Anyone know what made this hole?

F

Fate

Original poster
Okay peoples, I have a question. Does anyone know what kind of animal makes a hole like this?

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

Recently an animal has been digging a hole near the edge of my house and I'm really curious about it since my family and I have no idea what kind of animal it is. We filled the hole in yesterday and when I came home from school it was back again. So if anyone has any kind of idea, please tell me.

Weird.

Got any dogs around?

Might be an armadillo.

I highly doubt it is an armadillo since I live in Indiana.

As for the dogs, while some do live on either side of my house, neither dog is small enough nor really has any kind of motive to make that kind of hole. I also don't think either dog would be able to remove brick from the side of the house as it digs.

I recognize that hole. There's one like that underneath my porch. It was dug by either a ground hog or a skunk. During their time around humans they've come to realize that sometimes if they dig near the foundation they can sometimes get into the spaces underneath the house so they don have to dig out an entire burrow.

actually the dead is right...i have had that happen a few times in the past year since i live in a woodsy area its common for me...i have found that if you have a trap around ((a non deadly one)) and fill it with stuff you can see what it is ((if a squirrel doesnt get caught first)) then call animal control to have them release the animal ((where i live its a fine and possible community service if you do it yourself))

You both are probably right. Thanks for the info.

Unicorn hoof.

BEARS.

No just kidding.

It could be a badger! D:
BE CAREFUL IF IT IS! They may seem cute, but those bast-rds are EVIL.

PURE EVIL.

...and kinda scary.....

Mittens is right, Badgers are assholes. They dont give a fuck.

Mittens is right, Badgers are assholes. They dont give a fuck.

honey badgers are the shit. they will kick your ass and still not give a fuck