Any one play Nationstates here?

Gunna raise taxes so hippies can make special pizza!

This will either boost or maybe destroy the economy..

[h=5]The Issue[/h] Papa Pallocci's Pizza Pagoda, Vandoosa's top pizza delivery chain, has unveiled a new "Leviathan Size" deep-dish pizza. Citizens and health experts alike have come to you raising concerns over the health implications of this new pizza.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "This is a public health travesty," says Elizabeth O'Bannon, a noted nutrition expert. "There is just no sensible reason for a pizza this big to exist! It encourages overeating which leads to obesity and all of the illnesses that go with it! It's clear that these companies aren't going to do the right thing without prodding. Obviously, the government needs to ban this greasy filth and make restaurants include nutritional information on all of their menu items!"
  2. "But the temptation – the temptation is still there!" cries morbidly obese health advocate Margaret Obama. "For years, I ate every kind of junk food imaginable. Just look at me now! Doctors tell me I've shaved twenty years off my life at least. This food is deadly, and we shouldn't tolerate it any more! All fast food restaurants should be banned, and their owners forced to pay reparations to their victims."
  3. "That's preposterous!" replies Mary Lee, Head of Papa Pallocci's Public Relations division. "Our food is among the healthiest in Vandoosa! We offer an array of fresh veggies and the finest of meats. These radicals are calling for the government to intervene, but is it really the government's job to babysit our customers like that? They're big boys and girls, and it should be up to them to decide what they want to eat! They want pizza, so let them have pizza!"
  4. "Hey, man. I have an idea," says Pete Nagasawa, an aging hippie, barely suppressing a giggle. "This is all about healthy food, right? My bros and I were thinking about selling this pizza with locally grown organic ingredients and whole grains and stuff, right? It'd be good for you AND the planet, man. The only snag is we're a little short on start-up moolah. The government should totally, like, give us money to open our chain. We'd really appreciate it. Yeah, you'd need a tax hike to pay for it, but we'd totally save the world – with pizza, man!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

The Issue

In a bid to provide a new revenue stream for Cielsia's Beef-Based Agriculture industry, it has been suggested that Cygnets could be added to the menu.

The Debate

"The fact is, the Cygnet population is out of control," says Beef-Based Agriculture spokesperson Hope Silk. "We have to do something about them anyway, so why not market them as tasty snacks? We could have Cygnet kebabs, Cygnet pies, Cygnet-on-a-sticks--the possibilities are endless! Let's not pass up this golden opportunity to provide a feast, if you will, for our economy."

"I agree that something needs to be done about Cygnet over-population," says random passer-by Clint Ciel, "but eating them? That's kind of gross. Let's just shoot the ones we have to and shovel their bodies into ditches like normal."

"I am shocked and appalled!" declared SPCA President Beth Cruz. "If anyone needs to be culled, it's us humans. The Cygnets were here first, remember? We need to take this as a sign to get our industry--agriculture in particular--to back off. The Cygnet is part of what makes Cielsia a great nation!"

My citizens are morons.

Isabellas just want all the cute Hispanic girls to keep multiplying!

[h=5]The Issue[/h] The highly moral and religious pressure group 'Cuckolds And Cuckqueans Anonymous' has lobbied for the criminalisation of adultery.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "Whatever happened to the sanctity of marriage?" asks George W. Hanover while wearing a T-shirt bearing the slogan 'Marriage is for life, not just for anniversaries'. "Whatever happened to lifelong companionship? Whatever happened to simple faithfulness because of love?! Adultery seems to be more of a hobby than anything these days! The government must impose the utmost punishments on those who commit this sin. A good old-fashioned stoning should sort it!"
  2. "I don't agree with adultery either," says Don de Groot, a passer-by. "But, uh... stoning? You don't think that's a little extreme? If we find someone guilty of fornication we can just lock them up in jail. That way no-one gets killed and the sinners get justice. It's more expensive to the tax payers than a stoning of course, but I reckon it's worth it."
  3. "With the greatest of respect, this is none of your business!" yells Erica Harishchandra who is rumoured to have had more than a thousand lovers and even more children. "The government has no right to go about trying to dictate the laws of love and romance! Marriages break down, people move on - is it really the government's place to make people stay put? You must recognise the fact that the law has no place within the bedroom!"

Leading causes of death in The 50 Shades of Cerulean: Old Age at 96%

Acts of God at the remaining 4%

Only a God can take us. Muhahhaahahahahahahahahahah

Awww.. all the Nuclear bomb issues are gone.. though if anyone is interesting Vandoosa is making nuclear bombs and selling them to other nations now! Get yours today!

*Hordes all his nukes*

Can we actually buy your nukes, or is that just some bs you're saying?

It's a joke! About the issue Isabellas got yesterday that now got lost.. *shakes a fist at the evil bastard that made this like groundhog day*

All so new fact book entry for Vandoosa:

"I forgot to put red circles on my cheeks! What do I do?"

Contact local military officer on Skype to receive a swat with a news paper.Skype contact : Isabella Hime
Or register an account here
http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/forum.phpand
Go here: New Arrivals & Departures
Post a thread saying you forgot red circles and Isabellas need to swat you!

Not sure if this will get new members to ever want to join Iwaku but they will get a laugh at least...

The Issue

Due to the ongoing wars in neighboring countries, a recent rash of illegal immigrants have been caught at the borders of Irodios, prompting many citizens to call for tighter immigration laws.

The Debate

Rochelle Song of the Irodios National Purity League says "These illegal aliens are just an eyesore with their strange customs and funny languages. Uneducated immigrants like these only worsen crime and steal valuable jobs! I say we should boot them all out on their ears and put a big fence around the country!"

Mark McKay of the Irodios Civil Liberties Union says "We must welcome these refugees from any nation into our open arms, they are fleeing one oppressive dictatorial regime in the only way they know, we must not let them think they're jumping from the frying pan into the fire!"

"Hold on there, hold on people!" says Robin Falopian of the Irodios Broadcasting company, "We don't have to take either extreme, all we have to do is make a TV game show out of it! We put deadly obstacles on the border and monitor it with television cameras! Those that make it across win freedom and citizenship, and those who don't, well, let's just say that our buzzards won't starve. We could call it 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?'!"

.........what?

[edit]Instant Karma...I'll leave this one to you guys:

The Issue

An organized crowd of leather-clad individuals, some of whom are on leashes, are protesting against discrimination for those who share their interests.

The Debate

1. "We happen to express our love differently, with different hobbies and activities," explains BDSM enthusiast Charles Love, while wearing needle-sharp spiked heels and holding a whip. "Shops exist to cater to the needs of 'normal' people, but do you have ANY idea how hard it is to get a quality whip? A little support for our hobbies would be appreciated!"

2. "Yeah," exclaims Maria Hanover, another enthusiast, wearing nothing but a collar, "and like other couples, we want the right to display our affection in public. If Master wants to take me walkies in public, he should be able to."

3. Barack McKay dissents wholeheartedly. "This is not about showing affection--this is about moral decency. Think of the children, for God's sake! Think of the children! We must criminalize and eliminate this perversion to keep them safe. Which of course means a special task force to track down and capture these cretins!"

HAAA!!!

This country Ammar is in the The UNITED ISLAMIC NATIONS region...

Thought the results of their latest issue was funny in the way of being a huge stereotype!

12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ammar, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Ammar to be bombproof.

Scratch what I said before.

Leading cause of death: Old age with 100%.

Not even god can take us. We just get bored and move on to the next existence. xD

Everything I do makes my Nation WORSE?! D:

Even if I think they are good ideas! TT.TT'' I guess I wouldn't be such a great leader like I thought I would... -scratches becoming Prime Minister off her bucket list- It's a sad day... xD

Isabellas killed political freedoms by mistake.. banning elections makes you a dictator for some reason..

[h=5]There Isabellas decided not to be a godless heathen for a day!

The Issue[/h] During the construction of a new Hyper-Mega-Ultra-Super Mall, construction workers have unearthed what appears to be an ancient temple. A furious debate has arisen between those who wish to preserve it, and those who need their retail therapy.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "This is the perfect opportunity to learn more of our nation's history!" says Professor Steffan Brown, head of the archaeological department of the Vandoosa History Museum. "All building work must be halted immediately so that my team can study this remarkable piece of our nation's past. To bury these ruins under some concrete eyesore would be criminal!"
  2. "It's all very nice to get to know some more about our past," argues foreman Gertie Barry. "But that's just the thing! It's the past! We must think of the future. If you allow those decrepit fossils to take over this place, you put at risk the future of our economy! Today it's archaeological digs, tomorrow it's 'preservation of the environment'. Just let me bulldoze the worthless pile of rubble and bury it under a few hundred tonnes of concrete."
  3. "Behold, the hour has arrived! The Holy Temple of Firefury Amahira has been unearthed!" proclaims Yon-Zhauryg v'Klot, leader of the Cult of the Undead Eastern Box Turtle. "This land is sacred, and must not be befouled by these corporations! No-one but the enlightened children of Firefury must be allowed to venture inside our rediscovered sanctuary, where we will perform the required rituals to please the Great Goddess and prevent Her from unleashing Her wrath upon the world."

[h=5]The Government Position[/h] The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 3.

10 hours ago: The Queendom of The Empire of Our Lady Nasrin ceased to exist.

Who ever owns this country must reactivate it! If you do not log in at least every 20 days your country disappears! but lucky you can reactivate it though and lost nothing!

Just passed law to ban clowns. Cause those freaks should get real jobs and stop playing dress up.

Oh, I forgot to post here. My nation is the Commonweath of Camevilla.

I recently banned cars. HIPPIE NATION FTW

[h=5]Need to add more religion! Vandoosa all most ran out..

The Issue[/h] High ranking officials and devout followers of a major religion have requested that the government close down retail stores during the Sabbath in accordance to their religious views.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "It's written in our sacred texts that our Creator took the seventh day for rest, and so should we!" says Sophie King, a devout follower of a major religion. "To work on the Sabbath is an insult to our Creator, and I think the last thing Vandoosa needs is eternal damnation. Shut down all retail stores for the Sabbath! Besides, who wants to work then anyway?"

2. "I'm afraid that's not going far enough," adds Finlay Peters, a high-ranking official in the Synod of Zealous Religious Fanatics. "This shouldn't apply to just retail stores. Everything must be shut down! Hospitals, government agencies, police, and other emergency services. Sure, it'll be dangerous and likely cause some death, but saving our souls from eternal damnation should be our priority. Vandoosa must do all it can to appease the almighty Creator."
  3. "You're not really going to listen to what these nutjobs are proposing, are you?" asks Sarah Eliot, your atheist economic adviser. "Think about the damage this would cause to the economy. Isn't that more important than appeasing a few nuts? If anything, we should be requiring that all retail stores remain open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Just think of all that unlimited shopping time!"
  4. Slacker blogger Violet King, still in pajamas and eating a pizza slice on a ratty couch, sends you a video chat invitation. "Dude, why not just give everybody shorter work weeks? Make flex time, telecommuting, and 35-hour work weeks mandatory for all us working folk. Trust me, the people will love you for it man!"
[h=5]The Government Position[/h] The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.

All so:

Vandoosa is ranked 3rd in Glorious Nations of Iwaku and 15,008th in the world for Most Authoritarian, with 1.57 Stalins.