Anyone Know the Exact Dimensions Required for Uploaded Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about uploading a file into a post using the 'Upload A File' button, then it seems to be a file size limit rather than a picture dimensions limit. See how I was able to upload a plain white image that's 5000x5000 pixels large? That one is about 331 KB file size. It wouldn't let me upload an image that was 600x1200 and 1.3 MB. It was okay with some a bit over 1 MB large though. Not sure where the cut off is, exactly. I would suggest not using this upload function at all unless you're wanting to include an image like the one in my post, with the Attached Files box. If you want to put them directly into your post, it's better to upload them to an image hosting site (Imgur is free and easy to use) and then use the 'Insert edit image' button up near the buttons for text formatting on a post, because that lets you embed an image of any size that the hosting site will allow.

If you meant the limits for an avatar rather than an image in a post, I have no idea and am less inclined to mess around testing that. Someone else who knows the answer might pop in shortly if that's what you were after.

Attachments

• 5k by 5k.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 4
I meant exactly what you described, Jorick, and I thank you profusely. I will be sure to put this information to good use, Lord Finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.