Any one play Nationstates here?

Apparently, giving citizens freedoms and running a strong country makes me a "left-leaning college state."

Who knew? Inoffensive Centrist" must be the "True Neutral" of NS..

Yea it is! Had that for a while too.. There was a picture that shows all the types and where they are..

no longer father knows best...8( DAMN YOU CORRUPT OFFICIALS! I WILL KILL YOU ALL! DEATH BY ERMAGERD!

So this happened:

the psych wards are overflowing with transsexuals.

[h=5]The Issue[/h] After years of costly military build-up, the military now has a state of readiness capable of responding to all threats, both foreign and domestic. There is extensive debate among government officials, the military, and the average citizen over what, if anything, should be done with this powerful asset.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "No one even thinks to look at us funny now," says Field Marshall Lionel Mandrake as he taps a swagger stick against his hip. "So think about how they'd act when the military is in proper charge of the country? We'd say jump, and they'd jump, by jingo. Oh, and if you don't agree with me, consider this a coup."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.
  2. "There's no point in having a military this size when our closest adversary has a water pistol strapped to a scooter and calls it an armoured brigade," says noted economist Evan Nguyen. "Besides, the military's been getting uppity with all its funding anyway. Slash its budget, sell off its surplus, and put the money into tax relief and... of course... maintaining all those contractors. Sure, they won't make tanks anymore but they can sure make plenty of commemorative plates with all that money!"
  3. "The military is too powerful!" cries famous peacenik Elvis Gandhi, smelling of petrol and holding a Zippo in one hand. "All those tanks and bombs threaten us and the environment - we're number one, and someone's gonna try and take us down because of it! The people are tired of eating grass soup so the army can get another stealth ICBM launching flamethrower tank. Cut military funding and rebuild our schools, hospitals, welfare, and environment... or else!" Upon which he flips open the lid of the lighter threateningly.
  4. "Everyone's got it all wrong," says Sean Fellow, leader of the Vandoosa Libertarian Party. "We need the military now to support our economy but we can't let it get out of control. I say we privatise it and divvy it up between several corporations, and make it self-funding... it sounds radical but taxes will drop, the people will be happy, and we get to keep our military strength to show Johnny Foreigner what's what! Everyone wins! As long it's in the corporations' best interests to protect the country though, I suppose..."
[h=5]The Government Position[/h] The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.

Want to make the military as powerful as possible!

[h=5]The Issue[/h] A group of holidaymakers from Vandoosa have been arrested while visiting the scenic, yet corrupt and totalitarian, nation of Maxtopia on charges of drug trafficking - an offence which carries the maximum sentence of the death penalty. The story has provoked outrage from citizens, many believing the government should intervene to bring the tourists back home.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "Everyone knows what barbarians those Maxtopians are!" says Ruby Bush, parent to one of the arrestees. "They've not even allowed my son and his friends access to lawyers! That government is as corrupt as they are cruel, my boy would never have anything to do with drugs! You need to do something to save them, I'm begging you! I'm sure the Maxtopian officials will back down if you threaten trade sanctions or something. Right?"
  2. "You've got to see it from the other side," argues Falala Love, a customs official. "While it's unfortunate that the sentence is so stiff, they really shouldn't have been smuggling drugs. I'm sure we wouldn't be happy if Maxtopians came over here with banned goods. I just can't sympathise: they were greedy, they broke the law, they got caught. What makes them so special that they should be bailed out? At the taxpayers' expense I might add. Let them be - it'll show we respect the judicial rights of other countries."
  3. "I agree," chimes in Efthamia Washington, an anti-drug campaigner, waving a banner which reads 'Don't Be a Fool, Drugs Aren't Cool'. "Did you ever stop to think that our foreign neighbours might have the right idea? A zero-tolerance attitude to the drugs issue is what this country needs! Death to the dealers!"
  4. "You people are so quick to lay the finger of blame," says Robin Licorish, an ambassador at Vandoosa's embassy in Maxtopia. "My motto has always been 'If you want something, give something away'. It is the government's duty to protect its citizens from harm! We don't want to cause too much international friction by making a mockery of their laws so we've got to settle things more diplomatically: they scratch our backs now and we'll scratch theirs later."
  5. "That's what they want! Leverage!" hollers Rebecca James, your Minister of Defence, storming into your office. "Advances in our markets, political favours - they'll do anything to undermine us! They've always hated us, those rats! If you ask me, this brouhaha isn't about drugs - it's a spit in our eye, that's what it is! What kind of people execute kids for having a few ounces on them? We ought to give them a good bombing, then they'll know how a proper country behaves!"

[h=5]The Government Position[/h] The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 5.

It sure is fun bombing things!

the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed.

Reminds me of something out of Futurama.

Death spire needs endorsements my friends! Help you mostly friendly neighbourhood superpower!

Wahahaha

Irongarb has just signed legislature to allow government controlled prostitution : )

Nations run better when sex can be bought!

After the capture and trial of notorious rapist Henry Taiden, who was convicted of the rape of over 50 women in the past two years a debate has emerged on how he should be punished.
The Debate

"That psychopath should be castrated," says rape victim advocate Jessica Li, "That's the only punishment that can ensure the agony he put those women through will never be repeated. Additionally, it will provide some small measure of justice to the victims, and ensure that the other monsters out there think twice before attacking women! Why protect the offenders? They gave up their rights when they decided to destroy the lives of others!"

REALLY? Even online there is a fucking drought!

[h=5]The Issue[/h] Vandoosa has been hit with the worst drought in a hundred years; as a result thirsty citizens and a growing number of brown lawns are pleading for a government response.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "We have no choice but to ration water," says Klaus Plath, Chief of the Vandoosa City Department of Public Works. "We can't afford to let what little water we have slip through our fingers. We must clamp down on how much water each person is allowed to use. If our more wasteful citizens complain because they'll have to actually think about how much water they pour down the drain, all the better for the rest of us."

2. "You think too small," sighs Foreign Secretary Robin Cohen, between sips from a sparkling bottle of gourmet dihydrogen monoxide. "Vandoosa may be short on water, but the rest of Glorious Nations of Iwaku has water to spare! Why not just import the water from abroad? Sure, it'll cost money, but what's worth more to the people of Vandoosa, a little tax money or their most basic physical needs? Our neighbors wouldn't dream of cutting off the water, right?"
  3. "This drought is a warning sign sent by our Creator!" shouts a strangely familiar-looking man who has just walked in from the desert clad in camel hair and sandals. "If this nation will only turn from its wicked ways and hearken unto our God, surely He shall grace us with water once more!"
[h=5]The Government Position[/h] The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.

Yay! Isabellas get to breed cute things now!

[h=5]The Issue[/h] After a recent article in 'Salutations!' magazine highlighted a growing trend in arranged marriages throughout Vandoosa, several civil rights protesters have camped outside your parliament demanding changes to the law.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "This can't go on!" exclaims Cooper Zhimo, a long time campaigner for the rights of single young women. "Right now there's nothing to stop my parents marrying me off to anyone they please! Surely it ought to be the sole decision of the individual as to who they spend the rest of their life with? You can't just force two people together and expect it to work! Arranged marriages must be banned!"
  2. "I only want what's best for my daughter," argues Cyril Duckworth, father of three. "She's young! Far too young to know what's good for her! Everyday when I look in the newspaper I learn of another unwanted teen pregnancy, of poor, sad adolescents who have gone down the slippery slope of drugs and violence. If parents have the power to arrange marriages with other, respectable, wealthy families, then it helps set the foundations for our children to have a decent life! I propose that all marriages should be arranged by the parents of the families - it's the best way."
  3. "That's crazy!" says Declan Han, your Minister of Domestic Affairs. "Everyone knows that the people who screw your life up most are your parents! And now you consider letting them to decide who you marry?! I think we, the government, should arrange all marriages by national census. Distribute everyone to a place and person in an economically stimulating way - why, we'd solve the housing problems just like that! Especially if we dismiss outmoded things like divorce and monogamy! This could be a golden opportunity for us."

[h=5]The Government Position[/h] The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 3.

Lol. You can guess which one I picked!

The Issue

<form method="POST" action="http://www.nationstates.net/page=show_dilemma/dilemma=131">A number of well-dressed gentlemen wearing a varied assortment of swords is insisting that they be allowed to settle their private disputes on the field of honourable battle.
The Debate

1. "We must be permitted our inherent right to defend our honour through feats of arms!" exclaims Bill Hamilton, a bewigged aristocrat sporting a particularly flamboyant swept-hilt rapier. "The right to duel is one found throughout history for the honourable settling of disputes and I must insist that my right to fight be recognised! The world would be so much better - and cheaper too - if conflicts of interest were sorted through trial by combat instead of trial by jury."
    <input type="submit" name="choice-0" value="Accept">
  2. "Swords? Heavens, what dreadful things. All sharp and pointy - quite dangerous, you know," says Stefanie James, an ardent pacifist. "Duelling ought to be banned! The best way to settle these kind of arguments are through trials, we all know that. If we go ahead with what these duelling nutters want then innocent people will die! It will be a sad day when people value money more than justice. Apart from lawyers, obviously."
    <input type="submit" name="choice-1" value="Accept">
</form>

Yup time for some awful puns, allow me at least five.

1. Suppose nothing went over the shoulder.

2. Now they can at least sheathe their problems.

3. Dojo know this is awesome.

4. I sword upon this gentleman's agreement.

5. (and of course) I think he got the point.

Man I wish he had a none of the above option in the US.. Get some of those 3'rd part candidates a chance!

[h=5]The Issue[/h] A loose coalition of political activists running the gamut of the political spectrum has started a petition to add 'None of the Above' as an option on every ballot, so that a voter can reject all candidates if he feels none of them represent a viable option. If 'None of the Above' wins the election, a new election with all-new candidates would have to be held.
[h=5]The Debate[/h]
  1. "It's a simple matter really," says left-wing activist and former rock star Tim Frederickson. "Sometimes when you're voting, all the options suck. Why then should people be forced to hold their nose and vote for the lesser of two, or even three or four evils? Adding 'None of the Above' to the ballot would ensure that the people have a choice at all times, even if that choice is to reject the choices they have been given!"

2. "Adding 'None of the Above' to the ballot makes absolutely no sense," contributes conservative political pundit Ali Longbottom. "Those who want to run for office have already put their names on the ballot, and if none of those options suits the voter, that's just too bad. Instead, we ought to prevent this sort of problem and limit the number of options. Sure, fewer people can run, but that will eliminate costly runoff elections completely!"

I believe that I'm effectively pushing my beautiful nation into a benevolent dictatorship.
All is as it should be...

Isabellas just got the same issue Weavel got! Isabellas went with letting them stab each other with swords because swords are cool!