Anyone Afraid of Heights?

RANDOM POLL (because who doesn't love polls?)

• HEIGHTS? D:

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • HEIGHTS! :D

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Heights :/

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Is that bridge safe? >_>

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Obligatory unrelated option.

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That bridge looks amazing.

I would be horribly nervous if I were on it, though. I'm so afraid of heights. Can't even get on a step stool without getting anxious. For some reason I just prefer my feet to be on the ground all the time.

Depends. Being high up freaks me out a bit, but not if I'm standing on something like a bridge, because then I still feel like I'm on the ground... if that makes sense. Anything that just doesn't feel secure (even if I consciously know that it should be) is what makes me uneasy. Rock climbing in high school gym class was just about the worst experience. I normally only ever made it about two steps off the ground but holy shit did it feel a lot higher than that. I knew that I would be in no danger of falling even if I made it to the top, but... yeah, still terrifying. >.<

Also, the very sensation of falling is a definite no-no. I can't stand roller-coasters for that exact reason.

This particular bridge though... I dunno. Just the thought of it being glass (which just doesn't sound like the sturdiest material in the world) might freak me out a bit with the doesn't-feel-secure thing, even though I know that it's obviously designed to hold people's weight and that it won't be breaking anytime soon. I think that's what would get me a lot more than the transparency element.

I really like heights. When I'm high up I can't help but stare down. It's so amazing. Also. I used to do rockclimbing as a kid a lot. And I loved the sensation of falling when you jumped off on top and the rope is elastic and for a moment you just fall. =D

That bridge looks really cool!!

Someone dropped a steel mug on it and a glass panel cracked. True story, people started panicking and running off the bridge. China pls.

151007125213-yuntaishan-china-glass-walkway-cracks-exlarge-169.jpg

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Hana
Status
Not open for further replies.