls after meat," says the young woman. "This could get rough. Elira, stay alert!"

After laughing their battle cries for another couple of seconds or so, the gnolls all start attacking. The one with the bow digs out an arrow and starts aiming it; the one with the knives goes after the fairy girl while the one with the flail jumps at the girl with the unusual ears. The latter manages to block the flail's assault with her sword. She ducks under the next swing of the flail, and places her sword between the spike and the handle so that the chain gets wrapped around it by the force of the swing. She starts tugging the flail back and forth, attempting to disarm the creature.

((I was waiting for a third party member, but I decided to just retcon it to two people traveling together instead. A stranger could still appear to help the fight against the gnolls at any time, however.
Also, let me know if you don't like the name; you can name my character as a trade-off either way.))

Lamia glanced at Ubero, "I like Wolfman or Wolfboy better" she said with a faint smirk, "But I will call you Ubero, if you call me Lamia instead of miss. No need to be so proper among traveling companions, right?" she turned and smield toward the other girl. It wasn't a nasty smile, but it wasn't a calming one either. There certainly was something more to Lamia than what was met by the naked eye. The group continued to travel in silence after that.

~~
Elira's face turned white as the Gnolls suddenly appeared before them. She gave out another nervous squeek as the Gnolls prepared their attacks. Diving out of the way as Tsuna was attacked by one with a flail. Elira had little time to react as one with a knife came chasing after her, a nasty grin on its face as it let out a soft cackle. Turning, she suddenly took flight as the Gnoll chased her about the small battle field. Tears brimmed her eyes as she dodged the Gnoll's lashes at her tender wings. Her magical abilities were strongest in healing, but fairies could use their magic for other things as well. Frightened, Elira turned sharply and sent a blast of purple light toward the Gnoll who was taking another 'stab' at her. Taken off guard, the Gnoll was suddenly thrown back with a soft HURK noise as it landed on the ground, shook its head and got back up almost mystified! Blinking Elira fumbled around her belongings for a weapon, her's being a rather small dagger that she held tightly with both hands as if it were going to magically work on its own to defend her.

SUDDENLY! SMASH! Some one came hurtling down from the sky and smashed the archer gnoll with a foot upon landing! "RAGH!!" he bellowed at the sky before grabbing up the body of the archer and hurling it at the gnoll going after the winged girly girl! BAM the gnolls connected as the daggered one lay dazed upon the ground, looking up into the sky only to see his doom coming down on him like it had to the archer, this time as a two hammer fisted blow smashing him with the force of landing. The one the arms belonged to roared and smashed the gnoll until it stopped moving. Then suddenly the mass of strength whipped around and flew at the third gnoll with the flail, the creatures eyes welled up with fear and was paralyzed in place until SMASH a powerful fist sent it flying and landing several feet away, it's flail left behind. Throwing it's shaggy head back the man roared in triumph.

Tsuna was still busy pulling at the gnoll's flail when it lost hold of it, so she fell over from her own effort in the little tug of war. There wasn't any time to react anyway, the stranger had fallen upon the creatures so quickly. The girl sat up slowly, then stood up, her ears still ringing from the smashing and roaring noises, and turned toward whoever had just stomped the three gnolls flat. "Uh..thank you," she said quietly, still slightly concerned. After all, if the stranger was hostile they would have a hard time defending themselves against him...

Elira closed her eyes and began to swing her arms frantically as the Gnoll came at her. She barely registered the creature falling from the sky, and seemed to tune out the commotion they were making as well. Didn't help that she herself was screaming in an attempt to make herself feel better as she swung her small dagger around frantically at nothing. When she finally stopped and opened her eyes, all the Gnoll's were down and she stared in astonishment, thinking she'd done it. Then she heard Tsuna speak and noticed the new figure. Blinking she blushed a bit and put the dagger quickly behind her back, "Did...did I hit anything?" she said quietly inching toward her friend and shrinking in size as she hid in her friend's hair. "Do you think they're safe?" she whispered nervously.

The creature huffed as it looked at them after the energy exerted from the rampage. Elira ventured a peer from her hiding spot as she fluttered out in her smaller form. She looked hesitantly at her friend then at the creature as she hovered forward toward it. Then she looked at the Gnolls laying around and bit her lip. She might not like them, but her nature was to help and heal those who were hurt, and they looked pretty hurt.

"Tsuna I--" Elira began to say, but suddenly she was hit by some sort of dart as she let out a small cry and fell to the ground with the dart in her chest. She wasn't dead, but she wasn't moving. There was another barrage of darts that came from somewhere as if it was a light shower coming down upon them.

((sorry about this but I've decided to take a short hiatus. So I will allow you to take over my characters as you see fit))

His name was Bogart. He let out a breath, sounding like a bull snorting air from it's nostrils, and was about to tell them when suddenly! DARTS! One of the females was already down and who knew what kind of toxins could be in those darts?? He wasn't very tall but he was pretty massive, so he hunkered down over the two females, scooping them up and trying to run for some kind of cover. Like a tree with a bunch of branches. DIVE! He dove under the branches of a tree, making sure not to squish the other two! Thunk thunk thunk thunk, the darts sounded as they hit the branches. Bogart set down the two of them and shook darts from his shaggy mane of hair and started swatting at darts that had stuck into his bare back. They made him feel woozy, an unpleasant sensation.