Anyone have one of "those" characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that was LONG before I knew about GitS. I was like, 7 when I made him.

He was a LEGO Agents OC.

I may make the change of him as a GitS OC, that would be cool.
Heck yeah.

Just from your posing alone I know you and me share a common interest in GitS and Fate/Stay and its cannon.

Totes maybe should start something some time.

Actually, a group RP based around Fate/Stay would be pretty nifty. It would be a big project though.

Reactions: Minerva
Heck yeah.

Just from your posing alone I know you and me share a common interest in GitS and Fate/Stay and its cannon.

Totes maybe should start something some time.

Actually, a group RP based around Fate/Stay would be pretty nifty. It would be a big project though.

I've been in several Fate/ RPs, and run one.

They're hard to get organized.

But yeah! Let's do something involving one of these sometime!

I've been in several Fate/ RPs, and run one.

They're hard to get organized.

Absolutely! I'll type some stuff out on the back burner in my notepads and whenever we get ready to do it I can just copy and paste the ideas. We will have to just make sure the mechanics work and I am sure that the rest will fall into place.

Reactions: Minerva
Back when I started on Gaia Online I had a few that were silly. But they were never serious.

Like the half-vampire-werewolf that liked his steaks rare.

Or the werewolf that spent his days in a tavern lounging on a couch interacting with the supernatural clientele.

Or there was the human who's only talent was kicking things in the groin really hard.

Back when I started on Gaia Online I had a few that were silly. But they were never serious.
I still have mad love for GaiaOnline...

Like the half-vampire-werewolf that liked his steaks rare.

Or the werewolf that spent his days in a tavern lounging on a couch interacting with the supernatural clientele.

Or there was the human who's only talent was kicking things in the groin really hard.
The groin kick is absurd. But then again..

I've made god-Mod weapons to fght off godmodders. The Hammer of Ultimate Banning, The Red Card which is based on the Eject Button on pokemon. Simply hand them the card and slap them to return them to "out of the rp universe from whence they came".

I have issues.

Reactions: Windsong
I don't think I do, but you never know

A PRINCESS WHOSE ENTIRE PLANET WAS DESTROYED AND SHE HAD MAGICAL POWERS AND ESCAPED TO EARTH TO HIDE AND WAS LOLSOANGRYRANDOMCRAZY AND THEN BECAME AN FBI AGENT AND DATED THE HIGHLANDER AND WAS BEAUTIFUL BUT DIDN'T KNOW IT AND ALL THE MEN WERE IN LOVE WITH HER.

I regret nothing.
Ha that sounds something similar to what a friend of mine had well slightly similar anyway. Had an entire world that she carried around her backpack and was the ruler over and her word was reality and law of that. Best part were the deer that shot laser's from their eyes and were the most deadly predator on the planet. Hmm now that I type that really only the princess and planet thing is the same, oh and dating a hot guy and having several people in love with her. I kind of miss it, mostly the really ridiculous wild life.

Seven years ago. I was role playing earlier than that, but I dunno if any evidence of it still exists.

It's probably for the best that it doesn't. Believe it or not, I was even worse then, than in the above link. I remember making a character who I thought was totally balanced because he had a power move that allowed him to kill any target of his choosing in exchange for sacrificing a limb. A limb he could then immediately grow back by consulting a healer.

Then I learned about power curves some couple years later and felt like a complete fucking lunatic.

It's why I'm not hard on new people, or people who are patently or blatantly worse than me. All it takes is remembering that Legend of Renalta's second incarnation still exists and that, for some god forsaken reason, I once thought that was quality writing. All new people need is a chance to grow. Maybe I can't provide it, but I'm certainly not going to bully them for being worse than me... Even if a failure to do basic mathematics does aggravate me. :ferret:

• Thank You
Reactions: Darog and Dervish

Yeah, never had a particularly embarrassing OC either. First one wasn't really all that inspired and I outright stole several ideas from stuff I liked in making him, but I think that's pretty much the course for most 13 year olds who are starting roleplaying.

Huh. Whenever I saw the name "Legend of Renalta", I always pictured a straight fantasy thing, but looking at this link, everything looks so animu.

I suppose it has changed since then, yes?
Plenty. As I grew up, Legend of Renalta "grew up" with me. The original, when it finally got its four year success run, was a classic "rebel against authority figures" teenage fantasy thing. Legend of Renalta 2 is far more grey and political, and even the ultimate evil that the players are facing is less "evulz" and more "nature's a cruel mistress" kind of evil.

It just doesn't hurt to have that example tucked away in my pocket. Typically sends a lot of people for a loop that Legend of Renalta and all of its complexity started out as an extremely generic and poorly written animu-fantasy hybrid thing.

Reactions: Darog
Oh another thing I tended to do with 'those' and even some non 'those' characters was make them super popular everyone had to love them or be in love with them and I think I used to do that because I really felt like if anyone didn't like them or wasn't into them then they were a worthless character and a failure. I was really young during that time but I really did think that everyone had to love them or find them attractive or I didn't make a good character and should scrap them.

More on topic it is really fun and cringeworthy going back and thinking of all the characters I made when I was little.

Seven years ago. I was role playing earlier than that, but I dunno if any evidence of it still exists.

It's probably for the best that it doesn't. Believe it or not, I was even worse then, than in the above link. I remember making a character who I thought was totally balanced because he had a power move that allowed him to kill any target of his choosing in exchange for sacrificing a limb. A limb he could then immediately grow back by consulting a healer.

Then I learned about power curves some couple years later and felt like a complete fucking lunatic.

It's why I'm not hard on new people, or people who are patently or blatantly worse than me. All it takes is remembering that Legend of Renalta's second incarnation still exists and that, for some god forsaken reason, I once thought that was quality writing. All new people need is a chance to grow. Maybe I can't provide it, but I'm certainly not going to bully them for being worse than me... Even if a failure to do basic mathematics does aggravate me. :ferret:
Role/Profession: Princess of the now dead Royal Family.

...I never knew that's a legit job. :O

I managed to find my first ever OC:
Some officer in the Sith empire.

It was a Star Wars RP, with some stupid shit about Sith and Jedi coming to Earth. Everyone on the sith side made a badass sith warrior with anger issues, I just made a naval officer.....

I guess some things never change.

Literally, a bunch of the other Sith players were fighting each-other for dominance, my first post was along the lines of; "The sith are killing each other? To fucking bad, I have a ship to run."

IF I WANT TO PLAY A SEXY, MISUNDERSTOOD DEMON, I FUCKING WILL (and do).

But hmm. I don't think I've ever been a part of the mixed breed fad. o__o I should make a half-vampire, half-demon, half-werewolf, half-shark (because why not sharks?) demi-god. I will name him/her Eos. Yes. This is good plan.

Reactions: Kakumei
My very first roleplaying character. She was half angel and half fairy, and adopted every kid that came her way. Fortunately I'm extremely creative and managed to transform her from a ditzy flirt to the general of an angel army. She was pretty bad ass by the time I was finished with her, even though her beginnings were majorly screwed up.

Haha... the half breeds!!

I think i've probably only had half human, half SOMETHING characters. I didn't get too nuts with it. But I did play ever so angsty characters, and dark brooding ones who did nothing but complain, brood, and flirt.... haha... Such were teenage hormones. xD

Oh now that I think about I had one that was one of 'those' and an accidental rip off of another character I've had at least two accidental rip off characters those in my opinion feel worse when you realize what they are or when you finally catch up to the fandom you made them for and find out your idea was exactly or closely to what the writers were thinking. Make a character with a half brother who doesn't know they are related and the character protects from the shadows, character in fandom has a sister/half sister that doesn't know they are related and tries to watch from the shadows. Make a character that has memory loss and looking for a long lost brother, character in the fandom has memory loss of the exact same amount and finds out they had a long lost brother. Then couple that accident with one of those and oh boy you got one heck of a mess on your hands.

Never that bad.

The worse I got was a character back on the Guild (pre-wipe, so I can't link back to it) who had the abilities...

-> Casted/Manipulated Air, Fire and Lightning
-> Master Use of a Sword
-> Shape Shifted into Giant Tigers, Hawks and Dragons

Yes this was me basically ripping off Fire Emblem and going "I'M ALL THE CLASSES!!!".
*Calls dibs on Gilgamesh*
I managed to find my first ever OC:
Some officer in the Sith empire.

It was a Star Wars RP, with some stupid shit about Sith and Jedi coming to Earth. Everyone on the sith side made a badass sith warrior with anger issues, I just made a naval officer.....

I guess some things never change.

Literally, a bunch of the other Sith players were fighting each-other for dominance, my first post was along the lines of; "The sith are killing each other? To fucking bad, I have a ship to run."
This reminds me of a character my friend from High School played in the Star Wars Universe RP I used to admin.

We hit a point where almost all of us had became Jedi's or Jacked up Cyborgs.
Meanwhile he's just walking around as a Selkath with a Pistol, trying to get shit done in a way that wasn't "LOL! Check out my force powers and sword skills!".

We do not speak of my early OCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.