Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
I am always trying to sneak better and healthier habits into my routine, especially now that I am old enough to get new and scary health issues. U,U Recently I started going walkies for 20 mins in the morning everyday on a treadmill and it's been helping me sleep better which is really nice. Eventually I want to evolve into jogging. But that might take awhile ahem.

Now I want to add 10 mins of yoga to that routine because it's good for staying flexible and taking a few minutes to clear your mind. I definitely need more relaxing stretchy time in my daily rituals. Ó◇Ò

Do YOU do the yoga? Do you have a mat or go to a class? What is your favorite routine? Do you have any cool youtube people or guides you could recommend for me to try?

My oldest has been doing yoga every morning and I didn't even notice that he was doing the snail one along with a few others until one of his teachers sent an assignment for him to do. that or he believes he's a snail, idk

snail.png

I honestly just thought that he was being weird.

So I'm now also in the same boat as you. If it helps him, I'd gladly start doing it as well for the bonding experience. I can hear my joints creaking already. :p

Gonna watch this thread in case someone more useful comes along.

Reactions: Diana
I want to do Goat Yoga to be honest. They also have cat yoga. ...cause animals, fuck yoga.

My oldest has been doing yoga every morning and I didn't even notice that he was doing the snail one along with a few others until one of his teachers sent an assignment for him to do. that or he believes he's a snail, idk
I choose to believe the latter and appreciate him.

I don't do yoga per se but I try to incorporate some stretches into my daily mini-workout and I really recommend ones aimed toward back health. A lot of people (probably myself included sometimes) can let their posture do crazy things and cause themselves a lot of pain!

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana and Monbon
Down Dog is a set of yoga apps that have gone free during the pandemic. They've got a pretty solid 'Yoga For Beginners' app that gives you guided routines with visual demonstrations of what to do.

(Yes I like yoga, fuck you it's relaxing)

I do yoga! I teach too! :D So beautiful and relaxing!

Got any tips for people starting out, teach? Or dos and donts? Or should we just wing it? :p

Got any tips for people starting out, teach? Or dos and donts? Or should we just wing it? :p

One of the biggest tips I'd relay to those of you just starting is that there is no right or wrong way to do yoga. Go with your flow and listen to your body. Are you feeling pain when you stretch your arms far out? Consider dialing back that arm stretch. Do you feel like only doing child's pose the entire duration of the hour? Then do child's pose!

Also, blocks! Blocks are amaaazing at helping you balance and keep your body in alignment! If you don't have yoga blocks, stack some hard back books on one another! Blocks do not mean that you're doing something wrong or you're weak— I use blocks all the time for my practice!

Yoga is not about being right, being wrong, it's about unity and connection with yourself and others. Youtube has amazing beginner yoga videos, so I'd check those out if you're just getting started and are uncertain where to look! :D

Watch some guides, download some apps if that's your scene. Invest in a half decent yoga mat (makes a massive difference compared to flopping about on the ground), and don't forget that cushions can be handy too. And don't push yourself too hard at first. Guys who've been doing yoga a while can do crazy fucking stretches whilst making it look easy: new folks can either get disheartened or push too hard and wind up hurting themselves. It's about the routine and the habit, that's where you'll see the benefits.

• Useful
Reactions: Monbon
i do a cheeky bit of yoga when i get round to it. tai chi too!