Anyone up for a massive ORIGINAL superhero universe?

Which name do you like best for a Team Up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know this may be a little confusing, but my character is going to have an alter-ego of a woman, but he's really a dude.

If I were to explain it with examples, his "Peter Parker" identity is a girl, but his "Spider-Man" identity is a boy.

Reactions: Mosaic
...Does she/he transform or something? I've read a webcomic that has that, except going the opposite way.

No, its just using his semi-feminine appearance to hide himself. After all, the cops and the people he's fighting against will be looking for a boy, not a girl.

Think kind of an idea like what the main character in the how Cybersix does: woman in costume, man on the streets.

So, if I'm understanding this right, a relatively androgynous girl wears some kind of costume that covers aspects of her physique so she looks like a man?

I was totally gonna call you out on Cybersix.

That show does NOT get enough love.

I want my fucking season two, dammit.

So, if I'm understanding this right, a relatively androgynous girl wears some kind of costume that covers aspects of her physique so she looks like a man?

Its a little difficult to explain, but that's a close idea. She just figures that since people would be looking for a woman, she dresses up as a man. Personally, its a brilliant secret identity. Use your appearance to hide yourself. Brilliant.

I was totally gonna call you out on Cybersix.

That show does NOT get enough love.

I want my fucking season two, dammit.

I know, it was a great show. They are supposed to be releasing the full theme song soon, so maybe season 2 isn't far behind. The guy has spoken about continuing it.

he's spoken of that for like 20 years

i believe it when i see it

Well Netflix seems to like rebootig old shows, so maybe they'll help out.

---- MY CHARACTER ----​

Name:

Damien Petals

Blood Type:

AB

Height:

6'0"

Weight:

90 lbs

Senior at Mecca City High School; Member of the Baseball Team.

Sexuality:

Hetero (despite his alter-ego being female)

Alignment:

Good - Hero (more of a Vigilante)

Heroine/Villain/Anti-Hero name:

Black Rose

Traits:

Loyal, Honest, Compassionate, Intelligent, Adaptable, Straight-Fowards, Competitive

Flaws:

Reserved, Regretful, Shy, Highly Aggressive, Vengeful, a bit of a Loner, Emotionless (as Black Rose)

Interests:

Knowledge, Wisdom, Justice, Movies, Romance, Sports, Relaxation, Video Games, Dark Alleys, Revenge.

Appearance:

(Damien)

image.jpg

(Black Rose)

image.jpg

(Real Image of Black Rose's face)

image.jpg

Abilities:

• Enhanced Learning Ability - Thanks to the side effects of a failed science experiment performed at MEXCORP, Damien has miraculously gained the ability to learn things at incredible speeds. He can learn these things, and imitate them to near-perfection, by watching TV/Movies/Tutorial Videos, reading books/comics, and, of course, just practicing the technique over and over. He can learn most of these things and keep them stored away, within a matter of days since his exposure to whatever it is he's learning.

• Increased Physical Durability - A result of his constant physical training in various fields (combat, stamina, agility, etc), Damien has developed the ability to run faster, jump higher, be more light-footed for stealth missions, and is able to take quite the beating before he collapses from pain.

• Gadgets - What kind of dark, brooding vigilante hell-bent on avenging his parent(s) would Damien be if he didn't have his own slew of awesome gadgets? Among his collection, are a few grappling hooks, sharpened metal Roses (used as throwing knives or boomerangs to sabotage equipment/knock out foes. Some have special abilities and can disable electric devices, output a sonic signal to confuse enemies, or even explode), smoke bombs/gas grenades (complete with a portable gas-mask for himself), and a long steel quarter staff which he uses during combat situations.

Bio:

Damien Petals was born in the streets of Mecca City. His father never knew he had a son (his mother never told him), and Rose, his mother, was very poor. She was beautiful, though, both inside and out. Despite not having much, she always did her best to make sure Damien was well kept and raised into a fine young man. She worked multiple jobs to support her family, as did Damien. Even as a little boy, he would go around and perform odd-jobs for minor pay. Sometimes, he would get food or supplies instead of money, but he was grateful to receive anything. By the time Damien turned 8, his mother had grown very sick. It was a very rare heart-disease. The early stages were curable, but neither Damien or Rose had the money for surgery, so they were left without any options. In an act of desperation to try and get the money for an operation, Damien volunteered for a medical experiment being held at MEXCORP, a world-renowned business known for scientific discovery and advancement in multiple fields, including all kinds of technology.

The operation was relatively simple. They were going to test out a stimulation experiment that, if successful, could program the human brain the knowledge about nearly anything. The information was stored on a computer chip, which, thanks to the transferral device that had been created for the project, would convert its data into memories and thoughts, which would then be implanted into the brain much like how a program would be inserted into a hard drive. The experiment went along normally until a sudden lock-down of the underground laboratory forced the main power to shut off, making the electrical probes in his mind to go haywire before dying out. When the power came back on, the experiment was over and Damien was given his pay, only to discover that they cheated him. Before he could confront the head scientist, Dr. Gordon Greene, the source of the lock-down was revealed to him: a massive, mutated lizard, dripping with blood. As it turned out, the experiment he had participated in had been part of something called Project X2, which was trying to create powerful mutant super-soldiers for the army.

Narrowly escaping death at the hands of the mutant, Damien ran to his mother, terrified and traumatized by what he had just experienced. Before he could confide in her, Damien and Rose were abducted by men adorned in black suits. When Damien awoke, he realized that the men were employed by MEXCORP. Apparently they had realized he was the survivor of the mutant attack and, not wanting the public to know they were creating monsters, the CEO, Morrison Alexander, had demanded that they be interrogated. Morrison was a corrupt man, employed by the government (which government, he was not adverse to say), but he knew that if anyone blabbed about MEXCORP's secret operations or their involvement with such projects, then the company would be run into the ground.

When questioned by the men, Rose claimed she knew absolutely nothing about the attack while demanding to see Damien. Believing that she was lying, Morrison took to extreme measures and began to torture her, using powerful electrical shocks that slowly increased in power over time. Eventually, the shocks caused a horrific effect. Rose's disease had made her heart weak, but the electrical shocks kicked it into over-drive. When the machine reached 30 Volts, her heart exploded in her chest, killing her instantly. Damien had seen everything they had done and watched the bloody death of his mother as her chest actually gave-way, shooting a blast of blood across the room and coating the wall of the interrogation room. Rather then interrogate Damien, Morrison realized that the better alternative would just be to flat-out kill the boy. Shooting him three times in the chest, fatally wounding Damien, Morrison and his men left the abandoned building, setting it on fire as to destroy the evidence. When the fire department arrived and quelled the flames, Damien and his mother's corpse were both pulled from the wreckage.

Somehow, Damien survived the bullet wounds and was rushed to the hospital just in time for the doctors to save his life. Rose's body was brought to the morgue and a funeral was planned almost immediately after. While he recovered in the hospital, Damien discovered something incredible. Apparently, a side-effect of the experiment at MEXCORP had allowed him to learn things at an extremely fast rate by not only doing the acts, but also watching or reading about them. Just from watching the television in his hospital alone, Damien learned how to fluently speak French, break dance, and sing opera. He was released from the hospital the day of his mother's funeral, which he attended. Once she was buried, Damien vowed vengeance for her murder and declared that not only would Morrison Alexander pay for his crimes, but he would also bring down/expose MEXCORP's secret operations to the public.

Having nowhere left to go, but fearing that MEXCORP might find him again, Damien tracked down his father, Edward Fitzpatrick. His mother had spoken of him before and how she knew he never wanted children, so alerting him of an illegitimate-son was not something she could do to harm his life. But apparently, Edward's wife, Rachel, couldn't have children, so the Fitzgerald's welcomed Damien, into their home after they confirmed he was actually Edward's biological son. Believing he could trust his new family with the truth, Damien tried to explain how MEXCORP was actual corrupt and creating biologically engineered monsters. When nobody would believe him, Damien was "reminded" that his mother died in a house fire after a local gang broke into the house and shot Damien. Obviously, MEXCORP had created a cover-story to hide their involvement, which made Damien increasingly vengeful towards the company. His father believed that it was only the trauma that was talking, but did his best to console his son. While trying to determine the best way to expose the truth about MEXCORP, Damien came across some old comic books from when his father was a child. Taking a sudden interest in the world of superheros rising up and fighting against the corrupt, Damien decided that he would devise an alternate identity and attack MEXCORP as a vigilante superhero.

For the next 6 years, Damien used his advanced learning-capacity to his advantage, learning from the comic books he read. He also practiced any fighting styles he could find, world languages and accents, and even things like sewing, medical practices, and the development of technology. By the time he was 14, Damien had mastered nearly every combat style known to man, learned the most advanced medical procedures (and how to practice them on himself at home with very few supplies), and had created an alter-ego for himself. Taking his mother's name, he would use her very existence to haunt Morrison and his company. Knowing that once attacked, MEXCORP would be looking for the man responsible. So, using his appearance and a newly acquired knowledge for cosmetics and make-up, Damien created himself a female face for the alias of "Black Rose". Mysterious, alluring, and deadly, Damien decided that this "femme fatale" would be his way of not only avenging his mother, but also to protect the innocent from MEXCORP's sinister and demented experiments.

Last edited:
I thought you'd said it was a girl dressing up to look like a guy. Also, the dark purple is really hard to read.

I did, but I changed it.

And I'll edit the purple.

Is this still going on or did it die?

it is. you need to get a group invite from ch0sen1. we are posting in the group thread.

Well, looks like I wasn't accepted then. Well, later everyone.

Its five posts above this. Its the sheet for Black Rose

Its five posts above this. Its the sheet for Black Rose
Ok I see it now, but you have two main characters. You may only have one and then make the other a NPC/Supporting character

What do you mean one main character? The girl is the same person as the guy (its his alter ego)

Status
Not open for further replies.