Any Critters on Iwaku?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the characters are great in their own right, but Tiberius and Scanlan really stand out for me. The players really get into their roles. ._.

Finished 4 Episodes now and my favourites are Tiberius and Vax.
Scanlan is also pretty entertaining though, and Grog... Grog is great. XD

Though I might be bias cause my longest running D&D character was a Orc Fighter/Barbarian named Urik who was a lot like Grog.

So how did everyone enjoy the most recent installment of Critical Role, "Keyleth: The Movie"?

So how did everyone enjoy the most recent installment of Critical Role, "Keyleth: The Movie"?
I was occupied all week setting up a Campaign, so I haven't been able to watch more of them lately.
I'll get started from episode 5 later though.

Having now watched through 11 episodes, yeah, I can definitely understand the comparative criticisms of Titansgrave. Critical Role is far more entertaining.

I find it hard now to pick a favorite character, because most of them are just so damned good. I will say that the one character I don't particularly care for is Percy, because he doesn't really seem to do anything interesting. His character personality isn't all that engaging and he just shoots things with a gun.. and does less damage than the lady with the bow. He's still alright, solid 7/10, but that lags far behind the others. :P

I don't particularly care for is Percy, because he doesn't really seem to do anything interesting.
732.gif

Eh, I still need to watch the 5th (I plan to tonight once I've caught up on Iwaku stuff) but for the most part I agree with Jorick.
Percy really just stays back and doesn't do much until he needs to fire his gun or tend to a wound. Despite still being a solid performance.

I will add I'm almost not too fond of Pike atm.
But to be fair, she's only been there for 1 episode so far.
So not only has she had a lack of time to develop, but there was probably nervousness about 1st day on the show as well going on there.

Well, to be honest, he hasn't quite gotten to that point of being super awesome. But "certain events" related to his story has begun to pop up, in which the actor himself has waited two years for it to. So a lot more is gonna happen with Percy soon I feel.

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Well, to be honest, he hasn't quite gotten to that point of being super awesome. But "certain events" related to his story has begun to pop up, in which the actor himself has waited two years for it to. So a lot more is gonna happen with Percy soon I feel.
Two years?
Damn, that's a long time to be waiting for such a thing.

Made for a damn good reaction though.

I can imagine. Damn I need to catch up on this series...

Which I will start to in 30 mins once my wings are done.

I'm just in awe when I watch Mercer DM. I find it extremely difficult to find good DMs around my area, and he runs through the story so smoothly, while keeping a good pace.

GOOD DMS, WHERE ARE YOU

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
DM of questionable capabilities signing in
Did pretty good with Dargy and I, even though that only got to the character sheet stage. It still counts.

An effort was made. ._.

Back on topic, I got really grumpy waiting until 3am for a Crit Role episode only to find out it wasn't even on that day. The woes of being a Briton. ;_;

I'm just in awe when I watch Mercer DM. I find it extremely difficult to find good DMs around my area, and he runs through the story so smoothly, while keeping a good pace.

GOOD DMS, WHERE ARE YOU
When it come to DMing tabletop, it has as much to do with your group as it has to do with the DM. The lot of them clearly get along well and been doing this for a while.

You can DM like William Shatner acts (me!) and still have good sessions. I'm not saying I'm a shit DM, because I can think on the fly when things go awry and I generally write out a good story/setting. I'm just saying DM narrative isn't of 100% importance when it comes to the game.

GOOD DMS, WHERE ARE YOU
I've been far more critical of my own DM skills since watching Critical Role.
Which could be bad... But it could be good because it means I'm constantly trying to improve in areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.