Anyone up for an epic, expansive ORIGINAL superhero universe, created by YOU?

Which would you prefer for a team up name?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jeremy Monroe
Blood Type: Yellow Electricity
Height: 7'2"
Weight: 280
Sexuality: Celibate
Alignment: Variable (Hero to Monrovia)
Heroine/Villain/Anti-Hero name: Monrovia, Champion of the Monrovian Peoples
Interests:
Appearance:
Abilities
uh you didn't put any of the lasts lines or the ones in yellow

^It's probably just a WIP. :p

Foxtrot's villain:
Black Beetle.JPG
king jamar.JPG

WIPWIP
Notes from Shade

Name: Rhys Lysander
Blood Type: O
Height: 6"0
Weight: 140 lbs
Sexuality: Asexual. But hes not into dating, better yet doesn't think of it.
Alignment: Neutral. Rhys focuses more on punishing the wicked than protecting the innocent, actually also able to kill his victims without hesitation.
Heroine/Villain/Anti-Hero name: -The- Shade
Nickname(s)/Other aliases: Shady Detective, Shadow catcher, -The- Nothing.

Traits: Tactical, observive, underlying warmth
Flaws: Solitary, Remorseless, Brutal, Sarcastic, Paranoid personality disorder.

Appearance:
Rhys is a bulky and masculine man, with sleek bleached hair often combed back and no tattoos. He already seems cold and is one of those people who 'suffers' from looking like some serial killer with just his straight face on, not even trying. While being 'Shade' the male controls his own shadow he manipulates with ease, often used to express himself or something in a given situation.
NOT MINE!
drawing_him_again__by_aenaluck-d5xo7zy.jpg

[spoili]
tumblr_mhq0ioEIut1r2j6c3o1_500.gif

happy_birthday_vincent_valentine__a__by_gravitybeams-d5hvan5.png

[/spoili]
[spoili]
2022189-tim_s_feats_2.png
[/spoili]
Being Shade, his hair changes to be longer and jet black. he wears simple black pants that are tucked in his combat boots and a black long sleeved padded armor top, both arms equipped with black metallic gauntlets that are clawed at his fingers, also shielding his hands/fingers. The signature piece of his outfit is the long black cloak that is tattered at the ends and also in constant motion like 'fire' as well as his own shadow that changes to show how he feels usually. You would think that he scares all kids away, but once they see him, few of them are daring enough to hide in his cloak -which he doesn't understand or mind nonetheless-.

[spoili]
Horrible at explaining.[/spoili]
53:10 - 53:33
[/spoili]

Abilities:
- Acrobatics
- Espionage
- Interrogation / Intimidation and investigation *
- Hand to hand combat
- Quick thinker ; Improvising
- Marksmanship

Power(s):
Rhys only has one power, and that is shadow manipulation. Although you may think he can control all darkness with no limits, he is actually pretty limited really. In fact, Shade is only able to solidify shadows as well as manipulate shadows given that are in his surroundings. In other words, his powers will only work -or be more effective- if there is already existing sources. If he is interrupted (let's say punched for example) while using his powers, the shadows will cease temporarily and go back to its original place. The more shadows he uses (the bigger the usage), his energy drains and the shadows manipulated will gradually become weaker. He can 'cloak' or 'transform' himself into shadows and control his own to shapeshift (his shadow can shapeshift, but not him himself).

Bio:
Rhys came from a rich family, and although he lived in a nice house, seemed to have kind parents, and a easygoing life, His family was actually nothing more than lies. That girl who plays his 'mom'? A random gogo dancer picked up and paid to play his mom on certain occasions. His handsome father? A wealthy man who was also a shadow manipulator, hence Rhys' powers. Rhys' father, Jon, did not wish for any romanticism with his paid fake wife, she was just with him to play and fill in a role for money, therefore over time they became acquaintances. The gogo dancers name was Elise, nice woman who cared for Rhys. Whatever she and his dad had going on, Rhys called her his mom, much to his fathers dismay.

Elise had grown attached to Rhys, actually treating him as if he were her son, and eventually ordered Jon to stop paying her. This had greatly confused Jon, so giving it as try to see what would happen he had observed that his own son actually showed affection! and looking back he was never like this with his real mother, Lauren. Before Elise, There was the manipulative and verbally abusive Lauren. Then, Rhys was in her care until Jon had won him and he was legally placed under his care instead. Eventually Elise had an affect on Jon and it was then that after years of having a solid 'Acquaintance' relationship, he would finally try a thing called 'Romance' out.

Finally they were a family. But Jon heavily trained Rhys with his shadow abilities and to control them properly. One thing was important, Never let the darkness take you over ever. And fortunately, Rhys only inherited his father's shadow manipulation and nothing more. However, there was that extra caution that his son's darker powers are only comatose and they are in fact. Jon's theory was proven correct when Elise was abducted and murdered. Upon finding out, it was then that Rhys snapped -As Jon expected- and was forced to be chained down by his father' shadows. It was very difficult, and Jon had to summon a greatly powerful and knowledgable homo magi for help. Rhys powers dominated Jon, and it took hours to calm him down.

Eventually the final conclusion was that his 'darkness manipulation' powers only grew stronger and came out when Rhys had enough Wrath and craved more power. Currently Rhys is trying to control it at will, which is why he prefers to strictly be a loner.

When Rhys was 19 his 'shade' ego was made. This alter ego of his did not care about protecting the innocent, rather shade cared about was punishing the wicked. He was willing to kill criminals without hesitation and there was some debate on whose side he was on. Hero or villain? Shade did not know for himself, and after a few months a group called 'The Sect' went after him, by going after his father and killing Jon. Once Rhys investigated further, he dominated the sect's first leader who was considered 'powerful' in the dark world to avenge his father and it was then that a new leader appeared a year after. This new leader, holding the same grudge on Shade as he holds on them, was second below shade in strength of power. Although they are equally tied, shade will always win. Since then they became each other's partners to play tag with the world as their playground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ch0sen1
Okay, you can copy and paste the pics from here to the private group, then make a post in the Cast&Char thread explaining their powers and such (refer to my post in Cast&Char if you need an example)
@justice hunt

Ooh, can I reserve a space? I'll have my character and villain up after work? (4 hours time) :D

SINEAD BRADSHAW
{
shi-nade}

tumblr_ndntxceuUO1tui0wao7_250.gif
tumblr_ndntxceuUO1tui0wao2_250.gif
tumblr_ndntxceuUO1tui0wao4_250.gif
tumblr_ndntxceuUO1tui0wao5_250.gif
tumblr_ndntxceuUO1tui0wao9_250.gif
tumblr_ndntxceuUO1tui0wao8_250.gif

Codename(s): Animalia
Animalia def. the taxonomic kingdom comprising of all animals.

Blood Type: Unknown, unidentifiable by current scientific means
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs
Occupation: Student, Animal Sciences Major - Alabaster University of Sciences and Technology
Sexuality:
Hetero
Alignment: Good, Heroine

+ | Fiercely Loyal, Driven, Determined, Kind of Heart, Truthful
- | Impulsive, Naive, Sassy, Flirtatious

Interests
  • Animals (inc. anatomy, habitats, life cycles)
  • Undiscovered Music (exp. her playlists are devised of SoundCloud uploads and remixes.)
  • Fashion (exp. designers)
  • Olympic Sports (esp. archery, gymnastics)
  • Hiking, Mountain Climbing, Scuba Diving (a desire yet to be fulfilled)
Ability(ies)
Sinead has a very rare and powerful ability in which she can imitate the characteristics and traits of any animal within the animal kingdom. This requires knowledge of what the animal can do which sparked her desire to study animal sciences at college. Though unable to maintain animalistic traits for prolonged periods of time, Sinead has practiced honing her abilities over several years: the longest she's been able to maintain the ability is an hour and forty-five minutes for a high-school gymnastics meet. It seems the the category of the trait depends on how long she can maintain it: for example, physical traits such as the strength of a bull elephant or the flight of a hawk has a harsher impact on her energy levels but personal traits including the durability of a armored beetle and the speed of a cheetah are much easier to control. Sinead does not currently need a trigger or item of magical power to access her abilities and thus has only needed think of an animal to gain it's traits. However, there is a very severe downside to her ability and that is the fact that the longer she maintains a trait, the more likely it is for her to develop the characteristics of said animal: for example, the longer she maintains the nocturnal vision or agility of a cat, the more likely it is for her to be distracted by fast-moving objects or a ball of yarn.
So far, Sinead has imitated the following animals:
  • The flight of a hawk
  • The ability to breathe under water like a fish
  • The swimming ability of a dolphin
  • The speed of a cheetah
  • The echolocation of a bat
  • The constriction of an anaconda
  • The strength of a Bull Elephant (12 tons)
  • The strength of a Rhinoceros Beetle (around 65 tons)
  • The hearing, tracking and sense of a smell of a wolf
  • The agility of a spider monkey
  • The electrical absorption and debilitating shock of an electric eel
  • The rapid cellular regeneration of reptiles and earthworms
  • The body armor of an armored beetle
  • The nocturnal vision, sleeping habits, 'nine lives' and reflexes of a cat
  • The speed of a mantis shrimp (able to catch a bullet)
  • The kick of a horse
  • The protective hide of a Rhinoceros
  • The rage and intimidating roar of a lion
  • The eyesight of an eagle
  • The heat tolerance of a Pompeii Worm
  • The eloquence of a parrot
  • The playfulness of a kitten
  • The righteous anger of a mother bear
While seeming to have the potential to be an 'overpowered' character, Sinead can only imitate one animal at a time and a maximum of two traits from that same animal at any given time. She is still only human and is vulnerable to all things that would harm or fatally harm a human being; this also includes the speed to think and determine what animal would be best for split-second situation changes - which can also be classified as a limitation.
6e0ee8df-94e4-4cee-a9f7-b5bad554fdf6_zpse3710053.jpg
Origin Story
Growing up in a loving family home has made Sinead a very confident and well-mannered young woman. She is kind to others and genuinely enjoys spending time with her family; especially her mother. Though to an outsider they seem ordinary, Sinead's father is actually a 'Homo Magi,' a species of magical humanoids that resemble humans in every way bar their ability to use magic. Sinead's mother is a human and possess' no talents, extraordinary or otherwise. Sinead's parents initially thought that she would inherit her father's abilities but growing up, there were no signs of her possessing any magical capabilities. Unbeknownst to the family at the time (and now) Sinead's younger sister, Daphne, inherited their father's magical talents. Being that she is only seven years old, Daphne is unaware of the magic that she uses and has accidentally yet unknowingly altered the lives of others. It is because of her maturing mind that she cannot comprehend that she was the one that bestowed Sinead with her current abilities. Two years ago, Sinead had been playing with Daphne and attempting to get her to say the names of various animals using an encyclopedia; involuntarily using the enormous magical power within her, Daphne imbued all of the traits and characteristics of the animal kingdom upon her sister.
Villain
A fellow student at Sinead's college, Lionel Struthers is an only child. Having the majority of his abilities stripped at a young age has left him resentful of those that can do magic - and since he can see that Sinead's abilities stem from magic, he believes her to be a Homo Magi as well. Instead, it is her sister that he is after and in time, he will learn that - but for now, his sole purpose is to steal whatever magic Sinead possesses; which would ultimately be her animal imitation ability.
tumblr_m7fbd6qjLK1qjskbuo1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ch0sen1
I used Huntress' costume, I hope that's okay? It's seriously my favourite costume haha. :)

I used Huntress' costume, I hope that's okay? It's seriously my favourite costume haha. :)
I love you for doing that. I've been debating to use a Hero's costume as well but got scared to do so. You made me feel assured to do it for now XD

@Eclipse can you put what college she goes to? And sorry absolutely NO DC or Marvel things in my universe :/ (read the rules at the beginning) maybe if you find an Amalgam of the character or just look up some concept arts of female warriors. Your character is epic though!!

--FYI anyone who uses marvel or dc content is risking not getting accepted (Eclipse didn't know so it's no biggie)

@Eclipse can you put what college she goes to? And sorry absolutely NO DC or Marvel things in my universe :/ (read the rules at the beginning) maybe if you find an Amalgam of the character or just look up some concept arts of female warriors. Your character is epic though!!

--FYI anyone who uses marvel or dc content is risking not getting accepted (Eclipse didn't know so it's no biggie)
So costumes count oAo..
I'll try finding a similar costume for my character. If I can't I'm gonna give up QnQ

IF ANYONE NEEDS A ROUGE GALLERY OR EVEN HERO/VILLAIN OUTFITS FOR THEIR CHAR COME TO ME I HAVE A MASSIVE LIBRARY OF PICS. JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE IN MIND.

IF ANYONE NEEDS A ROUGE GALLERY OR EVEN HERO/VILLAIN OUTFITS FOR THEIR CHAR COME TO ME I HAVE A MASSIVE LIBRARY OF PICS. JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU HAVE IN MIND.
I... I NEED A VILLAIN BUT DONT HAVE A PROPER CONCEPT FOR MY POOR SHADE DETECTIVE.

What do you want your detective to look like? And villain?

What do you want your detective to look like? And villain?
Villain in particular.
I'm not picky. As long as he or she fits with my character to be a villain.

Honestly I cannot think of any concepts for the villain, which is probably why I'm so laid back about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.