1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Any Triathloners Out There?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Parson, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Just as the title says! Anybody out there participate in triathlons?

It'll be a while before I even consider signing up for one, but I'm interested in equipment suggestions, training methods, and other things like that to get started in the right direction. I've been a cyclist for a long time now, so cycling training isn't something I'm having issues with: it's the running and swimming. Those two things I know only a little about.

To me, running is just moving one foot in front of the other at a quicker pace than walking. That's it. But I've watched triathlons, especially the Olympics, and there's a science behind it. Posture, gate, pace, everything. Just like cycling where you have to have a proper fit, position, cadence, gear choice, etc. I imagine the same goes with swimming.

So... I'm all ears for suggestions! :-)